Who here uses UU pokes in higher tiers?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
No problem Chris, no problem at all. :)

and I thought you were using Hitmonchan to just Element Punch sweep
Well I use Agility and Close Combat. Combine that with 110 SpDef and Iron Fist, and I think we can agree he isn't an inferior Medicham. :)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And while doing calcs I realized that Slowking kills off any Ape better than Slowbro ever could. And takes up to 3HKO from Grass Knot, depending on the spread and nature.

No problem Chris, no problem at all. :)

Well I use Agility and Close Combat. Combine that with 110 SpDef and Iron Fist, and I think we can agree he isn't an inferior Medicham. :)
Does close combat get the boost from iron fist?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
By the way, Mr. Mime is probably the game's bet Calm Mind Baton Passer, with Soundproof and the ability to kill pretty much any non-Roar phazer with its movepool (or just Taunt them)

I never knew Gatr and Typhlosion were UU. They're too good IMO.
Feraligatr definitely isn't ... it's recently been upgraded to BL on the tier list. Typhlosion is still being debated although the general feeling seems to be to boot into BL.

I use many Pokemon in whatever tier I feel to use them in. I personally think that tiers should be removed and players should use their favorites and strategize on there own experience. Though, that's just my opinion.

I use many Pokemon in whatever tier I feel to use them in. I personally think that tiers should be removed and players should use their favorites and strategize on there own experience. Though, that's just my opinion.
That leaves you with pretty much ubers, and non-uber specialized uber counters. :[

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Your opponent thinks he can send out a Focus Sash Alakazam or Gengar on your Linny, let the Sash take the hit and then kill Linoone, leaving him safe to go to work on the rest of your team?
That would be a Shoddybattle error. Focus Sash's survival effect activates before Thief steals the item. Therefore, if the Thief would have been fatal, Focus Sash would activate and Linoone would steal nothing.

I've used quite a few...

Hitmontop
Shuckle
Glaceon
Mr. Mime
Typhlosion (I think)
Mantine

They all worked wonders for me in the past in one way or another.

I use a Sub/CM/BP/SB Drifblim in OU Wi-Fi matches. He works moderately well, although he seems to die rather easily. Switching him in on what I think may be a CB EQ is risky, because I may just be out sped and OHKO'd.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
The terrible base HP of Shuckle can be compensated for by maxing it out.

Actually a 252 HP/252 SDEF Shuckle, in a sandstorm, it has a special defense tier of 129.28. A 252 HP/0 Special Defense Blissey has a special defense tier of 128.99.

This just gives you the knowledge that the only special wall even remotely comparable to Blissey is a sandstormed Shuckle. Even with the crappy-ass HP, maximum 921 special defense in a sandstorm is pretty damn sweet, especially considering it can just Rest off damage with ease.

Back in RSE I used to make teams that had no OU Pokemon, with maybe a few BL Pokemon tossed in. I ran Kingler, Hitmontop, Linoone, Pikachu, Scyther, Shedinja, Omastar, and other cool stuff I can't remember right now.

I'm not good enough at DP to run teams like that, but I do make a point to always consider UU and BL pokemon.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shuckle is actually popping everywhere. Damn SS teams.. it's even more used than Cradiliy now. O_O
I really, really hate its HP. Cradily is nice because it has decent all-around defenses. Base 20 HP is like Blissey's base 10 Def. Workable, but a pain in the ass. I know that they're good to people, but if Caterpie has far better HP than Shuckle and Def than Blissey, I'd rather not use them. That's just me, so don't kill me over it.

Cradily is god in SS.

Shuckle also has a very good wallish moveset, with encore/knock off. Rest as a recovery move is disappointing, but at least it protects it from status.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, I suppose Rest is a crappy recovery move. If someone doesn't switch out their pokemon from Leech Seed, Shuckle's low HP recovers so much % it's not even funny.

Seriously, if for some reason someone leaves in a 714 HP Blissey against Shuckle while it's seeded from something else, it gets back 36% of its health each turn...trapping them would be extremely hard though since most people just switch out right away from Leech Seed... :(

Also, about pokemon being able to set up on Shuckle, before it uses Rest, it can just use Encore and ruin your setting up so you'll be forced to switch.

I use a Mawile competetively.

Surprisingly tough. Bulky Gyarados Waterfall is a 4HKO after intimidate.

Which is cool, because Mawile learns Thunderpunch. Horray Emerald move tutors!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Blastoise is usually a staple on my teams. Sends Stealth Rockers packing and can make Ghosts suffer if they try to spin block. Never found Starmie all that useful for spinning.

I've also been known to use Steelix quite a bit.

I occasionally use my spinda, which can hypno-punch and endure/flail... xD

Either way, I hardly ever use OU pokemon for the OU environment, partly because they're "OverUsed" and I think every pokemon has its purpose. *there are always exceptions, like luvdisc, but you know what I mean*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)