Status
Not open for further replies.
UU Can Party Too
aka Lower Tiers Need Love

Approved by Earthworm and the Tournament Director Team
Hosted by SethZiBritannia

This is a BW2 OU tournament!

Tournament Description:

UU, BL (and BL2), and RU have some excellent threats just waiting in the wings for OU players to bring them into the mix. Underrated Pokemon run amok in the lower tiers. This is the premise of this tournament. Each round, pokemon will be randomly selected from lower tiers (UU, RU, BL[2], and possibly NU) and presented in a list in the OP. The player’s job is to choose two Pokemon from this list and build an OU team around those Pokemon.

The list of pokemon to choose from will be randomly generated and about twelve pokemon long. 3 will be definitely UU, 5 will be definitely RU, and the rest will be randomly generated from all tiers (BL - NU). This tournament will test your ability to implement lower tier Pokemon into a harsh OU metagame, and also test your ability to adapt to newer threats with which you OU players may not be as readily familiar.

This tournament emphasizes teambuilding, as the lists will change each round.

Here is your Pokemon list for round 5, courtesy of the RNG. Don't forget. Use two of them. Make a team. Send a log afterwards. =) Choose two, and choose wisely.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: FINALS WILL FOLLOW A THE SAME FORMAT AS SEMIFINALS. EACH SERIES WILL BE A BEST-OF-FIVE using your teams from the first five rounds! :D All lists are below for your convenience.

The first match played in the Bo5 will be the ROUND 5 list. The loser will then determine which of the next ones gets played, and that continues.

Round 1
Zoroark, Crobat, Registeel, Archeops, Cofagrigus, Cryogonal, Accelgor, Smeargle, Slaking, Regice, Emboar, Durant

Round 2
Claydol, Cobalion, Cresselia, Hariyama, Crustle, Sceptile, Electivire, Scolipede, Rampardos, Cinccino, Golurk, Floatzel

Round 3
Druddigon, Jynx, Entei, Zangoose, Klingklang, Sigilyph, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Amoonguss, Venomoth, Krookodile, Quagsire

Round 4
Chandelure, Darmanitan, Sandslash, Lilligant, Galvantula, Kabutops, Feraligatr, Zangoose, Vanilluxe, Gorebyss, Exeggutor, Ludicolo

Round 5
Porygon-Z, Azelf, Magneton, Gallade, Crawdaunt, Qwilfish, Sawsbuck, Alomomola, Emolga, Shuckle, Shedinja, Rotom-F

No usage stats from last round to prevent counterteaming for this series.

Tournament Rules:
• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
• Standard OU - Singles
• Best of one[semis/finals best of 5]
• Single elimination
• The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Online.
• No, absolutely any circumstances, johns.
• You must submit the log so I’m sure you followed the tournament regulations, and so I can track the metagame. I will release metagame statistics at the end.

GENESECT AND SUCH ARE ALLOWED. ILLEGAL MOVESETS SUCH AS SPIKES + SLEEP POWDER ROSERADE ARE BANNED. PS MAY ALLOW THEM. AFTER RECENT EVENTS, I WILL NOT.

Battle Clauses:
• Evasion Clause
• OHKO Clause
• Sleep Clause
• Species Clause
• Timed Battle
• Wifi Clause

FINALS
FelixMinamimoto vs. dragonuser

No deadline, folks! Get it done in a timely manner though. dragonuser plays quickly and Felix johns. This is how it goes.

If you play on PS!, copy and paste the text of your battles to send to me. If you play on PO, send me your logs in text form as well as aesoft form. Please take every precaution I get the logs. I want records of this :) Also, post when and where you're going to play!

Be a good sport. In victory or defeat, this is just Pokemon.

Predictions welcomed.

I can get Orichalcos Owl to do a writeup for the final but if anyone feels like it just PM it to me and I'll add it. <3

We are either playing tomorrow after 8pm EDT or on Tuesday at an unscheduled time. I will let you folks know.

Edit: Yeah, playing at 9pm Tuesday night, EDT. On Po2 Grotto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)