The Other T(insertletter)S' Newark VGC Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Day Before
Ok so I wake up Friday morning getting ready for school, and I make a checklist of what I need to get ready for Newark. All I needed was to tutor Low Kick onto my Infernape, RNG a Giratina and EV train it. I had all the timing written down for Giratina and I was able to complete it on the train. I EV throughout my free periods at school and on the way back. Great so all I need to do is get Battle Points. So I play the Battle Factory and I get haxed the shit out of like 10 times and i end up falling asleep at 2am with 25 battle points.

Saturday Morning
So I wake in the morning feeling like P Diddy... Ok, No. But I do wake up at 5am in the morning, get on IRC and get Sudo and Flora to help me tutor Low Kick and Shadow Sneak onto my Infernape and Giratina so I'm all good. Thanks Guys. I head back to sleep at 6am and get woken up at 8:30 by dragonfe's phone call telling me to get my ass to Port Authority. So I take the NYC Subways to get to PA and I get there before he does -_-. So we met up at the wrong gate and end up waiting an hour for nothing. We finally get on the right bus and get to the Meadowlands Expo Center at around 11:00. We were pretty far back but Fightgar let us in line and gave us our falcon shirts. Mine had the Falcon logo and TDS on the back. We went to watch juniors and we end up meeting MattGritt, Darkwatch, 5k, Dtrain, Cybertron/Serendipity, BlueCookies some other. (dont get offended if your named wasnt listed here). So Seniors registration begins and we meet PokeEthan who was very unprepared :(. So we get out wrist bands and stuff and get on line to battle.

Tournament Begins Single Elimation Rounds
I was relatively nervous at this point I knew things would start getting better after my first match.

Round 1
TDS vs DarkWatch's friend
His team was Groudon Cresselia Lugia and ??? (i think it was azelf)
Ok so when I see his leads, I automatically think Icy Wind. I protect on Rayquaza and trick Scarf onto Cresselia who use light screen. Groudon uses Rock Polish, Shit. I know he probably wont expect and explosion now since Ray used Protect so I switch in Shedinja and attempt to explode. Cresselia stays in?, Groudon Eq's and I live and explode. Groudon has a sash and cresselia lives with a sliver of health. I bring back Rayquaza, shadow sneak his groudon and get sub up. Cresselia still stays in. He brings in his 4th pokemon and finally switch out Cresselia for lugia. Shedinja and Ray take down his 4th pokemon while Lugia Aeroblasts Shedinja removing its sash. He sends out Cresselia who uses Helping Hand and attempts to kill Shedinja but I Protect and hit Lugia with a Draco Meteor. Extremespeed and Shadow Sneak finish Lugia next turn and Cresselia falls shortly.

After this match, all my nerves calmed down and the guy reveals himself to be darkwatch's friend who was just telling him how good TDS was. He was like, That's TDS? Shit man. Sorry dude.

Round 2
TDS vs Tall African American, I think his name was Marcus.

He sends out Sceptile and Charizard and I'm thinking I have this match. I vaguely remember this match except for the hax. His Sceptile pulls of 3 quick claw Dragon Pulses to hit my Rayquaza with subs. His Charizard dodges 3 rock slides and KO's my Metagross. I bring Kyogre in while Rayquaza was barely alive spamming protect with Sub and Charizard dodges 2 Water Spouts, Great. I finally take down his Charizard with a Water Spout as well as his Sceptile. He brings out Palkia and Kyogre, Kills my Rayquaza nad hurts my Kyogre with Thunder, which I do back to him. I send out Shedinja and find that my Kyogre is faster than Palkia and that he couldnt hit shedinja anyways.

I was majorly pissed off at the hax but hey I still won. So I'm not complaining.

Round 3
TDS vs Tall Impolite White Guy who didnt talk, say Good Luck back, Good Game or accept my hand shake aka Asshole
He leads with Zapdos Groudon. I Protect on Rayquaza, Scarf Explosion and I'm up 3-2. I bring in sheddy and he has giratina. I sub with Rayquaza just incase he uses follow me and he ends up using Air Cutter critting my shedinja (lol) and not breaking my sub. Giratina disapears and I Extreme Speed his togekiss with Sheddy protecting against Air Cutter. I set sub up again and giratina hits it. Air cutter finishes Sheddy and I bring out Kyogre. Draco Meteor kills Giratina and Kyogre Ice Beams Togekiss for the win.

Seriously this guy had his head down while walking leaving and didnt say anything the whole match.

