"Worst Kalos Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbink is not useless. It has the same stats as Aegislash-Shield, except 10 less HP and Speed.
Carbink can set up Dual Screens.
Look at how weel Carbink can wall:
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Carbink: 71-84 (23.3 - 27.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Carbink: 97-115 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 0.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Carbink: 224-272 (73.6 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Carbink: 127-150 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Carbink: 132-156 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Carbink: 268-316 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Carbink: 107-126 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- 75.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
It can harm other pokemon, too.
0 SpA Carbink Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 264-312 (81.2 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Carbink Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar: 116-140 (28.7 - 34.6%) -- 8.3% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Carbink Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scrafty: 208-252 (76.7 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
"What do you think of Carbink's role within the Gen6 Overused metagame?" - Birkal

"Its role is being a rock with eyes."
"It... doesn't have one?"
"Maybe it will have a cool niche in stall, but nothing else, unless it has a great breeding movepool."
"It is genderless, DU."
"Carbink's got like no offensive presence. Sure, it can set hazards, and its defensive typing is alright. But I don't see what's good about it. Although take what I'm saying with a grain of salt; I haven't really started metagaming this gen."
"wtf is carbink"
"Carbink was looking like a better Shuckle... until Shuckle got Sticky Web."
"It's like Shuckle's retarded third cousin."
"It sucks, imo. Birkal, are you trolling me?"

Carbink is a piece of shit. It's not as bad as Dedenne, but it's not as cute as Dedenne or even Aurorus either. Of course, Dedenne is the absolute worst, but Carbink challenges that.

And then there's Hawlucha. For all of us CAP and ASB players, we know something is up. DougJustDoug should sue GameFreak for copyright infringement.

I mean just look:

Dedeene is probably a horrible electric type it's stats total is 431.Wait a second let me go to bulbapedia.com and look up pikachu's stats. 320! EVEN DEDEENE MORE RESISTANTS THAN PIKACHU! but still even thought it's cute I still don't like it.
Worst electric type ever.png

Dedenne is still immune to dragons..lol XD

In my opinion the worst Pokemon competitively is Dedenne, but the worst design wise for me is Klefki.
It's a damn Keychain holder, that is just horrible for a design really, when I saw that, I thought that GF was high or something.

Dedenne is just cute, it really doesn't have anything better than that..I mean maybe it will get better in Z, but I don't think so.
GF has a habit of creating horrible rodent mons, it tends to happen, so honestly I was expecting another shitty rodent like we had with Pikachu, and Pachirisu, etc.
Sadly, even Pachirisu is better xD

I honestly hate the design of Diggersby and Quilladin. They really drop the ball with some designs. I really dislike Mewtwo X but Mewtwo Y grew on me after initially seeing it.

I'm going to hop on the Dedenne hate bandwagon. Pikaclones were interesting when Plusle and Minun came out, but the novelty effect wears out quickly.
Outside of (unreleased) Snow Warning, Aurorus is lousy, too; with its totally awful typing and especially since it's weak to almost all priority, especially in OU which is full of Bullet Punches and Aqua Jets and whatnot. Clawitzer isn't anything to write home about either, although it has a pretty extensive special moveset.

I'd say in lower tiers something like Choice Aurorus may be usable. Even as a one-hit wonder with Refrigerate Hyper Beam or something which gets an effective LO + STAB bonus; and that's before the Band/Specs.

Dedenne is pretty mch completely useless. Carbink isn't much better.

Carbink is much better with its 50/150/150 defenses. At least it, unlike Dendenne, is not 2HKO'ed by Yveltal. Not as if it matters, though, but it is the only non-ghost type to not be 2HKO'ed or OHKO'ed by Band Metagross's Explosion.
252 SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dedenne: 159-187 (57.6 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Yveltal Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Carbink: 94-110 (30.9 - 36.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Metagross Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Carbink: 136-160 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

In a serious response to Diggersby haters, i just dont get it. Its face is incredibly chill and I find it really cute for such a big mon. The ear fists fascinate me; Im a huge fan of Aipom for the same reason. That and the fact that it looks like a bearhugging teddy bear makes me defend it.

Plus Diggersby has competitive use. And I have a soft spot for mons with Huge Power

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It is hard to say whats the worst, but i really hate quadalion, it is a stupid clown and is a fat ball. Chesnaut is cool though.
Fennekin is really cool, i assumed its evolutions would be similar to vulpix's, but no they had to screw things up with braixen and then delphox, srsly gamefreak.
At least they gave us 1 cool starter family, then again frogadier could do with improvements....

Only 2 kalos pokemon have gone into my favourites. Bergmite is amazing, but not so much avaluug. But i really like binacle and barbaricle is a monster.

