XY UU Viability Ranking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that the only thing stopping nidoking being s rank is that it cant really switch in on many top tier threats. its power and ability to wear down it "counters" is undeniable, but it is dificult to get the opportunity to do so, of the currently s rank pokemon it can only switch in on mienshao, but even then semi reliably asd knock off does quite a bit and removes life orb which nidoking relies on fro much of its power.of the a+ rank mons it can only switch in on florges. this trend continues as uo progress through the list

now obviously nidoking isnt a defensive mon, so that isn't what we should be entirely focusing on. In order for nidoking to be in a situation where it can 2hko something on the switch and do some wall breaking it often requires a double switch, it taking a hit, making a prediction and coming in on a predicted resisted move or coming in after something on its team dies.
this is particularly highlighted when against offensive teams, where it will often only get the opportunity to fire off 1 attack before it dies due to its low speed.
because of thesse factors, i think that nidoking can not be s rank, a rank suits it fine, where it currently is.

EonX, Assault vest Hariyama can reliably counter nidoking

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 134-160 (31.2 - 37.2%) -- 78.9% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 90-107 (20.9 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 142-169 (33.1 - 39.3%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 90-107 (20.9 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 120-142 (27.9 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 110-130 (25.6 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

As you can see Hariyama can switch into any of nidokings moves, tank another hit and proceed to OHKO with ice punch, if you don't have a guts boost you can just use fake out then proceed to ice punch it

252+ Atk Guts Hariyama Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 316-374 (103.9 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Guts Hariyama Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 189-223 (62.1 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Hariyama Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 85-100 (27.9 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Guts Hariyama Fake Out vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 85-100 (27.9 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Non Guts calcs
252+ Atk Hariyama Fake Out vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 56-67 (18.4 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Hariyama Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 212-250 (69.7 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Hariyama Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 56-67 (18.4 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 126-149 (41.4 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Hariyama lacks a reliable recovery move which keeps it from fully checking Nidoking. It gets worn down by damage from hazards and status. Its worth a mention that Hariyama's EQ OHKOs King 56% of the time but I still think SpDef Mew is the best answer to Nidoking as Shadow Ball barely 2HKOs even after SR. But those calcs make me want to try Hariyama, who I can't find in the OP. Isn't it ranked?

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 161-190 (39.8 - 47%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

Hariyama lacks a reliable recovery move which keeps it from fully checking Nidoking. It gets worn down by damage from hazards and status. Its worth a mention that Hariyama's EQ OHKOs King 56% of the time but I still think SpDef Mew is the best answer to Nidoking as Shadow Ball barely 2HKOs even after SR. But those calcs make me want to try Hariyama, who I can't find in the OP. Isn't it ranked?

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 161-190 (39.8 - 47%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
While yes Hariyama has no recovery so it can be warn down - lool I'll give you that one - with wish support it becomes very hard to KO on the special side. Hariyama also takes less damage than mew from entry hazards as it resits rocks so it is not difficult to switch in.

Nidoking's coverage moves can only hope to 4HKO and even with stealth rocks and poison damage Nidokings stabs will never 2HKO at full health.

Lool and no Hariyama is not ranked, I've been trying to convince everyone that it is an A- pokemon as it completely outclasses Machamp as an assault vest user and just has so many other options it can utilise.

eggman62 said:
While yes Hariyama has no recovery so it can be warn down - lool I'll give you that one - with wish support it becomes very hard to KO on the special side. Hariyama also takes less damage than mew from entry hazards as it resits rocks so it is not difficult to switch in.

Nidoking's coverage moves can only hope to 4HKO and even with stealth rocks and poison damage Nidokings stabs will never 2HKO at full health.

Lool and no Hariyama is not ranked, I've been trying to convince everyone that it is an A- pokemon as it completely outclasses Machamp as an assault vest user and just has so many other options it can utilise.
King 2HKOs all relevant Wish passers namely Florges, Umbreon and Vaporeon (did I miss anyone) though. But yeah Hariyama deserves to be ranked. Has a ton of HP, decent attack and access priority. Though A- is probably too high. Maybe B- or B. But it still needs more testing to prove that it is indeed effective (I'm testing it right now). Go sumo wrestler dude!

