The Well #47 - Birkal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know religion discussion on the internet is risky, but the following question had (and/or has had) a decent effect on me.

You say you have a background in the sciences but you're apparently religious. Do you think the two should stay mutually exclusive or that there's hope for combining the two that makes the scientific community happy? (I personally think they should stay away from each other, but I'm still debating with myself on this despite not really being religious. Also, apparently Newton tried to merge the two in his studies at some point, but he also studied alchemy so...)

joshe

the best
user: birkal i am going to ask you some very heart to heart questions that you refused to answer in #pkmn which made me V. SAD so answer them HERE >:(

how would you describe your dream soulmate? THIS DOES NOT HAVE ANY MOTIVATIONAL VENUES STEMMING FROM MY INNER SOUL

make sure you list favorite booty too.......................................

o also pls draw saladmence PLS I LUV U

Never been to one, so I can't say. Unless a cocktail-party story is something different? Is that like, what's my best story I'd say when chilling with people? If so, lemme know and I'll answer this.
Yeah I just meant story-you'd-tell-at-a-cocktail-party, just your best, most interesting story!

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you had to use a rotom-forme in OU, but you werent allowed to use Rotom-W, which one would you use and why?

Do you think trop and i can take over the DHP hall of fame?

solve this math problem for me plz

what is the meaning of life x2, - 81, divided by 3, x38, plus 10, - 6, plus 1?

what if i told you...... We DONT have the technology

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
alright birkal time for some smogon philosophy

why smogon, and why OU? (you are free to interpret what exactly i'm asking in any way you want)

everyone has their days when they just look at smogon and think "shit man do i really wanna be here today?" what, if anything, makes you feel that way, and when you do feel that way, what, if anything, motivates you to get on regardless?

i've always gotten the feeling that there are MANY who maintain the opinion that OU (the forum, sometimes also the metagame but that's someone else's job eh?) is shit. have you ever gotten the feeling that there are a lot of those people? and i rather doubt you agree with them, but what about OU, the forum, needs improvement the most, in your opinion?

do you ever foresee yourself leaving smogon? if so, what do you think it would look like on the day you chose to go, and why would you make that decision? and if not, what would be your reason to keep coming back, or alternatively why is it that you cannot imagine going away?

when you're about to make a post, do you ever find yourself suddenly reconsidering, maybe wanting to put the post away? does this motive become more or less intense the more thought out that post is? is it affected by where or why you are posting?

FINALLY: did you jump into the well willingly.... OR WERE YOU PUSHED?! and in that case, who shall be accused of pushing you

Most notable thing I have done on Smogon in your opinion? (hey you mentioned you knew everyone in the thread for something!)
Least favourite Admin?
If you participated in the DHP which Pokemon would you use?
Favourite Trou thread?
If you had to fight a team of pure Rotoms without using a single Rotom which non-Rotoms would you use to fight said Rotoms?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You didn't really think you'd get through a well without a visit from Smogon's most infamous remaining user, did you?

Hiya Birkal.

Birkal said:
This is going to sound really dumb to almost everyone reading this thread. Ever since I was a little kid, I dreamed of saving my first kiss for my wife. I always thought it'd be awesome to share that gift between just the two of us. I stuck with that really well; the first girl I dated actually dumped me because I refused to kiss her (wanted to real bad though). By the time I got to my latest relationship, I felt that maybe a kiss was necessary for a relationship to be successful in today's society. She really wanted to kiss too, and being a hormonal teen, I obviously wanted to too. So on her birthday, I kissed her. From there, things just kept going downhill. We didn't have sex, but we did things I never dreamed of doing with someone who wasn't my wife. I guess my regret is that I let down my past self my not sticking to my guns. From now on, I'm going back to those roots and following through =)
Dude, I have been through an incredibly similar situation. It's so tough out there for teenagers these days. It just gets worse every day with the shit they put out on TV. Every male is portrayed as an incompetent, oversexed (or undersexed and overly obsessed about it) oaf whose wife and family just put up with his antics - and somehow, the stuff they do is even stupider or more narcissistic than what he does.

