Two type move combos and their coverage

I'm sorry to repeat if this wasn't already mentioned, but what about Dragon + Fire? It's only resisted by Heatran, and, in theory, Mew can power through entire teams with SD, Flame Charge, Dragon Claw, and Earthquake.
100 attack/speed is not enough to break through a team with unSTABed perfect coverage, and psychic is not great defensively, so it's easy to revenge.

I'm sorry to repeat if this wasn't already mentioned, but what about Dragon + Fire? It's only resisted by Heatran, and, in theory, Mew can power through entire teams with SD, Flame Charge, Dragon Claw, and Earthquake.
It was already mentioned, but that is very true. Most Dragon-types can tear through faces with a Dragon move and a Fire move for un-resisted covered barring Heatran. Dragonite's Outrage and Fire Punch or Salamence's Draco Meteor/Outrage and Flamethrower/Fire Blast can essentially tear through teams, since nothing but Heatran resists both attacks. And even a Mew could theoretically tear through teams with its' Dragon/Fire coverage moves as well.

It was already mentioned, but that is very true. Most Dragon-types can tear through faces with a Dragon move and a Fire move for un-resisted covered barring Heatran. Dragonite's Outrage and Fire Punch or Salamence's Draco Meteor/Outrage and Flamethrower/Fire Blast can essentially tear through teams, since nothing but Heatran resists both attacks. And even a Mew could theoretically tear through teams with its' Dragon/Fire coverage moves as well.
I'm sorry, but no. Mew isn't going to sweep with dragon/fire. It works for dragon-types because they have high attacking stats and STAB on their dragon-type moves. The fire coverage hits the only resistors super-effectively, and this allows them to sweep. Mew doesn't have the power to do it.

I'm sorry, but no. Mew isn't going to sweep with dragon/fire. It works for dragon-types because they have high attacking stats and STAB on their dragon-type moves. The fire coverage hits the only resistors super-effectively, and this allows them to sweep. Mew doesn't have the power to do it.
I wasn't saying Mew could sweep anything, I was saying it has the coverage moves to do it. Not that it really could anyways. I would stick to Salamence and friends for that, and in Ubers, there's always Reshiram, who can take Heatran for a ride with Turbo Blaze cancelling Flash Fire out and giving the molten piece of metal a Blue Flare to the face.

I never said it had STAB on Close Combat. I'm saying it's an abuser of those type of moves.
And while I do see the point of Kyurem being walled by Steels STAB wise, just add Focus Miss, though more often than not, it will...errr...miss...

I never said it had STAB on Close Combat. I'm saying it's an abuser of those type of moves.
And while I do see the point of Kyurem being walled by Steels STAB wise, just add Focus Miss, though more often than not, it will...errr...miss...
Yes, but the point was to find STAB abusers of two-move coverage. And the entire thread is about two move coverage, not three.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I think Normal/Fighting with Scrappy is only resisted by Shedinja.
This is true, and has been pointed out before, but I'm not going to factor abilities into the offensive coverage section, just defensive, and only then when it's the most common ability.

Alright most notable users have been added to the OP, along with highlighting dual STAB pokemon.

If anyone else has a suggestion for dual type move combos that are resisted by less than 10 pokemon, please mention so...

This is true, and has been pointed out before, but I'm not going to factor abilities into the offensive coverage section, just defensive, and only then when it's the most common ability.
Abilities are always worth taking into account. There is no reason to reduce the amount of information shared about alternative combinations and their resistors.

Regarding the OP, Porygon-Z does not use Shadow Ball, Gengar does not use Hyper Beam, and neither of those combinations are Ghost/Fighting.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Just found a surprisingly good one: Water/Poison.

Resisted only by Ferrothorn, Empoleon, Jellicent, Qwilfish, and Tentacruel.

Just found a surprisingly good one: Water/Poison.

