1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Challenge The Orange League - Round 1: Congratulations Team SteelSeed!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by TheOrangeLeague, Sep 4, 2012.

1. TheOrangeLeague

TheOrangeLeague

[​IMG]

Alright, Round 1 of the Orange League has begun! The rules can be found in the sign-up thread. All scores should be PMed to TheOrangeLeague. Any questions should be PMed to Jellicent or Texas Cloverleaf, or simply asked in #OrangeIslands on SynIRC.

Now, for our contestants:

Team SteelSeed:
    Garud, Dinosaurdan, Atsync, LockDown, and Espeon65

Mowdown Hoedown:
    Birkal, Solace, WildEep, Nexus, and Charmander

Team euheuheuh:
    Django, CrashinBoomBang, McMeghan, DTC, and Zebraiken

The Grammar Slammers:
    SuperJOCKE, CherubAgent, Shnen, and DHR-107

Team Tumbleweed:
    Zystral, jas61292, billymills, Princess of Johto, and Deinosaur

Team PSDuckie:
    PSDuckie

The GastRODANs:
    Rodan, Level 51, Showsni, TalkingLion, and Wobbanaut

And finally, what you've all been looking forward to, the challenges:

• Pokemon Snap (N64) - Highest score in the Volcano level
    • Pokemon Trading Card Game (GBC) - Fastest playthrough (shortest time after clearing the Grand Masters and Ronald)
    • Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (ADV) - Greatest number of combined double circles in a Pokeblock mix
    • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (DS) - Longest PokeRadar chain
    • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS) - Highest Bug Catching Contest score

Remember, all scores must be achieved within the next 10 days. No previous scores may be submitted. Trading Card Game is a speedrun, and will require a new file (please use your username, space permitting, for further evidence). Older files may be used for the other games. Anyone caught cheating (such as using hacks, submitting other peoples scores, using old scores, giving other people your scores to submit, etc.) will be kicked out of this competition and banned from joining all future Orange League rounds. Also, Birkal will leave you so many tl;dr ethical discourses on your profile that you'll weep every time you see "1 New Visitor Message", so don't do it!

Let's keep this fun and clean, people. Good luck, and may the best team win!
  2. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent Yeah, well. The Dude abides
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Damn before I do this i'm gonna have to get 2 more badges and beat the E4 lol.
  3. Showsni

Showsni

Longest Pokéradar chain? I'm there! Well, once I've bought several thousand repels...

And, Volcano level? Got to love those free shots at Charmander.
  4. dinosaurdan

dinosaurdan

Not Volcano level... That and valley are my worst two courses..
  5. atsync

atsync Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

When you say combined double circles, what do you mean? Say I get 11 double circles and the people I'm blending with get 30 all together. Do I submit 11 or 41?
  6. PoJ

PoJ

I have the same question as atsync.

Good luck, everyone! :)
  7. Showsni

Showsni

Thinking about it, going for a really long chain is going to be pretty heartbreaking, as you're going to have to ignore a whole bunch of shinies. :(
  8. PoJ

PoJ

But it's not like those shiny Pokemon will have good IVs :p
  9. Espeon65

Espeon65

That's music to my ears as a teammate! *sarcasm* XD
  10. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Eh, does catching them break your chain? o.o
  11. Showsni

Showsni

Not necessarily; but since they can easily appear in unsafe areas, you have to ignore those ones to continue the chain. Usually if you're chaining for shinies you'll get up to a chain of 40 and won't go any higher, since it doesn't improve your odds.
  12. Garud

Garud

VolcanO is my best course, so give it your best shot and I'll submit one too :)
  13. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

If you post a score, and you improve on it before the time limit, can you submit a second, updated score?
  14. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Yes you can, I asked Jellicent. He says try not to though, it may lead to confusion.
  15. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Combined score, in the situation indicated you would submit 41.

Yes, as scores are sent through PM you can send updated scores. Please avoid sending in any score you register, however. It eases the paperwork if you simply send in a score near the end of a round.
  16. Showsni

Showsni

That Arcanine, he keeps being Growlithes instead. Volcano's a fun course, though. Shame the difficult bit is right near the end!
  17. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

I need him to be both at the end really... 9 Species max isn't a lot to be honest.

EDIT: It's possible to get both.
  18. Showsni

Showsni

Oh yeah, that's the problem. It's fairly easy to get Growlithe, but you do need both. It's just the four slightly tricky Pokémon all come in that last segment!
  19. PSDuckie

PSDuckie

I'm probably not going to be able to get scores for all five games, but since I was never a serious competitor anyway, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm just doing this to have a good time.
  20. Garud

Garud

So this is what I found from doing the Bug Catching contest on HG.

[​IMG]

Do I win yet?
  21. Espeon65

Espeon65

depends, how many points? but yay! hopefully my team will win! woohoo!
  22. Birkal

Birkal Caw.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

How do you expect us to send in photographic evidence of Pokemon Snap? There is no accumulated total score at the end; rather, it is the your entire score from the game (labeled Report Score). Would you like us to take pictures of Oak reviewing each individual picture? What is the process here?
  23. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

I was just taking the pic at the end when it calculates the score... Like 9~10 species x the score amount. I guess that's the best time to get the score because you can see the challenge score, the current score and your previous best (if it is higher than the score you just made).
  24. Showsni

Showsni

Yeah, that's the screen I was taking; it shows the course name, too.

Though, does this screen show up if you haven't unlocked the challenge scores yet?
  25. PSDuckie

PSDuckie

I really don't want to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out of the contest. A few days after I entered, things at work started getting REALLY busy and I don't have time to play Pokemon at all, much less play for a contest. I deeply apologize for this and I wish you all good luck.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)