What has Smogon done for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
What smogon has done for me after 1000 posts!

Alrighty, I really want to say what smogon has actually done for me, and what better post to say it in than in the big 1000!

Yeah, well it's obviously made me better at pokemon and stuff, but I don't really care about that. I care more about the real life stuff that it's done for me.

First off, it's given me an excuse to actually go on the internet every time I go on my computer. Seriously, this place at least has some interesting discussion to read, unlike most of my textbooks at school.

Well, smogon has helped me with personal issues and such, and has done a damn good job at it as well.

Let's see which things I can remember:

Smogon has helped me get more motivated in my schoolwork, which was a huge issue. Of course, I still never do my homework, but that's just me, I must say that I am a lot more motivated though.

Hmm, well I used to be horrendously shy before coming on this site, and thanks to all the advice from guys like DM, everything has gotten so much better. I remember I used to have trouble saying hi to girls, now I wonder what the hell was so hard about it.

I used to have a lot of trouble with having long conversations and such, but now I have super-long conversations everyday because of the tips in that thread that I had made. I honestly learned a lot from that thread, and now I'm a pro at listening and asking questions, which are my strong points.

Before that, I was so paranoid about drug use that my tolerance of people who did the stuff was at rock bottom. Although I still absolutely don't like it, I can tolerate it, and I don't totally look away when I see someone doing drugs, although I still hate seeing it.

Ahh, the stories that have been shared on this site. I remember some of the big chuckles I got, such as that quote.

"I asked for an adamant orb and they traded me an adamant voltorb."

Heh, that had to have been by far, the funniest quote I have ever read on this site!

All in all, I'd actually have to say that the mods/admins have been the most helpful to me on this site, because they're the senior members, and as a result were the ones in the advice threads that I made, and they were the ones giving the advice that made me try new approaches and find one that truly worked for me.

Thanks for everything, keep up the greatness that is SMOGON!

Lots of lauging from Firebot which is especially 'useful' when I am depressed.
The pokemon movesets and strategies here are brilliant, when Competitor is released they'll be of great help.

I just want to say that Smogon has helped me in strategies and ideas for teams, that I probably wouldn't of thought of. At first I was mad because I didn't understand where to post, and I realized where to post, and also to lurk moar. I am kind of glad now that I got an infraction because it helped me realize that I needed to look more and not just post on Smogon for help whenever I needed it, as soon as I needed it. Smogon has been a place to listen to interesting topics of discussion, even though I don't post that much. I am just happy that chaos came along and developed this site, or else there might have never been an awesome website like this for a while.

Smogon convinced me to start IV breeding.
It hasn't done much else yet.
I talked to some cool people, but haven't really made any good friends on here. >_>
Hope to someday. ^_^

Smogon made me better at team building, plus, the analysis of each poke is one of the most useful thing I've seen so far.

Smogon transformed me from a random poke'scrub hoping to catch a break at the JAA, into a real competitor. Battlenet is/was amazing and the articles are awesome as well. Thank god for smogon!

Can i get an amen?!

ruined my gpa and any hope of actually reading everything i need to for classes.

slash.

given me a good deal of amusement, and gotten my brain thinking in a serious way about something that i thought of as just fun before...not at all good yet, but i'll get there....

Smogon lays a good foundation for competitive battling with successful tournaments, and doing their best to promote what I feel is a metagame which promotes skill over gambler's luck. If I wanted to gamble in this game with stuff like Double team, I'd play other games.

Gotta take the good w/ the bad i guess.

Dear Smogon

How are you? I am good. I was writing to say thanks for all the good times. Sorry about firebot. My bad. I guess I thought someone out there might appreciate my lack of humor and retarded unfunny comments. (I don't think that excuses mekkah from being a dick, but I suppose we all have our differences. Sorry guys)

Since then, I've stopped smoking crack too, because I was acting like a (BAN ME PLEASE). I have you to thank. If you want to give me back firebot, don't feel like you have too.

Anyway, thanks for all the pokemon help. You're great at that, know all the right stuff, right strategies, good stuff.

Also, sorry about that guy's team that I flamed. I didn't like it (still don't), and I guess everyone lashed out at that. Oh, and thanks for making me a tutor! I shall try my hardest! :)

Thanks again smogon; see you later

-Xaio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)