Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok people i need 2 more for my monofire run(man Mistys going be a b*** and so is brock) and i would like a starter please.
Also to elaborate more on my rules breeding was meant to mean that i can breed and send over pokemons, not breed for moves
*looks at Box*
sorry for any confusion
EDIT-Also last page before awards start:)
DOUBLE EDIT-I seriously need 2 more for my monofre run. The rules are 2 pages back
 
hi peeps! Been haunting the smogon forums for ages and finally decided to join! Well, i'm interested in a scramble challenge, so please give me your best!
I'll be playing on either HG or SS; depends on what pokemon you give me.

Some guidelines when giving me a pokemon:

1. I can't trade, so no trade-only/DPPt pokemon (this rule may or may not be applied).
2. All pokemon must be obtained before kanto/e4 (for example getting a houndour). You may suggest 2 pokemon, of which 1 is the replacement till i get that pokemon (like using growlithe till i get houndour).
3. Preferably a mixed-type team, or a completely monotype team (revolving around the starter's types).
3a. My team must have an eeveelution, but its type cannot clash with my starter (unless it's a monotype team)
4. You can go crazy with the details, so long as it isn't insane like soloing chuck with a furret.
5. My pokemon must be able to evolve (again, how they evolve is up to you).

First post! =D
 
Well, I thought that after a while I'd come here to ask for a final challenge.

- Platinum, no trading
- 8 Pokemon
- Not very hard
- Be creative
- I'd like IAR to give me one because his challenge at the top of this page is pretty much what I want my challenges to be
- I always reserve the right to reject one Pokemon (mostly when I've used it in recent playthroughs)
 
@zdrup15, i'd like to give it a shot!

Darky the Shinx. It thinks it's so cool, it must be equipped with a "cool" item (choice band/specs but not scarf, black glasses etc, whatever is "cool") at all times. It constantly tries to scare away the opponent in a battle, so it must have EITHER (or any combination of) roar, swagger or scary face at all times.

Furthermore, being the cool cat that it is, Darky must have 1 "cool" move at all times (the pokemon contest's "cool"). It must perform a cool move at least once per trainer it is sent out to, and can only evolve to luxio after defeating 10 pokemon with a cool move, and 25 pokemon to evolve to luxray.

Lastly, Darky as a shinx was very immature, it always solved problems with force. Therefore, it cannot use special attacks until after it evolves to a luxray.

Hope you like it =D
 
Zdrup15 and Marodin, because I am lazy, you both get Choice the Gyrados. You must select one move and keep it forever. This one move determines Choice's moveset. Flail: must know Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, and Dragon Rage. Tackle: must know Blizzard, Bite, and Thrash. Splash: must know Dragon Dance, Earthquake, and Waterfall. You two have a great day.
 
Marodin, take an Eevee and name it Eve if female or Evan if male.
This Eevee is fiercely loyal to it's type, so it can only use Normal-type moves.
When it evolves, and however it evolves (Up to you), it can only use Normal type moves and moves that match it's new type.
It must solo three Pokémon in the elite four, all three belonging to different trainers.
Good luck!


Zdrup15, take a Kricketot and name it Viola if female or Fiddle if male.
This tiny bug-type is just biding it's time until it evolves.
It must always keep Bide, and must solo a trainer-owned Pokémon with only Bide to evolve.

As a Kricketune, it becomes worried about it's future. It cannot attack if it is under 50% HP, because it is afraid of fainting.
However, if it soloes three trainer-owned Pokémon with only Bide, you can ignore the above restrictions and finally get rid of Bide (If you want) as it has realized it's true potential.


Pika25, take a Wooper from the Great Marsh.
This Wooper is constantly trying to heal itself with Water Absorb (even if it has Damp), so it can only use Water-type moves if it falls below 50% HP.
Good luck!
 