MoxieInfinite said:
I barely played UU at all, but how the fuck is Vivillon B?
A more accurate Sleep Powder and Hurricane coupled with Quiver Dance. It's pretty much a Butterfree on steroids. It's okay in B, I guess.

EDIT: Tested Hariyama and all I can say is that having CC for a main stab move sucks. It negates AV (AV is x1.5 right?) after 1 use. Really wish it gets drain punch. Yep, A- is too high for the sumo wrestler to aim for.

Last edited:
NotBruceWayne While King can 2HKO all wish passer Hari does not need to receive a wish boost to switch in its bulky enough to tank kings stab. Hariyama is defenitly an A- pokemon any of its assault vest sets outclass Machamps who is also A-

machamp isn't exactly A- for just assault vest alone... in fact, it's A- because it has one niche that no other pokemon (other than roflgolurk) can fulfill: no guard dynamicpunch. aside from being a powerful STAB attack, dpunch has great potential in being an annoyer due to the side effect of confusion. AV is just one of the best ways for machamp to do that job, and it's not really correct to say that hariyama should be A- because its AV sets beat machamp.

it(hariyama) seems like somewhere around B for me, but it definitely isn't A-: machamp is there not for AV, but for no guard dpunch (yeah fuck golurk it doesn't even have stab)

As mentioned earlier, Hariyama can actually run a decent sheer force set with LO, force palm, and your choice of rock slide, elemental punches, iron head or poison jab for sheer force boost, and facade or earthquake for other not sheer force options. Does anyone know if fake out is affected by sheer force? That could be cool if it did. As for AV sets, he doesn't HAVE to run CC, he's got brick break and cross chop if you want longevity. CC forces yourself out, but Hariyama has enough attack to deal some heavy damage if not KO beforehand. He should not stay in after getting to the -1 unless he can KO though.

But yeah, he definitely deserves a rank at the very least. I'm pretty convinced at B+.

As mentioned earlier, Hariyama can actually run a decent sheer force set with LO, force palm, and your choice of rock slide, elemental punches, iron head or poison jab for sheer force boost, and facade or earthquake for other not sheer force options. Does anyone know if fake out is affected by sheer force? That could be cool if it did. As for AV sets, he doesn't HAVE to run CC, he's got brick break and cross chop if you want longevity. CC forces yourself out, but Hariyama has enough attack to deal some heavy damage if not KO beforehand. He should not stay in after getting to the -1 unless he can KO though.

But yeah, he definitely deserves a rank at the very least. I'm pretty convinced at B+.

Yes, fake out is affected by sheer force. But you lose the flinch, which is pretty central to the point of fake out.

And in regards to his ranking, B is solid. He needs heal support badly to do his tanking work, which is a textbook definition for B rank. Not really much else to say, most points about it being in B have already been made.

Last edited:
Moved Zygarde up to S rank.

The coil set is broken, obviously.
Aegislash has "the crumbler." I think we should call zygarde's set "the pulverizer" it's just a tank that gives no fucks to anything that isn't a powerful ice attack which are quite rare in the metagame. Get cloyster/kyurem out of the way and just set up a sub/coil and pulverize the shit out of things.

I think banded Zygarde is really powerful too, just like banded Flygon. The difference is that Zygarde has much better bulk and Extremespeed while Flygon has Levitate and U-turn. It's quite an unexpected set because the majority of Zygarde use a setup move, and you surprise your opponent with a powerful banded Outrage/E-speed. I support S rank :)

Add this to the list of shit that SubCoil Zygarde can set up on:

4 Atk Hippowdon Ice Fang vs. +2 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 88-108 (20.9 - 25.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Generally doesn't break sub after 2 coils. Hippowdon, one of the best defensive mons (if not the best) in the tier, can do absolutely jackshit to Zygarde even when carrying a move that's basically specifically for it. S is absolutely the right place for Zy. I've used Band, it kind of sucks. Use SubCoil.

