The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Also for what it's worth, even Brady the bitch thinks the hit was clean:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...l-on-fletchers-hit?module=HP11_content_stream

So yes, overall it was a horrible call.
Because if someone hits a kicker after he punts it with a clean hit that doesn't injure his leg, it's clearly not an illegal hit. Or if a Defensive End hits a QB cleanly who is standing still after handing the ball off, it's a legal play.

So yes, overall you don't know what you're talking about.

Not to mention that Brady only made the comment because the media is riled up over it (Just like how his PR group made him say he meant for fans to drink a lot of water earlier in the season). His opinion about the cleanliness of the hit bears no weight on it's illegality. Or are you going to say that whatever Brady says is law?

I'm not going to comment anymore on this since the conversation has moved on.

^ /eyeroll

Wonder how long it'll be till they start showering Lynch with more skittles after someone threw a bag of them at him last night...it'd be a funny tradition to start up.

No one agrees with you so the conversation should move on. You are not going to convince anyone because the argument that it should be a penalty if a quarterback reacts to a tackle by sliding is silly as fuck. Even if babying rules for quarterback exist, they only exist for the NFL to protect its product. The rule will never make sense and for you to go nuts about what the exact rules should or should not be is completely irrelevant as such - they should not be like this at all. Anyone who has paid attention to the change of rules know this. A few rules have bee changed for the safety of all players, but rules for quarterbacks are usually just because the league wants to protect its top assets, fuck the rest of them.

TheValkyries

No one agrees with you so the conversation should move on. You are not going to convince anyone because the argument that it should be a penalty if a quarterback reacts to a tackle by sliding is silly as fuck. Even if babying rules for quarterback exist, they only exist for the NFL to protect its product. The rule will never make sense and for you to go nuts about what the exact rules should or should not be is completely irrelevant as such - they should not be like this at all. Anyone who has paid attention to the change of rules know this. A few rules have bee changed for the safety of all players, but rules for quarterbacks are usually just because the league wants to protect its top assets, fuck the rest of them.
Your ability to skim and not understand knows no bounds.

I'll sum this up:

1) This argument is not about what the rules should be, it's about what they are. Everyone has complained that it was a bad call, when in reality a call was warranted in that situation. Whether it should have been or not is an entirely different discussion.

2) The rule does not concern ONLY QB's but concerns ALL runners. It is not in any way designed exclusively for QB's and the argument that it is holds no water whatsoever.

3) The rule says if you hit a player while they're sliding, it's a 15 yard personal foul. This literally cannot be debated, and yet it has been for nigh on 3 pages!

still too long; didn't read: People try to say that because they simply don't like a call that it was a bad call that shouldn't have been made. Hey, I don't like 80% of Pass Interference calls, but I don't argue that they're bad calls, I argue that the rule should be changed. Apparently that isn't common practice here.

P.S.: Only for you CK, would I post again.

You just literally ignored exactly what I explained while calling out my understanding. The problem is not what the rules are. The initial ruling is already fake (a bogus rule that exists to protect the top product - just quarterbacks), and the actual discussion directly at hand is if we are really going to take the fake rule even a step further and make it so that players are even more unable to actually play the game that they are involved in.

I do not know when the last time I saw a player who was not a quarterback slide on a play was. I think I might have seen it one time ever? A good conversational standby is to attack someone else's points as shallow and then post one that is ten times more shallow, good job doing that.

The rule is about hitting a player who is actually in the slide; Brady engaged in the slide too late and was not actually in the slide as such at the time that he was hit. At least 95% of people agree on this no matter how much you want to insult us, including a lot of the people involved in the NFL.

The reason why people are taking Brady's reaction as mattering is because he is one of the people who helped cause the fake baby handling rules for quarterbacks to become as silly as they are, and even he is claiming to be in the 95% who find it common sense laughable. His motive might be suspect, it might not be - we cannot be in his mind so we certainly cannot know. The reason he spoke out was probably because of the furor, but we cannot actually negate his claim over possibly suspect motivation (if anything it is more likely that he really believes it, say 70% v 30%).

TheValkyries

You just literally ignored exactly what I explained while calling out my understanding. The problem is not what the rules are. The initial ruling is already fake (a bogus rule that exists to protect the top product - just quarterbacks), and the actual discussion directly at hand is if we are really going to take the fake rule even a step further and make it so that players are even more unable to actually play the game that they are involved in.

