The Well #47 - Birkal

Status
Not open for further replies.
ud here, just dropping in to say hi, ask you how your day is going, and congratulate you on finally getting your turn in the well.

if pluto was a planet would you do it (if not why)

if you could transform into something what kind of transformation scene do you envision going through (you know, like digivolution or idk, something like this)

also what would you transform into

Is the vast quantity of /pets you receive enough to quench your hunger for attention?

If it's more than enough have you thought about donating those /pets to less priviledged users?

edit:

01:35 Birkal steamroll
01:35Birkal pet me >:|
01:36 Steamroll pet Birkal
01:36 Birkal good
01:36 Birkal now
01:36 Birkal as you recommended
01:36 Birkal pet some underprivledged users
01:36 Steamroll lol
01:36 Birkal how about...
01:36 Birkal MrE

As guildmaster Wigglytuff once said "Truly bad pokemon... don't really exist anywhere"

How far do you think this can be applied to humans?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Screw the pictures I have a well to write

What's your earliest memory from childhood?
I remember preschool. There was one of those big plastic houses to play in; I remember hanging out in there all the time. I had a bunch of little lions, tigers, and gorillas that I would push out the window and I remember that would make me very happy :> We also had nap time and I'd sleep on my The Lion King sleeping bad. I wish we still had nap time.

If you were suddenly extremely rich, what would you do with all that dough? :O
Well, I'd save a lot of it to rack up some interest. First, I'd help out some family members who need a bit of cash; I have a few cousins that need some finances to make ends meet at the moment. I'd give a lot to my immediate family and friends. Donate a bunch to my high school, my college, my local library, and my church(es). Give a gift to each of my friends. It might sound nerdy, but I might even consider throwing some money at getting more programmers for Smogon.

For myself? Get some video games, a new wakeboard, get some stuff for my new car, buy some shows and music. Probably get a bunch of really comfy couches because they're awesome to sit on. I'D BUY A TRAMPOLINE I'VE ALWAYS WANTED ONE AND I'D PUT IT IN A POOL RRRRGRHGH. And grape soda. So. Much. Grape. Soda.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be??? :OOO
Telekinesis, which is the ability to move anything with my mind. A lot of other superpowers can be derived from this if you're creative enough ;)

If given the opportunity to go skydiving, would you do it?
Absolutely. I'm not scared of heights at all, so I'd totally be game. I actually have a group of really good friends that has gone the past two summers. The only reason I haven't is because I've been busy with work. I will definitely go someday though =)

Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
Follower by nature, leader if necessary. I like to play more of a passive role in terms of supporting a team. It's fun to be more of a creative center that throws out good ideas to the leader and the rest of the team to utilize. I definitely have the ability to lead though, and I'll do so when no one else steps up to lead.

What are your thoughts on the theory of evolution?
Honestly? I'm not sure. As a scientist, I think it's really interesting and the theory gets a lot of things rights. I'm excited to learn more about it in my college years. As someone who guides himself after the Bible, I don't find any evidence of evolution within it. There's a bunch of literature that I want to read on it that I'll probably get around to this weekend!

It occurs to me that a Well is a pretty good place to do market research.
No shame, Zarel. No shame.

With that in mind:

What is your favorite PS feature?
It goes without saying that its ability to implement CAPs so effortlessly is by far my favorite part. PO was giving us so many headaches (we had to replace existing mons with CAPs, for those of you who didn't know), so it's awesome that PS! lets us put them on so easily. I can never extend enough gratitude towards bmelts and yourself for all the love you give us in CAP. We love you guys <3

What is your least favorite PS feature?
I wish that PMs were improved. The current system has a limit on how many you can have, and the system just seems clunky. I don't have a good recommendation for how to fix it (perhaps windows would work), but it just seems odd. I wish it had notifications, like battle challenges with the Chrome app.

What feature that PS currently lacks would you like to have the most?
Warstory Generator (and logs) would be awesome for Smogon Metagames, but it sounds like you're almost done with that~

Other than that, really excited to see some work on doubles. And /color.

Hey Birkal :D
Hey man, happy birthday a few days ago =)

One badge that you would like to get?
Hmm. Probably tutor. I'd like to get involved there someday because I love to teach. Maybe I'll consider it in the future if my schedule is less busy.

If you could make one change to the site what would it be?
I wish that we were way more accepting of new users. Our mantra of "lurk more" isn't really feasible anymore in an age where we're trying to encourage posting. Seeing people being dicks to new users and their efforts, whether it be on the forums or IRC, is really dumb and doesn't support Smogon's community. If we're not nice to new users, then who will be?

Your favourite OU battler(s)?
Ugh, I need to watch more battles. Love alphatron's warstories that he used to post in OU. ginganinja gives me cool teams, so I like that. IFM is cool because I like how he plays and I got to know him pretty well through Dream World. Love Stone_Cold's teams in RMT too; he is the best battler in the world, after all.

Do you believe in Evolution through Creation?
The Bible definitely doesn't support it (Genesis story), but I don't think it doesn't allow it. I personally don't believe in it, but I don't not believe it either. It's something I'd have to research more to get a solid opinion. To be frank, it has little to do with what I believe, both scientifically and religiously. I can still go about my work just fine in the science world (at least for now) without needing to know for sure how the world began. Similarly, I can still be a Christian and just trust that God knows how it happened and that it's not necessarily my business.

Am I or am I not the coolest user you've ever had the chance to chat with?
Too cool. I need to know you more though; let's chat on IRC sometime~

I think this question is extremely relevant:

BIRKAI <-the letter "i"????

or

BIRKAL <-the letter "l"????
Birkal (the letter L) is desirable. I did, however, happen to snag BirkaI on IRC recently, so screw you Fatecrashers >:|

Also we should hang out sometime, seeing as we live only, what, 1 state apart?
Haha I dunno where you live! You'd have to let me know first.

WHAT'S UP NOW BIRKAL :D
Nothing much! Just got done with a MASSIVE homework dump, but now I'm pretty much done with school for a week. It's going to be very relaxing. Now I'm just enjoying my well and a good glass of raspberry soda =D!

is zarel abusing the concept of wells in favor of ps??
It's possible. I don't mind though; I hope he and the PS! staff know they can ask me for feedback or thoughts whenever they like. I'd love to talk with them about this stuff =)

also cyclohm is the best in batcap <3
son have you EVEN playeD FIDGIT

can i get bojangleslullaby pls im a cute user ^_^
Not seeing the connection... Yes, you are a cute user. No, you can't get bojangles' lullaby.

remember that avatar you made for me?? i lost the link :(

what is your favourite scene in an action movie
[youtube]y-cpoOexSys[/youtube]

Howdy Birkal =)
hiya

Who is your favorite #shinx user?
If you haven't noticed, I'm not a big fan of #shinx just because it's SO active and it can be tough to get in a word. Still love all you guys though <3 If I had to pick a favorite... I'd probably pick LightBlue. She's levelheaded and really easy to get along with. That's why she's my right-hand lady~

What style of battling are you fond of?
I hate stall and am not a huge fan of balanced, so I tend to lean offensive. Generally, I prefer bulky offense over hyper, but whatever works I s'pose. In terms of weather, I really enjoy Sun, Hail, and weatherless.

Remember that time where I beat you in a random battle? Are you out of the denial stage yet?
Pretty sure I whooped you like 3-0 or something

Do you ever feel you spend too much time on a a Pokemon site, when 1/3 of your life is gone.
I actually only spend around 2 hours on Smogon each day, so it's definitely not that much. Like I said before, I check it frequently from my phone, but don't do a lot of posting until the evening. Some days I spend less if I'm busy, or more if I'm doing something time-consuming like art.

Where did you meet my brother in college?
We met freshman year! We're both music majors and he's an impossibly nice guy. We were in the same choir, so we got to know each other through that and became friends pretty quickly.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What do you think of me?
You asked for it. I think you're a great contributor with lots of good thoughts. However, your poor attitude and hotheadedness can really prevent people from seeing your opinions. You go out of your way to be rude or even annoying at times, and it's just confusing. If you could work on zippin' the lip before you cross the line, I'm sure you'd be more appreciated for the work you do. Overall, I like you though. You got spunk, kid ;O

How creepy am I compared to this folg person?
Well... you'd have to tell me some of the creepy things that you've done first!

Boxers or briefs?
Boxers. Wore briefs until the start of high school, when I decided to make the shift. Boxer briefs are fine on a rare occasion, but I generally prefer boxers. I need to buy some new ones though; these ones roll up my leg sometimes. You know what I mean? I hate that.

What would you say your favorite battle was?
There's a really awesome battle of Pocket fighting in Ubers that I love to death for some reason that I can't really pin down. He was running spikestacking offense headed by Dragon Tail Giratina-O. I guess it was cool to see someone who had recently learned a tier wreck a regular on the ladder. It was a good battle, but Pocket made some nuts predictions. Ask me about it on IRC sometime; I'll grab you the log.

