Iconic vs SatiSuicune
abub_banded vs danmantincan - dunno
Frizy vs Huntofthelion
Lady Bug vs Bobtheball4
SilentVerse vs .CarloO~

good luck all :3

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The winner must send me a log of the battle. I need to know that players have stuck to the 100 'theme points' rule, and to ensure that players don't use consecutive themes. If the winner does not send me a PM or I find they have not stuck to the 100 'theme points' rule, then they will have to redo their battle or be disqualified in the latter case.
This is a rather important rule right here, considering that after we played our game, Fuzznip didn't save the log. We re-played, and I won. I did save the log. I have the logs for both games.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok, reachzero sent me the log from the first match and since Fuzznip had stuck to the 100 theme points there, Fuzznip gets the win. I did state in that paragraph that if the winner doesn't have the log, I can check with their opponent to see if they've stuck to it. It's just obviously easier if the winner saves it. I've also added this to the front of the rule to make it easier to see.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
won against Bob, gg

Also, I forgot to save the log, so I asked someone else to save it for me. I hope you're OK with that.

Something just came up tonight which means that I will probably be unable to put the proper time into team making before the team deadline so you should sub me out unless I can get an extension.

Forget that. I will have internet where I am going.

Each team must reach a total of 100 'theme points' for their team to be legal in the respective theme. You can go over 100 points though. They also must have the move Rain Dance you are doing the Rain Dance theme or a Pokemon which summons that weather to qualify for a particular theme.
"Each team must reach a total of 100 'theme points' for their team to be legal in the respective theme. You can go over 100 points though."

That got me confused at first as both sentences are bit contradictory. ""Each team must consist of at least 100 'theme points' for their team to be legal in the respective theme." That sentence would make more sense.

Also, what about using more than one theme on a team? Is it allowed for you to use, lets say Rain Dance along with Hail? Or is it just one theme?

And what about, say using a Omastar with the ability Swift Swim on a Hail team? Does that go against the Hail team requirements even though I've already used 100 theme points for the Hail theme? And what if I give that Omastar the move Rain Dance? Does that go against the Hail team requirements even though I've already used 100 theme points for the Hail theme?

looking way too much into this

1.) it can go over 100 points as he said
2.) only one theme can count per round
3.) if you hit your themes 100 point count, then you can use whatever the hell you want.

2.) only one theme can count per round
3.) if you hit your themes 100 point count, then you can use whatever the hell you want.

So if I use a Rain Dance theme, then am I allowed to have a Snover in my team when my Rain theme team already consists of 100 points to be considered a Rain Dance theme?

you'd have to ask joel for confirmation but as long as you have rain dance theme + rd on the team and reach 100 points, my guess would be you could have snover. why you would .... i don't know but ask joel just to be safe!

Also, I guess it's too late for this idea but I think it would've been a lot more fun if themes were randomly distributed to us. Rather than choosing our own theme. As I don't see much diversity going on in this tournament. Would be awesome if you can do statistics at the end of the tournament of what themes were used.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure you have to use at least 100 points, have at least 1 "weather" inducer of the field effect you are using and then you can do whatever you use.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Each team must reach a total of 100 'theme points' for their team to be legal in the respective theme. You can go over 100 points though."

That got me confused at first as both sentences are bit contradictory. ""Each team must consist of at least 100 'theme points' for their team to be legal in the respective theme." That sentence would make more sense.

I don't really see how it can be that confusing, but I'll change it to what you said to make it even simpler.

Also, what about using more than one theme on a team? Is it allowed for you to use, lets say Rain Dance along with Hail? Or is it just one theme?

Use whatever you want once you have 100 theme points in your chosen theme.

And what about, say using a Omastar with the ability Swift Swim on a Hail team? Does that go against the Hail team requirements even though I've already used 100 theme points for the Hail theme? And what if I give that Omastar the move Rain Dance? Does that go against the Hail team requirements even though I've already used 100 theme points for the Hail theme?

Nothing can go against a team's requirements once you have 100 theme points. The idea is that you will consider the other themes when making your team so may be using certain things to counter them.

So if I use a Rain Dance theme, then am I allowed to have a Snover in my team when my Rain theme team already consists of 100 points to be considered a Rain Dance theme?
Yes, feel free to use whatever you want. Just keep in mind that if somehow you get over 100 points in two themes, I'm counting that as using both those for the round and you won't be able to use either as otherwise people could easily get around the consecutive rule.

I'm also keeping a track of the themes used each round so I'll post them in the Final once they choose their teams.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
VM'ed opponent a few days ago, no response to that. Sent a PM, will see if he responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)