I do not know when the last time I saw a player who was not a quarterback slide on a play was. I think I might have seen it one time ever? A good conversational standby is to attack someone else's points as shallow and then post one that is ten times more shallow, good job doing that.

The rule is about hitting a player who is actually in the slide; Brady engaged in the slide too late and was not actually in the slide as such at the time that he was hit. At least 95% of people agree on this no matter how much you want to insult us, including a lot of the people involved in the NFL.

The reason why people are taking Brady's reaction as mattering is because he is one of the people who helped cause the fake baby handling rules for quarterbacks to become as silly as they are, and even he is claiming to be in the 95% who find it common sense laughable. His motive might be suspect, it might not be - we cannot be in his mind so we certainly cannot know. The reason he spoke out was probably because of the furor, but we cannot actually negate his claim over possibly suspect motivation (if anything it is more likely that he really believes it, say 70% v 30%).
How does this rule stop players from playing the game in any possible way? It doesn't! People just don't like the fact that Fletcher got burned for a clean hit in an illegal situation! If he didn't fling himself trying to knock Brady out, and broke down and tackled like he should've, he would've been able to control himself and not hit Brady during the process of the slide, and this would not be a god damn issue. However, he did fling himself like a moron, and he cost his team a penalty.

Really? You've only seen QB's slide? Kicker's slide every time they run the ball, a rarity I know, but I've seen enough trick or collapsed plays to see them do it. Defensive players do it all the fucking time after an interception at the end of the game since it's better to be down than lose possession on a runback fumble. Just because you don't remember them doesn't mean they aren't there. The rule is made for any player to declare himself down, for whatever reason, not to specifically protect QB's.

Brady engaged in the slide too late? There is no fucking time frame for a slide to begin. A player starts a slide or he doesn't. He can't be hit during the process of that slide. If he was hit AFTER the slide was complete, then it's just a late hit penalty on a downed player, and there'd be no need for this rule to exist. The fact that it does means that it applies to when they are actively trying to slide, not when the slide is complete.

I have not once defended whether or not the rules should exist as they stand, I have only defended the fact that a call was necessary in that situation. If you want to complain about the rule, DO SO! But a penalty was merited in that situation with these rules, and no amount of complaining or arguing about how or when one player can start a slide will change that!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fletcher.

Did.

Not.

Fling.

Himself.

Brady was completely upright when Fletcher entered his tackling motion, Brady went into his slide late (even the announcers noticed). Look man, I played a year at the CB position, and I can tell you it's far more difficult to alter your trajectory at real-time speed than you seem to think. Fletcher did not have time to "control himself and not hit Brady". He followed all the rules and hit the QB in the chest, with his shoulder.

The only thing I can think of Fletcher doing wrong is not realizing that he was about to hit the biggest pussy in football, so he should have KNOWN Brady would slide. *shrug*

I still can't believe you're arguing this so vehemently, unless you're just trolling.

TheValkyries

Fletcher.

Did.

Not.

Fling.

Himself.

Brady was completely upright when Fletcher entered his tackling motion, Brady went into his slide late (even the announcers noticed). Look man, I played a year at the CB position, and I can tell you it's far more difficult to alter your trajectory at real-time speed than you seem to think. Fletcher did not have time to "control himself and not hit Brady". He followed all the rules and hit the QB in the chest, with his shoulder.

The only thing I can think of Fletcher doing wrong is not realizing that he was about to hit the biggest pussy in football, so he should have KNOWN Brady would slide. *shrug*

I still can't believe you're arguing this so vehemently, unless you're just trolling.

Holy shit, what is your fucking point here?

Fletcher had no control over his trajectory, which meant he had to hit Brady while he was sliding. Is your point that you HAVE to lose control of your body to tackle someone? If it is you're an idiot and aren't worth arguing with. Fletcher's torso was fully horizontal to the ground TWO STEPS before he hit Brady. He didn't attempt to get any base under him (like you're supposed to), nor did he attempt to wrap Brady up and drive through him (like you're supposed to). He attempted to lead with his forearm and hit Brady square in the stomach going full-tilt, for a high-impact play. If he didn't chose to do that, WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION. The lack of control of trajectory does not stop this from being a penalty.