What is your favorite playstyle?
Posted about this about. Generally offense is my favorite, with bulky offense and then hyper offense following.

What is you never what how do if can?
How if you never can do what if isn't even you thought once it could you should?

How do you think smogon could improve as a site?
We need to get some great programmers access to work on our site. A lot of stuff is painfully basic or outdated; we're sorely due for a revamp. Programming isn't in my skill set, but I'd be more than willing to help coordinate stuff and draw artwork for it!

What pokemon game really got you into the franchise?
First post in this well! Pokemon Blue when I was seven or eight. Been hooked since~

Finally, what got you into art?
Problem Sleuth. Used to regular their forums, where people make their own Choose Your Own Adventures. It's a really cool set up; y'all should check out their Forum Adventures forum. I loved reading and commenting on adventures, so I decided to buy a tablet and start my own. Mine were pretty successful and I kinda have a veteran status there now, haha.

please utilize this technology (if you want to)
Since you asked if I want to (and I do not), I will not!

If you had 4 miles (6.4 km) of velcro, what would you do with it?
I'd buy a huge plot of land. On it, I'd build a big, cube building that was completely hollow but had sturdy walls. I'd cover the entire interior and exterior with the velcro. Then I'd make velcro suits, gloves, and shoes. I'd throw in like some trampolines, some basketball hoops, and some other fun stuff. I'd then open "Birkal's Velcro Adventureland" which would be a huge way for me to make money; I'd have it made~

Gonna visit Singapore/Asia any time? :|
As I've said before, I love to travel! If I had the money and time, I'd definitely do it. I've heard lovely things about Singapore specifically, so that'd be on my "to go" list if I ever visited Asia.

Do you prefer Π, Φ or e?
Dunno what they mean. I guess I'd go with Π because it looks like a little house and I would sit under it in the rain. The picture is very bucolic in my mind's eye; trust me. It'd be a pretty painting.

Opinion on the phrase "to do a Birkal"?
What in the world for serious what is this supposed to mean??

Birkal [n]
1 a user on forums Smogon.com Birkal's really cool, you know
2 a deserter; a defector verb to do a Birkal I thought he was playing for us, but he did a Birkal and joined our opponents!
OH WOW OK I SEE HOW IT IS GEEZ

But meh. I only deserted because I wanted to bring more people into the Orange League. Aaaand I haven't won any points for my team. It's like I did you a favor instead ;)

Would you club a spheal if given the chance?
Absolutely not!! It's adorable and should not be clubbed under any circumstance.

Would you consider team rating?
Yeah, I actually used to do a bit of this at the start of my Smogon career. I love the meaningful feedback and critiques that the guys down there give; I do lurk there quite a bit. If I had more time, I'd definitely want to get involved in RMT.

Have you ever played RU?
Nope! Just like the above question, I'd love to play it if I had some time. It sounds like a really interesting tier that I'd give a whirl.

Would you go to england if you could?
Absolutely. My sister went there several years ago, and she had an absolute ball. I love to travel and it sounds like such a cool place to visit, both historically and culturally. I will definitely visit there before I die. I will also buy some of your candy bars because ok wow they are delicious.

(BTW, I really enjoy your posts in OU and CAP.)
Hey wow, that's a big compliment! Thank you so much =)

Are you addicted to this site?
I personally don't think so, but this is a pretty poor question to ask someone to reflect on about themselves. I have the ability to not go on the site for days if I felt like it. However, I have responsibilities here, and I really dislike when leaders go inactive for little to no warning. If I gave people some warning that I'd be out for a day or two, then I have absolutely no problem leaving.

If Smogon shut down forever, would you have no problem filling that time you spend on here with other things?
Yep! I've always wanted to draw a web comic, so I'd probably find the time to do that if Smogon went down forever. I'd also get more time to compose music, so that'd be a cool deal.

Have you ever listened to trance music?
Yeah, a few of my friends are really into it back home. I can appreciate it and think it's cool, but it's definitely not my personal style of music.

Apologies if I'm coming off like a bigot (not my intention), it's just that religious reasoning always intrigues me.
Put this quote first because I wanted to respond to it first. Don't ever feel bad for asking someone for their opinions on religion! It's something people should be open to talking about. I take absolutely no offense in your comments =)

So if I'm interpreting this correctly, God is an absolute truth because God's existence is absolute? If so how do you determine that God's existence is absolute?
I think that if it was possibly to absolutely prove God's existence, then we'd essentially have no free will and the entire point of choosing to accept him would be gone. If we could scientifically prove that God exists, then literally everyone would go to him, but it wouldn't be off of trust or faith, it'd just be science. There's a large faith component to believing in Jesus, and that would be destroyed if we could ever prove it absolutely.

Isn't truth quantified by reference to facts or reality? If you agree with this definition (which is pretty much the standard definition i think) then a truth must be provable, so how can we determine God's existence is a truth? If you disagree with this definition how do you determine/define what a 'truth' is?
I don't really buy the scientific "truth" that humans are capable of learning the truth about literally everything. I think we have finite minds and as a species, I am doubtful that we have the capacity to learn everything. So no, I don't really believe that it's quantified by reference, if I'm interpreting your question correctly. If I am misinterpreting it, refer to my above comment; it talks about why trust is necessary for the Christian ideology.

how do you reconcile the sin of intolerance with your belief in absolute truth?
Intolerance is a sin? Show me ;O

assuming God exists, who created god and/or how did God come into being?
The Bible makes it pretty clear that God has always been and will continue to be forever. Like I said above, I don't think we as humans can wrap our minds around everything, and this is one of them. We don't understand infinity in its entirety (though we do understand the concept). It's something that I don't really need to concern myself with; I can just trust that He's lived forever and that I don't need to get myself into a dither trying to figure it out.

what is your tier list of hats/ice cream flavors/pasta shapes
Top hat would be my bright green snow hat with tassles; I even wear it in the summer. Second would be my trucker hunter-orange cap that I got for free at a rummage sail. Then comes tophats and snowcaps, followed by regular hats, and those ridiculous umbrella hats are at the absolute bottom.

Quick story on ice cream flavors. As a kid, my grandparents would always take me out to ice cream at the Wrinkle Room. I was really indecisive; I knew I wanted ice cream, but I never could decide on a flavor, so I'd ask them to pick. They'd always get me vanilla ice cream with gummi bears. Always. So while it's not the best in terms of flavor, whenever I eat it, it always reminds me of being safe and being loved. It is a good feeling =)

Chocolate, brownie, fudge, mint, cookie dough, M&M or any mixture of those top tier. Vanilla, strawberry, blue moon, and others in the middle. Coconut is at the bottom; that is nasty.

Vermicelli my absolute favorite. Then macaroni and penne. Not a huge fan of rice or orzo. Don't know too much about noodles =/

Birkal, here is some food and dry socks.
Thanks man, you're the only one to help me out in my well =)

What do you think of Lapras?
It's adorable. It's fun to see it being used in OU effectively, especially the DD sets (usually doesn't work out though, so don't you new players be getting any ideas lol; it sucks). I love that it's only available on Fridays in game; that's some neat flavor.

In terms of cuteness, how would you rank the starter Pokemon?
Hyurgh here we go. Tentative list.

Bulbasaur - first Pokemon ever, best starter hands down =)
Turtwig
Snivy
Treecko
Chikorita
Squirtle
Charmander
Totodile
Chimchar
Cynadquil
Mudkip
Pikachu
Piplup
Torchic
Tepig
Oshawatt - this mon is so ugly

If you were forced into having a serious disability but got to chose which one, what would you pick?
Wow, this is a crazy question. I had a big response written up earlier, so sorry this is a little less in terms of content. I did a lot of mulling, and I'd probably choose to be paralyzed in my legs. I absolutely need my brain in order to function and be who I am. Not interested in messing with my face at all. Need my hands for piano playing, typing, and art. Don't want to mess with internal organs to cause severe pain. I'd miss swimming, running, and other activities a LOT, but I guess that's what I'd choose.

What superpower would you want if you could have any?
Wrote about it above. But apparently, GS thinks I should have omnipotence. Maybe I'd do that.

I know religion discussion on the internet is risky, but the following question had (and/or has had) a decent effect on me.

You say you have a background in the sciences but you're apparently religious. Do you think the two should stay mutually exclusive or that there's hope for combining the two that makes the scientific community happy? (I personally think they should stay away from each other, but I'm still debating with myself on this despite not really being religious. Also, apparently Newton tried to merge the two in his studies at some point, but he also studied alchemy so...)
Gonna attack this from two angles: myself and our world. Personally, I don't see any problem with religion and science both playing big roles in my life. I am secure enough in my religious beliefs that I'm not afraid of any scientific discoveries "rocking my world." Science definitely gives meaning to the things I study in the Bible, and the Bible provides a lot of good morals that make scientific work a lot more honorable and enjoyable for the science community. They work well together in my life.

