X-Men Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All of the Sudden the voices from the re-maining X-Men started raining it! It's him, the Mole, lets get the last Sentinel.

Stallion quickly tried to escape but was pinned down by poygon3. "IT'S NOT ME HE SCREAMED, IT'S NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dear Stallion,

You are Beast. Your real name is Dr. Henry Philip "Hank" McCoy. Since you were born, you have always been considered a "monster". You are covered in blue fur and look like a cross between a bear and a lion. Professor X took you in because he saw a brilliant mind. You were one of the five founding X-Men. Despite your savage appearance, you are a brilliant man of the arts and sciences; you are a world authority on biochemistry and genetics, the X-Men's medical doctor, and the science and mathematics instructor at the Xavier Institute. You are also a mutant political activist. Fighting bestial instincts and fears of social rejection, you dedicate your physical and mental gifts to the creation of a better world for man and mutant.

Since you are a scientist at heart, every odd night you may PM matty with a single question. This question has to pertain to the game and the question has to be in a yes or no fashion. This question cannot contain any one's role name or forum name.

You have another ability. In your lab, you have created a concoction that if given to any other player in that game will magnify their powers. Once during the night you may send a PM to matty stating "Give <user> Formula X." You do not know how it will magnify them however. Be warned. Giving Formula X to a Omega-Level mutant will instantly kill them. Otherwise, given to any other mutant, it will magnify their powers. The Formula does not work on regular humans or Sentinels.

You win if a member of the X-Men is one of the last alive
And thus, it wasn't him........................................

You know the drill. Almost there boyos.

matty

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And with the final stroke of the bell, the X-Men once again gathered for the last time. Lesm46, stepped forward this time; on his back, Earthworm laid limp.

Dear Lesm46,

You are Wolverine. Your name is James Howlett but most people call you Logan. You are a hot headed mutant who often finds trouble. You fought in several wars including the Civil, World War I and II, Korean, and Vietnam. When you were a small boy when you discovered you had the ability to grow bone claws along with having incredible fast regeneration of wounds. Your brother Sabertooth also has a similar ability to grow sharp finger nails and has the aggression of a Lion. You eventually were given adamantium claws later by William Stryker which are indestructible. You are often quick to anger often provoked by you brother whom you are often at odds with one another

Right now you don't have any powers that you can use. But, in the event that you best friend Jubilee and your mentor, Professor X are dead at the same time, you will gain extra abilities.

You also know the identity of Jubilee, your "kid sister", who is Rory

"I finally got him...." was all Lesm said. Both Pyro and porygon3 nodded in appreciation. The X-Men had prevailed, but only barely...

Dear RB Golbat / Earthworm,

You are Gambit. Your real name is Remy Etienne LeBeau. You originally grew up in Louisiana but were kidnapped as a baby. You were later trained by the thief guild to steal and rob. Professor X took you in later and you joined the X-Men however many were weary of your past. You possess the ability to manipulate kinetic energy, as well as a hypnotic charm. You are also skilled in card-throwing, hand-to-hand combat, and the use of a staff.

Since you are masterful con man, in the event that you killed during the Night you will feign death. In reality, you will be resurrected 2 whole day later from your death. You may however, not talk to anyone during those two days seeing as you are "dead". You will then know the identity of your killer after the two days. You may speak freely from on then. However, you will be vulnerable to any other killings following your first death.

In the event of your first death, your death role PM will be completely different in the thread.

Since you are a Louisiana boy and love flaunting that fact, every day you must make a post of at least 25 words all in a Deep South accent so show everyone how much pride you have for your home state.

However, it seemed that Earthworm's win condition had been altered to

You win if a member of the Sentinel Army is one of the last alive
The X-Men Stared off into the distance knowing that once and for all they might rest easy that night

-End

The Winner's: Lesm46, Porygon3, Pryomanic, Toothache

Dear porygon3,

You are Rogue. Your real name is Anne Marie. You gained powers at an early age, however you saw them as a curse rather than a gift. You have the ability to involuntarily absorbs the memories, physical strength, and (in the case of super powered persons) the abilities of anyone you touch. Original a villain, you have turned good. This potentially fatal power prevents you from making any physical contact with others, including your longtime on-again off-again love interest, Gambit. You are also a ladies man which is a source of stress between you and your on and off, although long term, love interest Rogue.

