Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now instead of acting all high-and-mighty and accusing PS developers of this and that, why don't you think that this is a bug (or more likely an error on your part, as I can't see the bug)?
This post is in no way trying to offend or shame any of the developers of Pokemon Showdown! I am trying to defend my case.
Why don't you calm down? If it was a bug, I didn't know. Also, I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I was just making a suggestion. Also, you cannot tell me that getting that message isn't annoying, because you don't know what is incompatible with what. I'm saying that it would be a lot more user-friendly if they could at least send a link to the movesets on somewhere like smogon or serebii or whatever. It would be a lot simpler. Finally, where do you get off saying I'm acting high-and-mighty when everyone has a right to express their opinions. You could have said "next time dont word it so negatively" or something like that. Plus, I kind of can blame them because they're the ones who made it in the first place. Who would you expect me to blame? Myself for being so blind as to not see this version of PS as perfect in every way, shape, and form? No thanks, I'll pass. I'd rather say something to the people who tried to make it as user-friendly and easy to use to begin with. Even if it is tedious to do something, it would be worth it in the long run because it would help more people. It's just kind of lazy. (again, no offense to the developers)

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
This post is in no way trying to offend or shame any of the developers of Pokemon Showdown! I am trying to defend my case.
Why don't you calm down? If it was a bug, I didn't know. Also, I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I was just making a suggestion. Also, you cannot tell me that getting that message isn't annoying, because you don't know what is incompatible with what. I'm saying that it would be a lot more user-friendly if they could at least send a link to the movesets on somewhere like smogon or serebii or whatever. It would be a lot simpler. Finally, where do you get off saying I'm acting high-and-mighty when everyone has a right to express their opinions. You could have said "next time dont word it so negatively" or something like that. Plus, I kind of can blame them because they're the ones who made it in the first place. Who would you expect me to blame? Myself for being so blind as to not see this version of PS as perfect in every way, shape, and form? No thanks, I'll pass. I'd rather say something to the people who tried to make it as user-friendly and easy to use to begin with. Even if it is tedious to do something, it would be worth it in the long run because it would help more people. It's just kind of lazy. (again, no offense to the developers)
but I have to call the makers of Showdown out on blanketing tiers for every meta.
Please feel free to use another sim and keep your deranged logic to yourself

Please feel free to use another sim and keep your deranged logic to yourself
I didnt know that was fixed. I tried it again recently and using Blaziken did work in gen 3 OU. It wasn't working for me ever since Blaziken became uber in gen 6 OU. And again, you call me out on something that is completely opinion based. In my eyes, I saw the situation as the way I said it in the second quote. I didn't realize that wasn't the case. You can't call my logic deranged because you see differently. That's like saying I can't talk because I think that school is okay, while you think it is stupid. Why would I keep it to myself if I have a right to say something. Lastly, on the topic of said logic, thank you again for providing no examples to make your case, making you sound kind of biased, and stupid.

I see a few flaws in this:

1) The users who do both pokemon related and non-pokemon related activities would essentially need two tabs open to navigate between all the different rooms and such

2) Where would the lobby be placed? Strictly speaking its not pokemon related like rooms such as OU, ubers, etc...

3) This would cause mass confusion for new users who are just starting out.

I'm sure there's more but I cant see them at the moment
Counter to Point 1: What exactly is the issue with this? It isn't hard to multitask you get use to it. I think the better organization outweighs the extra tab.

Counter to Point 2: Why can't both have a lobby in both? Is it even that big of a deal?

Counter to Point 3: I got nothing to counter this. Good point.
4) Double the moderating for global staff.

5) You need another server of PS' caliber lol
Counter to Point 4: Couldn't mods just split the duties evenly? Delegating is efficient and eases work loads.

Counter to Point 5: I don't see how this is an issue

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I didnt know that was fixed. I tried it again recently and using Blaziken did work in gen 3 OU. It wasn't working for me ever since Blaziken became uber in gen 6 OU. And again, you call me out on something that is completely opinion based. In my eyes, I saw the situation as the way I said it in the second quote. I didn't realize that wasn't the case. You can't call my logic deranged because you see differently. That's like saying I can't talk because I think that school is okay, while you think it is stupid. Why would I keep it to myself if I have a right to say something. Lastly, on the topic of said logic, thank you again for providing no examples to make your case, making you sound kind of biased, and stupid.
nothing was "fixed" its remained the same for months now, all thats changed is your methodology, as I said you were blaming the developers for your own error and now are still acting as if its everyone elses fault/problem.