In terms of the world, I almost think they should be separated though. People are bound to believe in one side more than the other, which will skew their opinions significantly, which would result in petty fights that aren't progressive for either side. I definitely wish they could work together for everyone, but I just don't see it happening with how biased some people can be (both scientists and religious figures).

Birkal

We have the technology.
user: birkal i am going to ask you some very heart to heart questions that you refused to answer in #pkmn which made me V. SAD so answer them HERE >:(
well I am V. READY to answer it HERE >:)

how would you describe your dream soulmate? THIS DOES NOT HAVE ANY MOTIVATIONAL VENUES STEMMING FROM MY INNER SOUL

make sure you list favorite booty too.......................................
Described her a bit before, but I'll go again. I don't expect her to be any of these things, but it'd be cool if she did~ I want her to be intelligent and smart so that we can have meaningful conversations. Doesn't take things too seriously and has a great sense of humor. Strong relationship with Christ. Beautiful smile and stunning eyes (a good set of eyes makes me melt). Well kept hair and a body that she cares for and is confident with. I hope we'd have some similar hobbies too, but also different ones so we can diversify each other!

Favorite booty you're a monster 9__9 I guess good sized, but not like so big it's like falling out of her jeans lol. Just a nice fit.

o also pls draw saladmence PLS I LUV U
ask me in #pkmn and I'll do it

Yeah I just meant story-you'd-tell-at-a-cocktail-party, just your best, most interesting story!
Man, I don't know if I have a best, most interesting story pinned down. Like I've said, lots of little things happen to me on a daily basis that are pretty random. I seize lots of moments and just have fun with life, haha. But if I had to pick one story off the top of my head to tell. Definitely wouldn't say this at a party, but I have some pretty vicious puking stories.

When I was in middle school, I was feeling super sick and laying on the couch. I'd forgot my puke bucket downstairs, so I was pretty much screwed from the get-go. I felt like I was gonna hurl, so I bolted for the bathroom. I sprinted into the kitchen and couldn't hold it in anymore; I started puking. My sister was washing dishes and my dad helping set up dinner. She turned around, screamed, and dropped the plate with a crash. My dad was like, "RUN, BIRKAL!!! GO!!!" So I kept running, with puke overflowing out of my mouth. It got all over the floor in front of me though, and our kitchen floors are slippery. I caught my foot wrong and went down as I slipped in my own puke. I remember falling in the air while still puking; it was nuts. So I'm on the floor in the kitchen, still puking, sister still screaming, with my dad yelling "BIRKAL GET UP!!! RUN!" So, while still throwing up, I picked myself up off the ground and started spriting again. By the time I made it too the bathroom, I had stopped. But I had made a mess everywhere and it was awful D:

If you had to use a rotom-forme in OU, but you werent allowed to use Rotom-W, which one would you use and why?
Hmm. Probably Rotom-H or Rotom-C. Oven Forme is an interesting check to Gensect in some regards and has a bunch of other roles it can perform. Grass/Electric typing is also pretty cool and gets some good resistances in OU, but I'm not a huge fan of having to rely on Grass-type STAB.

Do you think trop and i can take over the DHP hall of fame?
lol knock yourselves out. I wish you the best~

solve this math problem for me plz

what is the meaning of life x2, - 81, divided by 3, x38, plus 10, - 6, plus 1?
I didn't follow order of operations because you separated them with commas. Dunno if that was right of me to do or not. 43?

what if i told you...... We DONT have the technology
Lies and slander, tbqh.

alright birkal time for some smogon philosophy
Alright alkin, new and upcoming star on Smogon. Let's see what you've got B)

why smogon, and why OU? (you are free to interpret what exactly i'm asking in any way you want)
I was initially attracted to Smogon for CAP. The program here is entirely unique to anything else on the Internet; we take pride knowing that we are the best when it comes to creating Pokemon, both in terms of flavor and competitive skill. That really does continue into other areas that we do. We have the best RMT section, killer tournaments, and the best tiers for competitive Pokemon. Smogon is simply the best when it comes to Pokemon on the Internet, and I like being able to flaunt that, to be perfectly honest.

Overused? To be honest, I like it because a lot of new users come there, and that's a pretty big focus of mine. When I used to be very active there, the SQSA thread and general help threads were my favorite things to post in. I like how intense the metagame is and how widely appealing it is to the masses. While it isn't necessarily my favorite metagame, it's the "meat and potatoes" of what we do, so it's nice to have a good tab on that. Overused is like reading the news to me; it's what's currently happening in the competitive world of Pokemon!

everyone has their days when they just look at smogon and think "shit man do i really wanna be here today?" what, if anything, makes you feel that way, and when you do feel that way, what, if anything, motivates you to get on regardless?
Is it weird that I hardly ever have those days? If I don't like Smogon, I don't go there; it's as simple as that. However, I like it almost all the time, so this is rarely an issue. In the few instances when I get peeved about stuff, I wish that users took more time to understand each other's positions and were a little more kind to each other. "Speaking the truth in love" is something that Smogon doesn't seem to embrace, but if everyone took that to heart, I think we'd be a lot more progressive as a community in terms of keeping everyone positive and lowering the amount of people that rage. I'm motivated to keep going because a) I love Pokemon and b) I love everything I do on this site. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't do it; that's why I don't really care about earning badges. If they come, cool. I'm not going to force myself to do something I don't like just for some pixels, haha.

i've always gotten the feeling that there are MANY who maintain the opinion that OU (the forum, sometimes also the metagame but that's someone else's job eh?) is shit. have you ever gotten the feeling that there are a lot of those people? and i rather doubt you agree with them, but what about OU, the forum, needs improvement the most, in your opinion?
Something you'll discover (if you haven't already) is that everyone dumps on every tier. LC is crap; no one likes VGC; Overused is so sucky; x mon ruins RU. This stuff happens all the time on IRC, and a lot of it is people just spouting off baseless opinions. I think people are very vocal about OU because it gets the most press time and everything thinks they have the optimal solution to "fix" it, haha.

What needs improvement? We have the numbers, which is a blessing that no other metagame has. I wish that we could really pick up our presence on-site and feature even more projects. That's something I obviously should be working on and will get back into once my well is over~

do you ever foresee yourself leaving smogon? if so, what do you think it would look like on the day you chose to go, and why would you make that decision? and if not, what would be your reason to keep coming back, or alternatively why is it that you cannot imagine going away?
Of course I will leave someday. I don't see myself sticking around forever, haha. I've thought about it, and I am pretty sure I will leave peaceably. I can't imagine rage quitting or anything like that. I own Smogon a lot for how this site has distracted me from some sucky life stuff and how accepting people have been of me here. I'd probably leave because my life would become to busy for me to contribute in a significant way any longer. Don't worry though, I have no plans to leave anytime soon =)

when you're about to make a post, do you ever find yourself suddenly reconsidering, maybe wanting to put the post away? does this motive become more or less intense the more thought out that post is? is it affected by where or why you are posting?
Nahh. It doesn't take me too long to write out a post, so my thoughts don't ever change drastically in posting them. I can think of some IS posts that I've made where I considered the debate, found out what I believed, and just wrote until I had nothing more to say. So no, this hasn't happened to me.

If I'm developing a project post or something like that, however, then yes, I check it over diligently. I want to make sure the stuff that I'm posting looks good and is worded correctly.

FINALLY: did you jump into the well willingly.... OR WERE YOU PUSHED?! and in that case, who shall be accused of pushing you
I was completely blind-sided... did you happen to see who did it?

Most notable thing I have done on Smogon in your opinion? (hey you mentioned you knew everyone in the thread for something!)
Don't see you post a ton, but I see your stuff in Overused which is cool! I'm sure you've made some notable posts there. You're also notable for having that Ho-oh avatar that Nastyjungle drew for a long time.

Least favourite Admin?
Gonna tweak this question to "least known" admin since the answer to the question you wrote is "none." The answer, obviously, is chaos. I see him on the simulator and I've chatted with him informally once or twice, but nothing big. I'd really love to dig into some issues with him about how Smogon is run and how we could potentially improve in the future. Right now, he is just a big question mark and I wish we had the chance to chat sometime. He seems like a very interesting guy.

If you participated in the DHP which Pokemon would you use?
WOBBUFFET. Working with Lilligant on a team right now, so maybe that. I dunno.

Favourite Trou thread?
Don't read it often. Probably this guy though; people still talk about him in #cap.

If you had to fight a team of pure Rotoms without using a single Rotom which non-Rotoms would you use to fight said Rotoms?
Hmm. I'd probably pick a few Ground-types, for obvious reasons. Gastrodon is a cool stop to Rotom-W and a bunch of other formes. I could probably run something like Scarf Haxorus and just wreck with Outrage or Earthquake too. I dunno.

