Who here uses UU pokes in higher tiers?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
That's a fair enough way of putting it, Sage. At least you weren't completely ignorant about it. A lot of battlers treat you like an idiot when you send out something that isn't OU. I was fighting a fellow Smogoner (no names). I led with Hitmonchan, he leads with Medicham. Before any words have been spoken, he goes "Hitmonchan = worse Medicham." I predict the HJK and go to Rotom only to be informed that Rotom is a "worse Gengar." After killing his Empoleon, Jirachi and Gengar without losing any of my own "inferior" Pokemon, he makes another stupid comment and leaves the room. I can see why he "could be banned."

Seriously...don't be ignorant on UU Pokemon, because a lot of them are just as powerful as most OU Pokemon but have certain things holding them back. If a player can remove those weaknesses through smart play/team-building, then you should respect his/her Pokemon just as much as Garchomp or Tyranitar. In short, don't be a dick. :)

[/rant]

EDIT, Ah shit, I should have made a better 1, 000th post than that. It wasn't meant to be this way. There were meant to be balloons and aeroplane formations and lots of naked girlies. Not cool. :(

Lee you dissapoint with the lack of showgirls. -_-

To be honest I prefer the childish approach to those kind of people. Rubbing it in their face, not a better way but certainly fun.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A new team I'm devising for OU features Slowking over Slowbro and every other member except for Hippo is BL.

Hint: it's going to be novelty, big time. xD

Lemme guess: A trick room sweeping Hippowdon : O

Yes, I've already posted here. I use UU a lot... I mean, I love Mantine, Crawdaunt, Hitmontop... you name it.

I don't "try" using UU once in awhile. I have been using crobat in my main wifi/shoddy team since the beginning of everything - brave bird/taut/roost/substitute :D Not sure if miltank is UU or not but I am and have been using both of them in my team and they helped me reach to my current rank on shoddy which isn't too shabby I think.

I don't "try" using UU once in awhile. I have been using crobat in my main wifi/shoddy team since the beginning of everything - brave bird/taut/roost/substitute :D Not sure if miltank is UU or not but I am and have been using both of them in my team and they helped me reach to my current rank on shoddy which isn't too shabby I think.
I think my friend played you earlier today. He may have done better if he had listened to me, but he normally doesn't like to. I guess if he's serious enough, he'll someday learn.

I think my friend played you earlier today. He may have done better if he had listened to me, but he normally doesn't like to. I guess if he's serious enough, he'll someday learn.
really? Can you describe to me what actually happened?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Lemme guess: A trick room sweeping Hippowdon : O

Yes, I've already posted here. I use UU a lot... I mean, I love Mantine, Crawdaunt, Hitmontop... you name it.
You're going have to wait for my RMT, which will be posted either tomorrow or Thursday. ;D But it does have Hippo and it does involve Trick Room. xD

uu is such a wierd tier now, stuff that was NU and OU is there now

ANYWAYS i use claydol, hitmontop regularily, and ive used mawile, toxicroak and kanga with success

big ups to lee for bringing alot of uu pokemon to shoddy =)

chris is me more like legendary curt jr.

That's a fair enough way of putting it, Sage. At least you weren't completely ignorant about it. A lot of battlers treat you like an idiot when you send out something that isn't OU. I was fighting a fellow Smogoner (no names). I led with Hitmonchan, he leads with Medicham. Before any words have been spoken, he goes "Hitmonchan = worse Medicham." I predict the HJK and go to Rotom only to be informed that Rotom is a "worse Gengar." After killing his Empoleon, Jirachi and Gengar without losing any of my own "inferior" Pokemon, he makes another stupid comment and leaves the room. I can see why he "could be banned."

Seriously...don't be ignorant on UU Pokemon, because a lot of them are just as powerful as most OU Pokemon but have certain things holding them back. If a player can remove those weaknesses through smart play/team-building, then you should respect his/her Pokemon just as much as Garchomp or Tyranitar. In short, don't be a dick. :)

[/rant]

EDIT, Ah shit, I should have made a better 1, 000th post than that. It wasn't meant to be this way. There were meant to be balloons and aeroplane formations and lots of naked girlies. Not cool. :(
Haha, I know exactly who you're referring to.

Anyway, I tend to use lesser used Pokemon on my teams, unless of course there's something that can do the EXACT same thing, but better.

I use lotsa BLs and UU's in my teams to suprise them. Too many people have fallen due to lack of knowledge. Therefore, they lose to a lopunnyslutthing :)

Gmax

kuahahahaha

[/rant]

Oh well, you could have made a worse onekay post. At least there was a rant in that.

BTW, CB Iron Fist Hitmonchan Focus Punch=80% minimum (94 max) on 334/400 Skarmory. That means, SR+ even 8% prior damage=gg Skarm if it comes in and tries to wall you.

I also typically don't use UU pokes, but theres a lot to be said for the power of surprise. Although honestly, you shouldn't choose/unchoose a pokemon based on its tier.

I never had a team without a mantine on it from june until november when I finally got the good sense to realize it was creating a gapeing whole in my team.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

[/rant]

Lee: I'm sorry about that. I was really grumpy. Rotom is a cool little guy, and I thought you were using Hitmonchan to just Element Punch sweep (a recent trend I've noticed). There are indeed many great UU Pokémon (Lanutrn, Mr. Mime, Raichu).

UUs is where its at, we need more cool UUs in the WiFi forum. A reason people don't use them enough over WiFi is that it's harder to get competetive ones in trades.

I need to breed some more...

I use Linoone a lot. What people fail to realize is that Thief is an excellent move on Linoone, since it's got a move slot open that isn't being occupied by Substitute/Endure. Your opponent thinks he can send out a Focus Sash Alakazam or Gengar on your Linny, let the Sash take the hit and then kill Linoone, leaving him safe to go to work on the rest of your team? Watch his grin slide off his face when Thief takes away their pokemon's Focus Sash and OHKOs it. Thief can also be used to jack a weakened Tyranitar of its Leftovers and keep Linoone alive during Sandstorms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)