Who Won at Which Location?

Name: Jose Lopez

Location:Fordham Road (F) 2485 Grand Concourse Bronx NY 10468

Team:Garchomp,Starmie,Gyarados,Blissey,Tyranitar,Dusknoir

Rules:
-4 vs 4 Doubles level 50 all.
-The final was 6 vs 6 single.
- Any Pokemon (except the final three)

I came in a few minutes late,but lucky I signed up a day before.I came in and the guy who was running the tourney checked my Pokedex...In my head I was going "Shit! I probably have Darkrai data!" Good thing I didn't...*Whoo!*

I got to scout the competition,and I was disappointed....
Only about 4 people knew anything about competitive battling.
Everybody else were using ubers,And shitty ones at that.

My Chomp made mince meat out of roughly 75% of the pokes I battled.Nobody had a counter for it....Made me very happy and sad at the same time...

BAH!

Name: (not posting =O)
Rules:
- 4vs4 Doubles in the First Round, 3vs3 Singles afterwards
- Lv. 50
- All Pokemon 1-490

In all the rounds I used Kyogre, Palkia, Rayquaza, Deoxys-F. In round one I also used Latias and Heracross. Following that I used Blissey and Metagross. I doubt anyone participating went to Smogon besides myself, but there were a few SPPfers.

Long story short, Deoxys-F and Scarf Kyogre destroyed everything. ^^

Name: Aversion
Team: Metagross, gyarados, donphan, blissey, vaporeon, gengar
Rules:
- 6vs6 singles
- No legendaries or wobbuffet
- Species clause, sleep clause, freeze clause, no OHKO's, no evasion

This tournament turned out to be quite fun, and a lot more people showed up than I expected. At the tourney's start we were awash with little kids, although there were a few people about my age hanging around as well. The guy running the tournament plays pokémon himself (and some of his friends were participating), hence why we had a reasonable set of rules.

Overall, it wasn't anything epic that I would expect to be deserving of a warstory, but in the final rounds my opponents had a pretty good idea of what they were doing. Definitely the most hilarious moment came in one of the earlier rounds when a guy who was leading CB slaking took down five of a girl's pokémon with giga impact. Her sixth pokémon was pachirisu, and it used bide when it came in. For some reason the guy didn't switch out his slaking even though it hadn't been PP up'd and was forced to struggle. Struggle took pachirisu below 50% but didn't kill it, it stored energy on slaking's "loafing off" turn and then proceeded to kill it with the bide unleash.

I won PBR only because they only had one T-shirt and they gave it to the second-place winner. I really only wanted the T-shirt and would have given the game away to one of the kids who really wanted it, but they were all long gone by the time the tournament was over, at which point I faced the employee who had been running it and beat him as well. Lots of fun, even though it ended up running over six hours.

Name: Lewis A.
Team: Skarmory, Gengar, Vaporeon, Donphan, Magmortar, Slaking
Rules:
-NO Ubers/Legendaries
-Lv50 Set
-No Shinies
-No Haxed Pokemon in both Team and Boxes
-1vs1 & u can choose up to 4 pokes
-No Item, Sleep, or Evasion Clause

There was alot of people who showed up around the lines of +20ppl in the tourney. I would like to give thanx to some of the Movelist Guides 4 Vaporeon, and Donphan. These two pokes with their high defenses pulled me throw on the final match since it was 6 on 6 double. Oooo, Donphan's Ice Shard surprised all of the ppl in the tourney cause it was me versus my friend in the second round fighting each other and he had infernape and I had Donphan. Infernape had a quarter hp left and he had life orb and i knew that he had grass knot 4 Donphan but I used Ice Shard on Infernape which killed it. Ill probably write a Warstory about my event but i dont feel like typing

I won at Thousand Oaks, CA, the story's in the Aftermath thread.

Did we nab more wins for Smogon than any other forum's userbase? :D

We are currently at 27 recorded champions. Verification is out of the question because I'm plain lazy, but I don't think someone would lie about winning these sort of things.

I'm sure we've raked in more wins than that though, considering the hundreds of GameStop tournaments that were held that Saturday.

