Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible, for the VGC option only, to add in the VGC timer? Currently, the timer for Showdown is far too long for VGC battles. They should be a total of 15 minutes for the battle and 45 seconds for each turn. I'll be honest, I have no idea about how easy it would be to implement. I don't know programming. But, if at all possible, it would make practicing and team building SO much easier and more realistic. Thanks for the consideration.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would it be possible, for the VGC option only, to add in the VGC timer? Currently, the timer for Showdown is far too long for VGC battles. They should be a total of 15 minutes for the battle and 45 seconds for each turn. I'll be honest, I have no idea about how easy it would be to implement. I don't know programming. But, if at all possible, it would make practicing and team building SO much easier and more realistic. Thanks for the consideration.
The big problem is that since we don't have animations accurate to game any timer is rather arbitrary. You should do what many players do and test the team on PS, build in-game then test online as well.

Maybe we could add a little feature, similar to Pokemon Online, where your full login name is highlighted by default? So "example" would automatically have "example" on his/her highlight list. It can be a little hard to find out about highlights, but if your name is by default on the highlight list it'd be really helpful, especially to new users.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It'd be dope if there was a command for mods + to clear all text from one particular user, so if you get a particularly rude spam message or dangerous link you can remove it from view. Maybe this could happen automatically for bans.

Hey guys,

I have a suggestion for the team builder that perhaps is something usefull.

What if we could make pokemon instead of a team. Then when making a team we could select pokemon we have prepared and that way can make it easier switch out pokemon while testing our teams. Now when i remove a pokemon from my team its gone, and it is a shame when i want it back.

Just a idea coming from a very new player here but might be something to look into.

Greetings ThaMies

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
It'd be dope if there was a command for mods + to clear all text from one particular user, so if you get a particularly rude spam message or dangerous link you can remove it from view. Maybe this could happen automatically for bans.
Either that or if a gigantic wall of text occurs that cannot be cleared for some reason, another command to just clear the entire chat for everyone would be nice (same permissions)

I like it. I don't see many cons to it except for the omnipresent need to code it in.

Either that or if a gigantic wall of text occurs that cannot be cleared for some reason, another command to just clear the entire chat for everyone would be nice (same permissions)
If you look at it politically, that opens the way for moderators to clear the evidence of an unjust disciplinary action. Now I'm not saying whatever shit about the moderators, just saying it's a very delicate thing to do, especially for rooms in which the auth-picking process is not as harsh as it is for global staff.

Make it such that we can have group private chats! Please!
Try a Skype, Facebook, IRC or chatzy conversation/group/channel. This is not worth the weight that it'd put on the server.

let me start by saying i really love showdown and i appreciate all that you guys do, but the spam keeps getting ridiculous so my suggestion is to implement the chat base on a rank system that way you would have to at least win 3 battles before you can enter the chat.

The second suggestion is more of a wish i would like ranks to be a little bit more permanent by that i mean users would be rank magicarp through arceus rank that way if you level up all the way to scizor rank or something like that you would not constantly fighting people in a magicarp rank. i know features take time and effort so i am in no hurry, just a food for though comment thank you

Now I am not sure how easy or difficult this could be to include, but its just a thought, what about recording more stats? It would be cool to see how many KO's you got in a lifetime, W/L Ratio, see what Pokemon you got the most KO's with, ect. Also to keep people coming back you can include career challenges an example would be "Get 150 KO's with Garchomp" or "Win a 6-0 game" or something like that. This would be awesome to see and it will drive people to play more and play more seriously. Sorry if this was already suggested.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
let me start by saying i really love showdown and i appreciate all that you guys do, but the spam keeps getting ridiculous so my suggestion is to implement the chat base on a rank system that way you would have to at least win 3 battles before you can enter the chat.

The second suggestion is more of a wish i would like ranks to be a little bit more permanent by that i mean users would be rank magicarp through arceus rank that way if you level up all the way to scizor rank or something like that you would not constantly fighting people in a magicarp rank. i know features take time and effort so i am in no hurry, just a food for though comment thank you
There's already Modchat AutoConfirmed, which is a week old and Winning a ladder match, so it'd work the same.
As for your question, there's already a system that pair you with your opponent by w/l ratio i think

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Now I am not sure how easy or difficult this could be to include, but its just a thought, what about recording more stats? It would be cool to see how many KO's you got in a lifetime, W/L Ratio, see what Pokemon you got the most KO's with, ect. Also to keep people coming back you can include career challenges an example would be "Get 150 KO's with Garchomp" or "Win a 6-0 game" or something like that. This would be awesome to see and it will drive people to play more and play more seriously. Sorry if this was already suggested.
There is an achievements system planned, which will most likely include rewarding players for completing certain challenges, similar to the ones you mentioned.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have 2 suggestions for replays.
  1. Currently the search function only produces the 25 latest replays, and older ones are inaccessible unless you already bookmarked it, etc. Is it possible to make older replays accessible via the search function? Perhaps implement an "Advance Search" option, where you can search by date (ranges)?
  2. Notify the viewers the total length of turns at the very beginning of the match. It takes away the suspense of whether I am going to be watching a short 12-turn match or a 200+ turn stallfest.
Thank you :>

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Something pretty similar to this is actually very close to being public, if you want you can pm me for more details.