You didn't really think you'd get through a well without a visit from Smogon's most infamous remaining user, did you?
Oh! I am honored.

Hiya Birkal.
Hiya Deck Knight. Let's chat.

Dude, I have been through an incredibly similar situation. It's so tough out there for teenagers these days. It just gets worse every day with the shit they put out on TV. Every male is portrayed as an incompetent, oversexed (or undersexed and overly obsessed about it) oaf whose wife and family just put up with his antics - and somehow, the stuff they do is even stupider or more narcissistic than what he does.
Haha amen to this! It's incredible how "dumb" men are perceived in media; it's sad how little of this gets seen by the general public. It's cool to see that someone else has been through the same stuff. Let's chat about it on IRC sometime; I'd love to hear more of your tale.

What's your general take on the moral direction of TV Programming?
It's awful. I don't say this necessarily as just a Christian either; as an educator who is going to be working with a future generation, I'm so nervous at the stuff media is perpetuating. From songs that are blatantly advertising sucking penises to endless gore in video games, kids are becoming desensitized so badly. I wrote a big project on this my senior year, and the research I did is just astounding. I fear for our next generation and how the media treats them.

Are you glad I hired you for the CAP slaving mines? Sorry about the whole power-trip drama war that was going on at the time.
Haha it wasn't your fault! I dragged myself into it. I love working in CAP; I talked with DJD and Wyverii about this, but it was basically my dream on Smogon to moderate CAP someday. It was a huge honor to be selected by you guys (even after tennis had left), so thank you for having me on board. I hope I am doing an at least alright job, haha.

What is your position on "The War on Drought" in CAP3?
I thought it was hilarious and really set a unique tone for CAP3 as a whole. I thought it suited the concept really strongly and wanted to see it added. I think the ends that people went to in order to deny it was hilarious though. Even "unreleased DW ability Drought" debates made me chuckle. I think some people got REALLY into that discussion when it really didn't need to be that big of a deal. I like how CAP3 turned out though, so maybe not giving it drought was the right thing.

DROUGHT YOLO

Who is the most evil CAP mod and why?
Besides myself, probably Elevator Music. I know he's up to something devious; you can see it in his eyes.

Are there any CAP posts that really stand out for you, or is it just the process as a whole?
Hmm. The posts that don't abuse the bold feature stand out to me because those people generally know how to actually appeal to people, haha. I love jas61292's posts; the two of us are really in-sync on a lot of stuff (I guess not so much in CAP4 though). I always love reading the thoughts from the TL (something that I think bmb is doing a tremendous job with).

If you don't vote for Romney, are you afraid fellow Wisconsinite (and Paul) Paul Ryan will hunt you down like an animal in the wilds of Wisconsin?
Well he'd need a permit, and knowing Fleet Farm, that could take him awhile to get approved. And then there's the issue if I run into the water; am I then considered a fish and he needs a fishing license? It's all very confusing.

Would it be physically and/or emotionally possible for you to go on a rampage and ragequit? I kinda need to know now instead of later >_>.
It's in the realm of possibilities, I guess. Don't plan on it at all though; I'm a level-headed guy who knows when to step down when I need to. In terms of CAP, I pretty much have idolized your work for many years of my life; I wouldn't ever dream of touching a hair on its head, even if I rage-quit for some reason. If I did ragequit, I'd probably spam Pokemon Snap threads in Orange Islands, to be honest.

Who is your favorite Marvel superhero? Your favorite DC superhero?
Gah, I don't read the comics as much as I should, so don't think I'm a bad person :<. I've always liked Iron Man and the comics that my friends would show me about him. The suit is so cool and his intellect makes him a strong character. Seeing Downey Jr. play him in the films only cemented how cool he is. DC would probably be Robin, just because of his story arcs and how he acts as a character. Love Batman too, so it's cool to see that he has such an awesome sidekick.

What is the meaning of life?
Well Heaven/Hell is the ending of it all, so I think pursuing those things is our ultimate purpose.

What is best in life?
To enjoy living, it is best to simply enjoy life. Don't take things too seriously or get bent out of shape. Treat others kindly and smile a lot. People treat life as such a hardship and I don't know why they do that to themselves. They should be enjoying every moment that they can =)

Did I ask you enough questions?
Never surrender.

What questions would you like me to ask?
I'll give you three:

If you could improve one thing in CAP, what would it be?
When are you going to TL a CAP? Will you ever?
What do you think of the relationship between the two of us?

Can you grasp the form of my attack?
/me grasps it firmly at the tip

That'll do it... for now.
Good... for now.

If you could create a CAP with a total of three types, what would they be and what would it be based on?
I'd never allow CAP to make a triple type. gg

But if I did, I guess I'd go something like Ice / Grass / Fighting. Ice because it's an awesome offensive typing with good STAB, grass because it's my favorite type, and fighting because it has good physical and special options. It is really late and I had some more time to think about this, I'm sure I'd give a more intelligent answer, but right now I am like zzz

What was the first game you've ever played?
Pokemon Blue! Read the first response of this well; it'll describe how it went.

Have you ever wondered would it would be like to phaze through walls?
Absolutely. I would do it all the time. Specifically, I'd knock books off of bookshelves in people's homes to scare them.

...Why are you so sexy?
Eat an apple everyday. Also do some workouts when you wake up!

When would you like to do the CAP battle, before or after the new CAP?
Hrm... Let's try to before it's over. It will kind of depend on how much time I have.

Also listen to this and tell me what you think.
It appears you are still flaunting a false reality. Curious.

Top 3 fetishes?
Don't have any fetishes. I am pretty sure that will change when I get married though; my creativity knows no bounds ;O

Top 3 Simulator staff members?
Off the top of my head hyurgh Zarel, bmelts, and Relados. The first two are incredible developers and I see Relados on and being helpful literally 24/7.

Top 3 flash games?
Infector World Dominator, Kingdom Rush, and Vox Populi Vox Dei: A Werewolf Thriller. Goodness, I implore everyone to play the last one especially; it's short and a ton of fun.

Rank of Rotom formes from best to worst?
Subject to change.

Rotom
Rotom-H
Rotom-W
Rotom-F
Rotom-C
Rotom-S

Why do you play pokemon?
Because it's fun! My friends do it, and I've done it since I was seven. I love interacting with Pokemon, naming them, and training them up. I play it competitively because it really adds a much needed layer of depth to make it something truly enjoyable.

How long have you played pokemon?
Since I was seven.

Where would you be without the help of others?
Umm... I don't understand this question o__o Probably dead, because then my parents wouldn't've helped me live as a baby, so...

How many people do you think have had their lives overturned by you?
A lot of people that I meet say that I've had an impact on them and that I'm an interesting guy. I plan to overturn the WORLD by the time I'm through ;)

Announcement
Since I need to get to bed, and I still have more questions to go, I am going to leave my well open for one more day! I've had a lot going on this week at school and in real life, so I'm sorry I've been so delayed in getting to these questions. I'll finish up the remainder of the questions tomorrow, along with any final questions you guys might have. So post those final thoughts and we'll wrap things up tomorrow. Thanks for reading =)

Rank the protagonists from each main Pokemon game. This includes both Red from RB and Red from FRLG and Gold and Ethan and whatever else!

I'm back, with a nice fit booty~

People ask you a lot of religious questions :o Here's another one ;) I just saw an ad for Cristian Mingle. It's like a Christian OK Cupid or something. Do you think God would approve of it? How about their slogan of "Find God's match for you"? Would you ever use it? >.>

That "New York, New York" cover you PMed me was p snazzy~ Thoughts on that "All the Way" cover I sent you afterwards? I love Sinatra and Dino and all those old standards songs, so it's always cool to hear them get a new take~

Who is this imposter Jellicent!? I must know!

How do you keep up with everything you do on Smogon? O_O Do you ever just make Smogon to-do lists for yourself? :P

Have you ever used the "Lurk More" infraction?

What's the most horrifying nightmare you've ever had?

Hope your Well was fun! I'm sure you can't wait to get out and get back to doing other things. Cheers~ ^.^

Oh yeah, also, you're super fly :3

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thoughts on Anglicanism?

Thoughts on me?

Thoughts on Billy Talent?

Thoughts on Canada?

I was pressed for time so I couldnt elaborate :p

Birkal

We have the technology.
Are you a procrastinator or a planner? Usually I'm a planner and it's not weird to see me working on assignments that aren't due for another week ahead of time, but this week I've had an assignment that I've put off all weekend and just can't bring myself to do it and it's due Wednesday. aaaaaaaa What is this feeling ;-;
Procrastinator. It's fun because I could immediately tell that you were a planner, both when I talked with you on IRC and met you, haha. Sometimes I do assignments ahead of time, but I usually rush through them so I can just chill when I'm done, haha. Generally I am a "winger" so I get stuff done whenever I find time.

