Not open for further replies.
Night Chill
Type: Ghost
Attribute: Physical
BP: 25
PP: 5
Accuracy: 90
Priority: 0
Secondary Effect: 100% chance to give a chill to the opponent Pokemon, will freeze on the next turn if doesn't switch. Works similar to Yawn. More explained down below.

Effect Elaboratedly Explained: Deals small amount of damage, but deals the opponent a chill that causes it to be Frozen on the next turn (works like Yawn) if it does not switch out. It will NOT work on any Pokemon with the ability Magma Armor nor can it freeze if the Sun is out (just like always). Freeze Clause is in play, so players should not use this move if there's already a Pokemon frozen. When the Freeze Clause is checked, and there's already one Pokemon frozen, this move will only do its 25 BP damage and have no secondary effect. Pokemon with the ability Shield Dust will also be immune to the freeze. Since it is a Ghost type move, it will also not work on any Normal type Pokemon.
It has to be an attacking move, not one like Knock off where adding on a teensy bit of damage will suddenly make it an offensive move. It doesn't count. But its awesome IMO and I would support it if it was allowed...
I've added a little bit more power so it would be more similar to a Quick Attack due to STAB. That should be allowed now since Quick Attack is nonetheless used, such as on Staraptor or Scyther.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Eh Bass thought the one that was posted earlier by someone else was a bit too much, so I thought I would clean it up a bit and make it less "broken". Credit for the name to whoever the original creator was.

Rift Hop
Power: 60
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Ability: Acts like U-Turn except with the added effect that it halves the residual damage taken from Spikes / Stealth Rock upon entry for the Pokemon that switches in.

Spikes:
1 layer: 6.25% (6%)
2 layers: 9.375% (9%)
3 layers: 12.5% (12%)

Stealth Rock:
4x Resistant: 1.5625% (1%)
2x Resistant: 3.125% (3%)
Neutral: 6.25% (6%)
2x Weak: 12.5% (12%)
4x Weak: 25% (25%)

Loop Hole
BP: 40
PP: 15
Priority:
+0, -1

User becomes invulnerable, then attacks the next turn. After attacking the opponent, the player chooses a new Pokémon to send out.

Shadow Force + U-Turn, with much less attack of course. I'm shooting for two different Priorities here, regular priority on skill activation and negative priority on second turn. This allows you to possibly scout 2 possible moves, item, switch-in Pokemon, enemy's Ability, and net you some Leftover recovery.

Eh Bass thought the one that was posted earlier by someone else was a bit too much, so I thought I would clean it up a bit and make it less "broken". Credit for the name to whoever the original creator was.
haha thanks. I was a little worried about asking exactly why mine had been taken down.

Nazo Slash
BP: 75
Accuracy: 95
Effect: Has 50% Chance of giving the opponent a random staus ailment (except sleep)
Nazo means Riddle, puzzle or enigma. But it also means mystery. Henceforth the effect has a chance of giving the opponent a status ailment which makes it a "mystery" of what it could give you.
(Basically a ghost crush claw, but with different effect)
P.S. Open to comments since this is my first time making a move.
there are many kinds of status effects (paralysis, freeze, burn, confusion, in love) so your should be more specific. maybe make it like tri-attack with a 10% to each one.

Barrel Roll
Type: Steel
BP: 70
PP: 20
Effect: Switches out after damage.

Steel U-Turn, yessiree...
Metal Crush
type: Steel
Physical
Power:75 Accuracy: 95% 10 pp
50% chance to lower target's defense two stages

Bascially, a steel version of crush claw only with a two stage drop.
EDIT:
Frighthammer/Shadowhammer/Shadow Smash/Shadow Crush
BP: 100
PP:5
Acc:90%
Damage: Physical
Effect: Has a 30% chance to lower the target's Defense two stages.
Basically a physical Seed Flare.

I lowered the BP, added more accuracy, a lowered the percentage chance of lowering defense.

Rift Hop
Power: 60
Ability: Acts like U-Turn except with the added effect that it halves the residual damage taken from Spikes / Stealth Rock upon entry for the Pokemon that switches in.

Spikes:
1 layer: 6.25% (6%)
2 layers: 9.375% (9%)
3 layers: 12.5% (12%)

Stealth Rock:
4x Resistant: 1.5625% (1%)
2x Resistant: 3.125% (3%)
Neutral: 6.25% (6%)
2x Weak: 12.5% (12%)
4x Weak: 25% (25%)
I quoted the 4 moves I liked the best. Out of these, arctic's is the best. I had a move similar to his, just with a base power of 80.

EDIT: oops, sorry. I put a non-damaging move T_T

(all the good names for Shadow moves were taken by Pokemon XD...)

