The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is why Frank Gore was penalized $500 more for having his socks too low. Not saying Tom Brady should be fined more, but I think it's pretty stupid that a uniform validation is a more severe penalty than an act that could potential hurt someone.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The Brady-haters are making a much bigger deal out of that slide than it needs to be. A slap on the wrist is the perfect punishment, now we can all move on.

He should lose his Pro Bowl game check for this. Not being able to play in the Pro Bowl and get the check and the trip to Hawaii is a blessing.

Ironically he has probably become so violent because he can't smoke up anymore. He's not being investigated for assault so it probably won't affect his career other than maybe some kind of behaviour clause in future contracts.

I know it's the pro bowl, but that was an awesome play by Russell Wilson
I absolutely love his play. He's got so much poise and always seems to make the right play. And he just scored again to make it consecutive scoring drives.

I was rolling when during that penalty flag earlier
'Yes there are penalties in the pro bowl' lmao

What do you guys think of Ed Reed vs Kaepernick? It kills me but I think the ravens have the edge here. Kaepernick is a rookie who hasn't even played a full season, and Ed Reed is a ball hawk. And to add to that, the raven's offense has been ON this post season, Flacco's been playing his best ever.

Lol Randy, I kinda want him to dominate in a win now. After Bernard Pollard breaks Keepernick in half, and Alex Smith comes in of course.

Don't know how to feel about it. Why is it banned again?
because it's creepy as hell

really though it's because one of the proteins in it is an anabolic steroid, which increases testosterone levels/muscle mass etc... however, unlike HGH, the effects of it are comparatively tiny... apparently he would have had to take 5,000 bottles a day to reach the effects of one HGH dose. the protein is also on the list of stuff that's not currently detectable in the tests they use.

unless he admits to doing anything in the next five days, it's unlikely to serve any effect on anything other than a slight distraction for the team. even if there might be more to the story (the company he contacted is all kinds of fishy) it's really not very relevant.

so waterbomb doesn't think flacco is playing his best ever?

well shit i didnt know you thought flacco was already elite o____o. you'll have to show me these games that hes been playing even better than 10 tds/0 ints in his last 5 games, 4 of which vs playoff teams and the other vs last years super bowl champion (and the cinci game he sat out after a drive so really its 4 games)

or is this just a backfired attempt to hate on flacco o.o

btw rice fumbled twice in his first game and bernard pierce has looked way more explosive in the playoffs thus far:

taken straight from my main barnwell on whos stock is decreasing:

Ray Rice: Isn't it weird that the Ravens are in the Super Bowl and their star running back — the guy around whom they built the offense — hasn't had a loud postseason? His cumulative line for the postseason is very mundane: 64 carries, 247 rushing yards (3.9 yards per pop), four catches (on 10 targets) for 69 yards, and as many touchdowns as fumbles lost (two). Bernard Pierce has looked much livelier than Rice when he's had the ball. Baltimore was cutting down Rice's reps during the regular season presumably so he could be a workhorse in the playoffs, but outside of a couple jukes on screen passes, Rice has been a very ordinary back during Baltimore's title chase this year.
so yeah, rice hasnt been playing his best ever. smith has been this explosive all year and boldin's issue was getting separation, which he still doesnt, but flacco now just throws it to him cuz hes going to catch it.

man so many things wrong with your joke fix that i begin to question if you even watch football..

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was really just a half hearted attempt to remind everyone that Flacco is NOT the reason they are successful, and he's being carried by everyone around him. Yeah Rice hasn't been playing "lights out", but he and Leach are important checkdowns for Joe.

I'm surprised you used his paper stats as an argument in his favor and expected me to take you seriously, since anyone who has actually WATCHED these games you speak of knows that Flacco is wildly off target on almost every throw, and he's constantly being bailed out by his WRs and TEs making amazing catches. You, being a Ravens fan, should know your own team better than all of us, and therefore should be the first person to notice that Flacco is inaccurate as hell. He got to play the Colts in the WC round (which is essentially a free win), he got gift after gift in the Denver game with their secondary letting his WRs get WIDE THE FUCK OPEN where all he had to do was heave the ball as hard as he could, and in the Patriots game he just played badly, and was saved by his receiving corps.

Come on man, you know I watch football, and it doesn't even take a serious football fan to tell that Flacco is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)