Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Hey guys, this is apparently my first post in this forum ever, as well as one of the first sprites I've made. I really do hope this is okay...

so these 2 reserved, I'm gonna give it a go on animations too NVM its already reserved, but that's not gonna stop me!

Edit: Made a bit more, and I'm thinking that mega banette is a bit too small. Back sprites coming soon. I may also touch up the front sprites too

Last edited:
Hey guys, this is apparently my first post in this forum ever, as well as one of the first sprites I've made. I really do hope this is okay...

so these 2 reserved, I'm gonna give it a go on animations too

Edit: Made a bit more, and I'm thinking that mega banette is a bit too small. Back sprites coming soon
Apparently, you didn't read the OP, Siiilver.

That explains that you're new here so I'll quote it for you, and the things which I know you did wrong will be bolded.

Rules for sprites said:
1. 96*96 (pixels) with a transparent background <--- Your sprites are both 105 pixels above.

2. 15 colours in the Pokemon (this can be broken for mons like Xerneas but I'd like to keep it to stop people from using too many) <--- Don't know this.

3. In the gen 5 style. <--- You probably did this one right.

4. Sprites submitted are open to modification by more experienced spriters, edited for gender/shiny/animations or replaced outright for higher quality sprites (though we encourage you to take unmade pokemon rather than pull the rug out of somebody else)

5. Static sprites will not be replaced with animated ones if the animated sprite is of lesser value.

6. We encourage sprites to be made of all the pokemon before we go on an animation spree of our favs, if you really want to animate something though feel free to reserve it. <--- Comes in handy.

7. Spriters are expected to do the static sprites of the front and back, spriters who continue to make only fronts may not have future sprites accepted (backsprites can be harder with lack of available references, lots of people can take a sumorgi art and make it a sprite). In addition to this if you're going to animate for us it would be ideal to also do the front and back.

8. Pokemon can be reserved for a week, but if there is no sign of progress the reservation will be dropped. Animation reserves can last longer

9. The pose for front and back sprites should be the same. <--- Please see this.

10. For the love of God don't steal from somebodies deviantart account and pass it as your own sprite I can find those a mile away.

11. Special animation rules are here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-animation-rules.3486712/page-15#post-4871636 <--- You'll need this later.
Now I'll just say good luck on making the sprites smaller, and good luck in the back sprites.

I hope you get good QCs as the sprites are already looking good.

finally done with the tyrantrum front sprite including the rare animation. Would have finished earlier but then x and y came out and destracted me lol...

View attachment 2195

I'll start the back if theres nothing wrong with it.
I think you should probably have him open his mouth sooner when he is coming forward to do his roar. Right now it seems like he is doing a head nod and then roaring. But if that is she effect you want than good job :D.

FlinchMachine

You can use the edit button for that. Also, I'm pretty sure that'd be a draft. That needs a LOT of QC. I am sorry if that hurts your feelings!

so these 2 reserved, I'm gonna give it a go on animations too

Edit: Made a bit more, and I'm thinking that mega banette is a bit too small. Back sprites coming soon. I may also touch up the front sprites too
Hey man I really like that banette good job. Doesn't mean much coming from me, but hey.

Edit as long as no one minds, I am gong to go ahead and make the Honedge line shinies.

Edit dammit dammit dammit! I wanted to do something special for my 500th post. Oh well. At least maki shinies for a sick new line is something, eh?

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think you should probably have him open his mouth sooner when he is coming forward to do his roar. Right now it seems like he is doing a head nod and then roaring. But if that is she effect you want than good job :D.
yea thats what I was goin for. Does it look wierd like that?

Even though it probably won't be used, here's a part MAlakazam's back sprite like i promised and a few edits on the front one.

(Poor hobo alakazam had to eat his own legs to survive a bit longer ;_;)
I ended up going with bw colors instead of trying to clone xy since they are a bit too light. Besides, since the abra-kadabra-alakazam trio kept the same colors i figured it'd have been the same with this one if GFreak'd decided to keep sprites.
Edit: I know it's lower back looks weird but for now there hasn't been any leaks on the real thing so think of it as a placeholder with chances of being pretty accurate in the end

so these 2 reserved, I'm gonna give it a go on animations too NVM its already reserved, but that's not gonna stop me!

