Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, the new list kinda ticks me off, so I might just sell the cards I have now and start fresh again once I have a good amount of expendable income. Kinda sad that I first invested money into an X-Saber deck lol...

I don't really care about the list since I only play at my local store which is pretty much rogue deck central. If I played at a comp environment I would probably be annoyed but w/e.

why hit dustshoot when it's one of the best checks to inzectors and wind-up ;_;
This comment certainly raised an eyebrow, to say the least.

What shoulda happened is that they should have Limited Rat, Zenmaighty and Dragonfly and banned Dandy. That would of solved some problems at least. Possibly limited Rabbit but I would have liked to see it at 2 first.
That would imply that Konami is intending to make a balanced game and not trying to rake in more money.

Plant decks are finally dead now, right?

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Tengu Plants are finally dead, but JunkDoppel can probably still be a solid tier 2 deck. They won't be as consistent and explosive as before, as they won't be able to use the entire plant engine, but still have some neat tricks. I understand why Konami banned Glow-Up (very splashable and rendered other tuners like Plaguespreader useless), but I'm still a little bit upset about the Spore ban. While it was a powerful tuner, you could only use its effect once, and it only worked alongside Lonefire and Dandylion.

They might bring Lonefire to 2 in the future to allow other variants of plants to be playable (lol GigaVise). But yea, expect plant synchro variants to be dead until Konami makes some changes to the banlist.

BWs, and GB say sup.
good call on gb, i dont think bw was ever tier 1 though, regardless of what japanese tournaments tell you

even in dsf format when bw was at its prime, cat was more explosive, more consistent, and had crush card which was quite honestly the only thing that kept lightsworns in check

bw have been a playable archetype for years, but i wouldnt call them t1 in the same way that plants were

The new ban list was very poorly designed or with the wrong ideas in mind: it seems like Konami wanted to give every deck or so a broken factor/card/play so that everyone could have fun playing broken decks in a very fast-paced metagame, while keeping the whole thing ''balanced'' (if every deck is broken, then it's all ''balanced''). Obviously, this idea doesn't quite work... Only thing they succeeded is promoting XYZ by hurting Synchros a lot.

The metagame to come is probably going to be Herp-a-Derp-a-doo all the way, unfortunately; a slow format would be good from times to times...

You're overreading into this. They want money, plain and simple. That is the only driving force behind this list, not any school of thought on balance. None of the metagame's real money cards were hit, and the archetype that didn't fall into line with the archetype Konami is trying to promote was utterly destroyed (Synchro and Xyz, respectively, note how Tengu was semi'd in spite of not being OCG legal yet Tour Guide From the Underworld, which is clearly the more broken of the two, was untouched).

You're overreading into this. They want money, plain and simple. That is the only driving force behind this list, not any school of thought on balance. None of the metagame's real money cards were hit, and the archetype that didn't fall into line with the archetype Konami is trying to promote was utterly destroyed (Synchro and Xyz, respectively, note how Tengu was semi'd in spite of not being OCG legal yet Tour Guide From the Underworld, which is clearly the more broken of the two, was untouched).
I maybe am, but nonetheless this list is pretty poor and only shows that Konami cares more about money (which they already are making plenty of) than the quality of the game and its players, unfortunately; in fact, right now, Konami just wants everyone to play lots and lots of XYZ, which explains most of what they touched (Glow-up Bulb, Trishula, Spore, Reborn Tengu, Agent Earth - this is very clever of them seeing as they hit the Tuner and not Venus or Hyperion.

But to me, it really seems like Konami wants to give every single deck they wish to support broken plays: Wind-Ups, Dino Rabbit/Dimensional Lagia, Inzektor, etc.

even in dsf format when bw was at its prime, cat was more explosive, more consistent, and had crush card
there was a point in time in japan where crush was legal and they had vayu but we didn't :x

if you'll look back anpr's tcg release date was september 1st 2009.....on the day the list that banned dsf and crush took effect lol

you also have to take into account that a major reason bw continued to do so well in the ocg even after the hits they took in sept 09 and both 2010 lists had to do with them not having cards like xx-saber darksoul yet

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
So, what decks do you guys plan on using this format?

In my tests on DN, I'm pleasantly surprised with Skill Drain Dark World. It's one of the best stun decks around now, since Skill Drain, 2 Torrential Tribute, and Deck Devastation Virus give the current Tier 1 decks a big headache. Card-Car D is also pretty good in the deck since it works under Skill Drain and really helps you set up your plays early game.

I've also been thinking about trying a Chaos deck that uses 2 Emergency Teleport. Should be interesting.

Still playing GKs, and have been seeing a lot more of them recently, which is a little strange. Tier 1 decks are quite annoying (though a good opening seems to shut down Wind-Ups pretty nicely), but I doubt I am going to move away from GKs any time soon. 2 Torrential Tribute seems to be working pretty nicely in the deck though.