However, I am a HUGE planner about some stuff, specifically scheduling. I spend hours looking at the college course catalog, mixing and matching classes in order to make the perfect schedule, like avoiding 8am classes and loading up stuff on MWF to take off on TR.

How attached to the Internet in general are you? I always hate admitting just how much of my day is dedicated to the Internet in some shape or form, whether it be for school, FB, Imgur, Cracked, or Smogon. We lost our Internet tonight at the apartment (again), (long story but it's been super shitty lately), and I had to actually leave and go to a friend's house so I could do my homework. What do you think this says about our society too?
I think I'm pretty attached to the Internet; I use it to read news, do research, email professors, and obviously Smogon. I actually do very little else on the Internet besides Smogon and school. I'm not a huge Facebook fan and I don't browse images or use Stumble Upon or anything like that. I think our society is absolutely obsessed with the Internet. I think it's a great tool for communicating and bringing the world closer together. However, I wish that people would appreciate the outdoors more. There is really something to be said for just going outdoors and reading the book or enjoying a nap. It's all about balance, and I don't think our society does a good job of doing that.

Do you wear something special to you everyday? I wear a Pride bracelet everyday, and have been since Freshman year here at Madison. I feel so lost without it lol.
Always carry around my wallet and cellphone. I also have my pocket watch that I bought two years ago that goes with my everywhere (why yes, it is awesome). I guess I don't wear anything else specifically, but I have a lot of "Birkal-esque" things that I wear often. I have a neon green snow cap with tassles and a hunter-orange trucker hat; I wear them a lot. I'm also pretty into V-necks and slim jeans.

I'm... sorry for your loss, Birkal
/me comfort Birkal
It's not your fault

/me cling to Level 51

You are granted the ability to transform any object into an edible substance of your choice. What substance do you choose?
I would make it so that weeds were transformed into the edible substance of gummi worms. I'd pick so many weeds you have no idea.

You suddenly find yourself in the middle of an arena, surrounded by bears equipped with nunchuks. What's your plan?
I try to reason with the bears. They are obviously trained assassins and likely can be dealt with if I offer a good enough deal. If negotiations don't work, I punch them in the snout or eyes when they get near to disorient them. If they're able to use the nunchuks, then I remove them while they're down and throw them out of the arena. Then pretty much punching and kicking their faces until they go down.

/me pet Birkal

Right it's nearly Wednesday!! oops >.>
Hehe. Adorable as always, shrewz~

Anyway, on to the questions!

What keeps you motivated to do so much work on Smogon :O
I love what I do here! The people that I work with on a daily basis are awesome, so it's not hard to do things when I know that they'll be utilizing it. I like to give gifts; working on Smogon is kind of the same concept of giving away gifts to my friends that they can use to enjoy Smogon more.

Why are you doing so much work / do you feel that you are doing too much?
I am doing too much work when I'm in this well, yes. Once I am out of the well, things should return to normal. Things have been stressful with The Smog and this thread lately, but that should calm down soon enough. I do all this work because I love each thing that I do!

What do you like most about Smogon !_!
Besides the people here, I love how competitively focused we are, yet still relaxed. It's good to know that we are the best on the Internet for competitive Pokemon and I like the intellectual standard that we hold ourselves to.

What's one thing about the way Smogon works that you think is the worst? not including the lurk more culture you already said~
Hmm. To be honest, I hate badges. As an education minor, there are lots of negative things about offering extrinsic rewards, like you eventually get people addicted to the reward rather than doing it because they love it. I'd rather we do away with them since they really do detract from people's love to work on improving a Pokemon site. I know that education psychology doesn't exactly apply to an online forum perfectly, but it is something to consider.

Describe Oglemi in 6 words since you met him :P (6 because the no of Rotom formes + normal x.x)
tall, amiable, agreeable, well-meaning, enthusiastic, entertaining

Whats the favorite forum that you do not mod ^_^
Smeargle's Studio, obviously. I love the stuff that they do there =) I really should make my own art thread sometime soon, heh.

How do you think you will depart Smogon when the time comes?
Kinda talked about this before with Deck Knight's questions, but I bet it will be a peaceable departure. I'll just explain that life is getting to busy and that I need to move on, but I'd thank all those around me for their help and all they've done. And I'd visit often, so don't worry about that =)

K enough about smogon >.> ---------------

What is your aim in life? :)
My heavenly goal is to spread the love and truth of Jesus Christ. Don't think that's what you're referring to though, haha. Occupationally, I want to do something that a) makes the world a better place and b) supports me and a potential family. I'd really like to be married someday, but I can accept the fact that I might not be. I also aim to own a toucan. That is for sure going to happen in my future; no questions asked.

What do you think is the most important thing in life?
Finding true meaning in your life. To be honest, I've never met someone who seems truly fulfilled that doesn't have a relationship with Jesus, but I might not be looking hard enough, haha. I think that so many people spend their lives fumbling around in the dark, not really knowing what their purpose is or what they are destined for. Finding out what that is absolutely imperative to having a notable life.

Is the world made for people or the people made for the world.
The world is made for people, in my opinion. Everything is set up so perfectly for us. I mean, why do humans enjoy a sunset? There is no biological reason for us to find joy in it; we can live a life without enjoying a sunset just fine. And yet, we all can appreciate it's beauty. It's moments like that that lead me to believe that the world was created for us.

If you were to learn that you have gotten a terminal disease and have like 3 months left, what would you do? (not cursing you ahhhhhh >.>)
Sorry guys, but I'd quit Smogon and go travel the world. I'd say goodbye to all my friends (while visiting them of course). I've always wanted to go back again and do a kayaking/real rock climbing trip, so I'd probably get that done. At the end of it all, I'd want to be with my mom, my dad, and my sister. Just the four of us, hugging and sharing memories. I hope it'd be a happy moment too; I don't want anyone to be sad when I die.

Sorry I ask too many questions ;_;
Nahh, they were good questions. Thanks for stopping by =)

what's your favorite part about me?
I think you toe the line between "ignorant idiot" and "knows what he's talking about" with the grace of a ballerina. I don't mean this as an insult at all. Just you are notorious for being pretty hotheaded at moments, and yet your opinions and thoughts are very valuable. It's fun how you've taken this skill to a level that basically defines you; your latest nomination was everyone complaining "but it's blaaaaaaaaarajan" but we all know that you do good work.

if you had to make love to an animal which one would you make love to?
This is a disgusting question. Never ever thought about this until you brought up the question. If I had to choose one. Man this is disgusting screw you for asking this. Probably a giraffe, because that means I'd get to ride a giraffe. I'd just like, slip it in real quick, slip out REAL QUICK, and then ride it around the African savannas for the rest of the day, lol.

is there any pokemon you have the hots for?
Not at all.

what's the weirdest place you've put your penis in?
Put a roll of toilet paper over it once to see if I could hold it up. Haven't put it in too many places though; sorry.

what's the weirdest thing you've put down your pants?
I have some friends that like to go WAY over the line with how physical we are as friends, haha. We all squeezed out go-gurt in each other's pants once; it was nuts.

have you ever caressed yourself in public?
Uhh nope. I guess accidentally if I go to grab my phone or wallet in my pocket and I'm poppin' one. But nahh, never on purpose.

how much wood could a birkal fuck if a birkal loved fucking wood?
Probably very little. I'd imagine that would give you splinters in the worst way imaginable. Very painful D:

thoughts on NU?
Seems like a fun metagame. I haven't played it for a really long time though, so I don't have any recent thoughts on it. You, zeb, DTC, and other NU guys need to catch me some night and teach me. That'd be a hoot, haha.

favournite NU Pokemon?
Probably Ludicolo. From what I hear of it, it sounds like a good mon. I'd probably want to base a team off of it if I ever made on in NU, haha.

Also there's no way I'm nicer than you :)
Haha, by saying that, you've already proven that you are, no ;)?

Did you imagine yourself getting so many badges when you first joined?

Most embarrassing moment of your life?

How different would your life be if you hadn't joined Smogon/played Pokemon competitively?

Advice to new users?

Will we ever continue our rival challenge? :c

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why / when did you start playing instruments?

Why / when did you decide to go to college for music (and biology)?

Do you remember me?

How long until you graduate?

Do you think it will be tough getting a job as a teacher?

What are your views on the way America treats education?

What grade would you like to teach?

Sorry if some of these have already been asked. :(

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You asked for it my friend, Round TWO:

Will there ever be a Multitype CAP?

Do you do any religious education now, or are you planning to be more of a private/public school educator?

Do you think I am a planner or a procrastinator, and why?

Would you like me, Theorymon, and yourself to get into a posting war over which CAP Mod can make the longest post, and if so, on what should the subject be?

If you could work anywhere, where would it be, and what would you be doing?

Do you believe in miracles?