I already made a Mega Banette sprite, but I believe Mega Manectric is still open and unreserved. In regards to Mega Manectric, I'd recommend trying to rip the colors from the base Manectric sprite seeing as the colors don't really change much. I'm not sure if its too big since I have yet to see a comparison shot. Consider adding a few highlight shades as well on the yellow fur, as currently it looks a bit flat. Hope this helps.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have nosciums' manetric but it's really too big and not the same colurs.

Mega Manetric is only a foot taller, so I'd love to see a noscium edit or an entirely new one, that would be cool.

some slight dress shaping, also a bit more highlighting of the dress on the back, is it too much now?

I have nosciums' manetric but it's really too big and not the same colurs.

Mega Manetric is only a foot taller, so I'd love to see a noscium edit or an entirely new one, that would be cool.

some slight dress shaping, also a bit more highlighting of the dress on the back, is it too much now?
Too much of what? Well I think it looks better now without the awkwardly bent dress. I guess I'd just want the the dress to be lengthened a bit or the left portion of it to be raised. But that's just me.

Also, I think the back sprite didn't follow the change made to the skirt.

I will also be working on the Pumpkaboo line when I finish honedge, if that's ok. Also, expect hoedge's static sprite soon, so I can get some feedback on the colors befor eI spend the time on the animated one.

Edit: As Promised:

Last edited:
I will also be working on the Pumpkaboo line when I finish honedge, if that's ok. Also, expect honedge's static sprite soon, so I can get some feedback on the colors before I spend the time on the animated one.
Are you referring to Pumpkaboo's remaining forms? If so, I already agreed with Layell that I'll be the one to do it. However, I haven't started with them yet and I have quite a busy schedule this week and ahead. I don't really mind if you work on it yourself; your work will be much appreciated.

Now if you're talking about making your own Pumpkaboo sprite, then it's all right too.

Are you referring to Pumpkaboo's remaining forms? If so, I already agreed with Layell that I'll be the one to do it. However, I haven't started with them yet and I have quite a busy schedule this week and ahead. I don't really mind if you work on it yourself; your work will be much appreciated.

Now if you're talking about making your own Pumpkaboo sprite, then it's all right too.
No, No, the shinies. All I can do is recolors, and a halfway decent mdactyl that I did the day it came out but then better ones were made.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Notices a small mistake on my tyrantrum with involving the bottom of the tail so here's the revised version of it. Thought goomy looked fine but I checked on it since somebody said theres something wrong with the back spprite and edited it slightly. (removed a line off top of its head) Guess its alittle better now.

tyrantrum-full.gif
goomy-back-edit.gif

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you have Goomy on your dex you might have noticed this.

"Goomy's backsprite needs three green dots in a row across its back."

Those three are also not the cheeks as well. From our backs perspective I believe we should see one and a half more green dots. Someone may want to confirm.

The buttflowers strike again.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
If you have Goomy on your dex you might have noticed this.

"Goomy's backsprite needs three green dots in a row across its back."

Those three are also not the cheeks as well. From our backs perspective I believe we should see one and a half more green dots. Someone may want to confirm.

The buttflowers strike again.
If you can, mind posting a pic of it? I didnt get far enough in the game to see goomys yet :s

I just so happen to have just run into Goomy. I took a video of it on my phone, it's uploading now.

edit

Here

I made it public so you should be able to see.

edit again

Here's the Pokedex footage.

If you need any other Pokemon's details from the Pokedex or whatever, I can take more pictures and videos.

Looks like there's 5 green dots all together.

Also it looks like there's no difference with male and female Goomy... As far as I can see anyway. (I just ran into a female.)

Last edited:
sorry I haven't posted any thing in awhile I'm having some computer problems
but when I get it fixed I'll post my latest works

I already made a Mega Banette sprite, but I believe Mega Manectric is still open and unreserved. In regards to Mega Manectric, I'd recommend trying to rip the colors from the base Manectric sprite seeing as the colors don't really change much. I'm not sure if its too big since I have yet to see a comparison shot. Consider adding a few highlight shades as well on the yellow fur, as currently it looks a bit flat. Hope this helps.
Well thanks for the advice! I'll get to it. I still wanna give it a go on the mega banette if I can. Well I've made a few ed
its.

I'd appreciate it if someone could resize the manectric, I can't seem to do it =(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)