Round 4
TDS vs Avery
Cool kid although he did eliminate Fightgar and Pokethan.
His leads were Giratina and Azelf. I Rock Slide and Protect white Azelf protects and Giratina Dragon Claws. Azelf explodes and when I switch in Shedinja. I let him hit shedy with Shadow force twice while Palkia Protects on the the turn Sheddy Get's hit. I bring in Metagross know Palkia already used protect last turn and get off the Scarf Explosion. Rayquaza takes down Giratina with Draco Meteor and his Abomasnow gets taken down easily on the final turn.

FINALIST LOUNGE
So I'm the 9th person in the finalist lounge, the hack check me and everything's clear (duh wifier paranoia ftw?). I get 2 slices of pizza and a coke, sat down and had a nice chat with some tcg players that were in the finalist lounge as well. As I was eating, I saw BlueCookies Dtrain TTS Cybertron/Serendipity, Elmo, AceTrainerRed and a few others make the finals. I hear someone say, Simon Yip, get your sexy ass over here! and I find out it was VashTS. -_- At this point Fightgar already lost and left :(. So we're all just chatting for a really long time and laughing at 2 kids who got the red flag for the hack check and finally its 4:30. We're told about getting byes with 25 Green cards and 19 purple cards. Purple got byes and green had to play top 64. About 5 people in a row ahead of me got purple cards and the person in front of my got green. I got purple! and was glad to find that dtrain TTS and some others got purple as well.

TOP 32

TDS vs Nelson
I actually used to play yugioh with this kid at my local shop and he was pretty decent.
He lead with Metagross and Giratina-O. I use rock slide and his metagross crits mine with EQ and kills it while I protect with Rayquaza. I bring in kyogre, Water Spout and Draco Meteor his Giratina for the double KO. He brings in Abomasnow and Kyogre. I protect with Rayquaza and switch in Shedinja. He Ice Shards and thunders which neither do any damage. Shedinja use X Scissor on Aboma snow and I switch out Rayquaza for Kyogre, he Blizzards and Ice shards for little damage as I shadow sneak Thunder next turn. One turn later I X Scissor his Kyogre for the win.

TOP 16
I was the second person to make top 16, PokeCat made it first and I was supposed to play her. But they moved me and my heart sank as I saw Serendipity raise his hand in the yellow zone to indicate his victory. We asked if we could avoid each other but they didnt let us since the stakes were too high. No offense to PocketCat.

TDS vs Serendipity/Cybertron (goddammit Aaron just pick one and stick with it)
He goes with the standard Misa Room team with Smeargle Dialga. He fake outs Metagross who was trying to trick a scarf onto dialga and Rayquaza gets a sub. Dialga gets trick and goes BEFORE Smeargle to take out my sub. Smeargle hits both with Dark Void and its pretty down hill from there.
GG buddy.

I relinquish my trainer card to the lady in charge of exitting the battling area and meet up with all the others (Dragonfe, 5k, BlueCookies who also top 16'd, Elmo Top 32, AceTrainerRed etc.) So we stay wait for everyone to finish their match. Congratulate the top 4 and leave. Serendipity was nice and asked his dad to give me a ride to the subway station :). Thanks bro.

The Team
Lol Starcraft 2 NickNames

The Main Team

Rayquaza* Void Ray @ Life Orb
Hasty
-Protect
-Substitute
-Draco Meteor
-Extremespeed

Metagross * Immortal @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Trick
-Rock Slide
-Explosion

Shedinja * Sentry @Focus Sash
Lonely (first shiny +Attack nature that came up)
-Shadow Sneak
-X Scissor
-Protect
-Toxic

Kyogre * Carrier @Leftovers
Timid
-Water Spout
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Protect

The Subs (note that I never actually used my subs)

Infernape * Zealot @ Focus Sash (sub item)
Naive
-Heat Wave
-Low Kick
-Fake Out
-Encore

Giratina *Collosus @Haban Berry
Adamant
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Force
-Dragon Claw
-Protect

Random Pics that I stole from other people warstories

Me in the finalist lounge (EE's warstory) Human is on the right

I'm in the grey (Chalkey's warstory) Chalkey is in red, Elmo is playing him

I'm on the right, that's the awesome Falcon Shirt :) (stolen from BlueCookies Warstory) Dtrain is in the middle and bluecookies is on the left.

Props
-Met A LOT of cool people
-Making it to Top 16
-Shedinja being a boss
-Got driven home by Serendipity
-GO FALCONS
-BlueCookies finally stops calling me a nob.
-Realizing how fun it was and making me want to play 5th Gen.

