Team Twilight Feast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction: Hello everybody! This is my 2nd RMT and I really like using this team I have made. Thus far, in my opinion, it is the best team I have created. It still needs some work so I decided to post it for help. It is a balanced team and I tried to make it bulky. It also covers a lot of the big threats in the metagame. Anyways lets take a glance at the team ;)

Team at a glance:
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

Team Twilight Feast

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Earth Power
Fire Blast
Hidden Power [Grass]
Stealth Rock

Suggested by some guy I know. I actually like Heatran on this team and handles most leads these days. HP Grass OHKO's Swampert which is wicked helpful. Stealth Rock is obvious. Fire Blast takes down Metagross, Jirachi, Skarmory, Celebi, Roserade and Foretress leads. Earth Power takes down Empoleon, Jirachi and isn't bad against Smeargle.

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Body Slam
Crunch
Selfdestruct
Earthquake

CurseLax is so last month (ok probably not, but whatever). I absolutely love using CB Snorlax. It can OHKO Latias and is a great counter for other Pokemon. Adamant nature is obvious. Earthquake can help against many Steel threats such as Jirachi and I have to beware of Lucario.

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Draco Meteor
Thunderbolt
Surf
Trick

Many people said I should add SpecsLatias, so I did. Trick is to annoy sweepers, annoyers, and Blissey. Draco Meteor is one of many ways to take care of Swampert and Thunderbolt is for those pesky Water types. Choice Specs raises Special Attack, making this, in my opinion, the most feared set of Latias.

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Bulk Up
Dynamicpunch
Stone Edge
Bullet Punch

I think this guy might be the star of the team. Bulk Up is so wicked good, raising my Attack and Defense stat, making him wicked bulky. Bullet Punch for priority. Stone Edge takes care of Gyarados, Salamence, etc. Dynamicpunch gaurantees Confusion, which is why he is an awesome sweeper. Also a great Blissey counter as she really gives me troubles.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
Calm Mind
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power [Electric]

This guy is great! It has a nice Mix moves. CM for boosts and Ice Beam for Dragon Types and ideal for Gliscor. HP Electric for Vappy and Gyarados. Surf is obvious and eliminates some nice amount of threats.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/176 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
U-turn
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Iron Head

My revenge-killer! Jirachi is such a great revenge-killer. It has incredible speed and has even more because of Choice Scarf! Iron Head will be really good against ScarfTar and U-turn is good for scouting annoyers, such as Celebi, and Swampert. Ice Punch is for ScarfLatias and can also be ideal for Salamence. Last, but not least, Fire Punch is to take care of Scizor and Weavile. I love Jirachi.

Final Words: I had such a fun time building this team. It has gotten me a 2-1 record already. That may seem low, but the loss was because of hax and I both of the wins, I won 6-0. Anyways I hope you enjoyed it and please rate!

Reserved for Threat List

Threat List

Blissey
- Machamp (Dynamicpunch)
- Snorlax (Selfdestruct)

Umbreon
- Machamp (Dynamicpunch)

Bronzong
- Salamence (Fire Blast)
- Jirachi (Fire Punch)
- Snorlax (Crunch)

Celebi
- Salamence (Fire Blast)
- Jirachi (Fire Punch)
- Snorlax (Crunch)

Cresselia
- Snorlax (Crunch)

Forretress
- Salamence (Fire Blast)
- Jirachi (Fire Punch)

Gliscor
- Jirachi (Ice Punch)
- Suicune (Surf)
- Snorlax (Body Slam/Crunch)
- Salamence (Outrage)

Tentacruel
- Salamence (Earthquake)
- Azelf (Thunderbolt) NOTE: If still alive.
- Snorlax (Thunderpunch)

Dusknoir
- Snorlax (Crunch)

Hippowdon
- Suicune (Surf)
- Jirachi (Ice Punch)
- Machamp (Dynamicpunch)

Jirachi
- Salamence (Fire Blast/Earthquake)
- Snorlax (Crunch)
- Jirachi (Fire Punch)

Rotom-A
- Snorlax (Crunch)

Skarmory
- Salamence (Fire Blast)
- Jirachi (Fire Punch)
- Snorlax (Thunderpunch)
- Azelf (Thunderbolt)

