The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
DJ Hayden, if not for that freak injury, was slated to be a top 3 prospect in this years draft. Mike Mayock ranked him as his #1 corner regardless. He is a risk but he could end up being a top 5 CB in the NFL within a year

Best QB in the league, Rodgers is going to be the highest paid player ever!! 22 million per year!! Flacco deserves veteran minimum.

After thinking about it, the Cowboys had a great first round. Moving back to the bottom of the first round to reach for a player is good drafting. Especially an OL.

EDIT; And its going to be annoying hearing Teos name before every team decides who to pick...

because even if Manuel turns out the be the best QB to ever have played that game, you could have gotten another 1st round talent too, because he still would have been there in the 3rd, maybe 4th round.

it's very poor use of resources.
If he's going to be the greatest QB to ever play the game, do you take the chance that someone won't take him over the next round or two?

If he's the best rated QB on your draft board, do you even take the chance?

Reaching for players the coaching staff is sure about is fine. Some of them pan out, some of them don't; if the coaches feel like one guy fits their scheme better than the guy who all the "experts" pick, they're probably right.

yond

mitt game strong
well this years New York Jets Hard Knocks will win best soap opera of the year... Sanchez, Garrard, Smith, TEBOW ... smh Jets couldn't have fucked up worse with this draft

Agreed. Poor Jets... Traded the best player in franchise history for NOTHING. When I suggested it a couple months ago I didn't think they could screw it up this bad.. Pointless, just pointless.

At least Teo is gone. Blerhg.

yond

mitt game strong
FUCKIN CARDINALS

there goes my hopes and dreams :'(

edit: and then the bills intercepted my hopes and dreams and pissed on them

edit2: awesome pick by the Giants, very pumped to get Hankins so we can finally have an anchor for our DENDS and LB's.. a bit sad they passed on Damontre Moore but Hankins is a great additions

People forget he was getting mocked #1 overall before this years cfb season

edit3 whahah: HEY AR, PUGH ISN'T SEXY BUT HE'S A CLASSIC BLUE-COLLAR OFFENSIVE LINEMAN THE GIANTS LOVE. think about their old o-line: Diehl, Seubert, Ohara, Snee...Pugh fits into that group like a glove

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
FUCK YOU NEW YORK

FUCKFUCKFUCK

Great job, you completely made up for that godawful Pugh pick on one fell swoop. Hankins is a notch at most below Floyd and Star. He has a worse motor though but that's it.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nah, I like Pugh, just not as a first rounder. But it doesn't matter if you reach for guys if you get monumental Aaron Rodgers-esque steals anyway ._.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Patriots are winning the draft and they havent even picked yet. 4 picks for the #29 pick is a steal in any draft for anything ever.

And I always thought Aaron Rodgers deserved a Flacco-level paycheck and I'm glad he agrees too. Sorry there's no sarcasm font on the internet

"If you have 2 QBs, then you have no QBs"...so what does that mean for the Jets, who now have 5 QBs? G.Smith, Tebow, McElroy, Garrard and B.Fumble

Just
End
The
Season

Mathieu brought to tears, not out of joy because he was drafted, but out of sadness because he was drafted by Arizona.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mathieu brought to tears, not out of joy because he was drafted, but out of sadness because he was drafted by Arizona.
I'm hearing reports now that they were in fact tears of joy, now he can smoke the finest legal weed in Washington to recover from their losses twice a year :D

yond

mitt game strong
Giants getting steals here like none other. Pumped

edit: I agree, I didn't think he was worth a first round pick... I would have gladly taken him at our r2 spot tho so I'm happy =]

While I don't mind the Niners drafting all the defensive talent, wouldn't mind seeing them grab a few more offensive players...

Matt Barkley still undrafted through three rounds. I guess being a USC quarterback doesn't mean much anymore.

I can't wait for Jets camp. It will be the trainwreck of the season. I was hoping Barkley would go to the Jets instead of Geno but it will be good though. Now that I think about it, Geno with the Jets is a terrible idea unless they are planning to rework the system for him.

Barkley is just the blonde version of Mark Sanchez.

Jesse Williams, Alex Okafor and Brandon Jenkins still available. Hopefully one of them falls to Atlanta but I doubt it.

Tony Romo threw for 4900 yards last year, so naturally the Cowboys figured they better grab a WR round 3 to play it safe.

JERRY JONES STOP FUCKING WASTING OUR SHIT AUGHHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)