Which pokemon do you start with?

Two things come to mind.

Electrode @ Life Orb
252 Atk 212 Spd 44 SpAtk
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Hidden Power Ice/Grass
Explosion
Thunder Wave

Electrode hits a lot harder than you think. And if there's a problem, thunder wave and switch out, or just blow thing up.

Wailord @ Choice Scarf
252 SPD/252 SATK
Water Spout
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Grass/Electric
Selfdestruct

This thing is just hilarious. With speed boosting nature, its got 360 speed, which is enough to surprise a ton of things. Selfdestruct is there because its awesome and is even more surprising. =D

My leads tend to be pretty standard stuff - Choice Specs Salamence, Bullet Punch Metagross, that sorta thing. I've been playing around with Choice Scarf Typhlosion a bit, mainly because I'd like him to actually be useful for a change.

Generally speaking, starters should be able to counter some of the other common offensive starters, or at least start to set up your team's overall strategy - Trick Room Bronzong and Stealth Rock Hippowdon are examples that have already been mentioned, I think.

Jumpluff@widelens
252HP/252Speed/4Atk
Jolly
Clorrlfyl

Stun Spore
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Encore

Sleep the first turn.
Leech the next
Stun after that

If thhey have gyrados, then encore, because they almost always tr to set up on this thing

I'm a breloom kind of guy.

Adamant
Toxic Orb
230hp/252atk/26speed

Mach Punch
Seed Bomb
Spore
Protect

Anti starter that can wreak havoc on most teams who don't start off with something faster than it is.

Guilty for posting in the other thread...

Anyway, I use a Jumpluff

Jumpluff@Wide Lens
Jolly-252 HP, 252 Spd
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
Leech Seed
U-Turn

Wouldn't lead with anything else. SP then LS. If they switch, SS. U-Turn after LS or getting Taunted

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I normally use (depending on the match):
-U Turn, Hypnosis, Aerial ace, Confuse ray Crobat
-Trick room/Gyro ball/EQ/Hypnosis Bronzong

Im very fond of sleeping leads ^^

I've had a lot of success with this guy.

Magmortar @Life Orb
Fire Blast / Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Focus Punch

It's great for countering a lot of common leads. Usually I see Bronzong, Breloom, Yanmega, or Gyarados leads, and this has an answer to all of them. Substitute is normally unexpected and gives quite an advantage. Yanmega will try to Detect to get a Speed Boost, but you negate that with Substitute. It won't stay in on Magmortar knowing it's about to get crushed. Breloom will try to Spore or Protect (if it stays in at all), which gets negated by Substitute once again. Against Gyarados, just use Substitute to see what they're going to do. If they Dragon Dance, they're probably about to get unexpectedly roasted by a Thunderbolt. If they switch to Electivire, you just avoided a Motor Drive boost, and you get a free hit with Fire Blast (which can OHKO). If they switch to Blissey, they're about to eat a Focus Punch, which usually does around 80%. Another hit easily finishes it off. Finally, Bronzong gets annihilated by Fire Blast.

Of course, it isn't foolproof. Swampert and other Ground Pokemon completely ruin this, as do Dragons. Choice Scarf users also tend to give Magmortar and his sub-par defenses a headache. Still, that's what the rest of the team is for.

I use Gyarados as my starter, with an Electivire behind.
I really love this technique. :D I also use fast U-Turn Pokés like Infernape and Swellow, for free damage.

I use Gyarados as my starter, with an Electivire behind.
I really love this technique. :D I also use fast U-Turn Pokés like Infernape and Swellow, for free damage.
And with swellow you get more damage than you deal. Infernape gets an intimidate in the face or is too slow.

A good one would be a Choice Band Crobat. If a Gyarodos tries to
DDance when they think you're going to switch, Brave Bird twice and
that's that. It's also one of the fastest U-turners.

This:

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Mild - 252 Sp. Atk, 208 Speed, 50 Atk
Blaze
~ U-turn
~ HP Ice
~ Overheat
~ Close Combat

Or this:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly - 232 Atk, 84 HP, 192 Speed
Intimidate
~ Dragon Dance
~ Taunt
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge

Or this:

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Jolly - 252 Atk, 188 Speed, 68 HP
Poison Heal
~ Spore
~ Focus Punch
~ Seed Bomb
~ Stone Edge

(the latter only when I feel like it)

Here's the lead for my team.

Ninjask@Liechi Berry
Trait: Speed Boost
EV Spread: 252 Speed/252 Atk/4 HP
Nature: Hasty
-Protect
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-X-Scissor

Protect/Sub Speed Passer, if i'm not up againts a Hail/SS team then I can Sub to 1 HP and get the Attack boost from Liechi.

And here's my lead for my Sandstorm Team.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Trait: Sandstream
EV Spread: 252 HP/188 SpA/68 Speed
Nature: Quiet
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam

Standard Tyrani-Boah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)