Further, there is no time frame for a QB to start a slide (what is this, the fifth, maybe sixth time I've said this?). It doesn't matter how many people say it, they are all still wrong. You cannot be hit in the process of a slide or else you get 15 yards for unnecessary roughness. THIS. CANNOT. BE. ARGUED.

What you're trying to say is what the moron announcers said, "Brady's not on the ground, so it's not a penalty." Problem is, if you slide and are on the ground, you're already down at that spot, and any person who hits you there would get a late hit penalty, not a penalty for hitting a sliding player.

I argue so vehemently because you, like ther others, just don't get it. It doesn't matter how Fletcher hit him, it's still a penalty. It doesn't matter when Brady starts the slide it's still a penalty. It doesn't matter who the player sliding is, or what position they play, or even who hit them, IT'S STILL A PENALTY. Yet everyone here continues to try and say it's NOT a penalty. So I'll keep outlining why they're wrong.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TheValkyries, it's hopeless, these people don't actually know the rules, they just look at their fantasy football stat sheets and use it to formulate their opinions on everything. They only don't think it's a penalty because it's Brady and the consensus among non-NE fans is that he should be hit harder to make up for perceived undeserved penalties he's gotten in the past. A late hit is a late hit no matter how hard it is or how close it was to being on time. Vince Wilfork got a similar penalty in the same game for tackling a Redskins player that was already on the ground, so you guys can't even say that game was called inconsistently.

The Harrison suspension was too lenient IMO, he should be out for at least as long as Colt McCoy is out. This is the fifth time he's done this in the last 3 years, and the third Browns player he's knocked out in their last two games against them. He clearly doesn't give a shit about the rules and is going to continue headhunting until the NFL does something about it. It's gotten past the point of "football is a fast paced sport!" and into the realm of "he's doing it on purpose". If football is so conducive to these plays, why is Harrison the only person who is even close to 5 fined hits? Are you telling me that he is so much faster than every other defensive player that he can't be expected to control his own body? Good move by the NFL in actually suspending him, though. I wasn't expecting that.

And changing the topic to something happier...Patriots @ Broncos...who you got?

eat crow and learn the rules. this is exactly what i and others have said. the "flinging" or "lunging" is irrelevant; he had committed himself and therefore could not reasonably be expected to not hit the runner because he started the slide AFTER fletcher had squared himself up for the tackle attempt.

and now it is fairly obvious that either

1. referees couldn't see what happened and somehow got the idea that fletcher drove his forearm into brady's helmet

2. they made something up to justify the flag, which is awful and evidence that brady is indeed coddled

i'll leave it at that

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thank you steeler, all i got out of that argument is that TheValkyries never played the game of football and doesn't understand that when you are making tackles you don't pull up mid tackle because the QB starts sliding. Unfortunately defenders cant see themselves from the third person in slow-motion while they are making plays to win a game.

And changing the topic to something happier...Patriots @ Broncos...who you got?
If the Patriot's enter the fourth quarter up by 30 points, I can see them winning.

Seriously (don't get me wrong, I'm a Patriots fan) the fourth quarter in the past two weeks have been far from stellar. If the Patriots only have a TD over Tebow in the fourth quarter, I'll be excited to watch Tebow just rape everyone.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Thank you steeler, all i got out of that argument is that TheValkyries never played the game of football and doesn't understand that when you are making tackles you don't pull up mid tackle because the QB starts sliding. Unfortunately defenders cant see themselves from the third person in slow-motion while they are making plays to win a game.
Fuck that. Those defenders are required to defy the laws of physics and change their trajectory before hitting that sliding quarterback.

TheValkyries, shut the everloving FUCK up. You obviously don't know a fucking thing about the rules of football and would rather parrot your painful home bias to protect your precious Tom Brady. Oh, wait, remember that post a while ago from Shinryu that you ignored? The one where TOM FUCKING BRADY HIMSELF SAID THE HIT WAS CLEAN? You're like that pathetic guy at a bar who stands up for a girl to try to win her over when she blatantly doesn't want or need your help. And Mike Pereira also said the call was wrong. You know Mike Pereira, right? The former HEAD OF FUCKING OFFICIATING FOR THE LEAGUE? But what does he know, you're obviously more versed in the NFL rulebook than he is. Shut your fucking gob, you worthless shitsack.