What's your general take on the moral direction of TV Programming?

Are you glad I hired you for the CAP slaving mines? Sorry about the whole power-trip drama war that was going on at the time.

What is your position on "The War on Drought" in CAP3?

Who is the most evil CAP mod and why?

Are there any CAP posts that really stand out for you, or is it just the process as a whole?

If you don't vote for Romney, are you afraid fellow Wisconsinite (and Paul) Paul Ryan will hunt you down like an animal in the wilds of Wisconsin?

Would it be physically and/or emotionally possible for you to go on a rampage and ragequit? I kinda need to know now instead of later >_>.

Who is your favorite Marvel superhero? Your favorite DC superhero?

What is the meaning of life?

What is best in life?

Did I ask you enough questions?

What questions would you like me to ask?

Can you grasp the form of my attack?

That'll do it... for now.

If you could create a CAP with a total of three types, what would they be and what would it be based on?

What was the first game you've ever played?

Have you ever wondered would it would be like to phaze through walls?

...Why are you so sexy?

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why do you play pokemon?

How long have you played pokemon?

Where would you be without the help of others?

How many people do you think have had their lives overturned by you?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Are you a procrastinator or a planner? Usually I'm a planner and it's not weird to see me working on assignments that aren't due for another week ahead of time, but this week I've had an assignment that I've put off all weekend and just can't bring myself to do it and it's due Wednesday. aaaaaaaa What is this feeling ;-;

How attached to the Internet in general are you? I always hate admitting just how much of my day is dedicated to the Internet in some shape or form, whether it be for school, FB, Imgur, Cracked, or Smogon. We lost our Internet tonight at the apartment (again), (long story but it's been super shitty lately), and I had to actually leave and go to a friend's house so I could do my homework. What do you think this says about our society too?

Do you wear something special to you everyday? I wear a Pride bracelet everyday, and have been since Freshman year here at Madison. I feel so lost without it lol.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
GAH FRICK NOOOO

had a huge post written up with answers; smogon failed me; I forgot to save my post in a word document. the entire thing got deleted no no no no ;__; ;__; It's 1:30am and I have a class in 6 hours. I'll do this tomorrow, ugh I'm sorry. Keep asking questions though; thanks for your understanding

EDIT:

would you let ogle touch your penis?
No.

Unless it was a life or death situation. Then yeah I guess.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You are granted the ability to transform any object into an edible substance of your choice. What substance do you choose?

You suddenly find yourself in the middle of an arena, surrounded by bears equipped with nunchuks. What's your plan?

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
/me pet Birkal

Right it's nearly Wednesday!! oops >.>

Anyway, on to the questions!

What keeps you motivated to do so much work on Smogon :O

Why are you doing so much work / do you feel that you are doing too much?

What do you like most about Smogon !_!

What's one thing about the way Smogon works that you think is the worst? not including the lurk more culture you already said~

Describe Oglemi in 6 words since you met him :P (6 because the no of Rotom formes + normal x.x)

Whats the favorite forum that you do not mod ^_^

How do you think you will depart Smogon when the time comes?

K enough about smogon >.> ---------------

What is your aim in life? :)

What do you think is the most important thing in life?

Is the world made for people or the people made for the world.

If you were to learn that you have gotten a terminal disease and have like 3 months left, what would you do? (not cursing you ahhhhhh >.>)

Sorry I ask too many questions ;_;

what's your favorite part about me?

if you had to make love to an animal which one would you make love to?

is there any pokemon you have the hots for?

what's the weirdest place you've put your penis in?

what's the weirdest thing you've put down your pants?

have you ever caressed yourself in public?

how much wood could a birkal fuck if a birkal loved fucking wood?

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
how does it feel to be wanted on facebook

how does it feel to know that Solace and V0x and I /will/ find you

If you could revive any classical composer and teach them something, who would you revive and what would you teach?

(I assume they ask you this in all your job interviews)

Also since you offered:

What do you think of the bible (or any holy book) as a moral basis? (Is it? Is it a guideline? Is it no longer applicable?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)