@Maxie, correct.
okay,Pika25,you get Meditate the Meditite. Meditate must Meditate every other turn to keep its power in check, and must solo 5 trainers at +4 or higher to evolve.

zdrup15, you get Elbig the Gible. Elbig should have Take Down as its main attacking move, so Elbig can never forget it unless a few minor things happen:
1) Win 2 normal contests, each in a different type.
2) Solo 1 gym leader without SE moves (excluding Candace), and 10 trainers.
3) Use Take Down against 50 different evolution lines.(either 1 or 2 members)
4) 2 moves must be special and kept that way once Take Down is gone.
Also, you get to have the other 3 moves be Sandstorm, Sand-Attack, and either Tackle or Dragon Rage if you don't decide to remove Take Down, and you get to use Take Down to KO yourself 5 times either way. Also, you must keep 1 of the above moves until you become a Gabite. To evolve, complete 2 of the above and solo any 1 gym leader NOT for the Take Down stuff.

When Elbig evolves, Rename him Etibag. All previous restrictions apply, and you are stuck with the move you chose unless you:
1)Finish up the Take Down restrictions.
2)Solo 10 more trainers
3)Get to level 35-40 before the 5th gym.
To evolve, complete the above and get the 6th badge.

When Etibag evolves, rename him Pmohcarg. All previous restrictions apply, and solo 6 E4 pokemon, 2 of which must be Cynthia's unless reserved. BTW, if I ever do a Sinnoh scramble and you want to give me this as a payback challenge, I'll take it, 'cause I love this challenge, its just simpleish and fun.BTW, thanks to IAR for the inspiration for this challenge.

Marodin, you get IAMNOTAWEAKLING(even though you may want to kill me) the Sentret(IANAW for short). IANAW, when he was little, his family was always called weaklings, so he decided to join you to show those wretched other mean Furret who's boss. IANAW must solo every furret in the game, and must solo 3 gym leaders, one of which must be Morty(with foresight, of course). IANAW must also solo every trainer with a Furret, and 15 others, to show his superiority. To evolve, win 25 pokeathalons with IANAW, to show those pesky Furret he is not a weakling!!!!

Once he evolves, though, he matures so he must now KO, not solo, but KO, every Furret you face, along with 5GLMP's(Gym leader's main pokemon). Win 25 pokeathalons with IANAW as a Furret to prove that maturity beats struggle every time. His new mission is to find his parents, and tell them that he has did it, he made their dreams come true, so you must now go and catch 10 furret, and find the 2 that have the closest natures to him, and are 1 male and 1 female. These are his parents, are to each be named Champion, and must be revered in every way, never faint, and just for props, go ahead and sing "We are the Champions" every time IANAW or his parents enter battle. Solo any member of the E4 each time, and any 2 of red's pokemon. If you'd like, use a Hoothoot with the same restrictions, and his parents are Noctowl. Good luck to all, and there is not much to say except DARN YOU HAX!! about my RU scramble so far. Oh, and yes, I do love crazy histories that nobody ever appreciates :*(
 
Zdrup15 and Marodin, because I am lazy, you both get Choice the Gyrados. You must select one move and keep it forever. This one move determines Choice's moveset. Flail: must know Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, and Dragon Rage. Tackle: must know Blizzard, Bite, and Thrash. Splash: must know Dragon Dance, Earthquake, and Waterfall. You two have a great day.
thanks! But... wow tough. Splash it is D:


Marodin, take an Eevee and name it Eve if female or Evan if male. This Eevee is fiercely loyal to it's type, so it can only use Normal-type moves.
When it evolves, and however it evolves (Up to you), it can only use Normal type moves and moves that match it's new type.
It must solo three Pokémon in the elite four, all three belonging to different trainers.
Good luck!
I think umbreon will be awesome with this haha!

