Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Welp... I think the transparency's been lost, or no high quality now, but here's your resized sprite.

If anyone could just make it transparent, though, and alteast try to make it more HD?

megamanectric_zps25699ff5.png

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well thanks for the advice! I'll get to it. I still wanna give it a go on the mega banette if I can. Well I've made a few ed
its.

I'd appreciate it if someone could resize the manectric, I can't seem to do it =(
here you go silver. Dunno if its exactly right but i did try basing it off its regular form. kinda hard to do with his giant lightning bolt tho. so its just an estimate. Also, you prob have to clean it up a bit since all i did was resize it.

mega electrike.png

Guys... That Manectric looks horrible. The colors aren't preserved and all the lines are antialiased. It's not even a sprite anymore.

The original sized one also has WAY too many colors...

Lemme see what I can do with it. Hang on...

edit

I just put it in Photoshop... There's well over 20 shades of yellow...

Last edited:
Hey guys, this is apparently my first post in this forum ever, as well as one of the first sprites I've made. I really do hope this is okay...

so these 2 reserved, I'm gonna give it a go on animations too NVM its already reserved, but that's not gonna stop me!

Edit: Made a bit more, and I'm thinking that mega banette is a bit too small. Back sprites coming soon. I may also touch up the front sprites too
Well, I know I'm not a great Spriter but I had a small try at Mega Manectric, Just by using one of his sprites. I haven't made it Transparent yet though, Nor did I yet get to putting down the color pallet. But, Here: http://sta.sh/028klo75j0tu

Well, I know I'm not a great Spriter but I had a small try at Mega Manectric, Just by using one of his sprites. I haven't made it Transparent yet though, Nor did I yet get to putting down the color pallet. But, Here: http://sta.sh/028klo75j0tu
I'm sorry, but that wouldn't be a really good or even maybe a sprite.

No offense.

But for your help, read this, whole. And then, see below.

I'm not trying to be mean but I'm not sure you are making these images in the way sprites should be made...

Maybe this would help a bit...
http://dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx#intro
http://dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx#scratching
http://dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx#outlining

Sprites really should have one pixel outlines and no antialiasing at all. Your "sprites" are nice images but they aren't really sprites.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sweet stuff can somebody using this as a base: http://www.smogon.com/teambuilder/sprite_generator
-Make Swirlix gif 96x96 and have the starting pose the same as the static sprite
-Reduce Pangoro gif to 96x96 and have starting pose the same as the static sprite
-Reduce Talonflame gif to 96x96 and have statring pose the same as the static sprite

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present to you Madam Base 260 Attack herself, in all her rare-animated glory.
That looks great, but I would suggest making the mouths bark twice (possibly thrice but twice for now) since the one bark/bite is kinda short and not really what BW2 did,

If I may ask kindly, do you guys need icons similar to these for this spriting project?:

(Just using Chandelure as an example)

Maybe I'm getting mistaken, but I don't know if you guys have said anything about this and I wanted to ask about it myself, since I have made some of them and have them on my own deviantArt account, which look like this:

Sorry if I didn't read enough or anything similar, it was just a random question I thought of when reading the original post.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We haven't finalized exactly what we are doing, but there was some interest in custom mini sprites, but we may just rip them from the game. The problem being PS has a certain size limit at the moment for the icons. The Pegasi Princess if you message me your DA account so I can see any others I'll get in contact with you once we figure out exactly what is desired

also RedRooster

SUPER SIZE ME 2: THE SIZE IS THE PRIZE

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Princess. I joined Smogon just for this project.

I'm a Showdown user and noticed that the current sprite of Talonflame seemed kind of small, so I sought to make my own.

Both front and back sprites contain 14 colours each; that includes transparency.

Here are the issues I find with the current sprite:

- Talonflame is disproportionate (too small)
- some of the colours are too light
- Talonflame is tilted at a slight angle?
- the flight animation is distracting

Wyverii's Talonflame has a very small body to make room for the entire wingspan, making Talonflame seem half as small as Staraptor even though they're supposed to be the same size (3'11" according to the Pokédex). I added Swellow to show that it also has a "perched" pose instead of a flying one. There are some flying birds in BW, like Braviary and Moltres, but those are much larger than these guys.

Granted, I did borrow two of Wyverii's colours for my palette (the darker yellow and medium red). The tail on my sprites is also just an edited version of the one on the current back sprite, since I tried drawing my own tail maybe five times, but I'm really bad at stripes.

My respects go to Wyverii: I don't mean to upstage anyone; I just thought that the current sprite could use some improvement. I'll be busy for the next week or so, but after that, I'd like to work on some other sprites that need animation or new static sprites altogether. Talonflame is my favourite Pokémon of gen 6 so I focused on it first, but all of them deserve the best representation they can get on Showdown. I hope that you consider my sprite. Thanks.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
The pose Wyv made is curved as if ready to attack, it's no wonder the body is smaller. Hers may look smaller but yours is certainly too big, what is a head doing that big anyways? I also can't accept a sprite so that was so blatantly flipped to make the back, I can practically count the small number of changes made to your back aside from flipping them. I also don't think Talonflame can even be that much of a pogostick. The fact you had to rip the tail off from Wyv speaks to how much in the deep end you are without knowing how to swim, it doesn't fit half as well as you'd think.

I'll give you credit for front, back and animation though. If anyone tries to replace a sprite from Wyv it at least needs all of that done.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Finished editing goomy's back sprite. Didnt expect him to get a butt flower too but at least his look better lol

goomy-back.gif

I'll see if I can finish tyrantrum's back by tonight or tomorrow.

Hers may look smaller but yours is certainly too big
Flying animations are awesome, but that's no reason to have the body half the size of another Pokémon of the same size.

I also can't accept a sprite so that was so blatantly flipped to make the back, I can practically count the small number of changes made to your back aside from flipping them.
Virtually all of the sprites for this project are like that. Even so, I agree that my back sprite is cheap, but I can redo it.

The fact you had to rip the tail off from Wyv speaks to how much in the deep end you are without knowing how to swim, it doesn't fit half as well as you'd think.
Do I seem like an amateur spriter to you? The tail was edited, but all of the other parts were hand-drawn from scratch. What you said was rather harsh.

I'll give you credit for front, back and animation though.
What does this even mean?

So, if I made all the changes you listed (smaller head, more original back sprite, better animation, different tail, anything else?), would you implement my sprites? Or is it just impossible to replace a moderator's work? Wyverii's sprite would be an awesome custom sprite, but it's still much smaller than my sprite is big. If you simply don't see it the way I do, and I can't change your mind, I'd be wasting my time trying to make any kind of improvements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)