Is there any redemption for me?

NINJA EDIT: Have you ever checked out CAP ASB and do you like it from a game design point of view?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
how can you be friends with a drug person?
do you really think people have free will? how do you deal with the essential problem of human consciousness? as a truth-seeker of one kind to another
is there redemption for ME

(see I can still do serious things ]=)

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wanna get married? to me?

If you had to name the one breakfast cereal to have for breakfast for the rest of your natural and unnatural life, what would it be?

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When you see a comic or joke about religion (nothing really offensive, mind you, something light like a far side comic), do you find it funny, or do you think it crosses a line? Where is the line for you? Could you ever laugh at a joke involving or poking fun at religion?

Do you think I should get an avatar at some point or should I remain without one?
Would you prefer CAP 4 to be a legendary or a pseudo-legendary Pokemon?
I tend to lose track of time and find out that the day is over and I did very little, any advice?

Ah, looks like I'm just in time.

I appreciated reading your answers to my original questions, and as you requested, I have an example of your classic "tehy post." I'm a bit late because forum searching was disabled which is a pain in the butt.

Here is the post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4427847&postcount=28

The post is self evident in my opinion, and there are far worse ones than that. They're just hard to find with the forum lag and no searching. First of all, there's no fact in his post. He's not a "known" player either, so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt like some users. Second, he's off topic and a distraction. Who cares about Gen 6 at this point? He's detrimental in many OU discussions. Third, his attitude is bad. He seems to think his opinion carries some weight that it certainly does not. Yee might be my friend; however, not many users, and definitely not tehy, should post like a "know it all." Fourth issue is a personal preference, I guess. His writing is close to unreadable. Format is terrible, use of "lolbait" and the like. Unreadable. Finally, if it even needs saying, the guy is just an idiot. He can think whatever he wants, but the way he goes about posting it is annoying. He doesn't support his opinion and just posts controversial/flaming things. It's really a bad example for new users. This is mostly a summation of what I already went over.

This is merely a suggestion as I don't mean to tell you how to do your job. It is my personal conviction that the OU forum could be a better community without users like tehy. Forum bans allow the user to still participate in other forums too. The OU forum seems to be budding, and it pains me to see bad users ruining it.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
more random as fuck questions.

Another rotom related question, if you had the powers of a rotom irl (electrical discharge, flight, phasing through objects, possessing machinery, superhuman flying speed and reflexes
). What would you do with it?

Personal thoughts on me as a user?

most useful pokemon move irl?

why do my questions make no sense?

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I see someone stole my five fetish question and actually made it WORSE by reducing the number. Disgusting.

What is your position on abortion? What do you think of Romney's position on abortion (which is pro-life except in cases of rape/incest/danger to mother)? Is there any way to reconcile this position with the "sanctity of life" argument that is used as the basis of many churches as a pro-life defense (abortion is still unacceptable in the cases of rape/incest)?

You said you believed homosexuality was a sin, but then said it wasn't "a big deal." So you don't think sinning in general is a big deal? I ask because I was raised to believe that sins were direct violations to a set of rules that God would expect his people to live by, and based on that, any sin would be quite a big deal. On a related note, do you think the condition of homosexuality is a sin or homosexual acts themselves, and why?

Top 5 weirdest / most revolting fetishes.

Birkal

We have the technology.
Favorite cartoon? Ex: superjail!, Beavis and Butthead, etc.
Favorite cartoon ever? My goodness, I love so many. If I had to pick one... I'd probably pick Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Incredible show with a cool story and hilarious characters. Have some good memories watching that show with my friends.

Your thoughts on the mystery dungeon games?
I like 'em! I was really surprised by the first one (the only one I've played) by how emotional it was. I don't really get emotional, especially over video games of all things, but I was touched by the end story (which is really stupid-sounding for a Pokemon game but true). Gotta try the later ones.

would you touch ogler's penis?
Under no situation. Unless, again, it was a life or death situation. Or if he asked me pretty please ;>

how does it feel to be wanted on facebook
I hate facebook. Let's just chat on IRC and Smogon; it's so much better =)

how does it feel to know that Solace and V0x and I /will/ find you
I would be terrified if it wasn't for the fact that I know I won't be found. Heck, I want to be found so little that I refused to like the Smogon front page for a chance at winning a free game. So... good luck ;)

This is not a question but as I said earlier, I love you unconditionally.
Aska my goodness I am just as red as an apple. Stop making me blush you cutie~

I wish we knew each other more though; hit me up on IRC. You know where to find me! Let's have a lovely little chat.

If you could revive any classical composer and teach them something, who would you revive and what would you teach?

(I assume they ask you this in all your job interviews)
ahahaha what would I teach THEM?? You have it so backwards. I'd want to learn so much from them; I have like nothing to teach them except a few centuries of freeing tonality to allow jazz and atonality. If I had to pick anyone, probably Beethoven. He's such a powerful composer and I pretty much enjoy every single one of his pieces. He could teach me so much to make me a better pianist.

Also since you offered:

What do you think of the bible (or any holy book) as a moral basis? (Is it? Is it a guideline? Is it no longer applicable?)
To be frank, I think it's the most applicable guide for a moral basis, even in today's age. If you read it (especially New Testament stuff) you find a LOT of stuff that can hit really close to home in terms of what we're dealing with in today's society. It's cool to see that those lessons still apply today, and it's even cooler when you see science starting to support some of those morals. There have been recent studies on the psychological effects of forgiving someone, and people who forgive often live longer and say they have pleasant lives.

ud here, just dropping in to say hi, ask you how your day is going, and congratulate you on finally getting your turn in the well.
Man UD, so good to hear from you. I hope all is well with your piano studies. Let's catch up in #cap sometime; I'd love to hear how you're doing =)

if pluto was a planet would you do it (if not why)
No, I would not "do" a planet. Not really into planets in that kind of way so... nope. Maybe I'll get into that kinda thing in the future. You never know!

if you could transform into something what kind of transformation scene do you envision going through (you know, like digivolution or idk, something like this)
[youtube]cGQas1eAXII[/youtube]

I know it's creepy, but hey, it's Zelda and masks are awesome.

also what would you transform into
Hmm. Probably any animal that I wanted to. I dunno; I'd probably have a better answer if I had some time to think about it lol.

Is the vast quantity of /pets you receive enough to quench your hunger for attention?

If it's more than enough have you thought about donating those /pets to less priviledged users?

edit:

01:35 Birkal steamroll
01:35Birkal pet me >:|
01:36 Birkal good
01:36 Birkal now
01:36 Birkal as you recommended
01:36 Birkal pet some underprivledged users
01:36 Steamroll lol
01:36 Birkal how about...
01:36 Birkal MrE
I think this is all pretty good evidence that I need a much greater amount of pets in order to function correctly. Thanks for your understanding :>

What are your favorite choral pieces?
Ugh oh my goodness I could load into this question so hard. I'll just pick three I guess, but I could probably stay up all night writing this. I adore anything by Moses Hogan; everything he composes is so powerful and fun to sing, my goodness. He's an absolute star. Baba Yetu has a special place in my heart just because it was singing a video game song in choir, and I love the piece. I wish Christopher Tin (I think that's who composed it) got more press. Finally, ugh I am so indecisive and I can't pick one. Let's go with "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence" by Bairstow. It's such a cool piece; really ominous.

As guildmaster Wigglytuff once said "Truly bad pokemon... don't really exist anywhere"
How far do you think this can be applied to humans?[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree. I believe firmly that all humans have worth and are good at something. Bad humans don't exist anywhere; we all have our own talents and skillsets that make us unique.

Rank the protagonists from each main Pokemon game. This includes both Red from RB and Red from FRLG and Gold and Ethan and whatever else!
I don't watch the anime at all, so I'm just gonna list them by generation.

GSC
RBY
BW
DPPt
RSE

I don't really follow the protagonists or anything like that, so sorry that this is a pretty lame answer =/

I'm back, with a nice fit booty~
POP POP

People ask you a lot of religious questions :o Here's another one ;) I just saw an ad for Cristian Mingle. It's like a Christian OK Cupid or something. Do you think God would approve of it? How about their slogan of "Find God's match for you"? Would you ever use it? >.>
I don't think God doesn't approve of it, but it's not like I'm his secretary or something, lol. I personally think it's really stupid and I'm not a fan of online dating at all. I would never use it, but it'd be interesting to talk with some Christian couples that have met online.

That "New York, New York" cover you PMed me was p snazzy~ Thoughts on that "All the Way" cover I sent you afterwards? I love Sinatra and Dino and all those old standards songs, so it's always cool to hear them get a new take~
Yeah that's pretty hot. Send me more stuff like this and I'll listen.

Who is this imposter Jellicent!? I must know!
Here. He's pretty sketchy imo!!! One of you is gonna have to shoot the other in order to ensure that reality is stable in the world of Pokemon.

