Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DesignOfAges
Um, I think I said no trading so, null.

@Maxknight
Done, just trying to get the two physical moves thing done.

Current team
Spearow; Beaks

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will start a challenge on both Emerald and FireRed
Rules
-No evolution requirements
-Max Three Move Restrictions
-Must have at least two pokemon available before second gym.

Let me have it.

@TexasClover
For Emerald: A Tropius named Hotpocket, but you may not teach it any HMs and it must be within 5 levels of your highest level.

I will start a challenge on both Emerald and FireRed
Rules

Let me have it.
For Emerald, get a Zubat, name it Dracula, it must always know either Leech Life or Giga Drain.

(I know the rules say one Pokemon per person per post but these are two separate games so...)

For FireRed, take a Gyarados, name it Drachen you cannot teach it Dragon Rage.

Jrat, get a Treecko, it must learn Mega Drain before evolving into a Grovyle and must keep it until it evolves into a Sceptile, where you can only delete it if you teach it Giga Drain.

So, it looks like my team will be:
Dustox named Mothra. I MUST evolve a Wurmple into it, and if it becomes a Silcoon, reset the entire file.
Female Makuhita named Maki Maki. It Can evolve only after soloing one of Winona's pokemon. Must have the move attract and must use attract whenever facing the opposite sex.
Wingull who I shall name Pippi. It isn't allowed to learn any moves by level-up, except the ones I get when I catch it. I can only evolve it once it's forgotten the moves it had when caught.
Loudred (haven't decided on a name for it yet). It must know Uproar forever and cannot evolve to Exploud until I am already battling the Elite 4.
Aggron, it must always know at least two Steel attacks and I can't teach it any physical moves by TM or Move Tutor.
Treecko. It must learn Mega Drain before evolving into a Grovyle and must keep it until it evolves into a Sceptile, where I can only delete it if you teach it Giga Drain.

I probably start around 1-2 CST, I also being recording and uploading to youtube.com.

Pokemon Sapphire Challenge - Update #1

For those who don't remember or don't want to look back, here's my assigned team:

-Slakoth M (Naptime): Solo Roxanne; evolve into Vigoroth only after soloing one of Brawly's; evolve into Slaking ASAP; keep Yawn throughout; teach it Rest ASAP and keep the move from then on

-Gulpin (Heartburn): Must solo Wattson's Magnemite or Magneton to evolve into Swalot; cannot learn Sludge Bomb

-Wingull (Gulliver): Must solo one of Wattson's Pokemon to evolve into Pelipper (no items used); Teach Shockwave ASAP and use it as first move and twice against any ground types it fights

-Shroomish (Shrooms): Must solo one of Flannery's while under level 38 to evolve into Breloom

-Spoink: Only 1 attacking move; Must solo one of the Elite 4 to evolve into Grumpig

-Mudkip (HATRED): Cannot learn Surf; Cannot evolve into Marshtomp until it learns Hydro Pump

I've already gotten Mudkip, Wingull, Shroomish, and Slakoth, with the first three being female and the last being the required male (it took a hell of a long time to find one though...)

Anyways, I just solo'd Roxanne with Naptime the Slakoth, and it was really easy. All I had to do was grind up to level 19, when Slakoth learns Faint Attack. The grinding part wasn't too bad; the tediousness was due to Slakoth's low leveling speed rather than it's ability (since it ends up being that you OHKO 99.9% of the wild pokemon with Cut). So yeah, I'm going to get the damn Goods next, then head to Dewford for the second part of Naptime's evolution condition: soloing one of Brawly's pokemon.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rules

Emerald
Zubat, Dracula, it must always know either Leech Life or Giga Drain
Tropius named Hotpocket, but you may not teach it any HMs and it must be within 5 levels of your highest level

FireRed
Gyarados, Drachen you cannot teach it Dragon Rage

Teams so far.

Update - Just recorded an hour worth of footage only to find out I was recording the wrong part of screen. So my first video will start right before Roxanne.

Still has Spore though, and leech seed, so it's not too bad -- just to clarify, I mean moves which get STAB, not all grass/fight moves.

EDIT: It also has Iron Tail and Thunderpunch (tutor only, though), and fury cutter (lol)

Still has Spore though, and leech seed, so it's not too bad -- just to clarify, I mean moves which get STAB, not all grass/fight moves.

EDIT: It also has Iron Tail and Thunderpunch (tutor only, though), and fury cutter (lol)
Remember, Texas is doing this in Emerald, so Thunderpunch is still special (though for my first Pal Park I did teach my Breloom the move). lol at 60 special attack. i guess you could use Stun Spore too...and Mega Kick/Punch (how are those NOT fighting moves...?) and Double Edge through tutoring...

Texas Cloverleaf

Rules
Emerald
Zubat, Dracula, it must always know either Leech Life or Giga Drain
Tropius named Hotpocket, but you may not teach it any HMs and it must be within 5 levels of your highest level
Breloom that can't learn any STAB moves except Mach Punch and Absorb
Makuhita and name it muscles. It must learn belly drum and focus energy.
FireRed
Gyarados, Drachen you cannot teach it Dragon Rage
Teams so far.

Emerald has greater development. More people doing the challenge in Hoenn I guess.

Texas, take a Charmeleon for Fire Red, and don't evolve it (unless that counts as an 'evolution requirement', in which case you just won't teach it Flamethrower).

My own challenge is progressing as expected...my Slakoth earned her right to evolve by taking out Brawly's Machop, and I'm currently in Mauville...Wattson is providing the expected roadblock, since even though Gulpin can easily take out Magnemite by himself, Wingull is another story. Fortunately, if I can score a crit Water Gun on Voltorb it should OHKP, so it's only a matter of time. I should note that the only reason I'm even bothering to try and evolve Wingull is because I don't want to resort to an HM Slave for Surf.

My scramble challenge team has given me a Female Pachirisu, Steel Wormadam, Shiny Female Roselia, Male Espeon, Shiny Female Lopunny, and Male Pink Gastrodon... Can anyone help me think of nicknames for them? And not just puns--nicknames that make a theme like French Desserts or Biblical whores or something!
I'd really prefer if they stuck to personality/gender!

Texas:
FireRed: Get a Vaporeon, it must always know Helping Hand and you can't get Ice Beam from the Game Corner to teach it to it (any other Ice Beam TM you find is fine).

Emerald: Get a Machamp, it must know Dynamic Punch.

Update: I'm fighting Team Galctic in Veilstone with this team:

Shellos - Lv. 41 (F) - Quiet - Sticky Hold - Surf/Body Slam/Mud Bomb/Hidden Power
Bibarel (Big Mouth) - Lv. 41 (F) - Lonely - Unaware - Strength/Surf/Water Gun/Rock Smash
Torterra (Qat) - Lv. 41 (F) - Jolly - Overgrow - Wood Hammer/Rock Climb/Bite/Leech Seed
Tropius - Lv. 41 (M) - Bold - Chlorophyll - Magical Leaf/Razor Leaf/Body Slam/Whirlwind
Kadabra - Lv. 42 (M) - Timid - Inner Focus - Psychic/Confusion/Reflect/Teleport
Medicham (Om) - Lv. 44 (F) - Lonely - Pure Power - Hi Jump Kick/Force Palm/Fire Punch/Confusion

Surprisingly, Shellos hasn't been that bad despite being a NFE Pokemon.

@ Texas
in FireRed get an Oddish (Vileplume whatever) and name it Steve if it is male or Sarah if female. It must solo at least 3 gym leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)