Not open for further replies.
foibles said:
Rift Hop
Power: 60
Accuracy: 100
Type: Ghost
PP: 10
Priority: 0
Ability: Acts like U-Turn except with the added effect that it halves the residual damage taken from Spikes / Stealth Rock upon entry for the Pokemon that switches in.

Spikes:
1 layer: 6.25% (6%)
2 layers: 9.375% (9%)
3 layers: 12.5% (12%)

Stealth Rock:
4x Resistant: 1.5625% (1%)
2x Resistant: 3.125% (3%)
Neutral: 6.25% (6%)
2x Weak: 12.5% (12%)
4x Weak: 25% (25%)
^This move^ rocks face.

Shadow Strike could work, but maybe it could get a little more PP (15) and lose a bit of Accuracy (85%), as well as a new name: Shadow Lance.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Name : Shadow Lance
Type : Ghost
Category : Physical/Contact
Base Power : 80
Accuracy : 85%
Power Points : 15
Priority : 0
Effect : Has a 50% of lowering the foe's Defense stat by one stage.

Slightly powered-up Ghost-type Crush Claw.
Guys, read the thread before you submit a new move. If you wanted Shadow Strike with a little less Accuracy and a little more PP, you could've just suggested it.

Move Name: Extinguish
Physical
BP: 50
PP: 5
Acc: 100
Effect: Forces both the user and the target to switch out. The pokemon are replaced in the same order as they attacked during this turn.

If you prevent your opponent from attacking using this move, they get to see your switch-in first, which is an attempt to balance this move. That being said, it might be a bit much. Should it maybe be changed to -1 priority?

either one of those could work, but you should get more import from the rest of the community not just me.

so if something slower than you attacks when you first activate this move then they switch, and if they switch to something faster than you they can't attack otherwise they will be forced to switch again? this puts too many limits on the opponent in my oppinion.
Well, that's why I made it so that the effect only activates on physical attacks, which the meta is centralized around, and so that if the effect does activate, CAP7 will be brought back into play and the 100 BP ghost attack will no longer occur without activating Odd Rift again. Do you still think it's too overpowered?

Trounce
Power: 90 (135)
Accuracy: 85
PP: 10 (16)
Effect: Has a critical hit rate one stage higher than normal.

The Ghost-type equivalent of Crabhammer.

These are the Shadow Claw Calculations:

Gengar: 120.31% - 142.53%
BU Revvy: 59.38% - 70.31%
SpinnerStar: 70.18% - 82.81%
SpecStar: 90.42% - 108.05%
Celebi: 37.62% - 45.05%
Max HP/SpD Rotom Forms: 65.13% - 76.97%
Max HP/Def Rotom Form: 51.32% - 61.18%
It just misses out on Stealth Rock 0HKOs to several things. Trounce gives you a chance to mediate this.

To put things in perspective:

(103 + 50) x (75 x 1.5) = 153 x 112 = 17136
(103 + 50) x (90 x 1.5) = 153 x 135 = 20655

20655 / 17136 = 1.205357...

So Trounce is 1.2x as powerful as Shadow Claw. Using this figure to make some crude damage estimates;

Gengar: 120.31% - 142.53%
Trounce does about 144.37% - 171.04%
(actual damage: 144.27% - 170.23%)
BU Revvy: 59.38% - 70.31%
Trounce does about 71.26% - 84.37%
SpinnerStar: 70.18% - 82.81%
Trounce does about 84.22% - 99.37%
SpecStar: 90.42% - 108.05%
Trounce does about 108.50% - 129.66%
Celebi: 37.62% - 45.05%
Trounce does about 45.14% - 54.29%
Max HP/SpD Rotom Forms: 65.13% - 76.97%
Trounce does about 78.16% - 92.36%
Max HP/Def Rotom Form: 51.32% - 61.18%
Trounce does about 61.58% - 73.42%
This gives you a potential 0HKO on Rotom and Spin Starmie after Stealth Rock, a >90% chance to 2HKO Celebi after SR and Leftovers (Dusknoir too) as well as a guaranteed 0HKO on Specs Starmie.

To prove that the Trounce doesn't make Cap7 too powerful:

Bronzong (30.18% - 35.80%)
Cresselia (35.59% - 42.34%)
Suicune (20.30% - 24.01%)
Offensive Gyarados (30.72% - 36.14%) after Intimidate
Vaporeon (27.46% - 32.37%)
Swampert (22.00% - 26.25%)
Bulky Waters are not countered all of a Sudden. Cresselia, who is actually weak against the move, isn't even 2HKOd. Remember that Forretress, Skarmory, Magnezone and Tyranitar actually resist it too, and they have huge defence scores.

I fully support this. It assists the team by halving entry hazard damage, and STAB U-Turn is always a good bonus.

Eh Bass thought the one that was posted earlier by someone else was a bit too much, so I thought I would clean it up a bit and make it less "broken". Credit for the name to whoever the original creator was.

Rift Hop
Power: 60
Ability: Acts like U-Turn except with the added effect that it halves the residual damage taken from Spikes / Stealth Rock upon entry for the Pokemon that switches in.

