The Single Battle Metagame (GBU)

It seems people have been underestimating this Hitmonlee set
Hitmonlee@Normal gem
Trait: Unburden
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 atk/4 spd/ 252 spe

Fake out
High jump kick (May switch to close combat)
Stone edge
Earthquake

It's just....wow. He's outsped Kingdras in rain, a Dragonite that Dragon danced twice, Excadrills in sand, choice scarfers...

I used to have trouble with Multiscale Dragonite, but not anymore, as most will try to set up in my face only to discover their +1 isn't faster.

It seems people have been underestimating this Hitmonlee set
Hitmonlee@Normal gem
Trait: Unburden
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 atk/4 spd/ 252 spe

Fake out
High jump kick (May switch to close combat)
Stone edge
Earthquake

It's just....wow. He's outsped Kingdras in rain, a Dragonite that Dragon danced twice, Excadrills in sand, choice scarfers...

I used to have trouble with Multiscale Dragonite, but not anymore, as most will try to set up in my face only to discover their +1 isn't faster.
I tried it and it works fairly well but I've had some bad luck with stone edge, such as on a multiscale dragonite, but when it hits, it destroys. I am currently forgoing it for a bulky Cobalion lead but I haven't tested it yet.

I know this was touched on earlier in the thread but disconnecting totally spoils this mode of playing. I have more fun when I lose than when I'm going to win with the high quantities of D/C'ing. Today's Tally: 16 D/Cs.

EDIT:Btw, I am using Close Combat over Hi Jump Kick as he is too frail to take a hit anyway.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
How common is stealth rocks in this format? With the upcoming unovadex wifi tournament, I need to get a team ready, and I've very rarely played anything other than GBU doubles.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How common is stealth rocks in this format? With the upcoming unovadex wifi tournament, I need to get a team ready, and I've very rarely played anything other than GBU doubles.
Most of the time it's only people who are used to Smogon metagames who use entry hazards. That's not to say they're not useful, just not as effective.

Entry Hazards are fairly rare, maybe 5% of battles have them. If you are talking about the 2013 Spring Friendly, I personally am using atleast stealth rocks as you can almost guarantee a huge amount of teams will be packing Kyurem.

Has anyone else seen this thing where after the Team Preview/Select Screen, a different team to what you have selected is used in place? It's happened to me twice and screwed things up (like when my lead would counter theirs)?

Or maybe its just my internet?

What kind of gimmicky stuff is seen on here? I know copycat riolu is like a rare sight but will win if you can't beat it. What king of gimmicks could be used if team preview wasn't on

I use mainly: dragonite, metagross, and blaziken. (Umbreon, breloom, and thundurus are also there, but i never actually use them)

Dragonite resists all of metagross' weaknesses and metagross covers all of dragonite's weaknesses, and blaziken can switch in when one of them dies and win.

Dragonite has dragon dance, dragon claw, extreme speed, and earthquake, and carries the lum berry. 252 speed, 252+ attack, 4 hp. General DD-nite really.
Metagross runs bullet punch, meteor mash, zen headbutt, and also has EQ, but there is probably a better option than that. Like thunder punch or something. It carries the choice band, 252+ attack, 252 hp, 4 speed. It does a shitload of damage straight off the bat and can take most physical hits very well.
Blaziken has protect, swords dance, flare blitz, and hi-jump kick, and it carries the focus sash. Do not give it any other item! It's needed in this tier!. You can swords dance right in front of nearly anything and sweep what dragonite or metagross hasn't killed.
I won about 25 matches in a row on showdown with this and got to 6th. I find that putting a sash on one pokemon really helps. Just a tip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)