Shadow Lift
Category: Physical
Power: 80
Additional Effects: 40% chance to lower the User's defense by one stage, 30% chance to make the foe flinch.
Description: The user summons power from the shadows, then slams into the foe with a brutal power that may cause flinching. It also may lower the user's defense.

This somewhat the same as Strength, with some additional side effects that cause drawback, but can help force switches with flinches.

Name: Thought Theft
Physical Ghost
BP: ???
Acc: 95%
Effect: Battle Power becomes equal to the strongest attack the opponent has.​

For example, if CAP7 was fighting a Swampert, when it used this move, a message would say CAP7 stole Swampert's Earthquake. Then, the attack would have 100 BP.​

Does it scout? Yes,it tells you their most poweful move, sort of like forwarn, except its an attack.

Is it a reliable STAB? Not really, but it is good against sweepers and tanks, but isn't so good against stuff without powerful moves.
I like the idea, but think it should instead be a nonattacking move similar to mimic. In reality, it would turn this move into a non-atttacking move. For instance it would "steal" Swampert's Earthquake and actually use earthquake against it. Sure there could be some problems, like if you use a water move on Vaporeon who has water absorb, but it could also work to your benefit if you use earthquake on a Rhyperior. It wouldn't be limited to just attacking moves, nonattacking moves could be used such as dragon dance.

Other than that, I am in full support of Barrel Roll as an attacking move.

Shadowy Assault
Power: 100
Accuracy: 90%
Priority: -1

Secondary Effect: Has a 50% chance to confuse the target.
Possible Description: Attacks viciously the moment the foe lets its guard down.

Meh, it could very well need nerfing. A solid STAB that can also confuse(push switches). It doesn't, imo, completely outclass Shadow Claw(lower PP, lower accuracy, - priority), but I can easily see it being used more often than Shadow Claw.

Seeing as how my suggestion isn't likely the best I would like to announce what moves I support. Namely I am quite fond of Night Chill.

I like the idea, but think it should instead be a nonattacking move similar to mimic. In reality, it would turn this move into a non-atttacking move. For instance it would "steal" Swampert's Earthquake and actually use earthquake against it. Sure there could be some problems, like if you use a water move on Vaporeon who has water absorb, but it could also work to your benefit if you use earthquake on a Rhyperior. It wouldn't be limited to just attacking moves, nonattacking moves could be used such as dragon dance.
That isn't the idea of the move. The move is supposed to be ghost STAB.

Also stealing DD or other stat up moves would make it sweeper.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'd prefer it if we either went with a clone or something simple. A lot of people are going way too far with secondary effects. Lets keep it simple. I'd support a Ghost-type Earthquake, Crush Claw, or U-turn. Really I haven't seen anything useful outside of that. As for Steel-type moves, it's quite pointless seeing as Iron Head/Meteor Mash are allowed.

EDIT:
Shadow Smash/Shadow Crush/Fright Smash
Acc:90%
Effect: Has a 30% chance to lower the target's Defense two stages.

I lowered the BP, added more accuracy, a lowered the percentage chance of lowering defense.
Made another EDIT:
Shadow Smash/Shadow Crush/Fright Smash
BP: 85
PP:5
Acc: 100%
Effect: Has a 35% chance to lower the target's Defense one stage.

I lowered the BP again, added more accuracy again, added more chance of the effect, and made it hanged it to lower defense one stage, and raised the PP by 5.

Shade Impact
Class: Physical
Base Power: 120
Accuracy: 100%

Effect: If opponent switches Pokemon on the turn this attack was selected (including Baton Pass or U-turn), this attack does nothing.
---

Notes: An awesome move for an awesome scout, as it encourages switching, therefore revealing information about your opponent's team.

That isn't the idea of the move. The move is supposed to be ghost STAB.

Also stealing DD or other stat up moves would make it sweeper.
I know, but I feel the move would better function as a supporting move better than a ghost STAB. However, I do see your point. I thought the move could expand to make it scout more than just attacking moves.

And not all statup moves would benefit CAP7. It could steal Nasty Plot and couldn't use it if it had no special attacks. I used Dragon Dance as an example.

Ghoul Cannon
BP: 90
Priority: +1
Effect: 30% chance to lower the targets Defence by 1 stage.

A ghost type Flash Cannon with priority.

Edit: Fixed it.

Ah, kaonohiokala, you've posted the concept I was going to post, and by just a few minutes in advance too!

Here it is anyway, with just a couple of tweaks:

Phase Strike
Class: Physical
Base Power: 80-100
Accuracy: 90-100%
Effect: 60% chance of Flinch. If opponent switches this move fails.

