Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, here's something odd:
RNG Reporter tells me to hit Frame 863 (70 Happiness taps, 10 coin taps).
That should yield a Jolly Shiny according to RNG Reporter. Due to the simplicity of this tapping task, I'm pretty sure I got it right.

When the egg was hatched, the nature was indeed correct, but the shiny was not. Is there a possible explanation for this? I'm using Diamond.

EDIT: Oh yes, I should mention. I was using Fast Hatch and IV Check AR Codes. However, thetorsoboy used those codes in his Youtube video, so shouldn't it be okay? I guess I'll try a code free run now.
Those codes really don't matter. I would verify that you were where you thought you were by collecting two more eggs and seeing if the natures match frame 864 and 865.

Also, and I guess you know this since you saw the video, there is no shiny sparkle on hatch, so if the sprite is close to normal maybe you didn't notice?

Sure your ID and SID are correct?

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but hatching an egg with the happiness checker open, it will move the seed forward just like switching to the app.

Those codes really don't matter. I would verify that you were where you thought you were by collecting two more eggs and seeing if the natures match frame 864 and 865.

Also, and I guess you know this since you saw the video, there is no shiny sparkle on hatch, so if the sprite is close to normal maybe you didn't notice?

Sure your ID and SID are correct?
I am aware there is no sparkle upon hatching, having hatched a few shinies by luck. The pokemon I tested was Magikarp, who has a very different shiny sprite. This was an intentional choice.

Unfortunately, I shut off the game to try again, so I can't check subsequent frames. My ID is correct, and my SID is correct if the AR code is. SID's have the same amount of digits as my regular ID, correct? I'm just making sure there isn't a 0 before or something.

EDIT: Figured out why numbers weren't inputting. NumLock was off... DOH!

Mingot, if you figure this out, I owe you my soul between this and the emergency Jolteon you traded me.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I do test in vista 32 bit.

I assume you are talking about the fields to enter the IVs? If so that is bizarre and not one I have seen. The entry fields are just common controls so if they are failing to do something as elementary as accepting input I'd be at a loss to explain that.

Maybe you were using the number pad and num lock was not on? :) Wow, I have been writing software for too long. I should win a remote debugging pebcak award for this one.

As for the hatching -- Next time try to do a post mortem to find out what went wrong (hatch a few more eggs and then look for where you did land). Perhaps you will be early and get a second shot.

OK, I'm having the same issue as bearsfan--right nature, not shiny.

my tap count was higher (226) but I did do this very, very carefully so I'm PRETTY sure I didn't screw up the taps. Any commentary? :\

OK, I'm having the same issue as bearsfan--right nature, not shiny.

my tap count was higher (226) but I did do this very, very carefully so I'm PRETTY sure I didn't screw up the taps. Any commentary? :\
Not to be mean or anything, but the program is perfect. Many people have done it successfully, and it must be an error on your part.

Not to be mean or anything, but the program is perfect. Many people have done it successfully, and it must be an error on your part.
-_- Thanks for the insight, but I wasn't suggesting it was the program's fault, I was asking if anyone could think of any other errors I could have made.

lol. With the information you gave us, we can't tell. You should do what mingot suggested, get a couple more eggs and see how far you were off. If off be +- 12, one tap off.

I do test in vista 32 bit.

I assume you are talking about the fields to enter the IVs? If so that is bizarre and not one I have seen. The entry fields are just common controls so if they are failing to do something as elementary as accepting input I'd be at a loss to explain that.

Maybe you were using the number pad and num lock was not on? :)

As for the hatching -- Next time try to do a post mortem to find out what went wrong (hatch a few more eggs and then look for where you did land). Perhaps you will be early and get a second shot.
You probably were looking at an old version of my post. You guess correctly. NumLock was off.

Testing a bashful shiny now. Will keep you posted if it works.

mingot

free agent
I suggested some things to bears fan (such as hatching a few subsequent eggs and ensuring that the natures matched the next on the list). Doing that could at least help eliminate some things.