I won in the Merrick Commons, New York one.

my team was:
Ambipom (Focus Sash)
Gallade (Life Orb)
Starmie (Specs)
Swampert (Chesto berry)
Tyranitar (Choice Band) -not used-
Porygon-Z (Life Orb) -not used-

Rules were double battles, lvl 50, 4v4, ubers allowed and such. i didn't feel like uber-ing so i used this team. all the little kids had giratinas and there were about 28 people there. 6 of us were above the age of 10. and i had to fight three little kids and 2 of the older ones including my friend in the finals.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Name: If you know me from JAA, then you know my name.
Location: Montgomery mall, Bethesda, MD (same mall where the JAA was held)
Team: Latias, Kyogre, Metagross, Blissey, (Rayquaza), (Groudon)
Rules:
Double Battles (were originally singles, but the lady changed it on the last minute)
No Shinies
Ubers allowed
No Pokemon banned (I didn't see any Arceus/Darkrai though)
Anything goes
Lv. 50 all
No hacks
No more than 3 masterballed pokemon

Location-Rockville, MD

Rules-No species clause or sleep clause
Only 1 shiny and 1 masterball can be on your team
No pokemon over 490
Anything goes Double Battle

Here was my gamestop team. It is basically a team of 3 sweepers and 3 tanks/walls

Lv. 100 Palkia & Choice scarf
Moves-Surf
Draco Meteor
Thunder
Spacial Rend

Lv. 100 Rayquaza & Life orb
Moves- Outrage
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

Lv. 100 Lugia & Lefties
Moves- Roost
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
Relfect

Lv. 100 Kyogre & none
Moves-Water Spout
Ice Beam
Thunder
Surf

Lv. 100 Jirachi & Lefties
Moves-Wish
Reflect
Psychic
Thunder

Lv. 100 Blissey & Lefties
Moves-Softboiled
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
T-Bolt

Yeah, basically an uber double battle team. I won like I was the most powerful pokemon master out there at the tournament. I was the only one who actually used moves like Calm Mind, Reflect, and Dragon Dance.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Lv. 100 Kyogre & none
Moves-Water Spout
Ice Beam
Thunder
Surf
Are you serious?

To make this post somewhat useful I might as well post my entire team

Latias @ Soul Dew
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Grass Knot

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Metagross @ Choice Band
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Blissey @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Softboiled

(Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake

(Groudon) @ Salac Berry
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Endure

Winner: Ryan

Rules:
- 4 vs 4
- No Pokemon Above 490
- Level 50 All
- Can't Have More Than Two Masterballs.

Team was:
- Salamence @ Focus Sash
- Swampert @ Leftovers
- Lucario @ Quick Claw
- Palkia @ Lustrous Orb (Would not seem right without an Uber)

Game was pretty easy. Salamence and Lucario took out my first opponent pretty quickly. The second opponent was real nice guy. We agreed to only use one Uber in the battle. I had no choice, after all, I only had Palkia ready for this Tournament, had a sucky nature and wasn't Ev trained though. He had two pokemon which I don't recall, but those were taken out quickly with Salamence and Swampert. He then brought out a Mewtwo and a Gallade. Mewtwo was being a bitching uber as usual, and Gallade was using DT. Down to Palkia and Swampert. Palkia finally KOed Mewtwo, but was at really low health. Swampert (after 8 Earthquakes...) finally managed to hit and kill the Gallade, witha CH. There was a third battle, but that was against another inexperienced player who only managed to get that far off badly trained Ubers, and dumb luck.

All in all, a very good day. Hope we get more of these.

`Proto

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Name: Gouki Shinkou (my son)
Rules:
- Level 50 All
- no ubers, no legendaries
- no hold items except for berries
- Choose 4 Pokemon
- 1 vs 1

Winning team included aerodactyl, swampert & metagross and also available where tyranitar, garchomp & skarmory.

I was runner-up as I mostly swept the preliminary rounds using weavile, gyarados & electivire.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Name: Carl
Rules:
- Level 50 all
- 2v2 stadium
- NO sleep clause
- 490 and above banned

I had the most competitive tournament out of everyone here I'd imagine since I had to face 3 other Smogon players (we all went together lol).

Details including the team I used can be found here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25448

Winner: Mizuno
Team: Kyogre, Palkia, Latios, Rayquaza, Blissey, filler (I was lazy)
Rules:
- Level 50-All
- Single Battles 3v3, 6v6 Finals
- Sleep Clause
- Species Clause
- 491-493 banned

There were 14 participants, most of them kids except for 3 others, who I knew. The final match was against my friend, who has a Smogon account under the name of Sibuna. It was a heated match, with me winning 3-0. I got the game and the shirt, then sold the game (with a discount of course) to my friend since I already had the game.

Winner: guoD
Team: Deoxys (Attack Form), Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Garchomp, Blissey, Weavile
Rules:
- Level 50-All
- Single Battles 3v3, 6v6 Finals
- Sleep Clause
- Species Clause
- 491-493 banned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)