The Highlander Tournament III [Round 1]

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yo Vinc2612

me and my opp came to a problem due to host shit wording and as a former highlander host and someone that actually plays other tiers on smogon.

• Just a reminder: all Mega Stones are Z-Crystals are BANNED from this tour - if you actively use one the match is forfeit and it's up to your opponent to accept a rematch or not.
I interpreted that as you could not hold megas or z crystals outright since say in OU kangaskhanite is banned on all pokemon for an example. My opp interpreted it as you can hold the z crystal/mega stone. TD is shit and was like "im not going to clarify or fix things, work it out yourself." so I'd like an intervention on this. Since if he wanted to make it abundantly clear then he would've stated something like

"You are allowed to hold mega stones/z crystals but you cannot use them." which got FV's interpretation across very well as opposed to it being obvious that they're banned outright.
Actually, both interpretations are 100% valid depending on where you read the rules (why does this sentence even exist). The bolded "actively" part highly suggests that they are legal as long as you don't activate them, while the op states that they are straight banned. This is definitely an hosting mistake and fv cannot be blamed for using the item. Either way, I hope Mr. Perry can clarify his intentions as soon as possible.

Now about calling it a rematch or a win for fv, I think I would give fv the choice because:
- the whole brainstorming part would be messed up by the fact that you already made a game and revealed your primary strategy
- he can't be blamed, while losing in an unofficial type C tournament won't have any impact on anything Smogon related outside of the hall of fame for the winner.

Please keep in mind that this is not a TD call and neither you, fv or Mr. Perry is asked to follow my suggestion. This is merely my opinion that anyone can use if it's considered helpful. I left the TD team (partly) because I didn't want to investigate or argue anymore and answered only because it looked somehow easy to call.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
oh wtf, I wasn't even aware you quit being a TD. My bad. Thanks for the insight regardless. FV already stated that he'll just stick with the win so w/e. Thanks for the help vinc. gl fv/rest in tour.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, just giving my two cents now before this round is gone.
The last bullet, which Haruno mentioned, was written with that very idea in mind: that the inactive use of Z-Moves were allowed to help in Knock Off scenario: think about bulky physic type vs. bisharp and, of course, in possible Trick ones. An inactive Z-Crystal or a Mega Evolution do not benefits the player that much, considering it's pretty much a wasted slot, so that's why I decided to allow it, with the "actively" part of the first post. I agree that I could be more clear in the OP, but that's still no reason to call the host shit (considering I asked everyone to read my following post in the OP, not once but twice, and you still didn't).
Also, about the "im not going to clarify or fix things, work it out yourself.", what could I have done there? Stop a won match? When the winning dude did nothing wrong? I told you guys that it was up to FV to take the win or not, just as I said to Whammerist about the timeout of his opponent. It was up to the him to accept a rematch or not, which in that case Whammerist did, but FV, if he wanted, had the right to take the win and so he did and I'm not judging that. I'm sorry for the confusion and I hope next round this won't happen again.

about act / coinflip:
Quint_ actually claimed activity as his opponent, Pynewacket, missed the time. However, Quint_ wouldn't be able to play in the following weekend so I decided to grant, that matchup only, a 2 day extension as Pynewacket actually tried to get another time to play. You guys will have 2 days to battle! [more info in the new round thread].

the other ones are coin / fip as the results are here:

Meru [Sableye] vs. [Crabrawler] Lycanyte
[11:15] +Mr. Perry: !pick Meru, Lycanyte
We randomly picked: Lycanyte

Melle2402 [Sableye] vs. [Magearna] Qplaz
[11:15] +Mr. Perry: !pick Melle2402, Qplaz
We randomly picked: Qplaz

Baloor [Ampibom] vs. [Dragonite] Malekith
[11:16] +Mr. Perry: !pick Baloor, Malekith
We randomly picked: Baloor

Brammi [Machamp] vs. [Celesteela] Bedschibaer
[11:18] +Mr. Perry: !pick Brammi, Bedschibaer
We randomly picked: Bedschibaer

insult [Hoopa-U] vs. [Porygon2] PassablyFleek
[11:18] +Mr. Perry: !PICK insult, PassablyFleek
We randomly picked: PassablyFleek

link: http://i.imgur.com/4YKTIgd.jpg

missed one:
[11:25] +Mr. Perry: !pick Ralof101, pokebasket
We randomly picked: pokebasket

r2 coming up soon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)