Sure, quarterbacks are allowed to slide. So are all runners. That doesn't mean I have to respect them when they do it. When my QB isn't playing catch with the other team, this is how he scrambles:

http://youtu.be/HHSq8C7RLh4

Yeah, he just took on David Fucking Harris AND WON. And Fitz does that REGULARLY. So please, take your mouth off Pat Patriot's cock and come back to reality.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fletcher's torso was fully horizontal to the ground TWO STEPS before he hit Brady.
Do you have any fucking idea how fast two steps is when you're running at full speed? Also, let me explain some things about tackling to you.

Proper tackling does not ALWAYS involve "wrapping up". If you are square with a runner and charge him trying to "wrap him up", all you're going to do is keep him upright and increase the chances of him escaping or just bouncing off you completely. Wrapping up is a much more effective technique when making a lateral cut-off, when the runner is trying to flank you to the edge. The objective of the driving, follow through hit that Fletcher was using is to take the runner's legs completely out from under him, thus causing him to fall immediately to the ground and potentially jar the ball loose. You're assuming Fletcher intended to hit Brady in his chest, when in fact he was aiming for where the midsection (and more importantly, the BALL) would normally be if the runner was upright and in forward motion. He wasn't aiming to tackle the ballcarrier as if he was going to slide, he was aiming to tackle a ballcarrier he assumed would NOT slide, as all defenders are taught (don't fuck with me on this, I was taught this by all of my coaches from pee wees on up through high school). Fletcher was going full speed, and had already begun his tackling motion when Brady began his slide. The REASON the refs threw the flag was NOT because the hit itself was illegal, it was because it APPEARED to be vicious and illegal when it happened in real time speed. Had the referees examined the replay, they would have seen that the hit was legal and not late due to Brady's late slide, and would have withdrawn the flag. Since they don't have the power to do that, they were forced to stand by their decision because they had no other choice.

TheValkyries

eat crow and learn the rules. this is exactly what i and others have said. the "flinging" or "lunging" is irrelevant; he had committed himself and therefore could not reasonably be expected to not hit the runner because he started the slide AFTER fletcher had squared himself up for the tackle attempt.

and now it is fairly obvious that either

1. referees couldn't see what happened and somehow got the idea that fletcher drove his forearm into brady's helmet

2. they made something up to justify the flag, which is awful and evidence that brady is indeed coddled

i'll leave it at that

Wow, I honestly have to stand corrected. I was completely wrong about what the rule was.

I'd point at that Brady started the slide 4 yards away from Fletcher, but Fletcher already wasn't going to stop himself at that point, so it's a moot point.

@Waterbomb:

He hit Brady where Brady's thighs would've been had he not slid, and it also appears he adjusted his aim to make sure he hit Brady square. Not saying he could've avoided contact completely, but he could've made an attempt. That being said, I'm still wrong, and it's not a penalty, but I'm not going to pretend that London Fletcher was a goody two-shoes and didn't try anything underhanded on that play.

As for the rest of the ad hominem arguments. Only person here who went out and proved anything was Steeler. He gets my respect. The rest of you got vindicated since none of you were able to do anything beyond whine and bitch, and not back anything you said up. I especially loved all the arguments about how I've never played football, or telling me how hard it is to change your trajectory.

P.S. DM: I know it must suck, being a Bills fan and all, but that was truly pathetic. I honestly feel pity for you after reading that.

i have an interesting point of contention to bring up. according to how it is worded... the ball is spotted where the carrier hits the ground. but unless someone is already about to tackle them... hitting them is a penalty. so basically the carrier is allowed to advance the ball while they are sliding but they can't normally be hit. which is bullshit. either ball needs to be spotted where they initiate the slide, or they should be able to get hit until they are on the ground. probably the former.

Patriots fans not knowing the rules and supporting special treatment for quarterbacks?!?!?! Now I've seen everything...

I do like that Patriots fans around the net are being fairly quiet this week. The Denver Tebows have that fear aura. Only Packers fans have the confidence to say that they'll beat them. (Sucks that they played them early in the season.)

