The Everything NHL Thread

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I like that logo a lot.

I just wish the jerseys aren't completely black.

Will likely very easily beat their no-logo jersey :

Also, the Golden Seals and the North Stars were not the same franchise.

Also, who makes conference finals predictions when every single series has gone past 5 games? :(

Final edit : Looks like the Seals (Barons) were merged into the North Stars. I didn't know that.

I like that logo a lot.

I just wish the jerseys aren't completely black.

Will likely very easily beat their no-logo jersey :

Also, the Golden Seals and the North Stars were not the same franchise.

Also, who makes conference finals predictions when every single series has gone past 5 games? :(

Final edit : Looks like the Seals (Barons) were merged into the North Stars. I didn't know that.
Meh, I make my non-season predictions based on how a series turns during game 5's actually, lol. Even though Detroit & Boston haven't played a game 5 as of now, but it is unlikely what happened to Boston in 2010 will happen now.

Also does anyone remember the "Mooterus" jersey?

I have mixed feelings about the new logo. I mean, it's nice that they've kept the same "North Star" shape since they joined in '67, but the 'D' kind of distorts the outline. I think it's better than the no-logo jersey which honestly should be like the Islanders, an alternate. Which it may very well be in 13-14. Also small rumors are appearing that either this uniform (North Stars unused jersey) will be what the new jerseys are inspired from. Just with a RBK Edge update, and the new logo of course.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anybody else watching the Memorial Cup tonight?

Pretty special event this year as the top 3 prospects for the next NHL draft will be playing.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Mannnn, give it to Bob. Brodeur's time in the sun has come and gone, and as much as I respect him as a player, let's get some of the young(ish) blood on there.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I for one think Brodeur should be on the cover. What other player perfectly represents a franchise that's old, bloated, and not nearly as good as it once was but still skates by on name recognition?

Edit: Tortorella's reaction to his firing:

I for one think Brodeur should be on the cover. What other player perfectly represents a franchise that's old, bloated, and not nearly as good as it once was but still skates by on name recognition?
I agree. When is the last time a goalie made the cover of a nhl video game? Cujo made the cover of Faceoff 2001 iirc. I know Hasek or Roy didnt. So if a goalie is finally going to make it, might as well be Brodeur and not some potential flash in the pan goalie like Bobrovsky.

Fun fact: The teams still in the playoffs are the teams that have won the Cup the past five years (wings, pens, hawks, bruins, kings)

Holy fauk!

I'll take that win right there.

Time to cool down and watch highlights/interviews for a few hours. Hooray Chicago stations.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Fun fact: The teams still in the playoffs are the teams that have won the Cup the past five years (wings, pens, hawks, bruins, kings)
And now the past 4 :P

I said Hawks vs. Pens in the finals though so that'll stop the pattern for me, unless the pattern is a continuous rotation

I like both the Kings' and the Bruins' styles for playoff hockey (and refereeing) though so would not be surprised at all if they make it as well (and honestly, I like those two teams more)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sigh looks like Pittsburgh has cornered themselves in a nearly insurmountable position. Don't really want Brad Marchand (one of my least favorite players) to get another shot at the cup. On the bright side, we wont have to sit through any Detroit vs Pittsburgh bs in the finals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)