Add this to the list of shit that SubCoil Zygarde can set up on:

4 Atk Hippowdon Ice Fang vs. +2 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 88-108 (20.9 - 25.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Generally doesn't break sub after 2 coils. Hippowdon, one of the best defensive mons (if not the best) in the tier, can do absolutely jackshit to Zygarde even when carrying a move that's basically specifically for it. S is absolutely the right place for Zy. I've used Band, it kind of sucks. Use SubCoil.
Hippowdon might carry Whirlwind, so I wouldn't exactly call Hippowdon a safe setup fodder. But agreed, outside of Whirlwind, Hippowdon is helpless.

Hippowdon might carry Whirlwind, so I wouldn't exactly call Hippowdon a safe setup fodder. But agreed, outside of Whirlwind, Hippowdon is helpless.
Coincidentally most Hippowdons who carry Ice Fang put it over Whirlwind's slot just for Zygarde, but they alsi have a significantly higher investment in attack to 2HKO Zygarde.

While I am happy that Hariyama is going to end up being ranked I am definitely convinced that it is an A- rank mon. While I cannot ignore the fact that Machamp has a niche with no guard dynamic punch outside of that thanks to Hariyama's bulk it greatly outclasses Machamp.

Lets break this down Machamps most viable set is assault vest dynamic punch and while it hits hard the main reason why it is effective is because it of the confusion. Now unlike every other status condition Confusion is based completely on luck, as there are times when you may be confused for 3 turns but luckily be able to attack for all 3, now yes while this is not guaranteed, the fact that it is a possibility brings up my main question why use a pokemon when you have to rely so much on luck ? The fact of the matter is Machamp is arguable an unreliable pokemon, In one match you play you could find that you are lucky enough to Ko a pokemon thanks to confusion, while on the other hand if you are not lucky and the opposing pokemon does not hit it's self in its confusion you could put bluntly just end up with a dead Machamp this irregularity while yes can undeniably pay off it can also backfire so again I ask why rely on a mon that's overall successfulness is based so much on chance when you can simply use Hariyama, who from my experience of using both is much more reliable and just in many ways more effective ?

If we look at a pokemon like Zygarde for example while it does possess good stats and a decent movepool one of its main appeals is that the opponent will never actually know what set it is running giving you the element of surprise. Now if we look at the rest of the pokemon in the tier In my opinion I am completely justified in saying that this is a trait that very few mons share, yes pokemon like Nidoking may be able to change a few of there moves to counter different threats, so far in the UU meta there are actually very few mons that can run different sets that change what counter them and again I feel I am justified in saying that Hariyama is one Mon that can accomplish this, which in all honesty is quite a big niche in-itself.

So far I have experimented with 3 different Hariyama sets and I can truly say they are all extremely effective at accomplishing their specific goal of design. The assault vest spread with an adamant nature 252spdef and 252 attack with guts as its ability fuctions beautifully as a special tank and a status absorber. Unlike Machamp who loathes facing defensive pokemon out of fear of being burned or poisoned Hariyama loves switching in against pokemon like Jelicent for example as scald does very little damage and will o wisp will essentially give it a free choice band. At full Health Hariyama is a reliable counter against Nidoking who's sludge wave will not 2HKO meaning it can switch in tank another hit and depending on what it is running proceed to OHKO or ko it with a combination of priority and stab close combat as with a guts boost Nidoking will be taking anywhere between 62.1 - 73.3% worth of damage, which is a lot considering it resists the move.