I think design wise would be Klefki, I don't really like his design at all. It's just some keys combined together to be a Pokemon. Really Gamefreak? I also think Flabebe is kind of useless as well.

I'd say in lower tiers something like Choice Aurorus may be usable. Even as a one-hit wonder with Refrigerate Hyper Beam or something which gets an effective LO + STAB bonus; and that's before the Band/Specs.

Dedenne is pretty mch completely useless. Carbink isn't much better.
Specs Hyper Beam is only good on Amaura in LC, because it can actually OHKO 95% of the metagame with it. Aurorus just can't, even in places like NU.

In a serious response to Diggersby haters, i just dont get it. Its face is incredibly chill and I find it really cute for such a big mon. The ear fists fascinate me; Im a huge fan of Aipom for the same reason. That and the fact that it looks like a bearhugging teddy bear makes me defend it.

Plus Diggersby has competitive use. And I have a soft spot for mons with Huge Power
We hate Diggersby because of that one PS! chatroom spammer which sparked a wave of "Diggersbytho?", and a shofu video. Then prem systematically muted everyone that said "Diggersby tho?". It was great. Diggersby itself is also quite fat and ugly.

As far as I've seen, 90% of the time I see the Diggersbytho meme being brought up, it's someone saying that they hate it, I hardly ever see anyone actually use the meme, and I've never seen anybody spam it either. It's practically spam the amount of times that I see it being hated on, the act of hating the meme is more common than seeing it regularly used at this point. I don't really like it at all either, but i'm still pretty sure that people just enjoy hating it.

Tbh Dedenne just really got shafted competitively, but I really like its design/typing.

Delphox, Aromatisse and Sylveon are a bit disappointing in all senses but I really like every other Kalos mon. Best gen Pokemon wise imo

I wouldn't call this the best gen, a lot of the designs like Gogoat and Avalugg are just OK. There aren't too many standout bad ones besides Carbink/Dedenne/Amaura, but the standout good ones aren't that plentiful either IMO. Though I'm finding out more and more that Diggersby IS my favorite.

I'm glad someone made a threat like this. Anyway, design-wise, the golden shit goes to none other than Aromatisse. Like what the hell were they thinking. I understand Spritzee is based on a perfume, but evolving into a humanoid and somewhat-inappropriate looking pink-ish-thing-idontevenknowwhatisis is just bullcrap. Why would they do this? Also, you remember the little NPC girl on one of the routes where her line before she battles you is "Wanna see the scary side of Fairy-types?". She uses an Aromatisse. Nuff said.

As for competitive, I have to agree with mostly everyone up until this message. Dedenne can't do SHIT.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Alright.
Competitively, Dedenne.
It's utter garbage, as everyone else has been saying.

Design-wise...
there's a lot.
Aromatisse- I'm really creeped out by Spritzee's origin, plague doctors, perfume to keep the dead smell out, Aroma Veil for its ability (think about that for a second,) and the fact it's good against Dark, which I associate with the dead (Ghost too, but that's the UNdead.) Nonetheless, it was freaking adorable. Aromatisse, on the other hand, I can't even begin to criticize. Those creepy eyes, weird fluffy shit and overall weirndess makes it more demented than it would be had GF gone with a plague doctor thing.

Barbaracle- A bunch of barnacles that are hands but have faces fuse to make a Barnacle Voltron? No. I get that barnacles clump together to make bigger "structures" (or is that zebra mussels?), but they could have made it less creepy.

Chesnaught- it's really disproportionate, and utterly fails an a mammalian knight in comparison to Samurott. Its arms are really weird, and I don't like how it killed Bowser and took his shell. Eh.

Carbink- wtf is it. A rock?- obviously, but a weird, strange thing that reminds me of a messed up Vanilluxe, or a Stealth Rock that got sprayed with whipped cream.

Florges, purely because it's not Grass.

Mega Alakazam's feet.

Mega Pinsir- spikes, weird eyes and antennae do not make a good design. Also, he has little Garchomp arms.

I wouldn't call this the best gen, a lot of the designs like Gogoat and Avalugg are just OK. There aren't too many standout bad ones besides Carbink/Dedenne/Amaura, but the standout good ones aren't that plentiful either IMO. Though I'm finding out more and more that Diggersby IS my favorite.
Compared to other gens this one consisted predominantly of things I really liked and then like three I dislike. Every other gen had a few really good ones and then mostly meh, but this one just seems different imo. I like how they gave every single Pokemon a niche, at least to an extent. Dedenne's niche might just simply be its unique typing, which is really good defensively and offensively.

My least favorite is probably Aegislash, design-wise. He just looks really goofy to me with those proportions, and not in a particularly endearing way like other goofy 'mons (Lickilucky, Slurpuff, etc.) are. At least Honedge is kinda cute, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)