So pardon me for expressing my opinion in a manner I see fit, just as you have been. The difference is I am using logic while you seem to simple to understand that you are making assumptions and then blaming others when they are proven wrong

nothing was "fixed" its remained the same for months now, all thats changed is your methodology, as I said you were blaming the developers for your own error and now are still acting as if its everyone elses fault/problem.

So pardon me for expressing my opinion in a manner I see fit, just as you have been. The difference is I am using logic while you seem to simple to understand that you are making assumptions and then blaming others when they are proven wrong
Okay, let me re-word what I am trying to say. When I encountered the issue of not being able to use Blaziken in Gen 3 OU, I thought it was because it was Uber in Gen 6. I thought that was because the new tier list controlled all the previous generations. As you said, I should not have blamed the devs for that because I didn't know what was going on. But, you can't tell me you've never found a bug in a game or anything and said "oh, the devs need to fix that." I was using logic, but I did not know what was happening because, unlike some people, I don't have access to the code, like what you showed in your response to my first post.

I was not blaming the devs for my mistake, but I was blaming them for a possible error in the game, because they are the ones who made it. If it was my fault and I was doing something wrong, how are you going to tell me? I did not recall every single event that occurred while I was having trouble.

Pardon me if this is not the issue you are talking about, but rather it is the whole "user-friendly" aspect I was bringing up. It's kind of hard to tell when you say that I'm blaming others for my mistake if you don't tell me what my mistake is in the first place.

And, by the way, your "methodology" has consisted of telling me that I am wrong with little to no evidence, telling me I'm stupid, and insulting me by saying things like "you're acting high-and-mighty" or "your to simple to understand". If you want to make a stronger case, quit it with the insults.

Okay, let me re-word what I am trying to say. When I encountered the issue of not being able to use Blaziken in Gen 3 OU, I thought it was because it was Uber in Gen 6. I thought that was because the new tier list controlled all the previous generations. As you said, I should not have blamed the devs for that because I didn't know what was going on. But, you can't tell me you've never found a bug in a game or anything and said "oh, the devs need to fix that." I was using logic, but I did not know what was happening because, unlike some people, I don't have access to the code, like what you showed in your response to my first post.

I was not blaming the devs for my mistake, but I was blaming them for a possible error in the game, because they are the ones who made it. If it was my fault and I was doing something wrong, how are you going to tell me? I did not recall every single event that occurred while I was having trouble.

Pardon me if this is not the issue you are talking about, but rather it is the whole "user-friendly" aspect I was bringing up. It's kind of hard to tell when you say that I'm blaming others for my mistake if you don't tell me what my mistake is in the first place.

And, by the way, your "methodology" has consisted of telling me that I am wrong with little to no evidence, telling me I'm stupid, and insulting me by saying things like "you're acting high-and-mighty" or "your to simple to understand". If you want to make a stronger case, quit it with the insults.
At the end of the day this is still a Suggestions thread. Leave it be please, or take your debate to private messages.

I think they should make a format that allows ANY legit Pokémon for double and single. No restrictions, no causes, just your standard street battle.

I think it'd be useful to have battle formats like "vgc 2014" or other search categories like "fully evolved" (fe) to narrow the dexsearch list for easier use.

I have NO idea if it has been suggested before, but I think the simulator really needs a graphic for Sticky Web. I constantly forget that it's there and only notice when it's too late. I don't even know if hazards are present visually in-game, but since they're on the simulator I think they should all be present!

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have NO idea if it has been suggested before, but I think the simulator really needs a graphic for Sticky Web. I constantly forget that it's there and only notice when it's too late. I don't even know if hazards are present visually in-game, but since they're on the simulator I think they should all be present!
I believe they are working on it but couldn't agree more.

i officaly want a friends option (add friend battle friend talk with friend delete friend etc) coss its really hard to usually find people who were awesome... basically impossible

i officaly want a friends option (add friend battle friend talk with friend delete friend etc) coss its really hard to usually find people who were awesome... basically impossible
A Friends list has been made, but currently will put to much strain on the Server. If you want to find someone, you can do /user [username].

