Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A problem with muting people in a battle is that it's an official disciplinary punishment, and thus would show on modlog, and would also be abused for sure. For spammers, you can call in a global staff member or set /modchat player until the staff arrive.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A tab complete for the users in the battle..
You can tab complete in battles though it doesn't work the same way that it works in a normal chat room. It will scroll through all users (I believe, I haven't tested this and can't remember when this feature was added) so you cannot just tab to get the last user who spoke but it will function to complete names, you just may need to type in an extra one or two characters.

You can tab complete in battles though it doesn't work the same way that it works in a normal chat room. It will scroll through all users (I believe, I haven't tested this and can't remember when this feature was added) so you cannot just tab to get the last user who spoke but it will function to complete names, you just may need to type in an extra one or two characters.
Tried this, doesn't work.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can we have Gen 3 Ubers and Gen 4 Ubers implemented? The Ubers subforum is starting to do past-gen Weekend Tournaments and there has been interest expressed in doing ADV/DPP Ubers; however, we can't rely on Custom Game since they don't enforce the rules for such things in the tournament scripts.

Yeah, I haven't read through all the pages to see if this was asked already, so here I go:

I think it'd be nice to have a /kick command available in synch with /roomban (available to roommod and up). This is mostly because there are some things which require a user to be removed from the room, but just aren't serious enough to warrant a ban.

Example: Spamming join/leave with the tournament bot, muting doesn't prevent them from doing it, and banning for that is just too severe in my opinion.
I dont think its severe, its essentially the same as spamming any other message. They dont care to contribute to the room and shouldnt be there.

I dont think its severe, its essentially the same as spamming any other message. They dont care to contribute to the room and shouldnt be there.
I always was confused as to why there wasn't a distinction between /warns and /kicks. A kick shoud (in my mind) kick them from the room. In tournaments, we warn people then ban them, as there's no other deterrent. I actually like KevinJohnKaisar's idea of differentiating them.

I always was confused as to why there wasn't a distinction between /warns and /kicks. A kick shoud (in my mind) kick them from the room. In tournaments, we warn people then ban them, as there's no other deterrent. I actually like KevinJohnKaisar's idea of differentiating them.
I dont think it necessary to have a dedicated command that would almost exclusively be used for tournament trolls, but I guess I dont dislike the idea either. At the very least it'd serve to the completion of the sim.

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I dont think it necessary to have a dedicated command that would almost exclusively be used for tournament trolls, but I guess I dont dislike the idea either. At the very least it'd serve to the completion of the sim.
It isn't just for that room. I also know it would benefit Roleplaying, and AmphyRP greatly as well, and I'm sure that it would help with the quality of room moderation.

not sure if this already has been suggested, but i have a suggestion: when you click "Watch Battle" you are presented to a list with every battle on the server; what i recommend is having an option of sorting those battles by some atributes, but most importantly sorting them by the elo of the players. imo that would make it easier for the spectators to find good matches.

It isn't just for that room. I also know it would benefit Roleplaying, and AmphyRP greatly as well, and I'm sure that it would help with the quality of room moderation.
I meant tournament trolls as in the tours script, not the room. And I still fail to see why would not a mute be preferred instead of a kick given they can just come back in.

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A mute would not stop people joining and leaving the tournament repeatedly, which is what causes the spam.

Can we have Gen 3 Ubers and Gen 4 Ubers implemented? The Ubers subforum is starting to do past-gen Weekend Tournaments and there has been interest expressed in doing ADV/DPP Ubers; however, we can't rely on Custom Game since they don't enforce the rules for such things in the tournament scripts.
Added Gen 4 Ubers. Not sure how playable Gen 3 is. If you find any Gen 4 bugs, post it in the bug reports thread and I'll take a look at it.

Added Gen 4 Ubers. Not sure how playable Gen 3 is. If you find any Gen 4 bugs, post it in the bug reports thread and I'll take a look at it.
{
name: "[Gen 4] Ubers (beta)",
section: "Past Generations",

mod: 'gen4',
ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard'],
banlist: ['Arceus']

column: 2
},
Wait... Arceus is banned from Ubers? Since when?

Huh. Weird.

Anyways, my suggestion is that when a Pokémon uses Reflect or Light Screen, could you add a little "5 to 8 turns left" thing like you do for sun, rain, sandstorm, hail, gravity, trick room, and so on?

I'm not sure if many people feel the same way, but I have to call the makers of Showdown out on blanketing tiers for every meta. I am currently working on a team based around the "Red Formula" in which a team is made using only starters, gifts, and interactive pokemon for each generation. However, making a team for Gen 3 is made impossible by the blanket tiers that Showdown has. This is because of Blaziken's 'recent' ban for XY OU. When it was banned there, I assumed that it would still be usable in other generations where it is not banned.

NOPE.

I think that it ruins past generations when things like this happens, because it ruins certain teams. Again, Blaziken on smogon's official listings for gen 3 is BL, not uber, so it should be usable in gen 3 and 4, where it is not banned.

The other problem that I have with the layout of the teambuilder is that it lists every move that the pokemon has ever been able to learn, no matter what meta or generation the team is set for. As someone who has trouble remembering when all the moves were made, and someone who is not too keen on egg moves and move tutors, I don't find it too helpful when the screen flashes with the message:

Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - [insert pokemon here] can't learn [insert move here] because it's incompatible with another move or ability.

That's not very helpful, considering that they do not explain why it is incompatible or what it is incompatible with. I literally spent half an hour trying to find out why my Cacturne could not use body slam on a setup with Water Absorb, Teeter Dance, Smelling Salts and Growth. I finally figured out that it was because it was a Gen 3 move tutor, and was incompatible with EVERY OTHER MOVE. I finally resolved to swap it for Thunder Punch, but the time I spent trying to figure out what I needed to change was time I never got back. I propose that the people who run showdown do something to make the interface more user-friendly, so that we can solve problems faster and continue to enjoy it. Post opinions below, and let me know what you think.

