The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeman's run automatically negated that return, but what the fuck was that shit? Unless I was legally blind, he was clearly in the endzone. We flipped when he ran out instead of taking the 25. If you had add that to the next couple plays, instant field goal.

after cheering for the pats to win, i think ive decided i wanted the falcons to win so i didnt have to see pretzels' posts
You can't even begin to fathom the smugness of Pats fans that will come in these next 6 months

Tom Brady is and will continue to be a smug asshole that nobody but Pats fans and deluded narcissists like
You're projecting your hatred of pats fans onto Tom Brady

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Nah, Brady's their idol for a reason. Whiny pretty boy, we'reonlygonnascore17points.avi, special diet, etc. He embodies all the traits of a stereotypical raging douchebag. And all the worse, he revels in it because he knows there's nothing his haters can do about it except admit that he's earned the right to do so.

Still doesn't mean he earned this victory, Falcons historically choked. No team has given up a double digit lead in the Super Bowl and playoff teams were 93-0 with a 19+ point lead in the 4th quarter. They are now 93-1. Thanks, you fucking failures.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the Baltimore v Denver game during the Ravens run where the Broncos were 99% to win it until Flacco completed a ridiculous Hail Mary. I'd like to see the win % on this one throughout the game. Incredible in every sense of the word. If any team could take advantage of the choke, it would definitely have to be the Pats but... goddamn... this is something that will not be replicated for a long, long time.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
This reminds me of the Baltimore v Denver game during the Ravens run where the Broncos were 99% to win it until Flacco completed a ridiculous Hail Mary. I'd like to see the win % on this one throughout the game. Incredible in every sense of the word. If any team could take advantage of the choke, it would definitely have to be the Pats but... goddamn... this is something that will not be replicated for a long, long time.

From ESPN stats and info

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Even the Chargers won the AFL championship in 1963, and the Browns and Lions were dominant franchises in the 50's. Granted the Falcons have "only" existed since 1965, after the last point any of those teams did anything either as some of the other shittiest franchises in the NFL, they're no better historically.

Thanks, you fucking failures.
Christ, where was your team during this game? Brady haters are more upset than actual Falcons fans. Sad!

Fact of the matter is a bunch of young guys (including the coaches) went out there and proved how talented they were, then when adversity struck they didn't know how to deal with it. It happens to the best of us; Brady looked fucking awful for a good chunk of the game, but being the GOAT that he is (if you need that game to tell you he was, you haven't been paying attention) he actually knew what it would take to stage a comeback. That's the difference between being good and being great.

I have little doubt that this team will be back here in position to win another championship soon. Zero free agents of import, talent at every level, and no real holes on either side of the ball except maybe at guard. Would have loved to see this be the start of a dynasty, but we're about to early-90's Bills ourself all over the next few years.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Unfortunately, Aaron Rodgers exists or Dallas would've stomped New England harder than they would've in 2014 tbh. I'm sorry but the Patriots didn't do a damn thing to deserve winning that game. All they did was watch the Falcons spectacularly implode of their own accord.

My Boys finna run dis league for the next few years on Dak and Zeke's rookie contracts.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately, Aaron Rodgers exists or Dallas would've stomped New England harder than they would've in 2014 tbh. I'm sorry but the Patriots didn't do a damn thing to deserve winning that game. All they did was watch the Falcons spectacularly implode of their own accord.

My Boys finna run dis league for the next few years on Dak and Zeke's rookie contracts.
More like on the contracts of that o line who are mostly locked up through 2020

It was a fun game. The comeback was spectacular. The chokejob was sad, legendary. Brady was as scary and fun as ever. I was rooting for the Falcons but secretly hoped they choked it away all game. It is regrettable that a team filled with so many likable people had to be humiliated in this way but it's just a game and it was very fun. Nothing really changes. Brady fans will get more annoying. That's literally all that's changed. The win won't change the mind of anyone who already didn't see brady as the goat. It was a fun game and everyone should be happy about that fact alone.

The Patriots dropping back to pass almost 70 times and still winning is complete bananaland

Also does every pats fan hate Legarrette Blount as much as me?

Was the worst player on the field last night bar none, every time they ran him it seemed like a wasted play.

Not to mention him killing all momentum with that early fumble

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know for a fact pretzels knows enough about football to realize his team got lucky. I am pretty sure he's being this way intentionally because it's the character he plays

I know for a fact pretzels knows enough about football to realize his team got lucky. I am pretty sure he's being this way intentionally because it's the character he plays
The Patriots have the greatest player to ever walk the earth at QB, counting him out with so much time left on the clock was a fool's errand.

I've seen him do it before, so no matter how unlikely it seems ill always believe that they have a chance to win if there's still requisite time left on the clock.

And what you view as "luck" I view as a karma of sorts for deflategate, just the cosmic energy of the universe balancing everything out.

Also "lucky" or not, the Patriots still had to score on 5 consecutive drives, make back to back 2 point conversions, and hold one of the greatest offenses of all time and the league MVP to seven points in the second half.

There are two requisite parts to every tremendous comeback - the trailing team has to play incredibly well and the leading team has to shit the bed and let it happen. There were so many opportunities for the Falcons to put the game away. Literally one more first down of any kind probably wastes enough time to significantly increase the difficulty level of the last scoring drive in the 4th quarter. Statistically speaking, we could easily, EASILY be saying "man, Brady sure gave everyone a good scare har har! but they missed that last 2 pointer/Falcons got the ball in overtime/ATL salted an extra minute and a half off the clock etc etc" It's unfortunate how much the end result of a game can shade our perceptions. Atlanta played extremely well for the majority of the game. New England played even more extraordinarily for a little over 1/4 of it. For Brady to take advantage of the opportunity was astonishing, and for Atlanta to let it come to that is also equally astonishing in my eyes. I can't separate the two factors in my mind. They are both equally responsible for the outcome. I just have to appreciate that an absolute perfect storm of epic comeback proportions all came together and it somehow worked out for the Patriots in the end. I remember hoping at the start of the second half that either the Falcons absolutely dogpiled the shit out of the score to worse than SEA v DEN proportions or NE somehow made it a game in the end, those were the only two options when it came to entertainment value. I guess I got my wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)