Slops
-Parents nagging me about playing pokemon
-Dark Void for not letting my pokemon wake up
-Stomach cramps in the finalist lounge.
-so so Pizza.
-Fightgar and Dragonfe not making it to finalists lounge.
-Couldve played safer against Serendipity

good stuff dude. I was wondering what happened to fightgar until later i hear he left :(. Glad we all had a good time and hopefully this motivates me to play 5th gen lol.

i wasted 40 bucks on food yesterday x.x

go falcons! fly high nig

we went to some place called burger paradise or some shit like that and me and my sister didn't realize how much we spent until we got the bill i just went like "god fucking dammit!" lol. Guess i was that hungry.

Nice Warstory, congratulations on making the top 16! Was nice meeting you and everyone else in the finalists lounge!

Ah, I remember seeing you guys there. I was so shy, all I did was point to my badge if I remember correctly. Congrats on T16!

Shouldn't this be a slop? Haha

"-Couldve played safer against Serendipity"

Good game + sorry about the long sleeps. No problem for the ride, and I really do hope to see you at Nationals.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

TRIDARK SOOOOULS
TRIDARK SOOOOULS
HIS HEART IS A DARK AND AN EMPTY HOLE
LIKES POKEMON ANDA ROCKINROLL
TRIDARK
SOOOOOOOOOULS

yea boi!!
REPRESENT!!

TDS I loooooooove the Falcons shirt.

That is all.

You had better make it over to Indy!
Guess who made it?

Haha, TDS great story. It was awesome to meet with you, and once again congrats on top 16. Your team is fucking epic and I'm surprised it couldnt get top 4. GO FALCONS. You make me so proud :')

Awesome warstory. Good job on the top 16, also. It was nice that at least one of the people who were there at such an early time made it to the top. lol

And yeah that first round, my friend ran Groudon/Cress/Lugia/Metagross I think. I know I RNG'd half his team or at least the Metagross (from earlier this year). But anyway yeah sounds like he didn't do a terrible job against you? haha

Nice warstory TDS, too bad we didn't get to meet before we left.
Yip, sorry you couldn't get my attention, I was trying to deal with my stomach cramps, standing for like 4 hours straight

good stuff dude. I was wondering what happened to fightgar until later i hear he left :(. Glad we all had a good time and hopefully this motivates me to play 5th gen lol.

i wasted 40 bucks on food yesterday x.x

go falcons! fly high nig
Yeah, he found me and said bye when I was on line to buy crap pizza.
FALCONS

The hell did you eat, lobster? I spent about $11 on food and drink yesterday throughout the entire day, lol.
Close, he had shrimp -_-

Nice Warstory, congratulations on making the top 16! Was nice meeting you and everyone else in the finalists lounge!
Thanks, you too!

Do you know why they made us split up? I was very confused xD
Uh, I really don't know, It was great to meet you though!
Ah, I remember seeing you guys there. I was so shy, all I did was point to my badge if I remember correctly. Congrats on T16!
yeah, lolz, good to see you

lolololololol. I'll still call you simon yop. Congrats on Top 16, and hope you can make it to nats.
I can still call you roy ruzzi, I hope so too :/
Shouldn't this be a slop? Haha

"-Couldve played safer against Serendipity"

Good game + sorry about the long sleeps. No problem for the ride, and I really do hope to see you at Nationals.
Yeah, I moved it to the right place. I should've been prepared for misa room :(. I gotta get my parents to let me go to nats.

TRIDARK SOOOOULS
TRIDARK SOOOOULS
HIS HEART IS A DARK AND AN EMPTY HOLE
LIKES POKEMON ANDA ROCKINROLL
TRIDARK
SOOOOOOOOOULS

yea boi!!
REPRESENT!!
HAHA, you need to finish the song.

TDS I loooooooove the Falcons shirt.

That is all.

You had better make it over to Indy!
Why is that all? nothing more to say? :(

Guess who made it?

Haha, TDS great story. It was awesome to meet with you, and once again congrats on top 16. Your team is fucking epic and I'm surprised it couldnt get top 4. GO FALCONS. You make me so proud :')
I'm pretty sure I could've made top 4 or even top 2 if i had beaten cybertron, my team does well against Top Ogre teams although I'm not sure how I would've done against TTS.
GO FALCONS!

Awesome warstory. Good job on the top 16, also. It was nice that at least one of the people who were there at such an early time made it to the top. lol

And yeah that first round, my friend ran Groudon/Cress/Lugia/Metagross I think. I know I RNG'd half his team or at least the Metagross (from earlier this year). But anyway yeah sounds like he didn't do a terrible job against you? haha
Yeah he played well. He shouldve switch out cresselia though :(

congrats on making top 16!! You better find a way to come down to Nats. City boys represent lolol
I'm trying man! Asian parents dammit.
Great stuff. I like the modified leads. :) Hope to see you at nats.
Yep, Ray Meta FTW. I hope to see you at nats too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)