Snorlax
- Machamp (Dynamicpunch)

Suicune
- Snorlax (Thunderpunch)

Swampert
- Jirachi (U-turn)
- Suicune (Surf)

Tyranitar
- Suicune (Surf)
- Machamp (Dynamicpunch/Bullet Punch)
- Salamence (Earthquake)
- Jirachi (Iron Head)

Vaporeon
- Snorlax (Thunderpunch)

Zapdos
- Jirachi (Ice Punch)
- Machamp (Stone Edge)

Azelf
- Snorlax (Crunch)
- Jirachi (U-turn)

Breloom
- Salamence (Fire Blast)
- Jirachi (Ice Punch)
- Azelf (Psychic) NOTE: If still alive.

Gengar
- Azelf (Psychic)
- Snorlax (Crunch)

Gyarados
- Snorlax (Thunderpunch)

Heatran
- Salamence (Earthquake)
- Suicune (Surf)

Dragonite
- Jirachi (Ice Punch)
- Salamence (Outrage)
- Machamp (Stone Edge)

Aerodactyl
- Azelf (Thunderbolt)
- Jirachi (Ice Punch)
- Suicune (Surf)

Infernape
- Salamence (Earthquake)
- Suicune (Surf)
- Machamp (Dynamicpunch/Stone Edge)

Jolteon
- Salamence (Earthquake)
- Machamp (Dynamicpunch)

Ninjask
- Azelf (Thunderbolt/Psychic)
- Jirachi (Ice Punch/Fire Punch)
- Machamp (Stone Edge)
- Salamence (Fire Blast)

Porygon-z
- Machamp (Dynamicpunch)

Smeargle
- Machamp (Dynamicpunch)

Heracross

Latias

Kingdra

Lucario

Machamp

Magnezone

Mamoswine

Metagross

Salamence

Electivire

Flygon

Togekiss

Weavile

Scizor

Starmie

Tyranitar

Hello!

First off on your snorlax, its really a matter of what you want to counter: t-punch hits gyara and water types hard, but allows electivire to come in and get a boost, but EQ hits fire types and electric types for SE damage.

Next a specially based mix ape runs through your team quite easily when suicune is eliminated. I reccomend that you use a offensive CM latias instead of mence with this spread:

EV's: 4Hp 252Spe 252SpA
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb
Moves:

Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Recover/Grass Knot/Hidden Power[Fire]

Pretty standard set, but the last move choice is up to you, recover lets you heal off damage, grass knots destroys tyranitar's that switch in, and hp fire maims scizor and other steel types.

Good Luck!

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello!

First off on your snorlax, its really a matter of what you want to counter: t-punch hits gyara and water types hard, but allows electivire to come in and get a boost, but EQ hits fire types and electric types for SE damage.

Next a specially based mix ape runs through your team quite easily when suicune is eliminated. I reccomend that you use a offensive CM latias instead of mence with this spread:

Moves:

Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Surf

Pretty standard set, but the last move choice is up to you, recover lets you heal off damage, grass knots destroys tyranitar's that switch in, and hp fire maims scizor and other steel types.

Good Luck!
This is like saying "scizor could easily sweep your team when magnezone is eliminated," And how do you figure? His Azelf doesn't go boom meaning it can come back and physcic. Overall a pretty good team, im tired though and cba to rate, but <3 new england :D (i saw that use of wicked ;o)

Hello!

Moves:

Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Surf

Good Luck!
Yeah I will consider changing Mence to Latias. But, if I do, could I add T-bolt over Surf? Then I could change Thunderpunch to Earthquake on Snorlax which would be helpful.

To tell you the truth, it is a pretty solid team. You have a lot of Stat-boosters which I imagine must be hard to pull off so you might want to consider using a Choice-Spec Latias, because as it has been previously said your team falls weak to Infernape, somewhat at least.

Rain Dance teams will also cause you a lot of trouble (If the opponent is using a faster lead).

Anyway, I apologize for the small rate but yeah, it seems pretty solid. Not great, but not bad by any means at all. Also, with your EQ vs Thunder punch Dilemma I would go T-Punch just because it helps you win out against a lot of Snorlax's common switch-ins

Please rate mine :D

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71657

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would suggest that you use Pursuit on your Snorlax. This will let you trap troublesome scarf Latias and Rotom that might stop Salamence or trick Suicune. The question is where to use it. It could run something like Body Slam/Pursuit/Earthquake/Selfdestruct (sorry, no it can't - see below. Thanks Stath) for pretty good coverage (rememering that non-choice Rotom will probably burn you anyway.)

