Yilx first place artist

Doran, Sawk's body is facing to the left, due to the black belt and the fact that Sawk isn't THAT fat. The stance is just an over-the-top karate stance. :D Yilx, not your best, but that doesn't mean I don't love it.

I love the warmth of the red shading on Sawk, a nice contrasting touch. I think the piece would have an overall more professional feel to it if there was more of a back ground, showing the source of the light. You've worked a lot recently on backgrounds. The discrepancies in the stance and pose have been highlighted already. If you developed the shadows a little more then it would have a more professional feel to it definitely. The shadows currently don't make sense unless the red isn't a light it's just to highlight the shadowed part of Sawk. Still, the shadows on the ground could be more developed. A good piece and I've always loved your work but still there are areas you could improve on. Just like everyone. Hope this helps and isn't complete nonsense :)

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
yilx, your art is absolutely exquisite.

of course this is a pokemon forum, but i am constantly enamored with your humans and girls that you constantly draw. you're very adept with minute details, and their hands are never, ever awkward! everything is in its rightful place, doubly so when adapting to a pokemon design and still retaining your own flare in its creation.

also can you tell me how to just draw myself some abs like iroha uta, thanks~

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
WOW, that's incredible, Yilx. I love that you've been breaking out of your shell as of late artistically (not that there was anything bad with your old style). I adore the faded colors and soft strokes of the above painting. The expressions are fantastic too. Please keep on developing new styles of drawing; they'll help you to become an even more versatile artist in the future.

Keep it up <3

I love that piece Yilx. The gentle brushstrokes are masterful, and enhance the humour, I think (Please don't challenge that odd statement).

Your new art style is great, and I love the expressions. However, I feel that Garchomp doesn't need those question marks, it takes away the focus of the pokemon, a little. And if anybody disagrees with these comments... I don't blame you.

Until seeing the above picture, I thought Garchomp and Heatran would forever be depicted as ugly.
But that's just cute.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh man I saw your excellent weather art on eo's proposition and this stuff is amazing. Huge props to you.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dark/Steel Registeel looks like something from an anime. Love it!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea... not sure what makes this stand out from the rest, but it seems a lot crisper than your usual artwork. I really like the details on her armor, dress, and hands. Your use of the color red is AWESOME :D

Well that Koffing likes her.... I love the shading of the body and the backgrounds, but the legs/thighs look out of proportion. Maybe slim them down a bit?

EDIT: And where's Mollux?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sick.

As much as I like the main character in that picture, it's your background art that I fell in love with. It has such a dynamic color range and the rocks jutting out into the sun at that angle looks incredible. Every single red line looks like it's clinging to the stone. Awesome work, Yilx =)

Wow Yilx
That Face looks really good. Practice makes perfect?. I love the contrast of the blue with the Orange sky. The lighting and the details and the shading. One of your best pieces in my opinion. Sort of new style too. Really really good job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)