How do you keep up with everything you do on Smogon? O_O Do you ever just make Smogon to-do lists for yourself? :P
It's all in my memory box. Sometimes I make lists, but I haven't recently. I usually know everything that I need to do, it's just finding the time to do it that gets difficult.

Have you ever used the "Lurk More" infraction?
Nope! Well at least I don't think I have. If I have I'm so sorry :< But I haven't recently for sure.

What's the most horrifying nightmare you've ever had?
Had a reoccurring nightmare as a kid that would pretty much have me peeing my pants in fright whenever I had them. It was a sensory type nightmare, so it's really hard to describe. It's in three parts. The first part sounds really dumb on paper; I NEVER remember it, but when the nightmare begins, I ALWAYS know this and remember it instantly. I've never remembered it, but I DO remember remembering it in my dream. The second part is like a leathery brown feel. It's really up close and surrounding. The final part is the most terrifying. Everything zooms out and drops off. All that's left is a completely clear blue sky with one object: a balloon tied to a string, and the string tied to a needle's eye. It just floats there and is in that uncomfortable place where you can't focus on it clearly. It would scare me SO BADLY as a kid; I don't even know why. It was the so terrifying; I'd sleep in my parents' bed whenever it happened.

Hope your Well was fun! I'm sure you can't wait to get out and get back to doing other things. Cheers~ ^.^
Yep! I'm excited to get out too (finally). Thanks for participating!

Oh yeah, also, you're super fly :3
and all the girlee's say i'm pretty fly for a white guy

Thoughts on Anglicanism?
Never heard of it, so I had to look it up. Not a huge fan of traditions within the Christian beliefs. I mean, I like traditions, but I hate when they obstruct from the true purpose of it all: Jesus. Some sacramental stuff really misses the mark and leads you to believe you need to do more than believe to get to Heaven; which is stupid because there is nothing we could ever do to "earn" our way into Heaven.

Thoughts on me?
Cool guy. I like chatting with you on IRC and in Orange Island stuff; love the initiative you're taking with Orange League. Used to think you were pretty hotheaded, but you've calmed out a lot since I first met you!

Thoughts on Billy Talent?
Never ever heard of them, and I'm too tired to listen to their music. Ask me about it on IRC sometime and you can recommend me a song by them.

Thoughts on Canada?

I was pressed for time so I couldnt elaborate :p
Haha, well I'm pressed on time too because I wanna get to bed pretty badly. Good to see you man =)

Did you imagine yourself getting so many badges when you first joined?
Not at all; I was surprised to get even one. Didn't think I would ever moderate, so this all has come as a pretty big shock to me. It's fun though! I don't think I'll get many more badges; I'm definitely plateauing at the moment, haha.

Most embarrassing moment of your life?
We were in a 600+ person dress rehearsal for a huge symphonic practice. At the end of an especially sensitive piece, I was attacked by like, dust or something, and instinctively sneezed. I have like, the highest pitched sneeze in the world, so it completely ruined the moment and everyone laughed at me. I wasn't like horribly upset by it, but it was definitely pretty embarrassing!

How different would your life be if you hadn't joined Smogon/played Pokemon competitively?
Hmm. I'd just be involved somewhere else. Probably doing a webcomic or integrated at some other community. Otherwise, if I wasn't on the Internet, then I'd probably practice more and have more friends in real life. And I'd have beaten more video games, haha.

Advice to new users?
Do what you love to do here on Smogon. If you have questions, ask around with PM, especially to moderators of relevant forums. Make sure to read the rules! Finally, get on IRC; it's imperative if you want to work your way "up" on Smogon; it makes it so everyone recognizes you and can chat with you at an instant!

Will we ever continue our rival challenge? :c
Absolutely. I have a ton of free time this next week; hit me up in #orangeislands and let's rock it.

Why / when did you start playing instruments?
When I was five years old, I started playing piano because my parents said I should. Picked up trombone and choir in 6th grade. I had the option to quit, but I'd always heard that people regret quitting now that they're older. I decided to stick with it, and I love it so much. For those of you out there, practice practice practice, but learn to LOVE practicing. That will make music so enjoyable for you.

Why / when did you decide to go to college for music (and biology)?
The end of May my senior year. If you know anything about applying for college, that is abnormally late. Honestly, I still don't know if it's what I want to do. I love both subjects, but I never made a super concrete decision on anything.

Do you remember me?
Of course! You hang around in #grammar and had that recent illness. You feeling any better? Tell me on IRC.

How long until you graduate?
Hrm... I will be graduating my 9th semester, and I'm currently in my 5th. You do the math ;O

Do you think it will be tough getting a job as a teacher?
Not really. Between music and biology K-12, it shouldn't be too hard to find a job somewhere, especially since I'm not picky about travelling for a job if necessary. Also, my college pumps out some of the best educators in the Midwest; schools actively seek out our graduates. It shouldn't be too hard!

What are your views on the way America treats education?
It's awful. I could launch into this until my face turns blue, but I will spare us all. We're all about teaching students for the test and subsequently, for the grade. It's stupid; kids should be learning because they love to learn. Learning applicable stuff it important and I feel that school just drowns people in stuff that isn't necessary to know. It's all jumping through hoops.

What grade would you like to teach?

Sorry if some of these have already been asked. :(
Nahh, it's all good. Collegiately if I could; high school as a second resort.

You asked for it my friend, Round TWO:
HIT ME.

Hmm. I wish that we had a more active PRC, because then we could actually get some stuff done. It sounds dumb, but we should have a PRC thread on PRC sometime, like developing a process for when polls need to go up and things like that. I hate when we post a thread and it rots for months.

TLing will probably be one of the last things I do on Smogon. For now, I love to contribute to the project, both as a submitter and as a moderator. I'd love to TL, but it's just not in the cards for me at the moment, especially with all my other Smogon responsibilities.

Wish we hung out more; I love talking with you in #cap and hearing your thoughts. I'd consider us equals, but you're obviously a veteran and I am not, so I enjoy the thoughts that you have on CAP, especially with your lengthy history with the project since Syclant.

Will there ever be a Multitype CAP?
If there is, I completely call dibs. This one's mine.

Do you do any religious education now, or are you planning to be more of a private/public school educator?
Nope! I'd probably be a public school educator, just because I'm not a huge fan of the general mentality of private schools (my parents are sending me here). The only religion I've ever taught is being a camp counselor.

Do you think I am a planner or a procrastinator, and why?
I have no idea, haha. You seem like a planner, but I don't think I know enough about you to make a solid statement here. Let me know on IRC; I'm curious now. Heh.

Would you like me, Theorymon, and yourself to get into a posting war over which CAP Mod can make the longest post, and if so, on what should the subject be?
Length of post depends on the subject. If it's about making a concept or something vague, Theorymon would win hands-down. If it's about two, conflicting opinions, you can beat a dead horse about why one option is better than the other. If it's a CAP philosophical question, the biggest tl;dr would definitely be mine.

If you could work anywhere, where would it be, and what would you be doing?
I'd work as a video game music composer for Nintendo in Japan. I've loved their work since I was a little kid. It'd be incredible to work for them, especially with the orchestral stuff they're now getting into. I want this so badly hyurgh :<

Do you believe in miracles?
Of course! I don't think they happen as often today as they did a few thousand years ago, but I think they're out there and can occur in ways that we don't always consider to be the "traditional" miracle.

Is there any redemption for me?
There is redemption for absolutely anyone, so of course =)

how can you be friends with a drug person?
I'm friends with a lot of druggies, actually. Both in real life and on Smogon (participated in high movie; love those guys). It's all about that I choose not to do it. I don't think I'm any better than those people or anything. They are just choosing to do whatever they want. It's cool; as long as people don't rip on me for not doing it, we generally have a good time.

do you really think people have free will? how do you deal with the essential problem of human consciousness?
I guess I am stupid, but I don't really see how these two things link together. Explain it to me on IRC sometime, haha. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it too, so it could be a cool conversation.

as a truth-seeker of one kind to another
is there redemption for ME

(see I can still do serious things ]=)
Haha, we've had serious conversations before. I'm not surprised. And yeah, there is redemption for literally everyone. I'm so glad for that or otherwise I'd be so screwed, haha. I've messed up so many thing; it's reassuring to know that anyone and everyone can be accepted by Jesus =)

Wanna get married? to me?
Yeah that'd be awesome someday especially if it was with you~

If you had to name the one breakfast cereal to have for breakfast for the rest of your natural and unnatural life, what would it be?
Probably Frosted Flakes, just because so many things go well with it. Peaches, strawberries, raspberries, banana, honey, peanut butter, and yogurt. It's a pretty versatile cereal, so it could spice things up as I live for all eternity.

