Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

I know this has probably been asked waaaaay too many times, but has someone compiled a list of Platinum sprites, not just Sinnoh-Dex ones.

Only the sinnoh dex pokemon have changed sprites. Sorry.

Just out of curiosity, need help with AR - what is the game code, and have the "Codes" changed?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yesterday was funny. I saw a fuckload of Bidoofs (Platinum sprite) and this same Bronzong pic at the whole page. I even post a "what the shit has happened here", but no one cared.

I'm scared now >_> Bronzong wants to tell me something.

EDIT: They disappeared, at least for now...

Could you tell those of us who don't know Japanese how to activate Mystery Gift?
Top Left - みんな
Top Right -
ハッピー
Bottom Left -
Wi-Fi
Bottom Right -
つうしん

For Mystery Gift, this is from Bulbapedia, but I havent checked myself if this is correct, but I reckon it is.

Its in the right thread this time ¬¬

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Top Left - みんな
Top Right -
ハッピー
Bottom Left -
Wi-Fi
Bottom Right -
つうしん

For Mystery Gift, this is from Bulbapedia, but I havent checked myself if this is correct, but I reckon it is.

Sentence-structure-wise, do messages in Japanese through the letter section feel less "Mad-libs" than English, to anyone who can read it?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What do you mean by mad-lib?

By the way, the first time I put my Mystery Gift system up on my English game, it was through a Japanese 5 year old telling me what to put in. I translated the phrases from Japanese to English in my head, and they turned out to work exactly the same in both games (ie, it's a direct translation). Actually I've played through D/P in both English and Japanese and the translations are suprisingly close.

Top Left - みんな
Top Right -
ハッピー
Bottom Left -
Wi-Fi
Bottom Right -
つうしん

This would seem to suggest that it is correct. (Or more specifically, that it did not change in Platinum.)

I haven't been able to activate it, though, but I assume it's because I'm getting the second word wrong. (I can't read Japanese, saw a word that kind of looked like it, but obviously it was wrong. Been unable to find the right word...)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The second word is "Happy." Not the japanese word, the english word. You know if Americans could read Kana they'd be surprised how much they could get around Tokyo. So many signs and information is actually writing in English.

Granted it's Katakana instead of Alphabet, but then most Japanese are really bad at reading romanji too. lol

The second word is "Happy." Not the japanese word, the english word. You know if Americans could read Kana they'd be surprised how much they could get around Tokyo. So many signs and information is actually writing in English.

Granted it's Katakana instead of Alphabet, but then most Japanese are really bad at reading romanji too. lol
Stop making us jealous and feel bad about ourselves >=(

Thanks so me sensei ChouToshow off I can slightly read katakana/hiragana. And I can translate too. Most words are like what Chou is saying. For example Iron heads jap name is Aian Heddo. Which if your pronounce out loud it sounds like what a fluent japanese would say Iron head.

Like Imagine you have a japanese exhange student and he was trying to say iron head. Thats how he would pronounce it. Aian Heddo.

Incredibly helpful. I found Happy in D/P and was able to locate the correct word in Platinum. Mystery Gift activated. Thanks. :)

Does anyone know where to get a Swablu in Platinum? o_O Are Altaria wild? What about Floatzel?

And are Feebas still found in the mountain lake thing?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Toshow off xD Yeah sorry. But don't you feel so much more enlightened now Juju that if we talk about the language it makes sense to you?

Toshow off xD Yeah sorry. But don't you feel so much more enlightened now Juju that if we talk about the language it makes sense to you?
Hey Toshio, what are the Japanese words for spiritomb, nasty plot, ampharos, smearge, and tail glow. I want test the egg moves but I don't have these pokemon in platinum so I'm gonna pokesav them.

Just wondering..any rumors of a american release date by any chance? or good theories?

Also, are the birdies going to be synch-able? Because if so I need to stop wasting time SRing a calm Articuno in LG..

Chou Toshio

Over9000
>.< You just got to keep wandering. I don't know if this will help, but Cynthia tells you the goal is to go "down."

Also push the rocks into the holes indicated by the pixies.

Also, are the birdies going to be synch-able? Because if so I need to stop wasting time SRing a calm Articuno in LG..
Not synch-able. Been trying for Zapdos with a timid syncher for a while and got no timids and about 6 braves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)