Resisted only by Ferrothorn, Empoleon, Jellicent, Qwilfish, and Tentacruel.
But would anything want to use that in OU, at least? Especially since, just like water/normal, it is flat out walled by 2 of the most popuar defensive pokemon in the game? Also, Poison attacks are generally limited to either Gunk Shot (Crappy accuracy) and Poison Jab (lol) on the physical side (Special side is not so bad, but still extremely weak w/o STAB and virtually no supereffective coverage).

tl;dr: Water types may as well just use Water/Normal, Poison type attackers are rare because poison is an awful attacking type. May have some utility on an offensive Tentacruel, but even then...

By the way, psypokes has a type combo calculator for this kind of thing (just thought it might help):
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/atktypeanalysis.php

Cryogonal (Levitate) also resists Ice / Ground.
Maybe my post just got ignored, but yah, Cryogonal still needs to be updated in for Ice/Ground, and if somebody used that attack type analysis, it'll say that Water/Poison is resisted by:
Dialga, Toxicroak (Dry Skin), Empoleon, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Gastrodon (Storm Drain), Giratina, Giratina-O, Seismitoad (Water Absorb, not released yet but yah), Tentacruel, Shedinja (Wonder Guard), Quagsire (Water Absorb).

I'm not sure if we're ignoring certain pokemon (like Surskit) or certain tiers, but yah, that's just listing all of them that are final form of evolution.

1) Lulz on listing notable users for normal/ghost in the fighting/ghost section, it was a long list so it happens, and I adjusted it :)

But just for technicalities sake, yes Porygon-Z learns Shadow Ball and Gengar learn's Hyper Beam, check bulbapedia's page for each poke.

2) The more versions of this list, the merrier. I'm just keeping the one in the OP text based for copy/paste purposes and the like.

3) When listing pokemon that use the type combos mentioned in the list, we are only choosing the most notable, that is why Rhyperior is mentioned but not Golem (Onix has a further evolution, Steelix). Tad subjective, but you can understand :)

4) Water/Poison has ten resists, so it can't be listed unfortunately. Although if it was decided that we extend the least to under 15 pokemon, I'll add it along with other deleted combos.

5) Cryogonal will be added to Ice/Ground resists.

Dragonite is a great user of the Flying/Water combo with Hurricane and Aqua Tail, I would put him next to Gyarados.

I don't think there's any more resisted only by under 10, I tried every type together, except for the obvious ones that don't work, like Ice & Rock. (both resisted by Steel) Some come pretty close, like Water/Ghost and Electric/Ghost both have 10 resists. Electirc/Normal, Fighting/Ice and Water/Rock all have 12 resists, dunno who would use Electric/Normal though. Maybe someone with STAB Return/Double Edge and Wild Charge, like Stoutland maybe?

I don't think there's any more resisted only by under 10, I tried every type together, except for the obvious ones that don't work, like Ice & Rock. (both resisted by Steel) Some come pretty close, like Water/Ghost and Electric/Ghost both have 10 resists. Electirc/Normal, Fighting/Ice and Water/Rock all have 12 resists, dunno who would use Electric/Normal though. Maybe someone with STAB Return/Double Edge and Wild Charge, like Stoutland maybe?
Stoutland is Normal-Type.

Why the necro?

Update time:

Dunno how I missed this or anyone else for that matter, but Reshiram and his Stabs are just bloody unresisted, period.

Unresisted due to ability (Turboblaze):

Resisted by: None
Most Notable Users: Reshiram

Update time:

Dunno how I missed this or anyone else for that matter, but Reshiram and his Stabs are just bloody unresisted, period.

Unresisted due to ability (Turboblaze):

Resisted by: None
Most Notable Users: Reshiram
Wouldn't this also apply to Mold Breaker Haxorus (Dragon+Fighting is only resisted by Shedinja due to its ability, which Haxorus ignores).

Also, sorry to be a bit nit-picky but Shedinja resists Normal/Ground and Fire Punch is spelled Pwnch next to Dragonite as a notable user of Dragon-Fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)