Worlds Last Chance Qualifier - Kona, HI - August 13, 2010 - OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ohhhhhh, THAT'S Winters Zombie. I never actually knew his name, the avatar is too distracting.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
wow

congratulations ninahaza!

rip donut at least this gives you more time to work on EMERGENCY PIZZA TAXI songs

(also rip dtrain :( )

Ohhhhhh, THAT'S Winters Zombie. I never actually knew his name, the avatar is too distracting.
Yuppers it's me indeed. >.< I feel so out of place on the top 9 >.<

LOL

Good luck tomorrow Dave! You rock man! :D
haha, thanks I'm going to need all the luck I can get. D:
Dunno how I made it this far >.<

Oh, and my little bro is going to World's for little kids >.< He won his match against the guy. Twice. Considering it was best 2 out of 3 >.< He won the first two, surprisingly. >.< For all you Junior worlds kids, take it easy on the whitey Hawaiin kid, will ya? xD! jp.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Yuppers it's me indeed. >.< I feel so out of place on the top 9 >.<

haha, thanks I'm going to need all the luck I can get. D:
Dunno how I made it this far >.<

Oh, and my little bro is going to World's for little kids >.< He won his match against the guy. Twice. Considering it was best 2 out of 3 >.< He won the first two, surprisingly. >.< For all you Junior worlds kids, take it easy on the whitey Hawaiin kid, will ya? xD! jp.
Same as DM, I remember you by avatar. :3

Good luck, slay some japs for us.

Junior winners:
Austin Testerman - Honolulu, HI
Marc Metcalf - Atlanta, GA
Andrew Archer - Kihei, HI
Kota Yamamoto - Osaka, Japan
Jefferey Casey - Stony Brook, NY
Sora Goto - Kyoto, Japan
Ethan Courtois - Torrence, CA
Josh Heffel - Vancouver, Canada
Dominique Alvarado-Haldon - Seattle, WA
Jon Miller - Oahu, HI
Skyler Kim - Honolulu, HI
Ian Garvie - Elkgrove, California
Kippei Takaki - Japan
Lee Horinouchi - Koneohe, HI

I see quite a bit of Hawaii here. Coincidence?

Junior winners:
Austin Testerman - Honolulu, HI
Marc Metcalf - Atlanta, GA
Andrew Archer - Kihei, HI
Kota Yamamoto - Osaka, Japan
Jefferey Casey - Stony Brook, NY
Sora Goto - Kyoto, Japan
Ethan Courtois - Torrence, CA
Josh Heffel - Vancouver, Canada
Dominique Alvarado-Haldon - Seattle, WA
Jon Miller - Oahu, HI
Skyler Kim - Honolulu, HI
Ian Garvie - Elkgrove, California
Kippei Takaki - Japan
Lee Horinouchi - Koneohe, HI

I see quite a bit of Hawaii here. Coincidence?
HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE :D

Juniors finalists are a whole lot more diverse than seniors that is for sure.
And there were a lot less of them. Plus they didn't have more than 1 round of battles. Just best 2 out of 3 against 1 oppponent. So not much of an elimination round either. Prolly the reason my little brother won xD!

Haha he's my bro and it's more luck than skill that he won, as I had to EV train for him, acquire his team, I practically made it for him. He just uses it >.<

And yeah it was best 2 out of 3, and there were only about... 30 kids? Tops.

Jeez, this makes me feel bad for not flying my brother out there.

Ah well, 'grats to you and your bro! (and trust me, you're not the only person who just gives their sibling a team and they just use it. Pretty much 1/2 the juniors out there have an older sibling/parent who does that ^_^) Good luck to you guys tomorrow :)

Do you know how many Seniors were there? Aprox.?

Haha thank you so much <3 Yeah my sister did the same thing too, what leeches, all my hard RNG'ing and they just beg me for my stuff, bleh. xD!

I think there a good 130-140? ish.

There were like 65 stations and 2 people each, so you can do the math on that one.
I didn't ask for a count but I can ask Marriland tomorrow when I get there. If you'd like me to.

They must have a huge place for the LCQ in worlds. Imagine battling 1 or 2 rounds in such an open hall with like 10 parents watching you. I bet that relieves the stress out of those kids a bit. I still feel like Worlds hasn't started yet. :p

They must have a huge place for the LCQ in worlds. Imagine battling 1 or 2 rounds in such an open hall with like 10 parents watching you. I bet that relieves the stress out of those kids a bit. I still feel like Worlds hasn't started yet. :p
Haha I had a match up on the screen, imagine that >.<
A bunch of Smogoners saw me up there, or at least I believe that did any ways. I had the "ugly green, why would he get him shiny?" Machamp NN'd "Ooki" xD!

I was shaking sooo much through the battles, I seriously had my hands turn blue >.<

You only had to play three battles at most right Winters Zombie? (maybe 4?)

I'm dying inside for not going right now :3

And congrats to you and your family HagridTwin!

Yeah, first one was a Japanese man about the age of mid 40's? Ish.
Second was a kid new to Seniors.
Third was OmegaDonut, am attempting to upload the battle video, but I have a terrible camera with me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)