1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Ubers Open I - FINALS [Won by McMeghan]

Discussion in 'Smogon Grand Slam' started by bojangles, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

[​IMG]

It’s finally time for the most anticipated tournament of the year, the Ubers Open. Good luck to everybody as we begin our journey to find out who can harness the true biblical power of the Leviathan, Kyogre, and the Behemoth, Groudon. Remember: the only things bigger than Uber Pokemon are the penises of Ubers players.

Tournament Rules:
    • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
    • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
    • Standard BW2 Ubers
    • Best of three, single elimination.
    • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Ubers ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown (lol)
    • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round (lol)
    • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*

A bunch of rulings I expect you all to read (open)
    Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kinds of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose; simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
    • Evasion Clause
    • OHKO Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Timed Battle
    • Team Preview

Finals Matchups:

JabbaTheGriffin vs davidness

JabbaTheGriffin vs McMeghan

davidness vs McMeghan

No deadline, just get it done.
  2. SoulWind

SoulWind
    is a Tiering Contributoris a SPL Winner

uhh 3 good battlers nice final..

gotta go with davidness because he's just a boss in Ubers
  3. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

jabba
    mcm cause jabbathechoker
    mcm
  4. Malekith

Malekith
    is a Community Contributoris a SPL Winner

DAVIDNESS
  5. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

lol great finals, I spent five minutes thinking about my pick to win it

gotta go with McMeghan though, he's the grand slam master
  6. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

3-way tie, indefinitely.
  7. Alexander.

Alexander. Banned deucer.

8. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

9. WhiteQueen

WhiteQueen boner dethroner
    is a SPL Winner

Mcmeghan is a freak
  10. Sujiro Kifuja

Sujiro Kifuja

11. dragonuser

dragonuser The only thing I look up to is the sky
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Pyramid Kingis a Past WCoP Winner

12. Kennen

Kennen dont you worry child

davidness
  13. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

This will be good. McMeghan but davidness can clutch it!
  14. FelixMinamimoto

FelixMinamimoto

McMeghan vs. Davidness
  15. Fiction.

Fiction.

McMeghan.
  16. Delko

Delko "ghost mod"
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Haha, Mcm is a beast >:)
  17. Go10

Go10 Storm Vanguard !

McBlowjob got this, make me proud son.
  18. Xelx

Xelx
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

BOSSNESS
  19. llvallejoll

llvallejoll

20. Pkrs

Pkrs

davidness > ALL UBER PLAYERS
  21. Zebraiken

Zebraiken is it true what they say, that words are weapons?
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    NU Co-Leader

poor jabba, getting no love

McMeghan
  22. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

McMeghan
  23. Twannes

Twannes

McBoss ofc
  24. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

McM or Jabba
  25. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

meggers obvi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)