Since you seem to really want an electric attack on your team, I am guessing that you have some problems with Gyarados. Azelf, even without Explosion, will often find itself dying within a couple of turns. Leads are often designed to KO Azelf, and you are easily trapped by Scarf Tyranitar, not to mention that you are outsped and OHKOed by +1 DD Gyarados anyway. Explosion or U-turn should be used on Azelf. Explosion is obvious, and U-turn is useful for switching out of unfavourable matchups whilst breaking sashes and avoiding blind double switches. For your special attack, Fire Blast should be considered over Psychic for coverage against steel-types.

As for better ways to deal with Gyarados, I think you should consider either putting Thunderpunch on Jirachi, which is a simple fix, or putting HP electric on Cune, changing it to the vicious CM + 3 attacks set. Thunderpunch on Jirachi can be used over either U-turn or Ice punch, given that Iron head does a decent job against dragons anyway. The suicune set is more immediately threatening than your current set, and can even beat a +1 DDmence if you opt for a bulky spread with leftovers. Crocune is too easily beaten by trick and taunt users, as well as Vaporeon, who is conclusively beaten by HP Electric.

I would suggest changing your Machamp a little. Bullet punch is outrageously weak even after a Bulk up, and should not be used outside of the lead position. You should use Payback over it to hit Rotom-A along with other Ghosts and Psychics. I really don't rate Bulk up much either, given that you can hit really hard of the bat and confuse your opponent, why would you set up Bulk Up so you can be KOed or by a special attacker or crippled with a burn. That set really needs paralysis support to sweep. You should use Substitute instead, as this will protect you from status, allowing you to beat Rotom, and will ease prediction. Machamp will find plenty of opportunities to use it given the confusion, and it will be very difficult to break. Don't bother with speed apart from a little to outrun other Machamp; Machamp is too slow to try and outrun much else. Use a simple spread of 248hp 252atk 8spe.

Jirachi should always run max speed to guarantee a speed tie with max speed +1 Mence and Flygon.

Good luck

I agree wholeheartedly with Jc104's changes, except snorlax can't get pursuit/selfdestruct, as they're illegal together =(

I think the concept is still valid, though. You will probably get good use out of a pursuit/explosion/bulletpunch/meteormash metagross @ occa berry in snorlax's spot. this way, you can still pursuit the latiases and rotoms that plague you greatly, without getting locked into things and giving things like salamence and scizor free turns. what I've found metagross to do often is kill whatever latias, rotom, starmie, or other thing it needs to kill, and then the opponent sends out scizor to u-turn. they don't generally expect you to explode on them at that point because I guess scizor is a steel type and resists it or they think you want to keep gross alive, but I've found that by exploding on scizor, you leave him often with less than 10% health left, effectively killing both him and the pursuit-weak mon. For your team, this works wonders because you defeat both the trickers that suicune hates and the scizor that salamence hates and machamp could do without. metagross also allows you to take out pursuit bait pokemon without then being susceptible to getting set up on by dark resists like scizor or lucario, effectively defeating that strategy.

good luck!

Your team really hate Specs Latias. The only poké that can switch in on a Draco Meteor and take another one if Jirachi, and it takes ~50% from the first one.

As the others have suggested, I advise you switch out Snorlax for a Metagross.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4HP / 252Atk / 208SpDef / 44Spe
Moves:
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Explosion
- Earthquake / Thunderpunch / Ice Punch

This metagross takes anything Latias gives you, and nets a surprise OHKO with Pursuit.

MixApe really does run through your team. [Most run Hidden Power [Ice] to deal with Salamence]. Putting a Scarf Latias will help you very much in countering any form of ape [-Banded U-Turn] and also helps you with your DD Gyara / Mence weakness.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4HP / 252SpAtk / 252Spe
Moves:
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick

Trick will help you against stall teams, giving Blissey / Foretress / Skarmory / ResTalkers an item they do not wish to have. The bane of Latias' existence is tyranitar, but after a Crunch / Pursuit, Suicune or Machamp can come in and set up.

