VGC '12 France National - Paris - March 17th - WON BY bharmalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMG Havak you stole my spotlight j/k as I just came home and wanted to post one of the group pics, but my sis has not sent me the pic yet :(

So, I got back home from Paris 2 hours ago. Had a wonderful time there, even though I didn´t qualify for worlds.

Beat Albert in round 2 in one (which were actually two) of the arguably most controversial battles of the tournament. After the tournament I heard rumors and people told me they heard rumors about what happened, but that doesn´t matter right now. The official rules should have a clear decision for such a case, I´ll read the rules again carefully to make sure what they say about that particular situation or whether they deal with it, at all. I´ll get into more detail what exactly happened later.

Won three matches but tie-lost in round 3 to the French Blissey guy Galloks wrote about a few posts above me (his ingame name was Ken and btw. he almost won that TV battle in top 16, he froze the foe Chande but missed quite a few Blizzards alongside Sing lol). He hit 4/4 Blizzards with Blissey against me of course, one of them froze me, which proved to be game deciding, obviously. The luck equals itself out over the course of a few battles it seems, because I had some hax against Albert, but luck is a huge part of this game. But, I´d like to say that I think the third game-deciding tie rule is unfair and needs to be changed, because Blissey always wins the scenario. I´ll post more about this crazy battle I had against Ken later, as well.

I wasn´t even angry or disapppointed or anything, because the battles I had were really ridiculous, interesting and weird. Basically I was the last one to finish my pre-finalist lounge battles with the (by far) most pokémon professor involvement in the entire tourney. The thing is, Pokémon´s just a game, but becomes a serious business between hard-training pro´s that fly up to 1000 km to a qualifier. The Pokémon professor´s a cool guy and understands that, thanks for that.

My rather unique team was tested and worked quite well on PO where all I see is Zapdos, Hitmontop, Metagross etc. you can name them all, but sadly I faced none of those three in any of my three rounds and all my battles were very close...this sucks a bit because in the later rounds that I saw on TV, those were the pokémon that made it and got the tickets to Hawaii.

Yep, 3 of the top 8 were Germans, 2 of the top 8 were British, 2 of the top 8 were Spaniards and 1 was Italian, but people should stop bashing the French, just imagine your national would be crowded by 30+ German, British and Spanish players who play the game at the top level, plus it´s single elimination.

Congrats again to those who made it, Martin, Yoshi, Rob & andycid.

I enjoyed the time after the tourney the most, I´m glad that I met again the people I knew from previous tournaments and many new people (mostly British), you´re all super cool. Thanks for the awesome time.

Here´s the group pics taken by my sis.

What's with the sunglasses there was no sun in the sky and you guys just came outside?

EDIT: Thanks for posting these photos! I am the guy pointing at the british flag for those who don't know. :)

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Because sunglasses make you look cool, I'm pretty sure thats a proven scientific fact. Didn't want to risk any burns if the sun decided to show itself from behind the clouds.

If you had glasses, I'm sure you would have put them on for the photos.

Yep, 3 of the top 8 were Germans, 2 of the top 8 were British, 2 of the top 8 were Spaniards and 1 was Italian, but people should stop bashing the French, just imagine your national would be crowded by 30+ German, British and Spanish players who play the game at the top level, plus it´s single elimination.
To conclude on the frenchfail, see the previous top 4 in France
2009 : 1 freenchman
2010 : 3
2011 : 2
2012 : 0

hehe pokerob, you're always smiling :D

Hi,

Congratulations Alex 3 º in VGC in France (Paris), qualified for the World Championship to be held in August in the Hawaiian Islands (Waikoloa).

The top three Championship of France 2012 senior vgc
1 Bharmalm
2 Repray
3 Pokealex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)