I will definitely agree, Skill Drain Dark World is annoying. With Skill Drain up Grapha is pretty painful, especially for a low power deck like GKs.

anybody check out the new xyz monsters that are gonna be in the next starter deck?

String Devil Muzumuzu Rhythm - rank 3/1500atk/1000def, can detach an xyz material to double a Devil xyz monster's attack during the damage step when it attacks

Drum Devil Tenten Tempo - rank 3/1700atk/1000def, can detach one xyz material to detach -all- xyz materials from an opponent's xyz monster + all devil xyz on your field when you do this gain 500atk

Brass Devil Mellowmellow Melody - rank 3/1400atk/1600def, can detach one material to allow one devil xyz to attack twice that battle phase

Symphony Devil Maestroke - rank 4/1800atk/2300def, can detach a material to change one attack position monster the opponent controls to face-down defense position + can prevent the destruction of a devil xyz monster by detaching a material

imagine making tempo with tour guide to remove the materials from an opponent's zenmaines or gachi gachi lol...

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Yea, I don't like how they are giving Tour Guide so many tools to play with. Do they really want it to be more powerful than it already is?

The Devils look charming, so perhaps I will take them up. Wonder what the TCG names will become.

I hate how Konami keeps printing so much Archtypes =/
I honestly love the variety. What I do not like, however, is the way they go about (giving support/not giving enough support/oversupporting/undersupporting) Archtypes. Really, with a little competent R&D, we could have a wide range of balanced and varying themes that are also not quite as handicapped by other popular trends/decks.

Ugh, why Konami, why do you hate Agents? Its not even the most broken deck type preORCS. I mean sure Agents still function, but man, what a hit to my consistancy.

With that said, I'm really hating the current top decks so I wanna try something more niche, but still good. Im thinking about building Fableds right now, the decklist Ive got going is

3 Fabled Grimro
3 Fabled Krus
2 Fabled Kushano
3 The Fabled Cerburrel
2 the Fabled Chawa
3 The Fabled Ganashia
2 The Fabled Nozoochee
3 Fabled Ravens
2 The Tricky
2 Fabled Lurrie
1 Morphing Jar
1 Snipe Hunt

Spells:
3 Gates of the Dark World
3 Dark World Lightning
1 Card Destruction
2 Monster reincarnation
2 Magical Mallet
1 Mind Controll
2 MST
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole

Traps:
2 Beckoning Light

The deck is fun but I feel like it could be better. What are some other underused good decks?

This is a very simple build of the Skill Drain DW deck I´ve been using in DN;

3 Grapha, dragon of dark world
1 Goldd, wu lord of dark world
2 Broww, huntsman of dark world
1 Silva, warlord of dark world
3 Snoww, unlight of dark world
3 Beiige, vanguard of dark world
2 Tour guide from underworld
2 Trance archfiend
1 Sangan
1 Card Car D
1 Malefic Stardust dragon
1 Malefic cyber end dragon

Spells:
3 Gates of the Dark World
1 Card Destruction
1 Monster reborn
1 Foolish burial
2 Dark world dealings
1 Dragged down into the grave
1 Allure of darkness
1 Gateway from dark world
1 MST

Traps:
2 Dark Smog
2 Recless Greed
2 Skill Drain
2 Deck Devastation Virus
1 Mirror force
1 Forces of darkness
2 Torrential tribute
1 Solemn Judjement
1 Escape from dark dimension

I used to have 3 Skill drain, 3 tours and 3 virus, but never had the chance to use most viruses and the skill drains just ended up occuping space in hand (or stealing important draws); the third tour was never used, so i dumped her too.

I love the flow of this deck, you barely ever have no hand (except in the last turn, probably after a reckless) and can swarm the field on turn 2 if you know what to discard. Smog and Skill drain hinder pretty much any meta deck (no inzectors in grave, no "solemn" Laggya, no wyvern or darkness metal dragon....) it almost feels bad when i get them out.

The malefics are never a dead draw: with the quick drawing i can make in a single turn, cards hardly stay 2 turns in hand; and anyway, skill drain isn´t a big loss when it isn´t drew, the dark worlds can make it on their own.

I have a lot of fun with this, so much I´m a little afraid I can´t really grasp a lot of incongruences in the deck, but I feel it needs a lot of work; so what are your toughts?

Anyway, do you think DW is broken? Im new to DN but in all my matches I´ve met like 2 DW users, with the rest being dinorabbit, some ocasional inzecter or wind up (maybe they are people in higher rankings?) and a lot of dragons collide fever; so I can´t see if if DW is that overused.

I´ll start working on a hyeroglyph deck, they´re gaining a bit of popularity and being able to use the highest ranked xyz seem like a lot of fun for me. What are your recommendations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)