Since you can touch multiple people and gain their powers you have three abilities. Once a night you may PM matty stating "Night X - Shield <User>." or "Night X - Tap into <User's> mind" or "Night X - Teleport <User1> to <User2>. If you shield user, you will protect them for that night. If you Tap into some one's mind you will learn who that person is, his/her role and their alliance. If you choose Teleport <User1> to <User2>, during the night if User 1 is about to use an ability you will quickly teleport near User 1, grab him/her and teleport User 1 towards User 2 which will cause User 1 to hit User 2 with his/her ability.

You may only use each ability once during the entire game.

Dear Pryomanic,

You are Jean Grey. Your real name is Jean-Grey Summers. You are married to Scott Summers aka Cyclops, but you also go under the aliases, Marvel Girl and Phoenix. You were a mutant born with telepathic and telekinetic powers. Your powers first manifested when you saw your childhood friend being hit by a car. You are a caring, nurturing figure, but you also must deal with being an Omega-level mutant and the physical manifestation of the cosmic Phoenix Force. Because of this connection, your powers are often unstable.

Since you are an Omega Level mutant, you can communicate with all mutants around the world. Once a night you may PM matty stating "Night X - Tap into <User's> mind." That night you will tap in that player's mind and find out what their non-mutant name is.

You have another ability. Should you and Professor X ever use both of your powers on the same person, your telepathic powers are so great you will learn who that person is, his/her role and their alliance.

matty

Post game will be up in probably the next few days. I'm super happy with how the game turned out. More interesting twists and turns to be revealed 8)

Hope everyone enjoyed the game!

You are Rogue. Your real name is Anne Marie. You gained powers at an early age, however you saw them as a curse rather than a gift. You have the ability to involuntarily absorbs the memories, physical strength, and (in the case of super powered persons) the abilities of anyone you touch. Original a villain, you have turned good. This potentially fatal power prevents you from making any physical contact with others, including your longtime on-again off-again love interest, Gambit. You are also a ladies man which is a source of stress between you and your on and off, although long term, love interest Rogue.
This was the best part of the game. Apparently Rogue is in love with Rogue.

(also earthworm thought I had a rogue ability heh)

matty

Ah my fault

hahaha

EDIT: Also EW, I shortened the game since you were basically removed... and then the villagers would have voted each other off and I didn't think that was a very fair ending.... Sorry :\

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the village pulled this off because it was gigantic (that and all the neutrals save for LightWolf near the end helped the village...). That combined with the village having a bunch of inspectors (3 o.o;) and bodyguards (martyr, reverse martyr, actual bg, and one time bg) p _p;

Anyway, gg. One thing I found interesting was I got power boosted early on in the game... MS did you target me? Also, I was bummed because Yoshi King's ability was pretty much useless -- I gained his ability after his death but I couldn't kill while having a kidnapee and once I released them they learned who I was, so it was pretty much impossible to use p_p.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Idiot Lesms luckily we still won lol. Just cause I'm being secretive doesn't mean I'm a mole -_- and FYI I did delete all my pms :(

Despite this you did help me lead the village to an improbable victry so thanks for that. Our irc conversations allowed us to get this thing back on track :)

and nahh jimbo I never 100 % trusted you lol, I used it on jedil cause I'm an idiot :(

Great game though guys :) despite my bad mistake we still managed to somehow win.

EDIT: oh and thanks toothache ^_^ also moi was telling the truth that time about ew, I would have believed him if he didn't fuck me over that time lol.

matty

Oh one more thing. The village was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpowered as Jimbo alluded too. The reason was that I thought that Jedil and Toothache would be an over-powering force. Unfortunately, Jedil never activated so it was smooth sailing for the village.

However, that didn't stop them from making some pretty awful mistakes along the way. Jimbo is right though, the village got lucky at the end. Had toothache actually gone along with askaninjask, they would have probably won, but there was a sliver of hope for the village. Still a fairly entertaining game.

Yeah, I should have trusted you more when you pointed out a lot of probable mafia to me. Lightwolf claimed Earthworm was not converted and pookar said he was the sentinel and I wasn't sure who to believe.

I'M FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And stallion the reason I suspected you is because Private Message: Fuck it
Aug 14th, 2009, 7:34:38 PM
Stallion
Almost reached my destination, and then it's time to say goodbye.

Fuck it
Inspect blue light for me. Do not trust him at all
We knew he was bad. We knew he was a killer. We were going to lynch him because he is a mole. At this point it would be slightly annoying to hit another sentinal but his faction was not useful information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)