This is for cricket fans!

lol,break anything pots or vases yet?
Haha I have actually, although that was when I was batting (using a badminton racket, don't ask lol). Our living room is of decent size so if you just move the table to the side there is a fair bit of free space to bowl at the door. It's fun though. Due to the lack of space (compared to what you would get outdoors) I've learned to bowl from a very short run up but still be able to deliver at full tilt. So it's not all bad =)

don't ask? dude you're practically inviting me to make fun of you :0 lol,where do you live by the way?

actually..there are cricket clubs in Toronto,you could actually take up the game a bit more seriously if ya qanted ;)

actually..there are cricket clubs in Toronto,you could actually take up the game a bit more seriously if ya qanted ;)
Oh it's not due to the lack of clubs. School/work are big priorities and finding time to play the game (and going to a club to practice etc) is hard. I wish there were just people who had all the equipment and we can just play casually (still hard fought stuff but yea) on a school ground near by. Joining a club is if your looking for serious competitive stuff.

I fail to understand how people can pick dumbasses like Venugopal Rao for 700000 effing bucks, and let better T20 players such as Thushara go unsold. Also, I found it irksome that the franchise owners asked for unbid players to be re-auctioned, and not a single bloody owner bid even a cent for the first 12 names. Do they think this is a joke? Do they think this is some fish market where they can buy, sell, and discard as they place? Cricketers deserve respect.

And as if that wasn't enough, they were all grinning and laughing like idiots when Kaif's name was announced for the final time by the auctioneer, and in the end he was bought for a measly 130000 dollars. Agreed, Kaif is not exactly a big-hitting batsman of any sorts, but his experience, athletic fielding and ability to rotate the strike actively are assets that any team would appreciate- particular those which don't have a strong middle order to fall back on in case the openers fail- and is therefore certainly worth more than the measly 130000 dollars he was bought for. At least give him the respect he deserves; his getting bought in the end is not a petty joke which the franchises bosses could have a light moment upon; it is an indication of how biased the whole IPL auction is. Money, Money, Money, Glamour, nothing else, rinse and repeat.

[end of rant]

Also, I found it irksome that the franchise owners asked for unbid players to be re-auctioned, and not a single bloody owner bid even a cent for the first 12 names.
Yeah this really fucked me off too. Just a waste of time; nothing more, nothing less.

Also the auction makes me wonder if the people that do the bidding actually pay any attention to players' performances. Some of it was just fucking stupid.

Based on what I saw during the Ashes Series, England will win the WC. They made Australia look like shit from every perspective.

As for Australia's next captain, I think it should be Watson. He is a reliable batsman and he is a dam good bowler. He will probably be captain, but Clarke is shit and too caught up in the media, and he can't bowl.

Watson isn't captain material though. Sure he can bat and bowl but I can't see him leading the team. Clarke is pretty shit atm yeah but at least he's experienced.

haha yeah the SA game was totally awesome to watch! don't get much nail biting finishes like the one we had the other day.
Watson has really shown his worth these past few months, amazing innings today... I always thought he was one of the best all-rounders in the world and hes finally getting the tons that he deserves and also picking up wickets. Still not good enough to get close to Kallis... but second best ain't too shabby either :)
NZ vs Pak pretty even stevens so far ... will be an interesting day tomorrow

Fuck me that Watson hundred was good. About bloody time too, and hopefully that shuts people up about him.

Hm good to see Vettori get another hundred but Pakistan seem to be cruising along at 286/4 so it'll be an interesting match.

lol why does getting 161* make you captain material?

pretty disappointed with the nz performance today. i mean we didn't collapse as horribly as last time, but we looked set to get 300 easily and fucked it up. 270 is easy to get in a day and pakistan should win comfortably assuming they don't collapse too (which is just as likely as an nz collapse). tomorrow should be interesting either way though.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
270 is a good score. I mean ideally they should have tried for 300 lead but that didnt happen, if there had been more time, I would have been looking to declare with a 250ish lead around about 10 overs before the end of play.

Basically, a draw is as good as a loss for NZ, and if they bowl Pakistan out, then it is extremely unlikely they will get anywhere near 250.

Have a nice day.

Watson future captain. And it was 150.
Watson isn't calm enough under pressure to be Captain.

The best Captains of Australia have always had a few common qualities

- Calmness under pressure
- Knowledge of the sport
- Skills with Leadership and Decision making

There were times in Steve Waugh's career when he was averaging about 20 for a series with the bat, but he stayed calm and led the team to victory, individual performances do not a captain make.

hm the last day of the nz vs pakistan match was pretty good. it's a shame vettori wasn't that devastating, and it was kinda surprising that he didn't get much turn based on the previous day. oh well, a draw is better than nothing. it was odd to see pakistan not even try at all for the win (which they could've done really easily), not even just go for it until a wicket went down or something like that, idk.

odis should be interesting. not sure which way it'll go but it'll be close probably.

I was pretty disappointed to see they didn't try and win, but really it changed when younis got out because then they were at risk of being bowled out.. so I think the right decision was made there. The ODI's are gonna be fun to watch definitely.. I'll be looking out for them. On a side note.. SA choke again lol.....:toast:

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NZ look set to win this as Ryder smashes boundaries everywhere. I like Southee and it was nice to see him get a 5 wicket bag today.

pretty good all-round performance by nz and pretty terrible batting by pakistan although the bowling may have made it look worse. hopefully we can play like that in the world cup.

also i really like ryder+guptill opening and mccullum down at 6ish, since mccullum is just such a good finisher and guptill always should've opened after his debut hundred.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
There are 20 days until the World Cup, so you know what that means...

SMOGON FANTASY CRICKET!!

Create your team here.

League name: Smogon
League PIN: 128

Got some consolidation for the Ashes lost.... really good to see brett back up to full form. I still think England is the better team though.Clarke finding some form is a great sign for Australia. NZ vs Pak series is as alive as it can get... can't wait for the next encounter! Hopefully Hafeez will shine again :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)