So my team so far:

"Choice" the Gyarados: must select one move and keep it forever. This one move determines Choice's moveset. Flail: must know Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, and Dragon Rage. Tackle: must know Blizzard, Bite, and Thrash. Splash: must know Dragon Dance, Earthquake, and Waterfall.
"Eve/Evan" the Eevee: is fiercely loyal to it's type, so it can only use Normal-type moves. When it evolves, and however it evolves (Up to you), it can only use Normal type moves and moves that match it's new type.
It must solo three Pokémon in the elite four, all three belonging to different trainers.
Am waiting for a starter! haha.
 
@Marodin: You get Physical the Koffing. It's disappointed that its attack stat is higher than its special attack stat despite having one of the most shallow physical movepools in history (with no STAB, no less). Therefore, it cannot use anything but physical attacks until it soloes Chuck (or Morty to make it easier), at which point it can evolve. It can now use one special or status move. If it soloes Jasmine, it can use one more.

Optional: It cannot have a -Atk nature (Timid, Calm, Modest, or Bold).
 

Jimera0

You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnus
EDIT: here we are! Decided not to give Marodin a starter because I had a really good idea for something else...

Pika25, you get Darkhead the Girafarig. On this Girafarig, it's the head on the tail that does all the thinking, and it is PURE EVIL! Therefore it must always have a dark or ghost type attack all times, and use it at the start of every battle. It's not much of a team player and views all its teammates as unworthy minions. As such, it may never use any moves that benefit its teammates, such as baton pass or the screens.

Marodin, you get BAZZUP! The Mareep. BAZZUP! Loves making things sizzle and pop with electricity, and as such must have pure electric type. Have it Solo Bugsy to evolve. The sizzling and popping of the insects getting zapped satisfies its urge to make things sizzle a little bit, so now it can have 2 moves that aren't electric type. After a while it begins to desire the popping of cooking insects again, so have it solo 10 trainer owned bug type Pokemon with nothing but electric attacks to evolve it again. After this it begins to realize that it's being a sick sadistic bastard and stops trying murder everything with electricity. It decides to actually devote its abilities to winning rather than fufilling his own sadistic pleasures, and decides the best way is to have as many different type moves as possible. From the point it evolves onward, it must have no two moves the same type (ASAP).

zdrup15, take Gigaderp the Magmar. Gigaderp is well, a derp. He's not so good with type effectiveness, and so must never use a super-effective move his first attack. However after he does this you yell at him a bit, he just does what you say and uses the proper move. This restriction can be removed if he manages to solo Candice and Byron, to show him what types he IS effective against. After that he finally catches on and *gasp* has no restrictions at all! If you manage to pull this off, he has a good shot of becoming your MVP!
 
Jimera, what about a nice update? Sorry for being so impatiant; I love your updates and am super excited for the next one. Oh, and a reminder to zdrup, pika, and marodin to look up this page for more challenges.
 

Jimera0

You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnus
*Blush* I'm flattered, I didn't realize that everyone was actually reading them, much less anticipating them so much.

Unfortunately there's little to no chance I'd be able to finish a chapter before we get to page 498... But I have a solution!

I'll just edit this post with the story when I'm done the chapter! That way I can get one more update in before this gets closed and Mark II takes its place. Either way you're going to have to wait a few hours though, I haven't played at all since finishing the last chapter. Patience my friends :P.

EDIT1: Axmaster68, what do you mean by "sig" them exactly? Do you mean I put them all in one post, then link to that post in my signature? or something else?
EDIT2: Alright since everyone wants me to put them in my sig I shall start doing that once mark II comes along. I'm about half way through Chapter 7 right now, so expect me to post the next chapter in a couple hours of so. Thanks for all the compliments and encouragement, I put a lot of effort into these so it's nice to hear that so many people are enjoying them!
EDIT3: Oh, and yeah Oh My Biscuits, I know that I can do that :P in fact before I read your post I had already written a section talking about it XD. It's just a question of what's easier to tolerate: Not evolving Charming OR Bulbus until Bulbus hits level 42 or having Vine Whip/Giga Drain (low PP is a big issue) until after the 7th gym. I go into more detail in my update on how I make my choice :P
EDIT4: Ok this update is turning out to be very long, so be ready to read a lot when it's ready. Another hour and I should be done.
 
