Yilx first place artist

Hey Yilx, these look awesome! Although I do have some critizism that I hope can help you.

I've noticed this in previous smog articles, and that's trying to make these "shadow" pokemon recognizable. For example, I was a little confused at the start with Sharpedo and Electrode. I thought that Electrode was gengar because of the colours and teeth and I had some trouble figuring out what Sharpedo was. I remember having a hard time figuring out some of the sillhouettes in the weather article pic that you did, so just thought that I might point that out for future references. Maybe it's just the colour scheme that's got me confused.....

But yeah, that's the only critizism that I can think of. Other than that, you did another fantastic job!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it just me or should the lips be.slightly higher? >.> Haha but this is still great even though I have no idea what it is lol! You're using those block black lines lesser now? Anyway Yilx too pro *_*

Hey Yilx, could you do a Haunted Pokemon House filled with Haunters, Chandelures, etc?
That would be really great thanks!
Pleease.

On a different note, your art is probably the best Smogon has to offer. I salute you.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Got off my lazy ass and updated the OP.

Fakemon concepts I guess

"Fuwaran" Flying

"Treinsforge" Steel

"That terrible Valkyiremon" V2. Subject to change. Flying/Fighting

The steel type and the flying/fighting type are neat.

How many layers did you use on Amorpha, that artwork looks so FULL OF WIN AND EPICNESS. D: Unbelievable.

Yilx what I love most about your art at the moment is that you are (very successfully) breaking away from the "yilx style" you had of black background etc. The backgrounds you've been usin recently are just lovely and really help to like add onto and complement the piece instead of just being there like the old ones. And your shading is just to die for, it's so smooth and rich :)

Yilx

Sad

Sawk

You are a true professional indeed.
No way... I'm no where anywhere near that level yet.
Look up aragornbird/rocket grunt/etc if you want to see a true pro

Hey Yilx, could you do a Haunted Pokemon House filled with Haunters, Chandelures, etc?
That would be really great thanks!
Pleease.

On a different note, your art is probably the best Smogon has to offer. I salute you.
Someone already did that way better than I ever could even dream of doing, actually.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is it just me, or does Sawk looks like a DC/Marvel hero? Incredible shading!
About yomu, the socks seemed to be of different height - it looks as if it reaches higher on her right leg. Could be the skirt imparting an illusion, but I dunno... :I

Looks good yilx. Nice touch with the red lighting. My only criticism is that the shadows aren't in the same direction as sawk's attention which makes his pose's angle look a bit weird.

Yilx

Sad
Just saying, I really, REALLY appreciate the constructive feedback I've been getting lately; I can not thank you guys enough!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It feels pretty smooth but yet metallic like it's a blue iron man >.> haha

Such lineart isn't what you normally do right ?_? IDK it feels like somewhat a mix of Zracknel and you >.> haha the shading on the right leg seems somewhat awkward :d

You just can't stay away from your jagged shadows can you x)

Yilx

Sad
It feels pretty smooth but yet metallic like it's a blue iron man >.> haha

Such lineart isn't what you normally do right ?_? IDK it feels like somewhat a mix of Zracknel and you >.> haha the shading on the right leg seems somewhat awkward :d

You just can't stay away from your jagged shadows can you x)
I used to do it like this, way back in 2010. Then I started black-backgrounding...

looking at that sawk yilx, i cant tell which way is the front. The legs seem to be facing towards the right and the body is swiveled to face to back right. Its like his torso got flip turned backwards. maybe its just me though.

as for you not being pro status, you are on the same level as Rocket Grunt and Aragornbird and whoever else, but i guess we all say that we just arent as good hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)