TheValkyries, it's hopeless, these people don't actually know the rules, they just look at their fantasy football stat sheets and use it to formulate their opinions on everything. They only don't think it's a penalty because it's Brady and the consensus among non-NE fans
Do you want to make wild allegations and fanboy a little harder? I was watching the fucking play in progress as it happened on NFL Red Zone, so you can tone down the motherfucking arrogance. I was arguing on the philosophy of it all because I do not care about the specific ruling (quarterbacks should not be babied to this extent). While some people might be as simple minded as you are accusing all of us being, plenty of us like great football. I personally like Tom Brady as a football player, just not as a human being of course (including things like whining for penalties). The fact you intertwine this with bringing up fantasy is illogical and adverse to your own fucking point though - plenty of people here probably have Brady on fantasy teams (I have him on 4/10) and want him to do well, not be hurt and end up out of any games. Anyway, as it turns out the letter of the law is on my side, but I still find it irrelevant...the philosophy IS what is important here, and you should understand even more why people are upset by Brady getting a fake call in his favor (forearm, never happened) when he has been such a whiner to referees / coddled by referees for his whining. Of course it matters to people that it is Brady specifically, given the circumstances, and no I did not need the media to tell me he whines to referees, I watch a lot of football.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
P.S. DM: I know it must suck, being a Bills fan and all, but that was truly pathetic. I honestly feel pity for you after reading that.
Really? That's it? I tear you and your bullshit arguments apart, and that's all you've got for me? A tired "lol Bills" straw man and a weakass ad hominem? You need to go back to internet troll school, you've lost your touch.

The rest of you got vindicated since none of you were able to do anything beyond whine and bitch, and not back anything you said up.
implying you ever backed up a single thing you said

the rest of this post will be my favorite parts of your posts

Also, there is none of this bullshit where a runner can start a slide too late. There is no time frame for when one can slide or not. This is all misinformation because people want something to complain about because they either don't like Brady or don't like rules that protect players from hits or both. This is idiotic bile and people legitimately just don't understand football if they think it was a clean hit, and a bad penalty call.
Triplette called forearm to the head, which didn't happen at all. So apparently, the list of people who understand Football is just me. I'm willing to accept this, because despite all the complaining, I know the rule, and I know I'm right.
I'm not going to comment anymore on this since the conversation has moved on.
Further, there is no time frame for a QB to start a slide (what is this, the fifth, maybe sixth time I've said this?). It doesn't matter how many people say it, they are all still wrong. You cannot be hit in the process of a slide or else you get 15 yards for unnecessary roughness. THIS. CANNOT. BE. ARGUED.

also thanking Steeler for digging up the actual rulebook, which shouldn't really have been necessary because user Valkyries clearly knows the rules

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
As for the rest of the ad hominem arguments. Only person here who went out and proved anything was Steeler. He gets my respect. The rest of you got vindicated since none of you were able to do anything beyond whine and bitch, and not back anything you said up. I especially loved all the arguments about how I've never played football, or telling me how hard it is to change your trajectory.
Wait wait wait wait...

Wait wait wait...

Not back anything of what I said up? How about backing up my argument with my 25 years of experience as an athlete and football player? Did you seriously miss that completely?

As for the rest, I'm fine with it. You realized you were incorrect on the rule, and I'm going to ignore the fact that you subtly hinted London Fletcher did something underhanded, because I know (as a fan of my own team) that it's just bias talking. I do a little of the same when I defend the Steelers so I can't argue it.

Can we move on now? It's retarded this has gone on for so long...

TheValkyries

Really? That's it? I tear you and your bullshit arguments apart, and that's all you've got for me? A tired "lol Bills" straw man and a weakass ad hominem? You need to go back to internet troll school, you've lost your touch.
You didn't tear anything up, you just repeatedly accused me of sucking some variant on the words Patriot's and Dick. You brought nothing new to the table, claiming I had ignored Shinryu's post when I had directly responded to it. You rant on under the impression that I actually gave a fuck about the fact that this was about a hit on Brady (Pro tip: any other QB and I would've been saying the same shit). Then you went on to praise how well your QB (1-6 since his big contract renewal) plays.

I'm not even going to lie, I didn't even read the bit about Mike Pereira the first time, because it was wrapped in such grade A fanboy haterade that I skimmed right past it.

Honestly, I'm not kidding, I felt ashamed for you, that rant was so bad.

implying you ever backed up a single thing you said.
Fair enough.

Wait wait wait wait...

Wait wait wait...