~ Hope I helped ~

Wow, thanks for the rates guys!

Anyways, Pursuit on Snorlax would really be awesome, I don't get why it is illegal, may I ask why??

I will keep Snorlax since he rocks, but I will think about changing him to Metagross.

Scarf Latias over Mence I will definitely do since it has a very good fit in my team and to handle MixApe :]

Now that I have an Electric attack, I will change Thunderpunch to Earthquake on Snorlax and Thunderbolt to Explosion on Azelf also meaning I have to change Azelf's nature to Naive.

putsuit is illegal on snorlax becaue it is a 4th gen egg move and self destruct can only be obtained from pokemon XD, a 3rd gen game, meaning you can't breed it in 4th gen. therefore, you cant have pursuit and selfdestruct on the same snorlax

I would add Salamence and Snorlax Earthquake to the Weakness section for Bronzong, because not all Bronzongs use Levitate these days. And I don't care if your Dragon Dance Salamence isn't a Mixed Salamence, it's still mixed. I don't understand why every Dragon Dancer and it's mother uses Fire Blast now, it's obviously extremely easy to predict and avoid still.

Oh and you can get Selfdestruct Snorlax from the Pokéwalker in HeartGold or SoulSilver on the Winner's Path

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Salamence: As was said, change to latias. You can't really hit from the special side of the spectrum as well with mix mence. HOWEVER, if you would rather have more of a late game sweeper, I would say keep mence and change Outrage to Dragon Claw.

Jirachi: If you want to hurt annoyers, trick is probably more effective than u-turn

Overall good team, I hope that I helped.

In ''Team at a glance, you have a Latias picture while you have a Salamence on the team. Just thought I'd let you know ;)

On an offensive team like this one, Cro-Cune doesn't seems like the best choice as it slows down your team's offensive momentum. Bulky Water types, DD Gyarados and Infernape seems to be an issue as well. In order to remedy these weaknesses while keeping it offensive, I would reccomend using an offensive CM Suicune. Go for: Surf | Ice Beam | HP Electric | Calm Mind with Leftovers and an EV Spread of: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe. This change will also grant you an extra Salamence check should Jirachi loose the Speed tie against Salamence after a Dragon Dance.

Also, Scizor seems like a dangerous threat to your team with your only Bug resist being Salamence. Salamence looses 25 % of it's HP everytime it switches in. With Life Orb as an item, and fragile defenses; Salamence cannot switch-into a CB U-Turn as it takes big amount of damage and is worn down quickly. Scizor is also an annoyance to three of your Pokemons, with Azelf being Pursuit weak, Salamence succeptible to Bullet Punch and Snorlax being taken care of with Superpower. Also, I can see opposing Machamp troubling this team as well since your only Fighting resist is Salamence, and it is simply unabel to take it on. Your lack of Electric resist is an issue as well, as Snorlax is unable to take repeated Choice Specs Thunderbolts from Jolteon. I would reccomend leading with Machamp which is a very effective anti-lead at the moment, and replacing Azelf with Rotom-H. Rotom-H is arguably the best Scizor counter, a solid Machamp check, has that Electric resist and provides extra insurance against Gyarados. Here are the two sets:

Rotom-H @ Leftovers | Levitate
Bold | 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Substitute | Will-o-Wisp | Thunderbolt | Shadow Ball / Pain Split

Machamp @ Lum Berry | No Guard
Adamant | 240 HP /244 Atk / 16 SpDef / 8 Spe
Dynamic Punch | Payback | Bullet Punch | Ice Punch

The EVs allows Machamp to survive a Naive Azelf Psychic. In case you don't know how Lead Machamp works against other leads, just ask.As for Rotom-H, the moveset is standard, except for Substitute which allows you to burn Scarf Tyranitar with Will-o-Wisp when behind a Substitute and switch-out taking a lot less damage.

Unless the 80 HP EVs on Jirachi allow you to survive anything significant, just max out attacks and use 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe to maximize Jirachi's attacking power.

Good Luck

Haha, chill. I am busy so I couldn't edit. Latias IS part of the team.

Nice Suicune set, totally changing it to that.

I will think about the rest of the changes, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)