On the other hand Hariyama can run a mixed tank spread with an assault vest and investing in defence instead of its special defence this gives it as much physical bulk as Gastrodon and as much special bulk as Vaporean while at the same time still being able to deal major damage. Running this set Hariyama can go head to head with Zygarde as if Hari switches in on the a coil boost it can use fake out tank an earthquake and then proceed to ko with Ice punch or providing Zy is running leftovers and not a life orb it can switch in on a earthquake tank another one then proceed to OHKO with Ice punch.

Finally Hariyama can also opt to run a more defensive set with thick fat and choose to either maximize its HP and a particular defence or invest fully in both of its defences and leave its Hp. Running this particular set, Hariyama becomes a phenomenal utility pokemon being able to utilise moves like whirlwind, force palm and knock off and being able to counter some of the tiers most dangerous pokemon like mega Houndoom and Kyruem to name a few. Furthermore there is also the option of running a fully defensive rest sleep talk set with seismic toss with either toxic or whirlwind helping to alleviate its lack of recovery.

In conclusion, while this is a very long explanation - Please God say someone actually reads it lol- I do hope I have illustrated just how effective Hariyama is and why it deserves to be A-, Its movepool is expansive and it is lucky enough that its stab hits hard enough for its moveset not to be set in stone, it (Hariyama) is also privileged to not have 4 move syndrome, it is a very good team player being extremely easy to tailor based on your team make-up and on popularity of certain pokemon in the metagame. All in all I think Hariyama is a fantastic pokemon that needs to recognised as top tier pokemon

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SubCoil Zygarde is a beast. DD Zygarde fuks up most SubCoil counters. ChestoRest DD can wreck shit as it dgaf about status. (which is what you'll probably use after it shows DD) Yeah, Zygarde is a certified beast and totally deserving of S rank.

I'm as sorry as I can be, but Hariyama is not going to be a top tier Pokemon as long as Mienshao, Heracross, and Machamp are around. Reckless CB Mienshao tears shit up. LO Regen Mienshao is annoying as fuk because it won't die and still wrecks stuff. Scarf Mienshao is like a panic button for offensive teams. It outspeeds basically anything. Now for Heracross. CB Heracross ruins stuff. If you don't have Florges, something is getting beat up... badly. Oh, and status only makes it hit harder. ScarfCross may not be as effective as it was in BW, but it's still a good late-game cleaner with Moxie. No Guard DynamicPunch makes any Machamp counter only have a 50% chance of actually beating it because of the guaranteed confusion. I'm sorry, but that's pretty damn annoying.
Now, Hariyama can use RestTalk for recovery. You may be thinking "well, Suicune and Mega Ampharos can pull it off, so why not Hariyama?" Well, Suicune is boosting up and/or sweeping while it uses RestTalk while Mega Ampharos can't be setup on due to a 33% chance of it picking Volt Switch. Oh, and both are p. much hard counters to Victini and Darmanitan, the two best physical Fire-types in the tier. While Hariyama can usually deal with Darmanitan, a swift Zen Headbutt to the face from Victini is going to make it loads harder for Hariyama to stay in and burn off the sleep turns. It's not terrible, but it faces a ton of competition no matter what it tries to do. This is why it should be somewhere in the B-rank:

Pokemon who are partially outperformed by a Pokemon in A or S Rank, but are otherwise very dangerous, may also fall into this category. -B rank description. Taken straight from the OP. Hariyama may be able to do all the things you say it can do, but there's a lot of other options that are probably going to be used over it for one reason or another, thus the reason why I think it should be somewhere in B-rank.

Nah, here's the thing: as Galbia points out, you have Dragon Tail. Coil as Hippo switches in, then use Dragon Tail. Now you've scouted it; if it used Ice Fang, you know that it's setup fodder and you can just repeatedly use Coil and Sub. If it used whirlwind (indicated by it doing absolutely nothing that turn as you use Dragon Tail), just DTail any time it comes in. Hippo is setup fodder at worst, useless at best.