Jimera, you should sig your updates so we can read all of them anytime :)
I hope you guys like my main updates like that when I get a new game. Maybe I'll get Diamond for Scrambling or something.
 
I agree with Axmaster68; Jimera0, your posts always make me laugh and have enough "meat" to actually be considered to be read. Also, I wanna see how Bulbus is doing. Just so you know, if you evolve him, you can go to the move relearner to get Razor Leaf instead of Vine Whip.
 
To make a long final update before mk2 short: Chuck's Primeape nearly haxed my team to death with Double Team, taking down Blossom, BunBun, TucknRoll, and Reaper. I sent out GODCHU with dread against a +6 evasion Primape and selected Thunderbolt.......it hits!!!! I then procede to OHKO Poliwrath with Volt Tackle.
 
I will accept everyone so far... except if I don't fish, Wooper will be the only team member available from Route 212 South. And I'm not going to fish. Can someone else provide me with someone else from GM? Someone like Skorupi, Carnivine, or Croagunk. Also the Pikachu line is all that's left for the Trophy Garden, similarly for Wingull on Route 213 and Hippo in Ruin Maniac Cave. Will edit the master list, but I will c&p it onto Mk2 once it opens up.
 
-_- i still need my final pokemon people.
Rules:
1. I can reject
2. I want a mono fire team please
3. I only trade to evolve
4. I can breed them if i have too
5. Please dont post Evs for them
6. No evolution restrictions
As long as its not a Flareon, Houndour, Cyndaquil, Magmar or Slugma.
Team:
1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Endquote
Team Magma Boss Maxie, take a Slugma and name it Obsidian.
This Slugma likes to cause widespread chaos, so it must spread across enemy ranks.
It can only use status-causing moves or moves with a secondary chance of status against foes with no status condition.

It must give status ailments to at least four gym-leader-owned Pokémon and at least three Pokémon in the elite four.

Good luck!

2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat King Serperior
Magma Boss, quickly take BBQ the Flareon. The only restriction is your restriction: mono-fire ASAP.

3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Axmaster68
@Team Magma Boss Maxie, you get BurnFireBlaze(bonus points if you can guess the reference) the Houndour. Must use nasty plot before attacking, and must have only 1 special attack. Solo Blaine for your 15th badge and Erika for your 12th badge, and to evolve, use nasty plot against 55 evolution lines, with either 1 or 2 members(your choice) each. Good luck

4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Jimera0
@Magma Boss
Take a Magmar named Smokey. Smokey loves smoke, and therefore must always use Smokescreen whenever it's brought into battle. Also, if you accept Box's Cyndaquil, the two hate each other for obvious reasons, and if they happen to get sent out into a double battle alongside each other, they must fight each other until one of them faints before either is allowed to attack the enemy Pokemon (though attacks like Lava Plume can be used to hit everything). So, yeah, try not to accidentally send them out together eh?

5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Box

Boss, take a Cyndaquil and name him Eco.

Eco is super green and totally conservation-savvy, therefore he is deeply concerned on the matter of incomplete burning of hydrocarbons and such. He is also aware of global warming and plays his part to mitigate the effects as far as possible.

As a result, he must adhere to the following rules:
- Eco can never use any Fire move bar Overheat, because Overheat cleanly burns everything into ash and is simply heat radiating from his body
- Smokescreen and Toxic may not be used under any circumstance as it pollutes the environment.

- Eco must always know Sunny Day and must always use Sunny Day to brighten up the atmosphere at the beginning of every battle. If the weather changes for some reason, Eco must switch in to change it back as far as possible.

Edit: I was 6 seconds faster than Maxie. Hurrah!

6.
EDIT-Awards begin now, but i still want my final poke please
 
Status
Not open for further replies.