Not back anything of what I said up? How about backing up my argument with my 25 years of experience as an athlete and football player? Did you seriously miss that completely?
I targeted you in the response before I mention what you quoted, as you were actually being reasonable about what you said and tried to explain your points, rather than just stating opinions and nothing more.

i have an interesting point of contention to bring up. according to how it is worded... the ball is spotted where the carrier hits the ground. but unless someone is already about to tackle them... hitting them is a penalty. so basically the carrier is allowed to advance the ball while they are sliding but they can't normally be hit. which is bullshit. either ball needs to be spotted where they initiate the slide, or they should be able to get hit until they are on the ground. probably the former.
Exactly! I mentioned this on the other page, but understandably it got a little lost :x

I have one more question to ask, though. When a runner slides, where do the officials mark the ball? According to the rules, they mark the ball at the spot where the player "gives himself up;" this is always the spot where they make contact with the ground on their slide, NOT at the initiation of the slide! How can they mark the ball at that point, yet penalize anyone who hits the runner before they reach the ground on their slide? Seems like that would be a double standard! If they don't consider the ball to be downed until the player reaches the ground on his slide, then clearly they must think he hasn't given himself up yet, so clearly any hit on him is legal in that regard (not counting helmet-to-helmet etc.)
The ball really should be spotted where they initiate the slide, as that's when the runner gives himself up. In reality, they always spot it when the runner reaches the ground on his slide. It's not that serious of a misunderstanding of the rules until it changes a 4th and 1/2 to a 1st and 10, but it's something that probably should be addressed that never will be.

I want an honest answer out of this: How many of you legitimately believe that the Denver Tebows have a good chance of winning on Sunday? You can play one good quarter a game and beat teams like the Bears (Forte/Cutlerless anyway), Chargers, and Vikings, but against an elite team like the Patriots? The current line is Pats -6.5, which I feel isn't enough (though they usually only ever go above one possession if it's a shitty team against an elite team). Tebow may be great in the fourth quarter due to the offense they run, but if they're down by three possessions at that time it won't matter in the slightest!

TheValkyries

Exactly! I mentioned this on the other page, but understandably it got a little lost :x

The ball really should be spotted where they initiate the slide, as that's when the runner gives himself up. In reality, they always spot it when the runner reaches the ground on his slide. It's not that serious of a misunderstanding of the rules until it changes a 4th and 1/2 to a 1st and 10, but it's something that probably should be addressed that never will be.
I know it's not an excuse, but the spot is probably where the slide ends because it's hard for a referee to determine in real time where a QB initiates a slide, and they probably hope that the action of falling backwards will negate any forward momentum.

I want an honest answer out of this: How many of you legitimately believe that the Denver Tebows have a good chance of winning on Sunday? You can play one good quarter a game and beat teams like the Bears (Forte/Cutlerless anyway), Chargers, and Vikings, but against an elite team like the Patriots? The current line is Pats -6.5, which I feel isn't enough (though they usually only ever go above one possession if it's a shitty team against an elite team). Tebow may be great in the fourth quarter due to the offense they run, but if they're down by three possessions at that time it won't matter in the slightest!
Tom Brady is 1-6 against the Denver Broncos, and the Patriots are something like 2-15 at Denver all time, and the Patriots Defense tends to collapse the most in the 4th quarter. An odd matchup is the third worst Defense on third down is facing the fifth worst Offense on third down.

I don't think the Broncos can pull it off, but this is showing signs of classic trap game for the Patriots after an emotional roller coaster shootout last week.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
You didn't tear anything up, you just repeatedly accused me of sucking some variant on the words Patriot's and Dick. You brought nothing new to the table, claiming I had ignored Shinryu's post when I had directly responded to it. You rant on under the impression that I actually gave a fuck about the fact that this was about a hit on Brady (Pro tip: any other QB and I would've been saying the same shit). Then you went on to praise how well your QB (1-6 since his big contract renewal) plays.
Once again, you can't read, because I said Fitz likes to play catch with the other team. Nowhere did I "praise how well [he] plays".

Let me boil this down to its absolute simplest terms: everybody in the NFL that is worth a giddy fuck has publicly acknowledged that there should never have been a flag on the play and Fletcher did nothing wrong. You are arguing in impossible point. It shouldn't take Steeler fetching the rulebook to make you acquiesce on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)