Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Well, the longer delays WOULD work if you waited longer to press A, wouldn't they?

Question. If one made an AR code that, say, multiplied your taps on the happiness checker by 10 if you tapped while holding select, would that make the Pokemon suddenly illegit?

And keep this in mind: You NEED to use Pokesav or an AR to find your Secret ID anyways, so it isn't like your Pokemon is 100% clean of hacking

Someone already brought up a similar idea about using codes to avoid lots of tapping, we already shot it down. Seriously, the whole point is legit shinies, why screw that up?

And keep this in mind: you do NOT need a device to determine your secret ID. If you catch a shiny naturally (no chaining) in game, you can use that to discover your SID based on the poke's PID. So despite what you thought, some of these shinies are totally clean.

Edit: Check page 33 of the thread for the previous response to a similar suggestion. Just trying to prevent another moral explosion, so lets drop this topic before it ever gets picked up.

Didn't realize you'd updated the OP with diagrams and step by step. I'm sure you did it a long time ago, I'm just oblivious. Your explanation makes a lot more sense especially with screen caps. XD

Though when I find the closest to 600, select it, blah blah those things, then hit "Generate" only one PID row comes instead of a list as shown in the diagram. What am I doing wrong?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ Tase - It seems improbable, but it could be that there is only one shiny spread in the entire 100,000 that are listed. That would be incredibly bad luck. Do you have any of the filters for IV's/ETC flipped on? Or a nature selected?

@ DK - If you are hitting the A button after reset (and somewhat quickly) it really seems like you would get near 600.

@ Tase - It seems improbable, but it could be that there is only one shiny spread in the entire 100,000 that are listed. That would be incredibly bad luck. Do you have any of the filters for IV's/ETC flipped on? Or a nature selected?
No and no, but the problem goes away when I exit the program and go back in between resets.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No and no, but the problem goes away when I exit the program and go back in between resets.
Really should not have to do that, so no idea what you're doing.

I mean you are saying with 'Shiny only' unchecked it only shows one row in the grid?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I think it might have had something to do with the fact that between resets I didn't go about the "proper" way of clearing the initial seed field? I mean I deleted the coding, but maybe there was some other way to "refresh."

The next question I have is, is it typical to get 1500 taps for a spread? I found one I could try out, but I don't know how I'd be able to keep count of 3,000 taps in my head >_>

Yeah, that's what I meant. I think it might have had something to do with the fact that between resets I didn't go about the "proper" way of clearing the initial seed field? I mean I deleted the coding, but maybe there was some other way to "refresh."

The next question I have is, is it typical to get 1500 taps for a spread? I found one I could try out, but I don't know how I'd be able to keep count of 3,000 taps in my head >_>
No it really shouldn't be that bad. Most of mine I don't go for anything over 300. Remember that if you use international parents then you will get (in theory) 4x more shiny frames, so maybe try that?

mingot

free agent

There is really nothing proper you need to do between resets. When you reset you should be able to just hit the seed finder again, enter the IVs, update the time, if applicable, and then search. Selecting an item in the grid and clicking OK should populate the seed entry field on the main page and clicking generate should show a new list of spreads.

There is really nothing proper you need to do between resets. When you reset you should be able to just hit the seed finder again, enter the IVs, update the time, if applicable, and then search. Selecting an item in the grid and clicking OK should populate the seed entry field on the main page and clicking generate should show a new list of spreads.
Dunno, but I'm not having the problem anymore.

Also, how do you know which ability is "1" and which is "2"? Trial and error?

Just wanted to say thanks for the great work on this. I was able to get it to work 1st try in my Diamond and I didn't use an AR or any cheat codes whatsoever. I finally have a shiny Larvitar!

I don't get the part with entering the IVs and exact time. The time of capture? And does it matter if I like, need twenty minutes to get the exact IVs?

I don't get the part with entering the IVs and exact time. The time of capture? And does it matter if I like, need twenty minutes to get the exact IVs?
It's the time you hit "continue" on the Title screen (as shown in the first graphic in the step-by-step). So how long it takes you to find the poke's IVs doesn't matter

dachickens, I'm still trying to find a good Lonely/Naughty spread... :( I'd try "torsojuking" but I had a specific project in mind >.<

Are there any suggestions for how to get spreads of specific nature(s)? I'm having a really hard time finding ones of my target nature that don't have ridiculous amounts of taps :\

No, there is no way to do that. I know it's hard, but wait till you for one of a specific ability and gender, it's terrible. Have to go for 2801 taps right now.

Are there any suggestions for how to get spreads of specific nature(s)? I'm having a really hard time finding ones of my target nature that don't have ridiculous amounts of taps :\
If you don't find an early spread with the nature you want the SR and get a new seed. It took me 3 tries to get an Adamant spread with the second ability and a reasonable amount of taps (around 300 IIRC).
You can't control which natures you will get but if you use parents from different nationalities your shiny spreads will increase in number so there is more chance that one with the nature you want will appear sooner.

If you don't find an early spread with the nature you want the SR and get a new seed. It took me 3 tries to get an Adamant spread with the second ability and a reasonable amount of taps (around 300 IIRC).
You can't control which natures you will get but if you use parents from different nationalities your shiny spreads will increase in number so there is more chance that one with the nature you want will appear sooner.
You only took 3 tries? I did at least seven to get one of a nature I could use below 1000. And I had to settle for the less useful ability.

I know, but I've already spent 4 hours trying to get a reasonable amount of taps :|

I just did one with 673 Happiness taps and I couldn't even count that one right... my egg didn't turn out shiny. :|

Okay, here's something odd:
RNG Reporter tells me to hit Frame 863 (70 Happiness taps, 10 coin taps).
That should yield a Jolly Shiny according to RNG Reporter. Due to the simplicity of this tapping task, I'm pretty sure I got it right.

When the egg was hatched, the nature was indeed correct, but the shiny was not. Is there a possible explanation for this? I'm using Diamond.

EDIT: Oh yes, I should mention. I was using Fast Hatch and IV Check AR Codes. However, thetorsoboy used those codes in his Youtube video, so shouldn't it be okay? I guess I'll try a code free run now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)