Nah, here's the thing: as Galbia points out, you have Dragon Tail. Coil as Hippo switches in, then use Dragon Tail. Now you've scouted it; if it used Ice Fang, you know that it's setup fodder and you can just repeatedly use Coil and Sub. If it used whirlwind (indicated by it doing absolutely nothing that turn as you use Dragon Tail), just DTail any time it comes in. Hippo is setup fodder at worst, useless at best.
Yep, that's true, totally forgot Dragon Tail was part of the set.

However, I would like to stray the discussion to another direction now, and bring up a bit of an unorthodox Pokemon, Shiftry. I'd like to nominate Shiftry to no more, no less than an A- ranking. Since I realise there is some explaining to do, I will deal with Shiftry's viability extensively, mainly focusing on the matchups against Pokemon in S and A-ranks. It is not because Pokemon in lower ranks aren’t relevant, but because you have to draw the line somewhere. Even though Shiftry has notorious merit in a Chlorophyll set, I will disregard it in my analysis since I have no experience in it in this generation. However, the set I do have experience with is this:

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll / Early Bird
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Low Kick
96 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Def / 56 SpD / 44 Spe
(The EV spread is the one found in Shiftry’s BW2 UU analysis, however, it is mostly for reference, different spreads will be suggested later)

I will hide most of the analysis, and will put up a tl;dr below.

The main selling point of Shiftry is its powerful Sucker Punch, which will dent every fast and frail attacker in the tier after a Swords Dance. Out of the common U-turners or revenge killers, only a full health Mienshao can take a Sucker Punch, and if SR is on the field, it only has 50% chance of surviving it. Seed Bomb is a great coverage move against the premier physical walls in the tier, namely Suicune, Slowbro and Hippowdon. Low Kick is the best option for the third slot, as it does about 75% to MAggron, and cleanly OHKOes all variants of Snorlax. Shiftry loves to have SR support, since it transforms many potential OHKOs into reality. Most notable ones include Mienshao, Kyurem, M-Absol, Shaymin, Doublade, Escavalier, Nidoqueen and physically bulky Tentacruel.

Shiftry invests heavily into bulk because it is pretty frail, and with Sucker Punch, it does not really need Speed. 44 EVs are to outspeed 0 Speed Suicune. However, there are other notable benchmarks. 164 EVs lets you outspeed 0 Speed Tentacruel, whereas 176 EVs ensure you will outspeed Adamant max Speed Cloyster, so you won’t have to rely on Sucker Punch. However, with SR support, you are guaranteed to OHKO Cloyster even with Sucker Punch. Investment in bulk is recommended, as you can find more setup opportunities. It is worth noting, that the bulk mentioned in the set lets you live a Flamethrower from M-Manectric at full health.

The idea with Shiftry is to, ideally, use Swords Dance when the opponent is forced to switch. However, since that’s not always a possible scenario, Shiftry should try to boost against the multitude of bulky water Pokemon in the tier. Suicune and Gastrodon are ideal candidates, although one must be wary of Scald’s burn chance. Outside of a stray Bug Bite, there’s also little Forretress can do, and you will guarantee a 3HKO with +2 Low Kick.

Even though Shiftry has a glaring weakness to Bug, it is really not all that crippling for Shiftry, since no U-turn user can reliably take a Sucker Punch at +2. Shiftry does have a good deal of weaknesses, but it sports some notable resistances also. With Dark-typing, Shiftry possesses a resistance to Ghost, which is quite a rare resistance nowadays. Shiftry can also be utilized in a Fire-Water-Grass core well.

There are still Pokemon which will win against Shiftry in most scenarios, even at +2. Defensive Mew can outspeed Shiftry and burn it. Although Umbreon is 2HKOed by Low Kick, it can try and ToxicStall Shiftry. MAggron will never take more than 75% from Low Kick, and will OHKO with Heavy Slam. M-Ampharos has a 70% chance of surviving Sucker Punch with Rocks up, and it can use Focus Blast to retaliate. Defensive Arcanine (with Intimidate) will never take more than 60% from Sucker Punch. Bulky Honchkrow can also survive a Sucker Punch, even with rocks up, and retaliate with BB. There are also Pokemon which resist Shiftry’s STABs well via typing. Heracross, Chesnaught and Toxicroak can all take a hit and kill Shiftry.