I'm not sure if many people feel the same way, but I have to call the makers of Showdown out on blanketing tiers for every meta. I am currently working on a team based around the "Red Formula" in which a team is made using only starters, gifts, and interactive pokemon for each generation. However, making a team for Gen 3 is made impossible by the blanket tiers that Showdown has. This is because of Blaziken's 'recent' ban for XY OU. When it was banned there, I assumed that it would still be usable in other generations where it is not banned.

NOPE.

I think that it ruins past generations when things like this happens, because it ruins certain teams. Again, Blaziken on smogon's official listings for gen 3 is BL, not uber, so it should be usable in gen 3 and 4, where it is not banned.

The other problem that I have with the layout of the teambuilder is that it lists every move that the pokemon has ever been able to learn, no matter what meta or generation the team is set for. As someone who has trouble remembering when all the moves were made, and someone who is not too keen on egg moves and move tutors, I don't find it too helpful when the screen flashes with the message:

Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - [insert pokemon here] can't learn [insert move here] because it's incompatible with another move or ability.

That's not very helpful, considering that they do not explain why it is incompatible or what it is incompatible with. I literally spent half an hour trying to find out why my Cacturne could not use body slam on a setup with Water Absorb, Teeter Dance, Smelling Salts and Growth. I finally figured out that it was because it was a Gen 3 move tutor, and was incompatible with EVERY OTHER MOVE. I finally resolved to swap it for Thunder Punch, but the time I spent trying to figure out what I needed to change was time I never got back. I propose that the people who run showdown do something to make the interface more user-friendly, so that we can solve problems faster and continue to enjoy it. Post opinions below, and let me know what you think.
/learn Pokemon, move1, move2, move3, move4
If the result is "This Pokemon can't learn these moves" proceed to type the following:

/learn Pokemon, move1
/learn Pokemon, move2
/learn Pokemon, move3
/learn Pokemon, move4

See if there are any contradictions within the results and think whether or not you have a Gen5(DreamWorld) ability, and you will quickly spot the incompatibility.

Also I'm gonna make a wild guess and say the Teambuilder is the same for every generation because it'd be pretty hard/tedious to code in 6 different teambuilders.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus

NOPE.

https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/mods/gen3/formats-data.js#L1451

Blaziken is BL in gen 3, the teambuilder just doesn't show this because no one wants to code the teambuilder to work for all gens. The code is open source, feel free to do it yourself if you like.

Now instead of acting all high-and-mighty and accusing PS developers of this and that, why don't you think that this is a bug (or more likely an error on your part, as I can't see the bug)?

With the current increase in users I would like to suggest some sort of thread or live broadcast of the server's status. It'd be beneficial to all users and hopefully provide an explanation of why the server is down rather that getting the 'couldn't connect to server' message.

This may sound like an odd idea, and it more than likely isn't even a plausible one, but I feel like splitting the main server into two, or perhaps just adding a second main server, may increase the speed if the server (IIRC Zarel said in the lobby one day that it isn't the server being on the makes it slow, but the number or people, By restarting the server, AFK/Inattentive users would be booted, creating an environment with less users thus increasing the server's speed). If half of the rooms were on one server (A server for battle/pokemon stuff) and half were on the other (Mafia, THP, D&D, etc. Basically non pokemon stuff) server (Which would still have battles/ladders and stuff) then wouldn't both servers flourish in speed. I also think this would decrease trolling/spamming in the rooms, if the user who was trolling was roombanned, they'd have less overall rooms to go to, resulting in less spam/trolling. Its just a thought and I'm sure there are some flaws in this idea, but I feel, as of right now, this would be an ideal system.

This may sound like an odd idea, and it more than likely isn't even a plausible one, but I feel like splitting the main server into two, or perhaps just adding a second main server, may increase the speed if the server (IIRC Zarel said in the lobby one day that it isn't the server being on the makes it slow, but the number or people, By restarting the server, AFK/Inattentive users would be booted, creating an environment with less users thus increasing the server's speed). If half of the rooms were on one server (A server for battle/pokemon stuff) and half were on the other (Mafia, THP, D&D, etc. Basically non pokemon stuff) server (Which would still have battles/ladders and stuff) then wouldn't both servers flourish in speed. I also think this would decrease trolling/spamming in the rooms, if the user who was trolling was roombanned, they'd have less overall rooms to go to, resulting in less spam/trolling. Its just a thought and I'm sure there are some flaws in this idea, but I feel, as of right now, this would be an ideal system.
I see a few flaws in this:

1) The users who do both pokemon related and non-pokemon related activities would essentially need two tabs open to navigate between all the different rooms and such

2) Where would the lobby be placed? Strictly speaking its not pokemon related like rooms such as OU, ubers, etc...

3) This would cause mass confusion for new users who are just starting out.

I'm sure there's more but I cant see them at the moment

I see a few flaws in this:

1) The users who do both pokemon related and non-pokemon related activities would essentially need two tabs open to navigate between all the different rooms and such

2) Where would the lobby be placed? Strictly speaking its not pokemon related like rooms such as OU, ubers, etc...

3) This would cause mass confusion for new users who are just starting out.

I'm sure there's more but I cant see them at the moment
4) Double the moderating for global staff.

5) You need another server of PS' caliber lol

If memory serves, splitting the hosts and processes while still keeping PS! the same for the average user is one of the higher-priority thing Zarel is working on now, and hasn't happened yet due to difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)