This is for cricket fans!

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
NZ to play SA in the quarter, with (I assume) a good chance of facing Aus in the Semi, and pretty much the smallest possible chance of facing india before the final.

This is good. Avoiding the subcontinent teams..

Have a nice day.

so basically we have to get through the three strongest teams to win. :/

netherlands vs ireland was such a fun match to watch.

Pak vs Australia was awesome to watch... really enjoyed the beating the aussies got :D
Semis are going to be totally awesome really! Will enjoy them a lot :).

India manages to gain some much-needed momentum in its final Group stage match, thrashing WI by 80-odd runs. The endgame collapse was all too painfully familiar to watch, though.

Australia's batting looks suspect, especially against spin bowling. If we can manage their fast bowlers well, we have a gilt-edged chance of making it to the semi's, where it will mostly be a mouthwatering Ind vs Pak clash. Fingers crossed.

It will also be fitting if Sachin gets his 100th ton against the Aussies, a team which has always found him as an eternal roadblock to their success. I certainly hope they do so on Thursday, too. Good luck, and may you win India!

India manages to gain some much-needed momentum in its final Group stage match, thrashing WI by 80-odd runs. The endgame collapse was all too painfully familiar to watch, though.

Australia's batting looks suspect, especially against spin bowling. If we can manage their fast bowlers well, we have a gilt-edged chance of making it to the semi's, where it will mostly be a mouthwatering Ind vs Pak clash. Fingers crossed.

It will also be fitting if Sachin gets his 100th ton against the Aussies, a team which has always found him as an eternal roadblock to their success. I certainly hope they do so on Thursday, too. Good luck, and may you win India!
Yeah we need to sort out that batting collapse issue and fast. Can't afford one of those. Especially against the Aussies. I'm really scared for this match.. should we end up losing =(

One things for sure though. The Indian team will be really pumped up. Not just because it's the Quarter finals but because it's against the Aussies. I hope we pull through.

All right, we can chase 261. It isn't a very big score, after all.

We bowled well on a slow pitch, the spinners in particular. What was heartening to see was our improved fielding effort.

Apparently, Ponting desperately wanted that hundred, so he went and bribed Ian Gould. He gave him not out twice, frickin' two times.

Hope Sachin get ton no. 100 today. Good luck India!

Awesome match. Yuvraj is back in full flow. Ind v Pak.. haha.. can't even imagine how that will pan out. Really hope we bat first. Pak's bowling attack is pretty strong. Gonna be a cracker.

Also hoping SA lose against NZ. Tough ask though for the black caps.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Awesome match. Yuvraj is back in full flow. Ind v Pak.. haha.. can't even imagine how that will pan out. Really hope we bat first. Pak's bowling attack is pretty strong. Gonna be a cracker.

Also hoping SA lose against NZ. Tough ask though for the black caps.
Personally, I think that India should always be chasing, we seem to be good at it. We always have some sort of mental breakdown while batting first.

1992-21 to win from 1 ball
1996-Lara magic
1999-Tragic Tie
2003-Duckworth Demise
2007-Blown away by the Aussies
and now,
2011-110 / 2 to 172 all out

South Africa, when will you ever stop choking...

Hahaha seen the name Khawaja being thrown around and my family knows his family. Bragging aside, i was really surprised at the outcome of SA v NZ, i thought that South Africa had it in the bag honestly. Everyone knows that India v Pakistan is going to be an amazing match but im more interested with NZ and Sri Lanka. I mean, with NZ beating SA i feel like it could swing either way. Mostly it'll come down to Vettori's performance and probably Malinga and Murali for each side. Oh well, Kinda cool knowing atleast 1 team from the Asian Sub continent is going to be in the finals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)