This might be the wrong forum for me to ask this, but I have a suggestion for the Showdown Calculator.

Is there ever going to be an implementation of custom movesets and spreads that you can search for, like the "Usage" and "Blank" sets? It would drastically decrease the time needed to adjust your Pokemon to the needs of your team. As a VGC player, the Special Ladder on cart is soon being changed to Inversion Battles, so Showdown is my main practicing tool. Being able to save some custom sets of the most common things used in the format would be awesome, because you could search them up in a heartbeat (search "Mawile VGC" or "Mawile Ray") and be able to create your spread necessary to land those significant OHKO's or live them. I know that it may sound unneeded, since you can just enter the data yourself each time you want to create a spread for a Pokemon, but I feel that it wouldn't take much effort to be able to save, import and export custom spreads compatible with Showdown format teams that are saved to your own computer.

It takes a lot of unnecessary research without bookmarking to find all competitive spreads for each of the common threats, especially if you are relatively new to the ruleset that you're playing.

Is this in the realm of possibility? Are people already working on this? Would anyone else want this to be implemented?

EDIT: made some mistakes that I forgot to double check.

This might be the wrong forum for me to ask this, but I have a suggestion for the Showdown Calculator.

Is there ever going to be an implementation of custom movesets and spreads that you can search for, like the "Usage" and "Blank" sets? It would drastically decrease the time needed to adjust your Pokemon to the needs of your team. As a VGC player, the Special Ladder on cart is soon being changed to Inversion Battles, so Showdown is my main practicing tool. Being able to save some custom sets of the most common things used in the format would be awesome, because you could search them up in a heartbeat (search "Mawile VGC" or "Mawile Ray") and be able to create your spread necessary to land those significant OHKO's or live them. I know that it may sound unneeded, since you can just enter the data yourself each time you want to create a spread for a Pokemon, but I feel that it wouldn't take much effort to be able to save, import and export custom spreads compatible with Showdown format teams that are saved to your own computer.

It takes a lot of unnecessary research without bookmarking to find all competitive spreads for each of the common threats, especially if you are relatively new to the ruleset that you're playing.

Is this in the realm of possibility? Are people already working on this? Would anyone else want this to be implemented?

EDIT: made some mistakes that I forgot to double check.
Probably should contact Honko - He made the Pokemon Calc. Showdown just uses it.

I think it'd be useful to have battle formats like "vgc 2014" or other search categories like "fully evolved" (fe) to narrow the dexsearch list for easier use.
I agree, "fully evolved" or something to that effect would greatly narrow the list of desired results. Tagging TalkTakesTime

Last edited:
I have checked Pokemon Showdown's Audio and I would like to suggest some battle themes like Gym Leader Themes. Gym Leader Themes could be used in Monotype, Champion Themes could be used in uh... Ubers or VGC. Thank you for reading this post.
(I'm okay with any amount of music or nothing)

I have checked Pokemon Showdown's Audio and I would like to suggest some battle themes like Gym Leader Themes. Gym Leader Themes could be used in Monotype, Champion Themes could be used in uh... Ubers or VGC. Thank you for reading this post.
(I'm okay with any amount of music or nothing)
From Zarel:
Music is a huge bandwidth sink... In other words, it costs around $2000/mo in bandwidth to send users music. Adding more music would cost approximately $200/mo per song.
I don't think there are any plans to add more music at this time.

People seem to not know what the word "concede" means so there are occurrences of people being tricked into using the command and losing surprisingly often. I suggest that either /concede should be taken out (/forfeit is sufficient) or that something should pop up asking if you're sure you want to forfeit. I'm not sure why people are tricked so easily but it'd prevent unfair losses and resulting bans.

Edit: this was brought up among staff, and the aliases for /forfeit were removed, meaning this problem should no longer occur.

Last edited:
A Friends list has been made, but currently will put to much strain on the Server. If you want to find someone, you can do /user [username].
Just want to second blazeultra's suggestion and explain why it might still be a good addition to Showdown. I make friends on Showdown all the time and it would be very handy to have a friends list which you can check if they are online or not and battle them. This would be much more convenient then searching for friends using the feature you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)