I am proposing an A- rank, because I believe that Shiftry is not specifically outclassed by any other Pokemon in its role. Shiftry sports an enormously powerful priority in Sucker Punch. Honchkrow kinda competes with it in that regard, but Honch needs 2 Moxie kills before it can rival Shiftry's power after a Swords dance. Another Pokemon that comes close to Shiftry’s role is Toxicroak, although its Sucker Punch is nowhere near as powerful as Shiftry’s. The most notable problem with Shiftry is the fact that you practically need to force a switch in order to set up properly. It’s not like Shiftry can’t take a stray Ice Beam from a water Pokemon, but with Life Orb damage added in, Shiftry will just die too quickly. Hence, I would like to see some discussion on Shiftry’s ranking, while starting the discussion with A-.

tl;dr Shiftry possesses an extraordinarily powerful Sucker Punch after a Swords Dance, and even revenge killers that resist it might not survive. Seed Bomb is a good way to get rid of the bulky water Pokemon in the tier, Low Kick hits M-Aggron and Snorlax hard. 44 EVs are to outspeed 0 Speed Suicune, rest is put into bulk to ease up the Swords Dance. Shiftry can boost well against the water Pokemon in the tier, and some defensive Pokemon. In addition to offensive prowess, Shiftry can bring a team some good resistances. Ghost-resistance is a rarity nowadays, and Shiftry can also be a successful part of a Fire-Water-Grass core. There are Pokemon Shiftry has trouble with, most notable being defensive Mew, Chesnaught, Heracross and Toxicroak and bulky Intimidate Arcanine. However, as I see that Shiftry isn’t really outclassed in its role by anything, and can pack quite a punch after a Swords Dance, I nominate Shiftry for A-.

I haven't used Shiftry yet but it's certainly a versatile mon. For instance, it's one of the few decent mons available now in UU that gets defog. With strong priority and good STABs, I think a defog set definitely merits a look, in addition to the set mentioned above.

Ran into some Shiftries (don't judge me, "ys" is weird) for the first time last night. One got up a Swords Dance which can be really scary if you don't have something that can take a Sucker Punch.

Timpsu, Shiftry is first of all outclassed by Mega-absol as a Sucker punch attacker because of its Higher speed, and by Toxicroak which has better bulk and a nice typing. It is to frail to come in on attacks (Even resisted hits do alot) and relies on sucker punch to take down faster pokemon. Without an SD boost it fails to OHKO just about everything. and many common pokemon are not even 2HKOed.

Here i have some calcs without SD: (many of these can OHKO/2HKO it back easily)
252 Atk Life Orb Shiftry Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 187-221 (46.2 - 54.7%) -- 7.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Shiftry Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 130-153 (36.1 - 42.5%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Shiftry Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 101-121 (29.3 - 35.1%) -- 13.2% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Shiftry Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Mega Abomasnow: 252-299 (65.6 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Shiftry Seed Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 214-253 (78.9 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Shiftry Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 230-270 (65.5 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Shiftry Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Houndoom: 156-185 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who cannot sweep through or wall significant portions of the metagame, but can properly fulfill a given offensive/defensive niche. Support Pokemon in this category have flaws that prevent them from doing their job or are setup bait for dangerous sweepers. Pokemon who are partially outclassed by a Pokemon in A or S Rank, but are otherwise very dangerous, may also fall into this category.

and
C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who can be effective given the right support, but either have crippling flaws that prevent them from consistently executing their strategy or are typically inferior to Pokemon in the above ranks.

Shiftry fits somewhere inbetween these (C+ or B-) because of its major weaknesses that cannot be helped by poor bulk, no sun perma sun to play in and being simply outclassed by other pokemon in the higher tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)