I don't see why we'd need to make a new move for this Pokemon unless it directly helps it scout. An attack like this gives your opponent an incentive to switch, and will likely give you a solid idea of what fast Pokemon your opponent has, be they sweepers or Choiced.
The nice thing about this kind of attack is that just the knowledge that you might have it could be enough to scare an enemy away, and you could just pre-emptively U-Turn without even having to do anything first.

Name: Odd Rift/Odd Window
Physical
Acc: 80

The user disappears for one turn (ala fly, dig, etc). On the second turn, user has 80% chance to hit with a 100 BP ghost attack. If the opponent uses a damaging physical attack while the user is "disappeared", the opponents pokemon will be switched out to a random team member and the user of Odd Rift will be instantly brought back into play (no damage is done).

Obviously this supports scouting in more way than one. One is that everyone switches when people use these types of moves. Two is that if the CAP7 user can predict a physical attack, they can essentially cause a priority-less roar.

Ghoul Cannon
Attribute: Special
BP: 90
Effect: 30% chance to lower the targets Special Defence by 1 stage.

A ghost type Flash Cannon with priority.
Why? CAP7 has terrible special attack, which really isn't rectified even with a +1 boost, which it would only be getting 30% of the time, so it's hardly doing any dependable damage and most likely won't be causing any switches even if it gets the SpD drop as a result. Priority really doesn't matter, as Shadow Sneak and Bullet Punch should be be doing more damage, running off its much stronger attacking stat. Seems to be too much of a gimmick option to be worth creating a move for, IMO. Pretty much, Ghost Crush Claw, which I believe has already been proposed in this thread, does the same thing, but much more effectively.

I know, but I feel the move would better function as a supporting move better than a ghost STAB. However, I do see your point. I thought the move could expand to make it scout more than just attacking moves.

And not all statup moves would benefit CAP7. It could steal Nasty Plot and couldn't use it if it had no special attacks. I used Dragon Dance as an example.
But the problem is in stealing DD or SD. The fact it can steal NP doesn't make it any better.

Anyway, I changed around the PP and Accuracy

hydrolphin said:
Name: Thought Theft
Physical Ghost
BP: ???
Acc: 90%
Effect: Battle Power becomes equal to the strongest attack the opponent has.

Name: Shadow dash or something better
Physical
BP: 65
Effects: forces both pokemon to switch (maybe randomly??), both pokemon take no damage from spikes, stealth rock and toxic spikes.

I really hope this is not too broken, if it is just let me know, I tried to balance it.

Name: Shadow dash or something better
Physical
BP: 65
Effects: forces both pokemon to switch (maybe randomly??), both pokemon take no damage from spikes, stealth rock and toxic spikes.

I really hope this is not too broken, if it is just let me know, I tried to balance it.
i think it might too easily deal with anything that the opponent brings in to counter CaP7. they bring in something to beat you, you use a priority move that forces a switch and then bring in something with full knowledge of what their counter for CaP7 could be.

would it be better if I made it un-priority?

or
I could keep it priority and have it read "if the opponent uses a move before this move then neither pokemon switch out"

Move name: Spectral Flash
Type:ghost
Physical
BP:55
pp:5
acc:85%
priority:0
ability: 50% chance to lower opponents accuracy two stages.
If -2 accuracy won't cause switches, I dont know what will.

Move name: Spectral Flash
Type:ghost
Physical
BP:55
pp:5
acc:85%
priority:0
ability: 50% chance to lower opponents accuracy two stages.
If -2 accuracy won't cause switches, I dont know what will.
If the BP and PPs going to be that low, you should probably raise the accuracy up to 100, since you can't really spam it indefinitely with only 8 pp. 42.5% chance of causing a drop with only 8 pp seems a bit underpowered. Nitpick: The name makes it sound like a special attack. Maybe rename it to ectoplasmer or something.

Any thoughts on my Fly/Dig attack with a Roar/WW effect added on?

would it be better if I made it un-priority?

or
I could keep it priority and have it read "if the opponent uses a move before this move then neither pokemon switch out"
either one of those could work, but you should get more import from the rest of the community not just me.

Name: Odd Rift/Odd Window
Physical
Acc: 80

The user disappears for one turn (ala fly, dig, etc). On the second turn, user has 80% chance to hit with a 100 BP ghost attack. If the opponent uses a damaging physical attack while the user is "disappeared", the opponents pokemon will be switched out to a random team member and the user of Odd Rift will be instantly brought back into play (no damage is done).

Obviously this supports scouting in more way than one. One is that everyone switches when people use these types of moves. Two is that if the CAP7 user can predict a physical attack, they can essentially cause a priority-less roar.
so if something slower than you attacks when you first activate this move then they switch, and if they switch to something faster than you they can't attack otherwise they will be forced to switch again? this puts too many limits on the opponent in my oppinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)