The CAP Kitchen: Non-Competitive Discussion Goes Here

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I kinda like the idea of Floatoy living on beaches and near the ocean too. I could see it at home on the Mirage Islands as well as Route 115 and Lilycove City.

So I've been making size charts for Pokemon on my DeviantArt account and though I could do one for CaP.

I tried the best I could to measure them out using the "official" artwork. Some guys like Syclant, Fidgit, and Volkraken I had to make guesses on how big they would be due to their unorthodox poses. And unlike my other Pokemon size charts, I can actually ask where you are supposed to measure to. So if anyone out there can correct me on how to measure these guys (preferably those who made the art or decided on the heights) than I will update it.

Link to the DeviantArt page with more detailed description [link]

Hey, first time posting on the CAP forum - and I hope to throw my figurative hat into the ring as well for CAP 21! I've been seeing some pretty neat designs all around, especially for an unused type combo :)

ShyGuy1221: Daaaaaamn, that's a nice chart! It's a pretty neat way of seeing how big all the CAPs are compared to a person. Though TBH I was a bit surprised to see that Naviathan was so tiny compared to what I expected; I thought he'd be big enough to support a small group of people, probably bus-sized or so (maybe length-wise he is, IDK).

Also, I want to ride a Cawmodore. Giant steel frigate birb is best birb.

I feel I should probably mention where I measure all of the CaPs so people can correct me if I am wrong.

Krilowatt is to the highest point on its back, so if I'm supposed to measure to the antennae, it will be a bit smaller.
Mollux is to the top of his shell.
Kitsunoh is to the shoulder.
Syclant is measured at first using his gen V sprite, as it has a more neutral pose, up to the top of his crest. Then the artwork was scaled to be approximately the same size.
Fidgit, similar to Syclant, is measure with the gen V sprite to his head (not ears), and the art was scaled appropriately.
Stratagem is from the bottom of its leg hook things, to the top of its crest. It will be significantly larger if I'm supposed to measure the central body only.
Malaconda is from nose to tip of apple.
Tomohawk is from his toes to the top of his hood. If he stands flat footed, he will be significantly larger.
Cyclohm is to the top of its back cloud. It will be smaller if it is supposed to be to the top of his head in his various sprite poses.
Revenankh is from the bottom of his bandages to the top of his head (not at an angle).
Cawmodore is to the top of his hat.
Necturna is from the bottom of her "dress" to the top of her head. The vine was not included.
Arghonaut is to the top of his head, but not the tips of the fin hat thing.
Volkraken is almost exclusively just the head. The tentacles were hardly included, and if they are supposed to be, it will be significantly smaller.
Voodoom is to the top of his head, not the needles.
Pyroak is to the top of his head.
Aurumoth is from the bottom of the abdomen to the top of the antennae. Would be quite a bit smaller if I'm supposed to include the wings, or much larger if the antennae are supposed to be ignored.
Colossoil is from the bottom of his dirt mound (I decided it starts at the bottom of the screen) to the top of his head. The horn is not factored in.
Plasmanta is from nose to tip of tail.
Naviathan is to the top of his head, but not the crest.

Edit: If anyone wants me to compare the sizes of certain CaPs to specific Pokemon, like Plasmanta, Gyarados, and Mantine, or Cawmodore to other bird Pokemon I will gladly do so.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm gonna address the elephant in the room: we made Plasmanta way too big. 23 feet?! What the what?!

Last edited:
I'd like to see CAP22 have either a single typing or a strange typing, like Ghost/Fairy
I suppose posts like these are fine in this thread, so I feel free to add that more monotyped CAPs would be nice given that among all 21 CAPs so far, only one is of a single type (Stratagem). Then again, CAP rarely refers to old projects during their design phase, so an uneven distribution is to be expected.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Ghost/Fairy is a powerful offensive type combination: it has neutral coverage against all types barring Fire/Normal. Defensively, it boasts just a 4x Bug Resistance and 3 immunities: Normal, Fighting, and Dragon. It takes resisted damage from Lopunny's HJK. Its weaknesses include Ghost and Steel, which are common types. This would be an interesting path to go down, as I could see a special attacker with Shadow Ball and Moonblast or Pixilate Hyper Voice that rips through teams...or use Parting Shot; I love that concept!

The other typing I think would be cool is Fighting/Ice, which would sport a large bunch of weaknesses: Fairy, Psychic, Flying, Fighting, Fire, and Steel. No immunities. Defensively, it would resist Ice, Bug, and Dark. So, typing is horrible, but it would have a large amount of different coverage moves and check many mons. I see a big weakness to Megacham for example. I could see it with Technician and a Double Kick/Ice Shard/Power-Up-Punch/Payback (Bite) or something.

I'd like to see CAP22 have either a single typing or a strange typing, like Ghost/Fairy
To be fair, the vast majority of mons CAP designs have bizarre typings. Ghost/Fighting, Electric/Poison, Fire/Grass, etc.

Heck, even for the current CAP, as unbearably awful as Rock/Poison is as a typing, I think we've worked pretty nicely with the wonkiness of the typing to fish something playable out of it. Honestly, I'm excited for the playtest already.

Where would you put the Crucibellite in the games? For XY, I'd have it in Route 13 by one of the locked buildings, and for ORAS I'd have it in Route 111, in the desert area near the Secret Bases that require the Mach Bike.

Those locations seem to work. As for the actual CAP (or potential Prevos), I would suggest that it be available in ORAS onwards only. As such, Granite Cave could work for the actual Pokémon's location. Just make sure it's really rare, and you're good to go.

The "ORAS and onward" case would also apply to Floatoy and Caimanoe's wild locations, right? If so, surfing on Route 125 makes sense, as one would expect that they'd live in cold waters.

I feel like Crucibelle would fit in in that random old abandoned ruins in pokemon X and Y-the one where you can find bane the and ghost pokemon in the bins. I feel as if you would have to literally find it in a jar. This leads me to believe Crucibelle would work well in pokemon Emerald, since I remember there being jar ornaments around houses/the soot collector.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In Unova, I think Crucibelle would be down in Relic Castle, Desert Resort. All the sand is perfect for the Rock typing, and the vases there are consistent with Belle's jar:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Crucibelle for me.... it'd have to be the Lost Hotel in Kalos, and I think Mt. Pyre for Hoenn? I must admit, if I had any say in the matter Relic Castle would be infinitely more appropriate, but I can't see BW remakes being a thing any time soon.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Crucibelle wouldn't be in Unova since you can't access Unova in Gen VI
Well, we gave her a set of BW sprites, which implies she was originally created in BW. We don't quibble over these things here in the Kitchen, as it is all flavor musings anyway!

And her pot would really be PERFECT in the Relic Castle!

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Well, we gave her a set of BW sprites, which implies she was originally created in BW. We don't quibble over these things here in the Kitchen, as it is all flavor musings anyway!

I disagree. I think the Dreamyard would fit her much better

I actually agree with this. Lost hotel would also be an awesome place to find it.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
How would the CAP pokemon be in spin-off games? Recently I drew up a sprite for Kitsunoh and Mollux in my Art thread but I have been wondering how would they look like in Mystery Dungeon or Rumble?

Also another thing that could be discussed is where the megastone for curcibelle could be. In OR/AS I think a great place to put it would be in Route 111 in the desert. Just a thought

SlaySlenderDragonXD said:
Also another thing that could be discussed is where the megastone for curcibelle could be. In OR/AS I think a great place to put it would be in Route 111 in the desert. Just a thought
This, or also I could see it being somewhere in Route 113. With the ceramic guy's house there, and the general ash/rock type theme-ing, I think it could work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)