Spikes:
1 layer: 6.25% (6%)
2 layers: 9.375% (9%)
3 layers: 12.5% (12%)

Stealth Rock:
4x Resistant: 1.5625% (1%)
2x Resistant: 3.125% (3%)
Neutral: 6.25% (6%)
2x Weak: 12.5% (12%)
4x Weak: 25% (25%)

Cursed Claw
Physical
BP: 40
PP: 20

If the opponent is struck by this attack, they are inflicted with a 'Perish Count' along the same lines as Perish Song, which starts at 3 and ticks down every turn the opponent does not switch out. If this attack is used against a Pokémon who is immune to the attack or uses a blocking move such as Protect or Detect, the Perish Count effect does not activate. Switching out removes the Perish Count effect. If this move is used against a Pokémon who has received a Perish Count from Perish Song that is still in effect, the move fails.

This move was designed to help CAP7's versatility, allowing him to force switches relatively easily but also not being too overpowered, allowing a counter to switch in and NOT be punished for attacking him. This would increase CAP7's ability to scout and would most likely be very usable on him.
I fully support this move. Perish Song is a very effective move at causing switches, however delayed the switch may be. Along with Protect, this may be used to great effect. The attack itself is not overpowering at all, and the move's effect allows for great flexibility and scouting.

A scenario such as this would be ideal: CAP7 using Cursed Claw, taking a hit. Then using Protect, as the pressure to switch increases. Finally, a U-Turn would allow you to see what they would switch in, and if they don't, they'd have to succumb to Perish Song's wrath. This way, we don't have to waste a move on a STAB U-Turn or an overpowered move to force switches.

Shade Slash
Power: 70
PP: 15

When an oppenent is struck by this attack, there is a 12.5% chance of revealing one of the opposing Pokemon's move and a 12.5% chance of revealing one of the opponents Pokemon.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to explain helpfulness. This could be handy thanks to passable BP and learning about the opponent's party and the moves they are running can give you vital information about the strategy they are using.

I support a ghost / steel type U-turn, maybe with a name like Shadow Glide. It would be helpful and fit the theme, but wouldn't be too overpowering.

I have a bit of a problem with a lot of the moves being thrown out, because they either aren't meant to be particularly damaging or there's little reason to use them over Iron Head/Shadow Claw. With that in mind, I thought this up based on a kind of combination Crush Claw/Charge Beam.

Soul Crush
Category: Physical
PP: 10 (Max 16)
Power: 50
Accuracy: 90%

Has a 70% chance of reducing the opponent's defense 1 stage.

When this is used, its effect will probably come in to play, and CAP7 will be able to deal much more damage with stronger attacks like Iron Head and Earthquake. Because of this, the opponent is strongly encouraged to switch, helping CAP7 to scout. It's difficult to sweep with this move, but it's still a pretty solid attack, and has the bonus of supporting the theme. This is quite similar to what many other people are suggesting, but I feel it's sufficiently different with its emphasis on potential over direct power, without being worthless as an attack.

Burden Blitz (better name can be suggested)
Type: Ghost (Physical/makes contact)
BP: 100
PP: 5/6/7/8
Acc: 75%
Description: The user performs a mysterious ritual and tackles the opponent, inflicting a Curse if it hits.
Effect: Yeah, it's a Dynamicpunch clone, but the status is Ghost-type Curse.

Well, this is my submission; it's powerful Ghost STAB and it helps Maskitell* to force switches; the only problem is that the accuracy is unreliable. (EDIT: Bumped it up from 50% to 75% b/c the only thing that uses Dynamicpunch is No Guard Machamp.)

I know it's a bit off topic here, but I DO have code for the three missing moves if Doug should want it.

*Maskitell is my submitted name for this CaP. Feel free to edit this and any future post of mine to reflect the winning name.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with Cyber, Cursed Claw sounds like a great option, and I don't think we need a steel/ghost type U-Turn.

Shadow Assist
Type: Ghost Physical
BP: 35
Acc: 90

The user and its shadow strike an enemy twice in a row, if the user has a substitute it strikes 3 times.

Its a ghost double-hit, I originally thought that with a substitute it could hit 4 times, but that sounded too much, maybe if its lower BP and perhaps half its power during sunny day?

Ghoul Cannon
Attribute: Physical
BP: 90
Priority: +1
Effect: 30% chance to lower the targets Defence by 1 stage.

A ghost type Flash Cannon with priority.

Edit: Fixed it.
I'm not really sure about a 90 BP Priority move with 100% accuracy and a side effect, not to mention STAB & the PPs are high enough... With STAB, it's power is equivalent to Azelf's Psychic, stronger than Tech Bullet Punch on Scizor.... And Priority?

Haunting Image
Type: Ghost (Physical)
Accuracy: 100%
Priority: 1 Followed by -2
Effect: Switches out, then reappears at the end of the turn.

Works like this;

Trainer A's Foxie used Haunting Image
Trainer B's Infernape lost 30% HP
Trainer A recalled Foxie and sent out Swampert
Trainer B's Infernape used Fire Punch
Trainer A's Swampert took 30%
Trainer A Recalled Swampert
Trainer A Sent out Foxie

In essence, this causes the pokemon you send out to take the hit for you, whilst still keeping this guy in. Good for checking for SE moves or abusing Intimidate (Both good at scouting).

