Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 2 (In-Game Discussion)

Finally got the national dex, and most of the pokes I was going to test have been tested ;_; I can still test Gardevoir for Arael though :3? It hasn't been tested I don't think.

Any other suggestions?

Edit- Also, this makes things easier, gonna write the moves in japanese :D:
Note: I'm omitting the ones that I don't think most people are using...

Pastoria Tutor:
Dive- ダイビング
Icy Wind- こごえるかぜ
Thunder Punch- かみなりパンチ
Fire Punch- れいとうパンチ
Ice Punch- ほのおのパンチ
Ominous Wind- あやしいかぜ
Air Cutter- エアカッター
Zen Headbutt- しねんのずつき
Vacuum Wave- しんくうは
Trick- トリック
Knock Off- はたきおとす
Sucker Punch- ふいうち

Snowpoint:
Synthesis- こうごうせい
Magnet Rise- でんじふゆう
Last Resort- とっておき
Swift- スピードスター

Survival
Superpower-ばかぢから
Iron Head- アイアンヘッド
Aqua Tail- アクアテール
Gastro Acid- いえき
Wring Out- しぼりとる
Outrage- げきりん
Ancientpower- げんしのちから
Signal Beam- シグナルビーム
Earth Power- だいちのちから
Gunk Shot- ダストシュート
Seed Bomb- タネばくだん
Iron Defense- てっぺき
Bounce- とびはねる
Heat Wave- ねっぷう

New Rotom forms oficially suck.

That's all I have to say.

I have a hard time believing a possessed Fridge with boltbeam and 3 immunities with competent defenses and SA is suck in any way.

Fridge Rotom could be great in a hail team. 100% Acc Blizzard, STAB Thunderbolt, and immunity to fighting is not a bad deal. It's like Froslass without Fire, Rock, or Steel weak.

Wash Rotom would be ridiculous on Rain Dance teams. 100% Acc Thunder + boosted Rain Dance. And it resists Electric. I guess you could say Lanturn is a bit better since it absorbs Elec, but Rotom covers Lanturns Ground weakness.

[Discharge/Thunder Wave]/Air Slash Fan Rotom sounds pretty annoying too.

Ghost/Electric with Levitate is super awesome. Any other type it would switch to would remove its most powerful accurate STAB for a type that would add weaknesses. Grass and Ice are crap defensively, Fire and Ice both hate Stealth Rock. Ghost/Water would be the only potentially non-terrible one.

Honestly, I'm glad it doesn't change type. Currently it resists everything it needs to. Steel/Electric/Flying/Poison/Bug resists and Normal/Fighting/Ground immunities. That isn't a bad deal in the slightest.

What the shit has happened here?

EDIT: Okay, the forums is normal again.

And yes, Deck Knight, I do agree the new Rotoms will be good and all, but quite frankly, they aren't anything close of what we have thought. Or, at least, what they could have been.

What the shit has happened here?

EDIT: Okay, the forums is normal again.

And yes, Deck Knight, I do agree the new Rotoms will be good and all, but quite frankly, they aren't anything close of what we have thought. Or, at least, what they could have been.

So the result didn't match our hype? When does that ever happen.

Really. I mean, it gains 30 Base points in each Defense and a 10 point boost in SA for a 5 point loss in Speed. It's still faster than Gyarados and Heracross, and that's all I really care about.

It basically has the same defenses as Spiritomb only with a ton of good resistances, speed that isn't garbage, paralysis instead of sleep, and better initial SA. The appliances might as well be evolved forms.

Will the rotom forms be able to learn moves like flamethrower/grass knot, or will we have to relie on hit and run moves like overheat/leaf storm?

I know. But they could at least huh keep the new moves upon changing forms.

Anyways, could someone tell me where do I find trainers with Wormadam, Gengar, Medicham, Happiny, Pichu, Hippopotas, Octillery, Tentacool, Tentacruel and Porygon?

And what the hell are all those Bronzongs and Bidoofs over Stark Mountain (the forum)?

I see no Bronzong or Bidoof....

Wormadam is south of Veilstone.

Testing Gardevoir!

It learns Signal Beam and some other inconsequential move. No Earth Power :(

As far as I can tell, Salamence does NOT get Superpower, and neither does Flygon, not that it was expected really...

I still love the Rotom forms especially Frost form, but seriously, why such a weird mechanics as losing your form moves when switching into a different one? I was hoping that they keep their form moves for nifty combo effects. I'll admit that they're not so great under normal conditions.

Overheat&Leaf Storm~ Lower your SpA by 2. Only good for hit and run tactics

Blizzard&Hydro Pump ~ That shaky 70% accuracy

Air Cutter~ ........why air cutter?

Why couldn't they just allow him to learn new TM moves upon changing forms.

Just curious, anyone know why the Lilycove City theme is in Platinum?

Because Junichi Masuda and Go Ichinose are awesome and often "remix" songs from earlier games. Off the top of my head, the Ecruteak City Theme from GSC was just the Blue Field theme from Pokemon Pinball, which was earlier "Mezase Pokemon Master '98". This has been a very popular song in pokemon for over a decade and has been performed for at least four different arenas. I'm not surprised at all to see that they've done this for the Lilycove City Theme in Platinum, and would expect at least one more such "remix".

I know. But they could at least huh keep the new moves upon changing forms.
I don't know, then there wouldn't really be a reason to have these extra forms--they'd all be interchangeable, with the same stats, same type, same moves, it would basically just be which sprite you liked best. This way, they each have their own niche, they're each different--but instead of you having to just choose one, you've got the ability to switch between them as necessary, in case you switch your team and find that Cut Rotom no longer fits--maybe Wash Rotom is a better choice, you don't have to get a new Rotom, you can just swap forms, maybe do a bit of re-EV training if necessary.

I have a hard time believing a possessed Fridge with boltbeam and 3 immunities with competent defenses and SA is suck in any way.

Fridge Rotom could be great in a hail team. 100% Acc Blizzard, STAB Thunderbolt, and immunity to fighting is not a bad deal. It's like Froslass without Fire, Rock, or Steel weak.

Wash Rotom would be ridiculous on Rain Dance teams. 100% Acc Thunder + boosted Rain Dance. And it resists Electric. I guess you could say Lanturn is a bit better since it absorbs Elec, but Rotom covers Lanturns Ground weakness.

[Discharge/Thunder Wave]/Air Slash Fan Rotom sounds pretty annoying too.

Ghost/Electric with Levitate is super awesome. Any other type it would switch to would remove its most powerful accurate STAB for a type that would add weaknesses. Grass and Ice are crap defensively, Fire and Ice both hate Stealth Rock. Ghost/Water would be the only potentially non-terrible one.

Honestly, I'm glad it doesn't change type. Currently it resists everything it needs to. Steel/Electric/Flying/Poison/Bug resists and Normal/Fighting/Ground immunities. That isn't a bad deal in the slightest.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. There typing is perfectly fine. It's a ghost possessing electrical appliances, thus it keeps the Ghost/Eletric, but it gains special attacks that match the appliance. It doesn't make sense for a fridge to be using Overheat... It is all very logical. :x

Though, my sole complaint is that they didn't get different base stats, and other attacks of there appliance type (Which would all be forgotten upon reverting back, or choosing another appliance). I can live with attack thing, but being way too similar kinda sucks. Like you said though, they all fill different niche roles anyways.

Too bad original Rotom is totally shafted now. It can still be a viable Tricker I guess, and I assume the other forms will be BL / OU (maybe) at least, so he still has UU all to himself.

Moving on, first thing I am going to breed in Platinum is DDTar with Aqua Tail.

Back