Best part about doraerawr?
Oh my goodness, I could go on and on about shawn. Besides the fact that he is outrageously adorable, I'd like to point out that how he truly cares for people is enduring. A lot of people that you talk with try to "fish" for opportunities to talk about themselves; I do this and most others do. Shawn doesn't do that at all. He is genuinely interested in people and doesn't expect or necessarily even want anything in return. He just wants to talk with people and he cares about them. He's such a gem; I'm glad him and I met <3

When you see a comic or joke about religion (nothing really offensive, mind you, something light like a far side comic), do you find it funny, or do you think it crosses a line? Where is the line for you? Could you ever laugh at a joke involving or poking fun at religion?
Well, I love Far Side, heh. I'm not really offended by comics about God because they're either a) wrong or b) picking on some ideology that Christians have made up about God. I guess I'm a little concerned about the visual representations it gives people about God (old grandfather in the sky), but even that isn't gonna wreck me. I liked the comics you posted; I smirked at most of them. Obviously they're exaggerations, but I think "poking fun" at something isn't a bad or undesirable thing.

Do you think I should get an avatar at some point or should I remain without one?
Hmm. Get one, in my opinion. I dunno what you should have; lemme think about it for the weekend. We need to get you something cute and completely serious, since that's basically who you are :>

Would you prefer CAP 4 to be a legendary or a pseudo-legendary Pokemon?
Ugh neither, but if I had to pick, pseudo-legendary.

I tend to lose track of time and find out that the day is over and I did very little, any advice?
Hrm. Try scheduling out your day sometime by writing it out on paper. Make it clear what you want to get done and when you want to get it done by. Make sure you leave time to relax and enjoy yourself too! Try that and lemme know how it goes. Also, never be ruled by the phrase "I don't feel like doing it." You have the power to do whatever you want; don't let your physical state get in the way of your goals.

Ah, looks like I'm just in time.
Haha, welcome back! Glad you could squeak in some last questions.

I appreciated reading your answers to my original questions, and as you requested, I have an example of your classic "tehy post." I'm a bit late because forum searching was disabled which is a pain in the butt.

Here is the post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4427847&postcount=28

The post is self evident in my opinion, and there are far worse ones than that. They're just hard to find with the forum lag and no searching. First of all, there's no fact in his post. He's not a "known" player either, so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt like some users. Second, he's off topic and a distraction. Who cares about Gen 6 at this point? He's detrimental in many OU discussions. Third, his attitude is bad. He seems to think his opinion carries some weight that it certainly does not. Yee might be my friend; however, not many users, and definitely not tehy, should post like a "know it all." Fourth issue is a personal preference, I guess. His writing is close to unreadable. Format is terrible, use of "lolbait" and the like. Unreadable. Finally, if it even needs saying, the guy is just an idiot. He can think whatever he wants, but the way he goes about posting it is annoying. He doesn't support his opinion and just posts controversial/flaming things. It's really a bad example for new users. This is mostly a summation of what I already went over.
I cannot say that I'm his biggest fan and I normally skim over his posts because, like you mentioned, I don't think all of his thoughts in OU are worth reading (no offense; just being honest). I think for the most part, his stuff doesn't really get noticed; people just post over him and he doesn't really get any momentum started with his conversation, while the best OU posters really do get that snowball effect with their posts. Formatting and not being a "Smogon Gold Account" user are entirely forgivable and I don't consider those. Not buying the claim that he thinks he's all that too. He posts his opinion, but I don't think he's saying I AM RIGHT ALL OTHERS ARE WRONGS either. Yeah he's often wrong, but I don't think he goes to great ends to push those thoughts. I think a lot of his knowledge is lacking though, so that is something he could fix; I'd agree with that.

This is merely a suggestion as I don't mean to tell you how to do your job. It is my personal conviction that the OU forum could be a better community without users like tehy. Forum bans allow the user to still participate in other forums too. The OU forum seems to be budding, and it pains me to see bad users ruining it.
Yeah, and it's definitely something to take into account. If you haven't noticed, Overused is ridiculously trafficked, so us moderators all have to pull our own weight to make sure the entire forum gets modded. The areas that I frequent (projects, SQSA, and Hub page) don't have a ton of his posts, so I honestly don't have much experience with him. Honestly, Tobes, ginganinja, and Pocket could probably give you better answers. Hope I did alright though! Your thoughts are true on a lot of accounts, so thanks for the suggestion.

more random as fuck questions.

Another rotom related question, if you had the powers of a rotom irl (electrical discharge, flight, phasing through objects, possessing machinery, superhuman flying speed and reflexes
). What would you do with it?
a) become a refrigerator and shoot food at people
b) hide as a toaster and launch toast SUPER FAR into the air
c) fly around the world
d) play more super smash bros melee (reflexes hehe)

Personal thoughts on me as a user?
Ugh, I promised myself I'd be honest in my well, so here it goes. When you started out, your self-deprecation made me not your biggest fan, but I grew to be pretty sympathetic. I remember we had some good chats and that ended up straightening you out quite a bit. I like all the work you do in C&C and don't belittle that at all. However, I think the way you treat new users is atrocious. You pick on them and troll them, and not only is it pointless, but it isn't funny by any means. The logs you posted in mtir were widely regarded as terrible. Stop preying on new users like that; try being helpful instead. Especially with your background, of all people, with people coming from everywhere to help you. Have a heart and love on new users, just like we cared for you, y'know?

most useful pokemon move irl?
I think Fly goes without saying (or Dive, but I'd want an exact number of how deep I could dive). If I had to pick something fun, maybe Transform or Power Trick.

why do my questions make no sense?
I thought they made perfect sense! Thanks for posting; good to see ya =)

I see someone stole my five fetish question and actually made it WORSE by reducing the number. Disgusting.
Sorry. Next time I have a well, I will reserve it for you so it doesn't get snagged.

What is your position on abortion? What do you think of Romney's position on abortion (which is pro-life except in cases of rape/incest/danger to mother)? Is there any way to reconcile this position with the "sanctity of life" argument that is used as the basis of many churches as a pro-life defense (abortion is still unacceptable in the cases of rape/incest)?
Personally, I'm against abortion, but I can see when the cases are desirable. Well, let me start by answering this like a robot and then like a human being. As a human being, it's not my job to figure out rape or when conception should happen. It's in God's hands and it's not really my business to be making those calls. Functions of a fetus start so early, so I am pretty convinced that it's murder, even at an early stage.

That being said, I think there are definitely cases that are more understandable than others. Like Romney, I'm a pretty firm believe that rape/incest/danger to mother are all solid contributions that go into deciding on an abortion. I think that a guy and a girl getting it on irresponsibly and then conceiving is not good grounds for an abortion by any means. As a human with a heart, I'm definitely more sympathetic towards rape cases. I won't judge someone who chooses to have an abortion, but I hope they way out the positives and cons before doing it. There is a reason for every human on this earth, and I think there is something wrong with trying to put that decision of existence in our own hands. There needs to be some pretty good reasons (rape and can't afford the child come to mind) to excuse something as important as stopping a life.

Great question; wish I had more time to dig into this. Sorry that's a pretty brief overview.

You said you believed homosexuality was a sin, but then said it wasn't "a big deal." So you don't think sinning in general is a big deal? I ask because I was raised to believe that sins were direct violations to a set of rules that God would expect his people to live by, and based on that, any sin would be quite a big deal. On a related note, do you think the condition of homosexuality is a sin or homosexual acts themselves, and why?
I'll be more specific then: I don't think it's a big deal in terms of other sins. For example, I struggle greatly with lying; it's something I'm constantly thinking about and trying to avoid. I don't view lying and homosexuality as any different; they're both sins. So while some Christians go out of their way to say CONDEMN HOMOSEXUALS, I don't think that's necessary because we sin just as much as them, if not more. It's stupid to pick and choose which sins are worse. Like you said, they're all a violation, so people need to stop trying to make out some as worse than others. We're all missing the mark that God set up; that's the point.

Homosexual acts themselves are the sins. I am a liar, but the choice that I make to lie each time is the actual sin. I've actually met Christians with strong, homosexual tendencies. Yeah, they still sin and get consumed with those thoughts, but they do what they can to keep it down and trust in God for the rest. I know some people are gonna be disturbed by that, but it's just how I believe, so sorry you don't agree =/. But yeah, it's the action and the choice that is displeasing, not the label that we as a society place.

Top 5 weirdest / most revolting fetishes.
Animal fetishes
Fecal fetishes
Clown fetishes
Robot fetishes (we have the technology)
Air pumping

Will this well officially end?
Right now!

I want to thank everyone that participated in my well. It was a ton of work, and it felt kind of weird to be the center of attention. I'm pretty exhausted from this all and I'm excited to get back to working normal hours on Smogon, haha. As always, I'd love to keep talking with all you lovely people. Catch me with a VM or on IRC sometime and let's continue these conversations. Thanks for putting up with my delays in answers. I hope you all enjoyed the well =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)