Personally I have always found it annoying that I can't see the battle log while playing on my iPhone. I realize there is not much space but idk sometimes the animations aren't enough to figure out exactly what just happened in a turn. I know it's probably not a priority but I frequently use showdown on my iPhone and this is the only major drawback to doing so. Maybe you could make it so when you rotate to landscape mode instead of making the battle screen wider it could just add the log to the side? I'm not a programmer by any means just trying to help.

But either way thanks for the awesome sim

Mikela

Banned deucer.
I think I came up with one of the coolest idea's I've ever had.

I was just watching 'Pokemon Rival Destinies S15E03 Lost at the Stamp Rally'
And the battle at the end is a 'Tag battle' (Where you battle with someone else in a double battle. Example: Liza&Tate)
So I thought to myself, how extremly awesome would it be to get that a tier going on Showdown?

Where you get to choose the tier 'Tag battle', then it asks you to choose your team mate, and if they accept, you choose 3 Pokémon and your team mate chooses 3 Pokémon and it matches you against 2 others on the ladder.

I think this would make a nice addition to Showdown because this adds a new view on double battles.
And if this actually becomes a thing, there should be a command like /ts (teamspeak) that only your team mate can read.
So you can comminicate with your team mate, to discuss moves for that turn.

Not sure if somebody could make this a thing, but it'd sure be awesome. This might be cool in between a tier community like Monotype, Little Cup, Sky Battles, etc.

Think about it! n_n

- x Mikela / Destiny

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think I came up with one of the coolest idea's I've ever had.

I was just watching 'Pokemon Rival Destinies S15E03 Lost at the Stamp Rally'
And the battle at the end is a 'Tag battle' (Where you battle with someone else in a double battle. Example: Liza&Tate)
So I thought to myself, how extremly awesome would it be to get that a tier going on Showdown?

Where you get to choose the tier 'Tag battle', then it asks you to choose your team mate, and if they accept, you choose 3 Pokémon and your team mate chooses 3 Pokémon and it matches you against 2 others on the ladder.

I think this would make a nice addition to Showdown because this adds a new view on double battles.
And if this actually becomes a thing, there should be a command like /ts (teamspeak) that only your team mate can read.
So you can comminicate with your team mate, to discuss moves for that turn.

Not sure if somebody could make this a thing, but it'd sure be awesome. This might be cool in between a tier community like Monotype, Little Cup, Sky Battles, etc.

Think about it! n_n

- x Mikela / Destiny
It's been brought up before but would require such massive changes that it's almost entirely off the table right now.

Will triple and rotation battles ever be on Pokemon Showdown? Right now we do have ultra small things like sky battles and inverse battles but triple and rotation battles don't exist. There aren't many people who play triple or rotation battles competetively but maybe just add the option to do do costum triple battles to test out things, metronome battles etc.

Will triple and rotation battles ever be on Pokemon Showdown? Right now we do have ultra small things like sky battles and inverse battles but triple and rotation battles don't exist. There aren't many people who play triple or rotation battles competetively but maybe just add the option to do do costum triple battles to test out things, metronome battles etc.
I swear half the suggestions on this thread are "add double/triple battles" and the answer is always the same: Not anytime soon.

I encountered a large problem while doing random battles, so heres a suggestion.
Please implement a total battle timer of around 30 minutes due to two reasons.
*Stall Wars Example: On random battles both you and your opponet have one poke each left
Either attacker V stall or Stall V Stall
the stalls one move that attacks is immune to the attacker (flash fire)
Or just a Stall V Stall which gets nowhere

*Ignorant Players: Some players abuse the turn timer on purpose in order to draw the fight on to an unnessecary amount of time. This is the main reason why a total battle timer should be a thing.

I encountered a large problem while doing random battles, so heres a suggestion.
*Stall Wars Example: On random battles both you and your opponet have one poke each left

*Ignorant Players: Some players abuse the turn timer on purpose in order to draw the fight on to an unnessecary amount of time. This is the main reason why a total battle timer should be a thing.
Encountering situations like you said is part of the game. Also, some battles take over 30 minutes (yes, it's rare), so it's kind of a waste if you've been battling for that amount of time then the game ends and you both tie. If a user is timer-stalling, PM a global staff member (% or @).

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Yep, as Kangaaroo said, deliberately running the timer down before making a move (timersralling) is against the rules, so if someone does this to you don't hesitate to pm a staff member.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The ingame battle time limit is one hour. However, since PS's animations are not the same length as ingame animations, we cannot implement a battle timer true to the game.

Seriously though, if you're locked into a stall war, play it out like a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)