You only took 3 tries? I did at least seven to get one of a nature I could use below 1000. And I had to settle for the less useful ability.
I've SRed more than 20 times and the closest I got was 3100 and 2800 taps with the right ability and gender.
Just three? Wow, many of my spreads don't even have a spread with a 600 for offset.
The delay doesn't really matter, the initial seed will always be the first one in the list unless you are the slowest person on the world and it takes you hours to hit A in the continue screen. My delay always varies between 700 and 1000.
I know, but I've already spent 4 hours trying to get a reasonable amount of taps :|
I just did one with 673 Happiness taps and I couldn't even count that one right... my egg didn't turn out shiny. :|
It seems I was very lucky then :D. Results will always differ between people because of their different IDs and SIDs though.
It really took me 5 tries but I'm not counting the first 2 because I forgot to check the "Shiny Only" box then :S
My point still stands, if you are having trouble finding early shiny spreads then get international parents to increase your chances.

Okay, here's something odd:
RNG Reporter tells me to hit Frame 863 (70 Happiness taps, 10 coin taps).
That should yield a Jolly Shiny according to RNG Reporter. Due to the simplicity of this tapping task, I'm pretty sure I got it right.

When the egg was hatched, the nature was indeed correct, but the shiny was not. Is there a possible explanation for this? I'm using Diamond.

EDIT: Oh yes, I should mention. I was using Fast Hatch and IV Check AR Codes. However, thetorsoboy used those codes in his Youtube video, so shouldn't it be okay? I guess I'll try a code free run now.
I'm almost sure that you didn't check the "Shiny Only" box like me so you are getting a really early spread that will not necessarily be shiny but the nature and everything else will be correct.

I suggested some things to bears fan (such as hatching a few subsequent eggs and ensuring that the natures matched the next on the list). Doing that could at least help eliminate some things.
Mingot. I just tried again on that bashful spread I mention earlier (frame 2254). Should be shiny. It isn't. The nature is correct. Currently hatching frame 2255. Will update you within 10 minutes.

Okay, Edit time:
The subsequent frames were not Impish and then Mild (2255 and 2256 respectively). This means that I'm probably doing something wrong. I will try a third time. If natures get messed up again, I'll make contact with Tase regarding possible mistakes we are making.

mingot

free agent
You should attempt to locate that sequence of three natures on the list to get an idea of where you actually landed.

Well I think I found my mistake. Remember how I was saying I was having that weird problem, that was fixed by closing and reopening the program between resets? Yeah, well somewhere along the line I'm pretty sure I forgot to change "Method 1" to "Plat Egg ID." I'm a tard. :)

Gonna try this again the right way, but I'm pretty sure that was my only error (though a huge one >_>).

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but for some reason when I use the "fast egg" AR code for Japanese Platinum I always get the same egg, except for IVs of course. They always have the same PID, gender, ability and nature. Is this something wrong with platinum or with the code I'm using?

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but for some reason when I use the "fast egg" AR code for Japanese Platinum I always get the same egg, except for IVs of course. They always have the same PID, gender, ability and nature. Is this something wrong with platinum or with the code I'm using? And if anyone knows where I can get some AR codes for Japanese Platinum I would appeciate it very much.
This is definitely not the place to ask for help on AR codes and unless the rules have changed I don't think that you can ask about them in this forum.

Okay 2 additonal tries, both fruitless:
3rd try: Tried Naive, got it, but no shiny. Did not further test
4th try: Tried Jolly (frame 2046 according to RNG reporter), got it, no shiny. Following egg was Hardy (Frame 2047).

Ready to blow my brains out. On second thought, the brains of my DS out.

I don't have the time for it right now, but I'm going to make a video detailing EVERY SINGLE STEP I take. I'll show a few others that are having similar problems. If we can't determine it, then I will put the video here after it is done. I'm gonna speak to Tase and check her progress.

Anyone offer any explanations? I'm on Platinum EGG PID (Normal) With Shiny Only checked.

That's pretty weird... I'm still having the same issue. @_@ I did go back and fix the drop-down menu and tested it out with a random, Careful spread, but still nothing. Nature wasn't even right this time. :\

That's pretty weird... I'm still having the same issue. @_@ I did go back and fix the drop-down menu and tested it out with a random, Careful spread, but still nothing. Nature wasn't even right this time. :\
That probably means you messed up the taps. Still having the same issue... Check your PM's and we can collaborate.

Once RNG reporter 4.0 comes out, you can probably help find out how many seeds are consumed from the legendary pokemon. You can do it before if you want to.

Wait until Jonny or mingot ask something that needs testing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)