Unneeded things in pokemon!

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Riolu isn't a baby poke, because breeding two Lucario gets you Riolu, no Incenses necessary.

Riolu isn't a baby poke, because breeding two Lucario gets you Riolu, no Incenses necessary.
By that token, all of the Johto pre-evolutions are simply first stagers, as incenses became a thing after Gen III because of continuity issues.

Edit: Quasi-ninjask'd(or shedinja'd?).

Don't mind me, but Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid and Magby don't require incenses, too. Actually, the requirement on incenses only apply to the retconned babies of the 4th gen. Their real property is that they are not able to breed until they reach a later stage.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Oh, I did not know that. Thanks, I now know exactly what baby mons are, although I never regarded Riolu as a baby Mon.

this does makes me wonder why nidorina and nidoqueen cannot breed, though...

...early menopause?
Oooor from its FireRed Dex entry...

The body is covered by stiff, needle-like scales. If it becomes excited, the needles bristle outwards.

I don't think no body would touch that.

i'd like to know how many people actually played the slots for most of their coins if they knew that they could buy them.
Like normal gambling, I cheated and timed a slot just right to where I could always get three 777's. I needed a Porygon for my all Normal run, and when you first come across it you don't have all the money's in the world. :P

i'd like to know how many people actually played the slots for most of their coins if they knew that they could buy them.
I could always hit 777 in the FR/LG game corner, but never in any other game. One day I decided I wanted those nice TM's and spent a few hours getting really good at the slots.

Musicals, poffin making etc. are useless. They don't add to the game at all and try to give the illusion of more game content. The time wasted on stuff like that could of been used to create a new town or cave to explore, which would actually add to the game.

I also see no need to make the Poke Studios area so big with nothing to do.

Musicals, poffin making etc. are useless. They don't add to the game at all and try to give the illusion of more game content. The time wasted on stuff like that could of been used to create a new town or cave to explore, which would actually add to the game.

People might argue that Poffins are useful, if they think that Contest are fun, and want to win them. However, everything else you said is completely useless! Pokéstar studios is basically a fake battle where they tell you which buttons to press!

People might argue that Poffins are useful, if they think that Contest are fun, and want to win them. However, everything else you said is completely useless! Pokéstar studios is basically a fake battle where they tell you which buttons to press!
If some people like musicals that's fine, but they are in the minority. I'm sure everyone would prefer a longer main game instead of these distractions.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
They're essentially minigames. They don't really add much to the game (musicals basically add nothing unless you're trying to collect all of the accessories), but they're supposed to be fun and an alternative to wandering around the region for the entire game. Are you saying that minigames shouldn't exist?

This I can agree with, although it does look nice.

They're essentially minigames. They don't really add much to the game (musicals basically add nothing unless you're trying to collect all of the accessories), but they're supposed to be fun and an alternative to wandering around the region for the entire game. Are you saying that minigames shouldn't exist?
If it takes away from time and resources which could have been used to better the main game, then yes. Although I do not know how different the game would have been without them. I really doubt Gamefreak was like "We want to add this new, great town which will be important to the main story line, but unfortunately we need to work on musicals and so can't finish it". If it was important enough and meaningful enough they would have found the time to put it in. Musicals and such were only likely put in after the rest of the game was thought out and had maintained good progress. But then again, they very well may have prevented the fabled ice/fighting pokemon from being finished, who knows.

If lots of people play and enjoy them that's great. I'd just prefer they put all the resources into something more related to the main game, but that's just my opinion

Darmantian Zen Mode; seriously the game is based on OHKOs/2HKOs, a forme change that changes the STABS and requires different moves AND EVs for usefulness... well thats ridiculous.

Darmantian Zen Mode; seriously the game is based on OHKOs/2HKOs, a forme change that changes the STABS and requires different moves AND EVs for usefulness... well thats ridiculous.
I don't think it's the problem, Meloetta can change form and take advantage of both pretty easily with a mixed EV spread. The real problem with Darmanitan Z is that it transforms to the bulky and slow form at low HP when it can't outspeed anything and can't take any hit because of the low HP making this form useless.

If the high HP form was the slow and bulky variant and the low HP form was the fast form, it would have been much more useful, similar to the endure salac berry sets.

I don't think it's the problem, Meloetta can change form and take advantage of both pretty easily with a mixed EV spread. The real problem with Darmanitan Z is that it transforms to the bulky and slow form at low HP when it can't outspeed anything and can't take any hit because of the low HP making this form useless.

If the high HP form was the slow and bulky variant and the low HP form was the fast form, it would have been much more useful, similar to the endure salac berry sets.
definitely. belly drumming it down to that range might actually be a somewhat viable option in that case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)