The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid 2nd drive by the Chiefs! They will now, for the first time this season, actually spend time in a game WINNING! I believe in the Chiefs.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Is it weird that before the game I had a strange feeling that the Chiefs will get up? There's just something about the Steelers being beaten by mediocre teams over the past few years.

I used to think that.. but it's that NFL teams are so damn balanced talent wise and the game has so many parts. All of which could go wrong at any time. So yeah, every fan base uses that excuse but really theirs little difference between the Patriots and Browns, Steelers or Lions.

At this point i'm starting to think the regular season doesn't even matter anymore. It's just for the fans and to tweak a team for the playoffs. It's like basketball, just to get used to eachother.

I wanted the Giants to go 14-2 and lose in the playoffs in the first round but thats not going to happen so all im rooting for is another magical playoff run.

The Steelers got away with one when that phantom holding penalty was called on that touchdown.

Too bad they have way more bad luck with injuries!

Byron Leftwich is absolutely terrible. I will forever remember him for the failed 1st and goal back for the Falcons in 2007 against the Titans. He threw two or three consecutive passes through the endzone and basically into the stands. I have no idea why he's even rostered at this point.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
*sigh* why are the Chiefs celebrating like immature (BAN ME PLEASE)s when they get to play a backup QB? Honestly, you'd think when you're 1-7 you'd be a little more humble.

*sigh* why are the Chiefs celebrating like immature (BAN ME PLEASE)s when they get to play a backup QB? Honestly, you'd think when you're 1-7 you'd be a little more humble.
This bothered me as well. I'll never understand why players on terrible teams will celebrate to that extent when they make a play like that.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And now Hali headbutts the backup QB. I haven't seen this much douchebaggery since...well yesterday with John Harbaugh but still...

The Falcons cut Ray Edwards. So there's that.

I can't say I'm not surprised but I saw this move coming at some point. He hasn't done a thing since getting to Atlanta. Hopefully we can get somebody nice now.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Luckily for Pittsburgh, Matt Cassel is almost as bad as Leftwich is. Roethlisberger just left the stadium to go to the hospital though, so that is NOT a good sign. This would be a really crappy end to the team's surge of late if they lost Ben for the season...

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
refs just almost blew it for the cheifs with the 'push off' call on moeaki. glad to see cassel got it

edit: LOOLLLLL GOOOD BYE CASSEL

I normally wouldn't have a ton of dog in this fight, but I'm a Colts fan and I'd really like them to get the first wild card so watching the Steelers go down would be nice for our chances!

And now Hali headbutts the backup QB. I haven't seen this much douchebaggery since...well yesterday with John Harbaugh but still...
Harbaugh is one of my favorite coaches. It was the right decision. As much as i dislike it. No lead is ever safe. All Giant fans know that. I can't stand Jim though hes a jerk.

Well, i wanted the Chiefs to win but in the end they didn't deserve it. Time to clean house again.

Hey they haven't had much to root for this year, maybe let this one slide? lol no I agree with, maybe if it was an actually fumble, but it was pretty funny that Steelers went down and scored on that drive.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Weren't the Chiefs the team that knocked out Brady for the season in 09 as well? I'm a little worried now...

Also I retract my earlier statement about Blaine Gabbert being the worst player in the league. Byron Leftwich is.

Weren't the Chiefs the team that knocked out Brady for the season in 09 as well? I'm a little worried now...

Also I retract my earlier statement about Blaine Gabbert being the worst player in the league. Byron Leftwich is.
Oh, please. No quarterback in the history of the NFL is worse than Blaine Gabbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)