Haunting Image

Works like this;

Trainer A Sent out Foxie

In essence, this causes the pokemon you send out to take the hit for you, whilst still keeping this guy in. Good for checking for SE moves or abusing Intimidate (Both good at scouting).
Kind of sounds like Protect. Except that you take damage and have to expose one of your teammates to your enemy.

Kind of sounds like Protect. Except that you take damage and have to expose one of your teammates to your enemy.
Agreeing with this. If it works in succession, it's a bit broken imo. If that move had the decreasing chance of repeated success mechanic, it would be better. Interesting idea, none-the-less.

Shadow Alter
Category: Physical
PP: 20
Effect: The user hits then switches out (like U-turn), but the sent in Pokemon, upon switching in, doesn't receive any damage from damaging moves (doesn't block side-effects of moves like Knock Off)

Move name: Spectral Smash
Type:ghost
Physical
BP:85
pp:10
acc:85%
priority:0
ability: 50% chance to lower opponents accuracy two stages.
If -2 accuracy won't cause switches, I dont know what will.
Played around with the pp and BP a bit, let me know what you guys think.

Haunting Image

Works like this;

Trainer A Sent out Foxie

This I am liking. I don't really think of it as overly broken since it doesn't negate damage(unless you predict right and switch to a flashfire/earth-immune pokemon).

If people are too concerned about it maybe reduce the PP of it.

@umbreonleader -2 accuracy sure would force some switches I imagine. However, I am not too sure If I would use it over Shadow Claw myself.

Made a few edits to my previous one now that I get the 'feel' for how others are doing theirs(or so I can imagine).
Shadowy Assault
Power: 100
Priority: -1
Damage: Physical

Secondary Effect: Confuses the Target.
Possible Description: Attacks viciously the moment the foe lets its guard down.

DynamicPunch with negative priority rather than low accuracy. This makes it more usable for anyone not named Machamp, but still supplies a stiff penalty for something as fast as this. You will not be sweeping much with a negative priority move regardless of stab and high base power. Gives it strong stab while keeping sweeping in check. Still nowhere near as handy/nifty as some of the other suggestions, but I figured I would try an update just for kicks.

It seems like the most common suggestions are either A) STAB U-Turn, or B) STAB Crush Claw/Seed Flare type move that has a solid chance of lowering stats. So my thought is, why not combine them?

Lingering Shade
Effect: Switches the attacking Pokemon with a Pokemon of the Attacker's choice. Lowers Attack, Special Attack, Defense, or Special Defense of the defending Pokemon one stage, chosen randomly with equal probability. The stat lowered is revealed before the attacking player chooses which Pokemon to send in.

The typing can be either Ghost or Steel (with the suggested name Rust Rush, if Steel). The power can probably range from 40-80 depending on how much this was to be pushed and what the final effect is chosen as. The effect could be either as written, a guaranteed 1-Stage fall of a given stat (probably defense), or a 40-60% chance of a 2-stage fall of a given stat (again probably defense). I kind of like the idea as currently written, however, as it provides some interesting opportunities as to what you choose to switch in. If their Pokemon gets a defense lowered on the switch-in, you can send out a Pokemon designed to take advantage of this lowered defense. If they get an attacking stat lowered, you could take the opportunity to send in a stat-up Pokemon and start to set up.
It has the benefit of scouting for a switch with standard U-turn procedure, but has the added effect of enticing them to switch again immediately, revealing more of their team. Steel would give it no immune Pokemon, allowing this to be used on things like Blissey and Togekiss, but has overall weaker coverage.

Move Name: Demon Grapple
Genre: Physical
PP: 15 (max 24)
Power: 120
Acc: 100
Effect: Has a 10% chance to cause the target flinch. Does 1/3 damage to the user as recoil.

A reliable attacking choice for CaP7, much like Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Volt Tackle and Co., which has a huge base power but a wicked backslash. Since it has not-so-spectacular defenses, this move suits for Choiced CaP7s.

Move name: Demon Rush
Physical
BP: 80
Acc: 60%
Ability: Confuses the opponent.

Pretty much a ghost-type DynamicPunch, though I'm willing to tweak the BP and accuracy.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rocket Punch
BP: 75 * (Userspeed/Targetspeed) max. 150

Interesting move idea, I think. The lack of any sort of physical STAB ghost move barring Shadow Claw is rather detrimental, and this 'reverse gyro ball' uses CAP7's good speed as an offensive tool. Assuming Jolly and 252 EVs, it hits 350 speed. I originally used 50 in the BP calculation, but that is still only around the power of Shadow Claw against most of the slower opponents in the CAP metagame, so I changed it to 75. Against an opponent of 250 speed (my chosen control stat) it hits with exactly 105 base power, similar to that of Return. Although the metagame at present is heavily built on speed, this move can effectively balance out all the damage done to walls and sweepers. Of course, Magnezone and Heatran don't care about this move, whatever their spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)