Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know how Lobby can get spammy. We all know how there once atleast every 5 minutes comes one guy who floods the whole chat and gets banned. And when even tho he gets banned, the spam stays and that's why I'm posting this. The spam ruins the flow of the discussions but if you get rid of the spam the discussion could go on as if nothing happened. My point is that if someone gets banned in the chat, everything he has said or done in the chat should just get deleted.

For example, twitch.tv does this to get rid of most of the spam.

Last edited:

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
I've been noticing many players on the PS! server tend to count Tailwind turns incorrectly, or even worse, they don't even notice Tailwind is up at all. The animation for Tailwind is a little too simple; most players don't even realize it has been used leading them to lose their match because they were not aware of their opponent's speed advantage.

I suggest making the Tailwind animation a little more complex, such as a gust of wind blowing through the field to make it more noticeable. Or, there could be a timer or counter for the number of Tailwind turns left so that players won't miscount; Laga lost a Doubles Seasonal Tourney Match because he miscounted the number of turns Tailwind had left. :/

Just wanted to throw in my two cents, as a lot of people are having this problem. In fact, I had just played a ladder match and the guy I was playing didn't even realize I used Tailwind with Talonflame and that costly mistake enabled me to win the battle. Hope this could potentially get fixed :o
Messages for Tailwind and other moves that were listed above are not displayed on PS because they are not displayed in-game. However, the staff can discuss the issue and implement messages if it's agreed that they should be added.
We all know how Lobby can get spammy. We all know how there once atleast every 5 minutes comes one guy who floods the whole chat and gets banned. And when even tho he gets banned, the spam stays and that's why I'm posting this. The spam ruins the flow of the discussions but if you get rid of the spam the discussion could go on as if nothing happened. My point is that if someone gets banned in the chat, everything he has said or done in the chat should just get deleted.

For example, twitch.tv does this to get rid of most of the spam.
This was suggested once before and it was decided that messages from the chat will not be deleted when users are locked or banned.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would still very much like:
  • Ability to set persistent bans for rooms that are not reset upon server restart
  • Ability to set a message that shows upon room entry

Specifically for the tournament room, I think that the advertisement of streams shouldn't be allowed.

I saw a host of a tournament with 64 contestants consistently posting links to his friend's stream. Not only was this annoying, but it was in bold (I've seen multiple times Drivers/Mods saying bold is only for advertising tournaments) and since his tournament had 64 participants. He was clogging up the chat and distracting from other tournaments for over 2 hours.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Specifically for the tournament room, I think that the advertisement of streams shouldn't be allowed.

I saw a host of a tournament with 64 contestants consistently posting links to his friend's stream. Not only was this annoying, but it was in bold (I've seen multiple times Drivers/Mods saying bold is only for advertising tournaments) and since his tournament had 64 participants. He was clogging up the chat and distracting from other tournaments for over 2 hours.
I used to be in tours staff and when I was on the team, we allowed people to advertise their streams if it was for a tourney. This may have changed though, I haven't been active in there for a while. Now, I don't know if that is the case here because I was not there but if it wasn't, that is likely to be an issue. You can PM a driver+ politely just alerting them that this may be the case. They can check it out and punish if needed. I suggest though that if you have a big issue you PM one of the ROs.

• Ability to set a message that shows upon room entry
SirDonovan submitted a pull request for a feature not too different from this a while back. It was declined but I don't know if he or any other people are planning on making the changes Zarel requested. It seems like a possibility though.

I used to be in tours staff and when I was on the team, we allowed people to advertise their streams if it was for a tourney. This may have changed though, I haven't been active in there for a while. Now, I don't know if that is the case here because I was not there but if it wasn't, that is likely to be an issue. You can PM a driver+ politely just alerting them that this may be the case. They can check it out and punish if needed. I suggest though that if you have a big issue you PM one of the ROs.
I'm not saying that I want one particular user punished, I'm suggesting the rule itself to be changed.
I did talk to a Driver when it was happening and he explained to me that the user wasn't breaking any rules, so I decided to bring it here.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not saying that I want one particular user punished, I'm suggesting the rule itself to be changed.
I did talk to a Driver when it was happening and he explained to me that the user wasn't breaking any rules, so I decided to bring it here.
PMing a RO then is your best option, provide them a reason and I am sure that they will take that into consideration.

Freeze really needs to be fixed I get forzen about 100x more often on the simulator compared to the real game. It is unreal and extremely consistent. Ice beam might as well be scald except it gets the most broken status in the game.

Just one replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-113017724
The probability of freezing, as in the replay you linked, on at least two out of four ice beam hits (where you weren't already freeze status beforehand) is just over 5%, or one in twenty games. It's definitely not impossible. If we were talking something more like, say, 4 freezes out of 6 hits, then that'd be a red flag.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you think there's something wrong with PS's RNG, prove it - run a test with a very large sample size of Ice Beam use on PS and on the carts.

Forgive this noob for not reading the 63 pages in this thread, but I'd like to suggest (I'm sure it's been suggested before) a Pokemon Stadium format for ShowDown. I believe it is different enough that it could significantly alter play.

Anyway, that's that.

I would like to suggest the ability to delete replays if and only if they've been shared by you, so we won't run into the problem of what if someone else wanted it up and you don't.

Hey Zarel, thanks so much for Pokemon Showdown! Just one thing, and although you probably will hate this or just not do it, could you program Tag Battles? When you search for a battle, it will pair you up with another person and you two will battle two others. I really don't care if you don't do it, I just thought it might be fun.

Hey Zarel, thanks so much for Pokemon Showdown! Just one thing, and although you probably will hate this or just not do it, could you program Tag Battles? When you search for a battle, it will pair you up with another person and you two will battle two others. I really don't care if you don't do it, I just thought it might be fun.
Most likely this has already been thought of and planned for the future (or not, because I can imagine it'd be pretty hard to code).

Most likely this has already been thought of and planned for the future (or not, because I can imagine it'd be pretty hard to code).
Maybe but maybe not. I am kind of bad at coding, but could do something like giving each user a random number when clicking the search for a battle button then which ever other user's number corresponds to their number they will be paired up with but yeah, that might be kind of hard to code.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Two Battle Suggestions

A tab complete for the users in the battle.
Players being able to mute the spectators,

1) It wouldnt make sense if the battle doesnt get one

2) Users can be pretty annoying at times, but there's no real reason to modchat +. So i think it'd be fair to be able to mute for players.

Two Battle Suggestions

A tab complete for the users in the battle.
Players being able to mute the spectators,

1) It wouldnt make sense if the battle doesnt get one

2) Users can be pretty annoying at times, but there's no real reason to modchat +. So i think it'd be fair to be able to mute for players.
I agree with your first suggestion, and even made a suggestion myself about it. I kind of think that being able to set /modchat + in battles is fine, but it wouldn't hurt to be able to mute people in battle. Also, I think it'd be really cool to have a Monotype tier for UU, RU, NU, and even maybe LC. Kind of odd that only OU gets a Monotype tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)