Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that there's some decent in-game footage on YouTube, I can get working on backsprites for Aegislash and Mega Scizor. Also, I made a couple of excessively minor fixes to some other stuff.

On the shield forme, I missed some spots when colouring it, but I got those patched up. Also, the blade forme is now at the same height as the shield forme, for some reason on the current sprite it's significantly higher up.

This was very minor, but it bugged me that Mega Absol's static sprite wasn't perfectly aligned with either the original Absol sprite or the animated Mega sprite. I recentered it so it matched both of them.

Last edited:
Thanks to some awesome youtubers i got enough info to finish (more like redo) alakazam's back sprite as promised. Here ya go:

As usual, you may use it or ignore it altogether and stick with Nosc's version. Whatever suits you better. Don't count on me animating, since i suck at that
Edit: I also went back to the pale palette (no pun intended) made from the scarce sources about this poke could've been inaccurate, but it turned out to be correct.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok I pushed through another sprite update for the site which involved among other things a new shiny Sylveon that matches the new version.

I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller dedenne really, size is relative in sprites but this electric mouse is the smallest one of the bunch. Of course details are important but I'm sure we can get it slightly smaller if we work at it!

That Alakazam still has so many checkerboards I could probably play chess on on it. Of course smoothing it out entirely shouldn't be so hard. The spoons could also use a more solid outline (consider PS backgrounds not white). I'll add it in next update once we sort that out.

I put nosciums Gyarados in for now, wouldn't mind one with the normal palette/similar size. What happened to that one in dev? We got a good number of photos now of that bugger if chespin nuts hasn't been around someone else can take it.

I've been very busy this week and I'll probably be very busy this coming week. Just remember that if I'm not updating the sheet just PM me a gmail or google drive email and I'll gladly give you edit access. For now I'll probably keep submitting updates as necessary/asked of me.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller dedenne really, size is relative in sprites but this electric mouse is the smallest one of the bunch. Of course details are important but I'm sure we can get it slightly smaller if we work at it!
RedRooster Isn't that a bit too small?

Here's Dedenne at 90 percent:

I changed the palette slightly, as well. It's a bit warmer now.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
that dedenne sprite is adorable. Btw, I finished tyrantrum's backsprite animation. Think it came out nicely!

tyrantrum-back.gif

I'll see if I can finish fixing goomy tonight if not tomorrow

EDIT: right away I noticed some frozen frames but fixed it right now.

Something about the animation - when its tail is most lifted - something seems a little off about it. I'm not sure what it is D: But outside of that like... Wow, your Tyrantrum front and back sprites are so good <3

Dedenne 90% looks really nice~! I agree about the spot between its ears being a little too different, but that's it as far as I can tell.

not really feeling the outline for gengar. Maybe using gray instead of black. Or adding some faint shading would make it look better.
Sure i can try that...but I just need a clear picture of shiny mega gengar to get the colours right...

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Aegislash-Shield forme should have white spots on its shield instead of black as seen here. Blade forme is fine though.

edit: ... /me smack xf

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hmm I actually do like the RedRooser size because it's relative to the other mons of it size, and I feel the details are still seen well enough that we don't have to be too concerned.

I did make some slight QC regardless

Good work by all!

hmm I actually do like the RedRooser size because it's relative to the other mons of it size, and I feel the details are still seen well enough that we don't have to be too concerned.
Are you serious?

Joltik is the smallest Pokémon alive at 4 inches tall (now joined by Flabébé). Dedenne is twice this height at 8 inches tall, yet this version of the sprite is dwarfed by Joltik.

Dedenne vs. other Pokémon who are 0'08" (and Joltik):

--> 90 percent Dedenne = Spritzee = Foongus = Joltik (??)

--> Joltik > Natu and Azurill

--> All of the 0'08" Pokémon and Joltik > smallest Dedenne

size is relative in sprites

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
sounds good then I'll go with the 90% dedenne.

Roak check the chart I have mons for all of those, plus you have some colours that look exactly the same but slightly different, which is bad form.

And few more
sounds good then I'll go with the 90% dedenne.

Roak check the chart I have mons for all of those, plus you have some colours that look exactly the same but slightly different, which is bad form.
well cant help if they look alike :p there's really only 1 X and Y sprite u can go by lol
and chart? (haven't even looked thro this forum just the last page)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
When the topic says read first post that might be a hint to something everyone should do :O

I'm not talking about pose, what I mean is you have two colours that look exactly the same, but are not. It's a waste of a colour.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Something about the animation - when its tail is most lifted - something seems a little off about it. I'm not sure what it is D: But outside of that like... Wow, your Tyrantrum front and back sprites are so good <3

Dedenne 90% looks really nice~! I agree about the spot between its ears being a little too different, but that's it as far as I can tell.
you manage to find what was off with the tail cuz it looks fine to me.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
you manage to find what was off with the tail cuz it looks fine to me.
Please read through the whole thread, it's not that many posts. Anyway, quoted from my last post here:

"Ok then the frames are still a little bit choppy and I have an answer to what Legender said about the tail looking weird. It looks like you.. uhh... squashed it. Like you've just hit a rolled up tube of play-doh and it stretches upwards. (that was a terrible example but you know what I mean now?) How many frames are you using? Also something else to help is it is usually three normal animations then the rare, you have it done 4 times and it seems to take a little bit too... long to get through it."

Now I'll go and delete the last post to save clutter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)