The Art of Lorak's Oasis

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I love this one, its a mix of creativity and awesome art. gj :)
Thanks. I still can't help but look at the eye and think "Dragonball", but that's just me. I wanted to try and combine the Dusk line's eye with Registeel's eye pattern for it.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Okay,
I have a stupid request, but I think it would be increadable if done correctly.

Can you please draw a mantyke in a Black leather jacket with cool shades on, smoking a cigarette, and holding a smoking gun in his hand (fin, whatever).

That would just be the most insanely funny thing I would ever see.
1. Too lazy.
2. Sick ATM.
3. Stink at weaponry.
4. Can't picture a proportional way for its arms to go through the sleeves. I can only imaginer its antenna sticking out of them. :(
5. I originally labeled 4 as "2". Again, see the real 2.

Sorry.

Lorak wow, huge props on your artwork, its amazing! I also love how it features your best bred Pokemon, that's really cool.

Could I maybe request a Magmortar? Just a normal one, normal pose kind of like your Regice, which is the one I like the most.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Lorak wow, huge props on your artwork, its amazing! I also love how it features your best bred Pokemon, that's really cool.
Well, it is stuff I intend to pimp my trade shop with, when I get to it. xD

Could I maybe request a Magmortar? Just a normal one, normal pose kind of like your Regice, which is the one I like the most.
Mmm... probably. I'm going to need some time to work it out. That, and I'm still recovering from sickness.

*shits*
nice man. the only thing is his face... its hidden in a weird position..
it isnt your best, but it is pretty good.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Eh... yeah. I was trying to hide part of his face behind his shoulder... didn't come out well.

Lookin' good, bro. You're really fast with turning out the art on request too which is impressive.

IF you feel so inclined I'd love to see a chatot or pachirisu. Unlikely couple, I know. :P

What size do you create these images at? I'm assuming you shrink them down to what size they are too? Additionally, do you increase your dpi?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Lookin' good, bro. You're really fast with turning out the art on request too which is impressive.

IF you feel so inclined I'd love to see a chatot or pachirisu. Unlikely couple, I know. :P

What size do you create these images at? I'm assuming you shrink them down to what size they are too? Additionally, do you increase your dpi?
I tend to make them anywhere from 350-400 px in height, actually. I shrink it down from that to fit in a 300x300 for the large, and 100x100 for the av-sized. I keep them at 72 dpi, but could always increase them, if need be. As always, they tend to look better when you can see less details (i.e. flaws :x).

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm sorry, but has anyone read this book?

I can't find any pictures of the pages, but as soon as I saw that picture it reminded me of this book (which I haven't read since I was like 5 years old).
Yay, nostalgia! Yeah, the small bead-like eyes do evoke the feel of a plush, which could understandable bring about that memory. :toast:

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Is there any way you can draw trainers if i gave you a description of what i want?
Prooooooooobably not. My stylized people don't end up looking too well. >.>

On a side note, more art in preparation of the end of my (very short, very successful) Omanyte project!

Which means... new group shot rearrangement!

Just so you know, I wasn't being mean in my first post (about the Paaper Bag Princess), I just read over it and it seems like I was trying to say something about your art or something, but I wasn't, my mind honestly drew a connection there lol. You are a great artist, I especially love the Registeel holding a Reaper Cloth?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Just so you know, I wasn't being mean in my first post (about the Paaper Bag Princess), I just read over it and it seems like I was trying to say something about your art or something, but I wasn't, my mind honestly drew a connection there lol. You are a great artist, I especially love the Registeel holding a Reaper Cloth?
Nah, I didn't interpret it as such. I'm just honestly glad to have my art spark memories, and thank you for your compliments.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
@ Kenshin: Might not be able to... a possibly epic art project might be in my future, cutting down my side art free time...

Now that I finished breeding my Rapid Spinning, Screeching Kabuto... got lazy, mimicked the traditional pose.

And a random Koffing.

I loooooove your art style. It just seems so epic but simple at the same time.

I would also LOOOOOVE it if you did a munchlax... but dont feel obligated if you have a big project coming up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)